The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:01 am

Post by The Quintastic One »

/Confirmi-dated.

Hurray for actually starting into a mafia game instead of needing to replace in!~ lol.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 am

/Confirm times dos! Mwahahaha
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:23 pm

Vote: Zhero.

For needlessly revising the way we spell zero.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:43 pm

Pick me false early claiming cop-sir! lol.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:59 pm

If you're seriously claiming to be a cop, then a volunteer investigation won't do you any good in the first place. Because you would of just outed yourself and the Mafia would be killing you on Night One without you having a chance to validate if your investigation is scum or not. lol.

Unless of course we have a doctor, in which case you would be the obvious target for protection from said doctor and huzzah! We would have some healthy investigating going on.

So cheah, go ahead and investigate me if you need a target. I'd love to get an early town read to help verify my innocence so I'm not constantly under suspicion.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm pretty sure he's probably confident there's a town doctor. Either that or he's completely false claiming to be the sacrifice for the night kill so that the real cop has an actual chance to investigate. I dunno, but it certainly spices up the game quite a bit early on!
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:27 am

So me purposefully volunteering for the town cop (Jack or not) means I'm scum...despite the fact that if they town cop were to take me up on that offer than I would be proven innocent, and no scum in their right mind would actively want to be investigated and outed on day 2 in the first place.

Which makes me believe that those who are pointing suspicions towards me and going so far as to even vote for me are scum trying to get a lynch so that that's one less cooperative townie to deal with and they can try to strike fear in anyone else who would dare to try and prove their innocence and screw up their late game hijinx.

Therefore

Vote: Strangercoug

FoS: Paltryexcuse

Call it rolefishing all you want. I'm fully willing for the town cop to investigate me. A proven innocent townie is a thousand times more useful than a bunch of townies that you can't trust to be telling the truth.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:43 am

I'm still not following any of your guys' logic.

I am town, I know I am town. If a cop were to investigate me then I wouldd be verified as town. And yet the ONLY true rebuttal to this case is that I could be the Godfather? Sounds like you guys are more trying to undermine the effectiveness of a cop by saying that even if he gets an innocent reading it's just the Godfather so we shouldn't listen to the cop.

That's scum talk, and you're looking all the more scummy the more you keep trying to insist that it's better that innocent townies remain suspicious while scum continue to twist everyone's arguments around.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:48 am

And yes, I fully understand the possibility that the cop doesn't HAVE to be sane. We're not in Road To Rome anymore, anything and everything can happen. But I still don't see how I could be blatantly telling a cop to investigate me means that I am scum. It's not logical, and it's stretching so far to try and find a fallacy in my argument that it screams scumtell to me.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:35 am

I don't appreciate you calling me stupid, and insinuating that I am not capable of playing this game and should replace out. It's obviously not scummy in my eyes, but it's definitely uncouth, unecessary and degrading.

So I'm going to ask you nicely one time not to insult me, and just play the game as normal. If you can't deal with the fact that I volunteered for a cop investigation, that's your beef and I advise you to take the game a little less seriously.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:47 am

I haven't even come close to putting a vote on you. But you are beginning to blatantly break the rules of the game by being disrespectful to me, your fellow player.

So I will ask you again, lay off and play the game. If you continue to insult me and show a lack of respect for this game I will PM the mod and have you warned for your actions.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:51 am

To Jack: I haven't put a vote on SC because I don't believe his actions are being scummy at this point. Disrespectful? Rude? Inconsiderate? Childish? Yes to all of those. But I don't vote out of breaking the rules. But if he insists on being zero help to the town and rather attacking me on a consistent basis rather than doing some actual scum hunting then yes, he will warrant my vote.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:08 am

Rofl, you're right Jack. My vote right now IS on just an RVS vote. And well, since Sir Cyanide refuses to play the game, he's obviously no help to the town anyway.

So
Vote: Sir Cyanide

Luckily "cry more please" only tells me you're probably someone who had a bad childhood and thus goes on the internet to try and troll and bully his way to make himself feel bigger. So I've got to ask, why are you even playing this game? You obviously have no vested interest in scum hunting, you're more content with trying to get a rise out of me to make your life seem less crappy, and now you're just going back and forth discussing pointless banter about your equally pointless posts.

You're no service to the town, so you're either a childish lurker or you're scum trying to purposefully distract from the game with meaningless insults. So my vote on you is fully justified.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:54 am

You've hardly debunked my theory.

According to you, the innocent townies should remain under the finger of suspicion at all times and should never be proven to be innocent because our time is better spent doing a wild goose chase on day 1 and deciding who's scum and who's not, which almost 100% of the time always ends up in a town lynch anyway.

But luckily we don't have to worry about that this game. As we've found our scum. It's just a matter of time before the "sane" people come into the game and realize it too. Then we can be rid of not only scum on day 1, but also a sad, annoying, depressing little man with nothing better to do than try to bully people out of a game of Mafia because he can't stand the fact that he's been outed as scum.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Zang wrote:Ok, you guys are all crazy.

quintastic one-Although cops investigating townies to prove the inocent can be helpful, investigating mafia is better.
Thank you for at least acknowledging that proving an innocent townie can be helpful. I can accept that and move on much better than "Oh my God you're such an idiot, I can't believe you want to be declared innocent!"
Quintastic one (again)- I don't see why are voting fo sir cyanide, you don't have any real reasons, the only reason you vote for someone is if you think they are scum, not if they do/don't want to play the game.

I will
FoS: quintastic one and sir cyanide

and
HoS: Jack
My other vote was a pure RVS vote. I believe Sir Cyanide is using Ad Hom and attacking the players in general instead of trying to do actual scumhunting. This is probably because he is incapable of playing scum correctly and is too lazy to actually try to create fallacies out of peoples posts. So he goes the easy route and just tries to piss as many people off as possible. I believe his methods are distracting from the game and if not scummy, at the very least he's anti-town and should be lynched or replace out for a more competent player.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Which reminds me, I should do that right.

Unvote,
Vote: Sir Cyanide.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Damnit.
Unvote, Vote: Sir Cyanide
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:06 pm

PaltryExcuse wrote:Okee... firstly, some clarification:
I've seen at least once someone using the abbreviation SC for Sir Cyanide. Be warned, we also have StrangerCoug, who name could also be abbreviated to SC. Cyan and Coug are still short and recognizable if neither objects.

On the 'talk' between TQO and Sir Cyanide:
You're both insulting each other. Just drop the personal attacks.

@TQO: Have I made myself clear on why I didn't like the role talk? (Participation itself is not odd, it is the content that was a bit suspicious. I.e.: Talk of doctors, cops, etc.)
Secondly, you mention that Cyan's tactic is to piss off people and is the easy route? If he is deliberately trying to anger others, I don't see how this is anything but null as this doesn't help whatever team he's on.
1) Ok, I'll use Cy or Coug as shortened versions to avoid SC confusion.

2) Gotcha. I'll drop the insults on my part. Sorry.

3) I didn't considerer it rolefishing because I wasn't directly trying to ask anybody to reveal themselves as the doctor I was mentioning. I can go further into my explanation of what I thinks gonna happen, but you already said you don't like all the role talk and I don't want to upset anyone else today.

4) And like I said during my reasoning, even if Cy using Ad Hom wasn't necessarily a scumtell, it's certainly anti-town and I believe both scumminess and anti-townness is worthy of being our lynch today.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Well since I'm one of your FoS's I'll bite. Do you have any questions for me or anything else you'd like to know? Doesn't have to be about anything in particular. Could just be generic questions about my gaming philosophy, what I ate for lunch today. I don't care. lol. Just figure I'll try to help you along with the hopes of easing your suspicions of me.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Well, Strangercoug does make a good point that I WAS too quick to believe Jack was the cop. I still think he's not bsing, but I was defending him pretty bad without even thinking about it. That's dangerous as he could still easily be scum baiting me and I seem to be the only guy who bought it.

So I'm gonna try to move on and think with a clear head on this one.

The way I see it it's one of two things. Either Jack really is the cop and the Mafia are panicked and now trying to lynch him so that they don't have to worry about nightkilling him. Or two, Jack is scum and tried to fool everybody into thinking he's the cop.

I'm leaning towards the former still, and I don't think Jack is hiding behind Cy. He could easily switch his vote to whoever he finds most scummy, and I don't see him tunneling (especially this early).

Either way, if Jack is the one to get lynched today I'm not convinced that I should participate. Because A) I find Cy to be more of a detriment to the town, scum or not, than Jack. And B) If Jack is lynched and he IS the town cop, that's 3 games in a row I've been in where the town cop was lynched on day 1. lol. I don't think I could live down that shame.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:21 pm

Zang wrote:Ok, You brought up some interesting points, although I believe Jack is scum, I do not want to risk lynching the cop on day 1, and cyanide is also scummy but if he is not mafia then it would be more of an affordable loss because as you put it he is "more of a detriment to the town than Jack"

unvote

so I will upgrade my fos to
vote:sir cyanide

I see it this way. ASSUMING Jack is the cop, he's either gonna be dead by night phase because Scum won't risk letting the cop have a free turn to investigate, or a doctors gonna protect him and we don't have to worry about a night kill for night 1. I don't see the scum throwing a swerve and targeting anybody else but Jack and risk having him really be the cop and ousting them.

So if Jack survives the night, and somebody else takes the kill, I will heavily suspect Jack as being scum.

And to Button-I am assuming Jack is the cop. That said, I am willingly volunteering myself to be investigated by a player who I believe to be the cop. You tell me how that in any earthly way equates a scumtell? I mean, seriously? That's bogus. Please help me understand how that is not bogus.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:33 pm

What was the point of saying that we could have a killing role? lol.

And yes, I am super new. This is also my first non-Road To Rome experience. And to be honest neither of the IC's or SE's in either of my first two games were particularly helpful in teaching us proper scum hunting techniques. But I'm trying the best I can with as limited knowledge that I have.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Speaking of voting if we could get a
vote count
that would be nice.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:47 pm

What am I saying that's weird? I think my statements and proofread them through my head to make sure they make sense to me before I post them. Sometimes even reading my posts two or three times to make sure what I'm saying makes sense. So I don't understand how you guys think what I'm saying is weird. Please explain.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:55 pm

I'm so going to be kicking myself if the town lynches the cop on day 1 again. lol. But everyone has their reasons for voting why they are voting. I guess I just don't understand the logic behind it.

Player #1: "Hey guys, I'm the town cop!"
Rest Of The Town: "Son of a bitch, let's lynch him!"
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Zang wrote:Tqo-I said it because the mafia might kill Jack who the doctor protects but if we have another killing role such as vigilante then they won't want to kill the cop so they would target someone else. I am saying this because you said Jack would be scummy if he did not die and someonelse was killed.
Gotcha. I like talking about variables like that. That would certainly throw me for a loop though. lol.

Fine, Coug. Let's assume that Jack isn't the cop. Tell me then, why would he openly hint at that kind of ability? What are the benefits of doing such a risky move?
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:48 am

Well I'd like to thank Sir Cyanide for posting that big point by point argument in full. When I see all of that together, it becomes clearer to me.

All I wanted was that acknowledgement that me being investigated would still be a good thing. Even if finding scum would be better.

It still makes me laugh how there are guys like Buttonman and ConfidAnon who despite all previous evidence and confidence on my part that I am indeed town, that I am somehow still scummy. It's whatever, it's natural that you're suspicious. But you couldn't be more wrong if I slapped a neon sign to your forehead that blinked every five seconds that you would be wrong.

Alot of stuff has been said that I need to analyze and see with a clear head who I think is the most scummy at this point. But in my mind Cy has at least proven my reasons for voting for him in the first place false.

Unvote: Sir Cyanide
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:29 am

I'm still not sure why Mafia would claim Cop so early in the game. I mean, from MY perspective his claim worked and fooled me into thinking he was undoubtably the cop. But from everyone elses perspective it seems obvious that he's actually scum. I'm trying to follow the logic of the debate going on between Strangercoug and Jack, but I don't get it.

I personally think Coug is overreaching a bit much here, because one of his main arguments that keeps being brought up is Jack's Prediction of what the game set up would be.

Of course, I could be bias due to the fact that he has a Hand of Suspicion on me despite me obviously being town and he just refuses to believe it. So I'm starting to think Coug may just be scum who is looking for anything and everything he can to manipulate and cling onto it to try and get a lynch.

I don't like how easily Zang's been manipulated either (yeah, pot meet kettle, sue me). One moment he understands my vote on Sir Cyanide over Jack and agrees with my points, the next moment now all of a sudden he's known Jack is scum all along. I don't buy it.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:44 am

Because nobodies answered my question as to why mafia would be so willing to be investigated by the cop. As you can see from my earlier posts, I was CONVINCED that Jack was the cop, and still am about 70% sure of that. So I go "pick me! pick me!" for an investigation. Are there any other roles beyond the Mafia Godfather that you can think of that would be so blatantly willing to be investigated.

Yes, I understand now that the cop investigating scum would be alot more effective than clearing me as town. But still, if I am THIS confident that I am innocent, I find it very suspect that other people are still as confident as they are that I am scummy.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #29) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:47 am

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. A guy borderline claims cop of all roles and the town turns on him, so me claiming townie (I do have an ability but I don't think I should reveal it unless I'm actually in need of a true claim) shouldn't surprise me that people still think I'm scum. lol. What right do I have after all to think I could be cleared when the hypothetical town cop himself can't get away with an early claim? lol.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #30) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:58 am

That my first initial response, you should be smart enough to look back and see my reasonings as to why I was convinced later on.

Unless of course you're encouraging me to believe you're no longer to be considered the cop, then you'd pretty much be the most scummy and worthy of my vote. To be honest, the fact that I still think you're a cop is pretty much your soul saving grace at this point.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #31) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:31 pm

TheButtonmen wrote:Can we stop trying to figure out who the cop is?

@Zhero
; What do you think of the spate between TQO, Jack and SIR_Cynaide?
The Quintastic One wrote:And B) If Jack is lynched and he IS the town cop, that's 3 games in a row I've been in where the town cop was lynched on day 1. lol. I don't think I could live down that shame.
Don't lie or exagerate, a common rule used on this site is Lynch all Liars, only in one of your previous games did you lynch a cop D1, the fact that you overexagerated it to that degree makes it look like an appeal to emotion.
Actually I played a South Park Mafia over on a site called Roughkut where we lynched Officer Barbardy on day 1. I don't keep a record of all my previously played games so unless you check out all the sites I play mafia on, you can't possibly get an accurate meta read on me. So combined with my one game on here, and the one game on there, if we lyncehd the town cop on this game that would be 3 in a row. So no lying here.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #32) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Zhero wrote:
TheButtonmen wrote: @Zhero; What do you think of the spate between TQO, Jack and SIR_Cynaide?
I'm getting a pretty town-vs.-town read on Jack and Sir C.. I think I understand where both of them are coming from and I'm not seeing any big tells either way.

TQO, on the other hand, is looking a bit shifty. His suspicion of Jack is unexplained and his PR claim in 164 is kind of out of nowhere. Your note of his exaggeration is also interesting.
Unvote. Vote: The Quintastic One

TQO: what's your experience with Mafia?
My experience so far (without going into too many details of currently ongoing games) two newbie games on here (both ongoing, one I replaced out of) this game (ongoing) one finished game on Roughkut, and another ongoing game on Roughkut.

So basically, only one game is officially finished and that's on a completely different website. So I or anyone else shouldn't even be using any current game on this site as meta for or against me.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #33) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:43 pm

SIR CYANIDE wrote:Not much I can add to the discussion atm, but @TQO: please watch out with what you post regarding roles and abilities.
But I can hint at my role if I feel I may be in danger of getting lynched right? I just can't directly say what I am.

I just need to clarify that rule so that in case anybodies still interested in that point, I can at least hint at my role and hope that you guys who are more experienced will understand what I am and hopefully unvote. lol.

I only say that this early because I'm not sure how to counter point my suspicions. I've said I was town, I gave my reasons as to why I'm obvtown, and every post I've made has made sense to me in MY mind without sounding scummy to ME. So I can't help it if people are going to misconstrue my posts to the point where they think I'm scummy despite me 100% assuring you, I am town.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #34) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:32 am

TheButtonmen wrote:
Okay, if you are town you just basically made yourself a NK target by saying you have a power role, good job.
I wouldn't count my ability as a power role per se. It's an ability, but not incredible. But that's irrelevent. I'd be MORE than happy to paint myself as the Nightkill target in order to give the Cop time to investigate.

I don't care how I get confirmed townie status, whether through investigation or an unfortunate night kill. Point would be that I would be confirmed townie and everyone who was suspicious of me can have a closer eye looked at them for still lingering on a confirmed townies scumminess rather than actually scumhunt.

You can choose to believe me or not, skepticism is the name of the game. But if you still believe me to be scum and I'd love be able to say "I told you so" at the end of the game.

As for The Button Man, there wasn't A DIRECT claim, but it was borderline roleclaiming by Jack. Which I still believe to be 70% true, so I'm counting it as a roleclaim until proven otherwise.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #35) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:47 am

Crap! I just had a big ol' post strung together with a vote attached to it, but for some reason I got this "fatal error" screen and all my argument just disappeared. Fuck. It's a scum ploy!

I guess I'll try to paraphrase it, because I don't feel like typing all that up again.

I like Agars renewing of the town discussing regarding Jacks possible claim. I felt alone as the newbie amongst a sea of more experienced players who were trying to squash the discussion so I like how at least SOMEONE agrees with me that Jack could be the cop.

I agree with the suspicions of TheButtonMen & Strangercoug, since they both seem pretty scared of the possibility that we've already confirmed the cop and one townie. Notice I said possibility, not guaranteed.

But either way, I would vote for TBM, but I feel like StrangerCoug has been more active trying to stiffle the town discussion regarding Jacks claim. Sooo

Vote: Strangercoug
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #36) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:38 am

did you have a vote on somebody else before you unvoted? Because if you didn't then unvoting isn't necessary for your first vote of each day.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #37) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:06 pm

I don't think you really believe I'm scum. It would pretty much be ridiculous at this point. I've willingly offered myself for investigations AND in your words painted myself for a nightkill target by hinting that I have a power role that's not that powerful.

So at this point I think you're scum trying to lynch me so that you don't have to worry about choosing between the cop and the innocent townie. Call it an OMGUS vote all you want, but I am officially convinced you're scum.

Unvote, Vote: TheButtonmen
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #38) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:10 pm

EBWOP: Choosing between the cop and the innocent townie for a nightkill.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #39) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:04 pm

Well before Agar pointed out Cougs and Buttonmens behavior, you were most scummy to me because all you've been doing is arguing game semantics with Coug and Cyanide over your guess of what the game set up could be. Then whenever anyone tried to assume that you guessing the game set up was scummy, you just kept replying to everyone that they are not reading the thread carefully enough.

But now that Coug & Buttonmen are pushing for my lynch so hard at this point because they are blind to truth, I'm pretty sure I've found our scum.

I only point out that I'm town in every post because you (Coug & Button) refuse to accept the fact that I am. I don't know how many more hints I have to drop for you. And I know nobody in this game is that naive so you're obviously scum in my eyes since despite all evidence to the contrary, you still want to push my lynch so that you have one less obvious night kill option to worry about.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #40) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:25 pm

StrangerCoug wrote:
The Quintastic One wrote:But now that Coug & Buttonmen are pushing for my lynch so hard at this point because they are blind to truth, I'm pretty sure I've found our scum.
Could you show us where we are blind to truth? This reads as textbook OMGUS.

Mod: May already be out of V/LA—I'll confirm tomorrow to make sure I'm still not on this time bomb.

I've already shown you. It's not my fault you're ignoring it. And I'm not going to keep repeating myself. But for refeerence purposes I am posting it one more time. And if you still refuse to believe it, that's your problem, and I will be laughing my ass off at the end game when I get to tell everyone "I told you so" when I flip town.

1) I volunteered for investigation. I don't care if Jack is the cop or not, whoever it may be can feel free to investigate me and clear me as town.

2) I hinted at my role as a townie. And I will continue to give you yet another clue since you seem incapable of grasping it. I can PM one person at night (they know who they are), but my role states I do not know if they are scum or not.

3) I have stated that I am perfectly ok with getting Nightkilled in order to save the cop or doctor for a turn. Yeah, scum TOTALLY declare themselves as sacrificial lambs all the time to help the town, right? Stop being so closed minded and foolish.

4) And I've stated my argument that those who are voting for me are scum trying to lynch an innocent townie so that they can reduce their choices on who to nightkill, the townie or the suspected cop. I'm going to say that again, make it nice and big and bold it so that the rest of the town can understand this loud and clear.

Those who are trying to lynch me are scum who want to eliminate an innocent townie so that they don't have to worry about choosing between the confirmed townie & the suspected cop for a nightkill.

If you still don't get this logic, you're either A) Hopelessly paranoid or B) Scum.

So I highly urge a lynch of either Strangercoug or Thebuttonmen. I don't care which one, they're both obvscum since they are ignoring logic and just pushing a lynch to get rid of obvtown.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #41) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:47 am

Zhero wrote:Why specifically them and not ConfidAnon and I? Both of us also had votes on you when you said this.

Because unlike what Strangercoug and TheButtonMen would have you believe, I am NOT targeting everyone who is voting for me and calling them all scum. That's statistically impossible. I can deal with you (Zhero) and Confidanon voting for me for thinking I am scummy. It's Cougs & TBM's false logic & super push for my lynch that's scummy.

There's a difference between your legit scumhunting, and their twisting of my argument to continue to favor their agenda.

It's like Jack said, I believe TBM is becoming frustrated because he's not being successful at lynching the easy target (me).

And I would be able to do an actual reread of this thread and do some actual scumhunting for once if I wasn't so damn busy trying to deflect suspicions of me. While people believe me to be scum, it would be damn near impossible for my arguments to hold any ground whatsoever because it would be viewed as just "scum trying to redirect suspicions to somebody else". I'd rather focus my attention on proving my innocence, so that I could be free to scumhunt without worrying about my arguments being manipulated by the scum and taken out of context.

But I think from defending myself in the first place, that I've already found our scum. Coug & TBM all the way.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #42) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:23 pm

I've already pointed out that it's beyond irritating at this point that Jack, Agar and Myself have all pretty much presented our cases over and over and over again and yet each day TBM or Strangercoug asks one of us to elaborate our reasons, yet again.

At this point it's blatant stalling. Since they can't convince the town into a majority lynch so they're just going to keep posting the same questions and getting the same answers until somebody wises up and sees the pattern and gets rid of them.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #43) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:42 pm

StrangerCoug wrote:
The Quintastic One wrote:I've already pointed out that it's beyond irritating at this point that Jack, Agar and Myself have all pretty much presented our cases over and over and over again and yet each day TBM or Strangercoug asks one of us to elaborate our reasons, yet again.

At this point it's blatant stalling. Since they can't convince the town into a majority lynch so they're just going to keep posting the same questions and getting the same answers until somebody wises up and sees the pattern and gets rid of them.
Are we pushing for your lynch, or are we stalling the game? It's kind of hard to be doing both without a deadline as, in theory, anybody's lynch is viable at this point. Yours, mine, Jack's, you name him (or her—I"d like not to be sexist). I'm not above quoting every single post by you that I find scummy if that's what I have to do to get the game moving.

I do agree that Zang is getting a bit worrisome, but I'd have to do a quick check on him just to double check.
The rules in the beginning of the first page said there was a 3 week deadline, so I have no idea where you get there is no deadline. And you're stalling the game because you're "getting the game moving" but your only posting fluff.

I mean, look at this post I just quoted from you. What did you accomplish here? What was the point? What activity did it continue to generate beyond "I agree with the active posters that Zang is getting worrisome".

You didn't offer your own conclusions you just said "I'll get back to this later" because you probably need to find time to twist some of Zang's posts around and move onto the next big target that's coming around. It's like you've gone "Well, I couldn't get a lynch out of Jack, I couldn't get a lynch out of TQO, I guess we'll go after Zang now until we get something to stick". You just keep on migrating to the next easy target hoping that something will stick, well I won't be following this one. I've got my vote and unless something drastic happens, it's not changing.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #44) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:32 pm

You're not going to understand what he's saying because he's just posting more scum fluff. You should totally vote for Thebuttonman and help the rest of the town lynch some scum. *thumbs up*
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #45) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Vivi57 wrote:It looks like zang and TQO have accused half the people in the game of being mafia. I'm definitely having doubts about both of them because both look like they're just trying to get anyone they can lynched. For now, I'm going to go with TQO because he's much more aggressive than zang and that seems like he'd be able to do alot more harm if we let him get away with it.

unvote; vote TQO
This logic applies more to my top two suspects, as I outlined in my last post. They went from Jack, to Me, to now Zang. But even if it didn't isn't the POINT of Day 1 to accuse as many people of their scumminess as possible and see who cracks? We've got nothing to go off of for Day 1, and obviously claiming Cop or in my case, claiming Mason only makes people look even more scummy. So I can understand your vote, but still, I'm no more guilty of throwing around fingers of suspicion than anybody else in this game. But if you were reading properly, you'd know that I've narrowed down my choices to two people, and I'm hardly saying everyone else is scummy. I've got my suspects.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #46) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:07 am

I thought Masons collaborated via PM? My role doesn't directly say "Mason", it's actually a role I've never heard about in the Wiki. And it says that I can PM (insert person who's name I will not reveal here) during the night phase. But I do not know if he is scum or not.

So I looked up the Wiki and then at the Flash video. And after looking under Mafia Mason, it says sometimes the Mods make it so that the Mafia Masons partner is told "You do not know if they are scum or not" in order to get around the unethicalness of having Mafia be apart of the Mason group.

But my role says that I can PM this person, it doesn't say that we get a quick topic, I didn't know Masons got a quick topic because in Newbie Queue you never get to try out the Mason role. You're either Goon, Roleblocker, Vanilla, Cop or Doc.

So sue me for not knowing that Masons get their own quick topic, jackass. I'm calling it a Mason variation because I've never heard of this role before and it's strictly involved in PMing (insert player name here).

You are scum, and I'm completely convinced you're scum at this point. Since you've been twisting my posts around to fit your agenda for DAYS now. Most town members are beginning to see that I am newbtown. But you're still stuck on me because you're not willing to let go of the easy target. So get yourself lynched already so your scum buddy Strangercoug can Night Kill me for outing you both as scum.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #47) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:13 am

And just to elaborate, before the scum come in here and try to twist around my above post again. I said:

I can PM (insert player here) but I do not know if they are scum or not. My role is not anything I've ever seen in the Wiki BUT it parrallels with what Mafia Masons say that the TOWN Masons are told that they don't know if the other Masons are scum or not. So I assume that clause is being used for this specific town role that I've never heard about. I put two and two together.

So don't try to feed the town more bullshit by trying to twist that around running like you're a chicken with it's head cut off saying "He claimed Mafia Mason!". I didn't, and I am not. I was simply using that as an example of what my ability states, and assumed that meant I was a Mason variation.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #48) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:10 pm

How did you know about the Town Neighbor role? That's not in the Flash, but that's my role.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #49) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:12 pm

Gootcha. But yeah, I wasn't saying townie with connotations of meaning Vanilla Townie. I obviously can't quote the PM from the Mod as per the rules, but yeah, I'm a Town Neighbor.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #50) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:16 pm

Oh, and I don't hate TBM. After this game is over I just move on and go to the next Mafia game. I believe him to be scum, and he's doing his job as scum, but that doesn't mean I have to hate him.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #51) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:21 pm

TheButtonmen wrote:TQO Changing his story / claim when pressured, I'm a fan of the lynch all liars plan.
I actually see what the rest of the town is saying at this point. Thinking that you and I are just a distraction. All you do is post pointless posts saying I'm a liar when I have no lied once this game. And all I do is say your scum and that everyone should vote for you.

So after I get some sleep, I'm gonna go ahead and reread the thread. I'm gonna particularly focus on those who I have called scummy, and see if I can't either A) solidify my beliefs or B) discover new evidence that points towards someone else.

But know this, I am not a liar. And by the end of this game, whether I get lynched, night killed or if I somehow miraculously survive, you're going to have ALOT of egg on your face for calling me a liar.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #52) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:34 pm

Ok guys, I’m reading through the thread now. I will be posting my thoughts as I read through, so if it sounds like I’m just narrating to you I apologize. I will try to string this together into a coherent argument, but I don’t know what else I can do beyond looking towards the past to try and develop a link to scum in the present. I’ve tried to make it easier by bolding my important thoughts through the read through.

Jack Does His Soft Cop Claim:
Zang agrees to be investigated
Confidanon agrees to be investigated
Paltryexcuse doesn’t like all the role talk

Jack Asks Why We Want To Be Investigated:
TheButtonmen argues that the cop investigating the town isn’t a waste at all.
Strangercoug says I’m rolefishing and votes for me.
Jack Counters TBM by elaborating on why it’s not good for townies to volunteer investigation.

So far this makes me wonder why Jack posted his gambit in the first place. Does he suspect that everyone who answered yes are scum trying to prove themselves or did he think that he would get a bunch of confirmed townie options? He never elaborates on this, but continues to debate semantics over his soft claim.

PaltryExcuse continues to pressure myself and Jack and others to stop talking about roles. I don’t see what the harm in it was, but the fact that he vehemently wants roletalk to stop makes it seem like he’s trying to stop valuable conversation.

TheButtonmen agrees with PE that we shouldn’t be discussing roles.
Jack votes for Sir Cyanide and claims that he made a few big posts rehashing old material. But honestly I didn’t see Cyanide posting big posts with old material, if anything he was arguing with me over stupid stuff. Jack baits me to vote for Sir Cyanide and I take it. Although I didn’t think that through at all.

More pointless bantering between me, Jack and Cy.

Jack posts what he believes to be the open set up of the game:
Zang doesn’t understand why he thinks that’s the set up.
Cruelty says he will be VLA for awhile, but he does have things he wants to say.
Confidanon points out the fallacy of Jacks logic for the investigation question earlier explaining that Jack said either A) They say yes and it’s a waste B) They say no and they have something to hide or C) They are ignoring the question. I’m starting to see why people found Jack so scummy.
Jack rebuttals Zang by just saying he didn’t read carefully enough.

PaltryExcuse continues to rebuttal me saying that the roletalk is suspicious, but he doesn’t elaborate as to why he finds it suspicious.
Zang declares that he has two or three suspects, but doesn’t elaborate as to who until later. Which he says are me, but his main two suspects are Jack & Cy.
Zang says he believes Jack is scum, but he doesn’t want to risk lynching the cop, so he votes for Cy. Which is it? Lol.
TheButtonmen posts a one liner on how he finds me scummy, but doesn’t elaborate further.
He then later says that I’m not scummy, just super new, and takes the stance that I need to “stop role talking now”
Zang randomly mentions we might have another killing role.
Jack says his top suspects are the people who replied to his first question.
TheButtonMen says Jack should vote and ISO me. Yet he believed I was just super new moments before?

Strangercoug asks me why I’m still thinking Jack is the cop, because I am painting him as a nightkill target. My question to Strangercoug at this point should have been “Which do you think it is? Is Jack scummy and worthy of a lynch or is he the cop being painted for a nightkill?”
Jack continues to tell Zhero this time he hasn’t read the thread carefully, which isn’t helping at all and now that I am rereading it is kind of annoying me.

Sir Cyanide posts a huge post explaining his confrontation with me and then his reasoning why he then votes for Jack. At this point, with Jack being very little actual help to the town, I should of agreed with this.
ConfidAnon elaborates that his vote on Jack was actually a gut reaction, instead of being because of Jack posting a trap question.
He then in the same post unvotes Jack and then votes for me because “I seemed too helpful and overly concerned with people who suspect me”
Zang points out that ConfidAnon said his vote on Jack stays but he quickly switched to voting for me.

Sir Cyanide & Jack continue to argue semantics over Cy’s explanation of his point to me earlier in the game.
Cy makes a good point though that Jack willingly let the argument between me and Cy go on and even baited me and took advantage of the argument to get me to vote for Cy.
PaltryExcuse says that he believes Jack was giving us a chance to explain ourselves first. I disagree with this, it was useless insults and banter. And it took Strangercoug to come in and tell us to stop bitching for it to stop.

We’re halfway through the thread, and Jack seems super scummy to me at this point. I don’t know why I didn’t catch this before. ConfidAnon is also suspicious because he flip flops his reasons for his votes and who he’s voting for early and often. And TheButtonMen contradicted himself saying he thought I was just super new instead of scummy, but he wants Jack to vote and ISO me. So those three are looking the scummiest so far, Strangercoug and Sir Cyanide are actually having reasonable town reads from me at this point.

Zang votes for Jack and says he always thought Jack was scum. Which when you look at my notes above, is true. He says he thinks Jack is scum but doesn’t want to lynch the town cop. So far, I agree. Jack is the scummiest right now and his soul saving grace is the fact that he soft claimed Cop.

Jack continues to tell Strangercoug this time that he wasn’t reading the thread carefully enough. If this is really his only defense then he should have been lynched a long time ago.
I think Strangercoug was onto something when he said Jack was panicking scum.
PaltryExcuse sounds shocked when I finally call Jack scummy.
TheButtonMen chimes in again telling people to stop trying to figure out who the cop is, and calls me a liar for the first time. But otherwise is not help to the scum hunting.

Agar shows up and posts his reasons why he thinks that we should continue discussion on who the cop is. From my reread I don’t agree at this point that Strangercoug looks scummy. He just got caught up in the same semantics arguments with Jack that Sir Cyanide did during the first half of the thread. But I do agree that all TBM has done all game is say “stop roletalking” and then he continues to lurk.

Vivi jumps in and says that all Cy is doing is arguing, and votes for him.
Strangercoug abandons the case on Jack and then switches to me.
TheButtonMen claims I refuse to scumhunt yet he hasn’t posted a single useful post in the entire game that doesn’t consist of “stop rolefishing”. Pot, I would like you to meet Kettle.
Jack says he believes me. So does Zang.
ConfidAnon comes in and says I’m noob town and unvotes me.
Jack then votes for TheButtonMen while Sir Cyanide starts having renewed suspicions of me. In the mean time, Zhero starts to lean that I may be noob town as well.

TBM asks Agar if he’s going to post any content anytime soon. He’s posted plenty, but TBM has been utterly useless all game.
ConfidAnon votes for Zang due to flip flopping. Oh, the Irony.
PaltryExcuse also says Zangs actions have been bothering him and votes for Zang as well.
Jack also says Zang is looking bad. The wagon is building steam.
Strangercoug solidifies his vote on me and Cyanide also joins in.
PaltryExcuse continues to ask Zang at least three times in a row why he believes me, and it doesn’t seem to matter how many times Zang answers the question, PE just continues to ask the same question.

TBM says Zang is scummy.
Jack says the only reason he can think Zang is scummy is if he thinks I am innocent, but I don’t follow the logic. Even if it IS in my defense. Lol.
Vivi comes back in and unvotes for Cy in favor of voting for me due to accusing half the people in this thread of scumminess.
TBM says I am lying twice in a row, but otherwise doesn’t post any arguments. Instead he just twists my posts around to make it seem like I’m lying.
Jack tries to build pressure for a TBM vote, if I believe Jack to be scum at this point, I would say he’s trying to bus TBM. But that doesn’t make much sense either because it’s far too early for bussing.
Zang says he believes TBM to be scum but doesn’t want to vote for him yet. He did this same thing with Jack before eventually voting for him too. Lol.

So we’re almost done with the read through, and I still feel Jacks early play to be scummy. And anyone who directly scumhunts against him he’s able to talk a good game to get himself out of it as per the Cy and Coug situations. So even if Jack is scum in my mind, it’s gonna be hard to convince anyone else that he’s scum. TheButtonMen however still screams scum to me, even on the read through. As all he’s done is tunnel on me and post one line nothings and if he’s not lurking, he’s contributing nothing to the conversation. ConfidAnons real suspicious with his flip flopping and then accusing other people of the same thing. And even though they are voting for me I feel better about town reads for Strangercoug and Cyanide.

Cruelty comes into the thread and says Agar is capable as Mafia, and says that I am irritatingly pointing to town. And that Zang is horribly inconsistent. Yet none of these reasons are enough for him to place down a vote. But instead asks for other people to direct him towards situations that he should look into. I feel this is foolish, because he shouldn’t need other people to point him in any direction. If he has truly read through the entire thread like I just have, he would have MORE than enough material to vote for somebody.

TheButtonMen presses for Cruelty to look into my playstyle and still calls me a liar.
PaltryExcuse says it’s crazy to loom into one single event, and I actually agree.
Zhero says that he should look into the Jack cop investigation thing. Although I don’t think he should have been directed at all if he truly read the thread, I agree with this. I would like confirmation from someone else who might believe that after a second read through that Jack seems as scummy as I think he does.
Strangercoug unvotes me and votes Sir Cyanide. This makes me a happy panda because after this read through I trust Coug to be more town than most. But I don’t think Cy is the best lynch. He’s just a town bully.

So to finish up this super large wall of post, I’d say throughout the entire thread my top 3 suspects (in order of scumminess) are:

1) TheButtonMen, for generally lurking, being completely unhelpful and tunneling on me despite a majority of the town agreeing I’m just new to the game.
2) Jack, for his cop claim and his actions later on. I agree with Cougs early suspicion that once pressure was put on Jack he became panicked scum and did everything he could to logically talk his way out of it. Which he succeeded in doing. So he’s not just scum. He’s effective scum.
3) ConfidAnon. For being hypocritical with his flip flopping of his votes & reasons and then pointing out the same activity out of other people. I don’t like double standards, and Anon has done very little in actual scumhunting.

Honorable mentions go to the new guy, Cruelty. For what I believe to be not really reading the thread, and then trying to get other people to direct him to the most suspicious cases so he can jump on what he perceives to be the best bandwagon to jump on. Also, earlier in the game he said he DID have stuff to say before he went on VLA, but now suddenly he has nothing to go off of for a vote and wants us to guide him to his own conclusions? This seems super scummy to me, but not as scummy as my top 3 choices.

So my vote for TBM at the moment still stands.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #53) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:11 pm

cruelty wrote: @TQO: Why is it so imperative that I cast a vote?

I'm not entirely sure that you achieved this goal.

Hey at least I tried. I'm sorry for having it be so long but I wanted to try and make up for the lack of scumhunting I've done throughout day 1. Whether or not it was effective or whether anyone listens to my words or bothers to count any of my scumhunting as legit or effective is irrelevent. The point is I tried.

I already painted myself as incompetent enough that my huge wall of text isn't going to convince anybody of my innocence or of my suspicions, but the point is I tried as best as I could to do so.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #54) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:15 pm

And I wouldn't say it is imperative that you cast a vote. But the fact that you claim to read through the entire thread and yet have zero suspicions on who you believe to be scum, I'm calling bogus. I read through the entire thread and pointed out certain scummy behavior of ConfidAnon, PaltryExcuse, Jack, Zang, TheButtonMen & even a little bit of Vivi.

So rather I swing the question back to you, are you REALLY trying to tell me that after 13 pages of discussion you can't find ONE person worthy of your vote?
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #55) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:20 pm

Zang wrote:TQO-your overview is informative but I do not see what the point of it was. Could you explain this? Was it really just to show your thoughts of what's been going on while rereading? If so why bother posting it (because it did just sound like a narrative of what's been happening throught the game)?
Basically I tried to wrap it all up with my 3 top suspects due to the reread of the thread as well as the honorable mention of Cruelty. So basically the entire reread of the thread was based off of trying to solidify my suspicions and bring back to the table certain arguments that were dropped too soon or at least bring back scummy behavior of certain players.

So the point was to try and redeem myself with at least a good attempt at scumhunting. But I'm sure TBM and others will come into the thread and claim that all that effort means nothing and that I'm still lying scum. It's whatever at this point. I tried my best to redeem myself and if it doesn't work, then there's nothing more I can do.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #56) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:53 pm

I already answered your question. lol. But to elaborate again most of this entire game I've been concentrated solely on defending myself and saying I'm "obvtown" but I haven't actually been actively analyzing peoples posts for scumminess. That post above is my attempt at scum hunting to make up for all the scumhunting I haven't done this game so far.

I think I'm onto at least one of my 4 suspects being scum. Either that or the real scum are playing so fantastically good that I wouldn't be able to spot them even if I had years of Mafia experience.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #57) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:27 pm

@TQO: About not liking the role-talk. I think one of the main reasons I didn't like it is that I thought it could lead to potential power roles slipping up and revealing themselves too early. Or at least give mafia a good idea of where to start. So, your continuation of the talk seemed unnecessary and just like you were prodding for that information at the time. Is this what you meant by scummy behaviour?
What I meant by scummy behavior was that you were telling us to stop roletalking but you weren't properly elaborating as to why you wanted the roletalking to stop. TheButtonMen is also guilty of this. But at least you only did it a couple of times. For the most part after that incident you've been below the radar from my read through since you haven't done anything particularly scummy, but you've been doing at least more scumhunting than most. If I had to still have some sort of gut feeling about you, it would be overshadowed by the fact that I would sooner by going after TheButtonMen, Jack, ConfidAnon or even Cruelty before I considered you again. There simply can't be that much scum.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #58) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:11 pm

I don't like the idea of wanting to lynch Vivi based on being useless, as I'm still in that boat of uselessness trying to fight my way out of it. So I would feel hypocritical if I agreed to that. I do agree though that Vivi's play has been very fishy in terms of unvoting and voting at the drop of a hat.

And to Fat Tony, even if I'm dead by night, as long as we lynch scum this day then I wouldn't feel as if my efforts were entirely useless. Which brings me to my point, TBM is scum, let's lynch him first and consider if Vivi is worthy of a lynch on day 2. ^_^
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #59) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:31 am

I don't think anyone's ever said that TBM was insta-Mafia just because he went after my lynch. Agar and I as well as a few others have already stated the logical and honest reasons why we want a TBM lynch. If you choose to ignore that then that's your choice, but it doesn't make any of our votes more ridiculous.

And I'm still not convinced you yourself are scum, but you defending TBM with weak logic just zeros in more suspicion that you might be panicked scum who doesn't want to have to go through the game by himself. lol.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (isolation #60) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:01 pm

TBM: You're only case on me is that you think I have changed my story and that I am lying. And yet you have zero evidence that supports this beyond twisting around my words that I've already posted and taking everything I say out of context to read "scum" to you. You haven't once thought through this game with a clear head, because your so focused on your suspicion that I am scum that even with ZERO support in terms of evidence or town backing, you still assert that I am scum.

And you're STILL using your circular logic, even to this day. Which is incredibly annoying.

TBM: You're lying.

TQO: No I'm not.

TBM: But you lied about your roleclaim.

TQO: No I didn't you misinterpreted it.

TBM: That's a lie. Liar.

TQO: Is that all you got?

TBM: Are you gonna keep on lying?

TQO: Can we lynch this guy already?

You Guys: Sure thing TQO!

At least, that would be ideal at this point.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #61) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:37 pm

1) I have never seen "Neighbor" as a role that you can be. And I did check the Wiki. Maybe I didn't check hard enough, but I still checked it. You're just assuming I'm lying and you refuse to accept facts.

2) I CAN message someone who's role I do not know.

3) I said Mason initially because I wasn't sure if anybody knew what a Town Neighbor was and when I looked under "Mafia Mason" it had the similar clause that my Town Neighbor PM has that says "You do not know if your partner is scum or not", hence why I was surprised when Strangercoug nailed my claim on the head.

I am not lying, and you continually saying I am lying in every single post you make is just as annoying if not moreso than me saying "I am town I am town I am town" every post that I made.

Can we please lynch this guy? All he keeps saying over and over again is the same stupid shit that I've already explained to the point of exhaustion, and calls me a liar when I explain it. He's got nothing. He's not no argument, no logic. Nothing. All he's got is plugging his ears like a little child and goes "lalalalala joo are lying! lalalalala"

Someone please hammer him and put him out of his misery.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #62) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:39 pm

EBWOP:

I am not lying, and you continually saying I am lying in every single post you make is just as annoying if not moreso than me saying "I am town I am town I am town" every post that I made. So I'm done arguing with you about it. You are scum. And every post you say from now on that says I'm a liar I will just reply back and say "I am town". Then we can go around in circles all day long until the town kills one of us (preferably you, the scum)
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #63) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:58 pm

I went on the Wiki, from the Wiki I clicked on the Flash Video that has all the roles and stuff in crappy little stick figure graphics, and not once in that Video did I see the Town Neighbor role.

I play Mafia on another forum, and they have theme games all the time with some of the most bizarre roles imaginable. Such as a vanilla townie that has a 25% chance to survive night kills, or a Double Voting Mafia role. Or a Serial Killer with a Dayvig ability AND a vengeful townie ability upon being lynched. And all of these roles have different unique names that you wouldn't find on the Wiki.

So excuse me for assuming that things could be the same here, where Mods can make up roles however they see fit and nothing has to be clean cut dry and conventional. I assumed the Town Neighbor role didn't exist, went on the Wiki and didn't find it, so I went with the next best thing and called it a Mason Variation because I didn't know if anybody else would understand what a "Town Neighbor" was.

Am I seriously going to have to explain this to you for a third time or are you going to die in peace?
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #64) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:12 pm

A TQO & Cy scumteam only works if I'm confirmed scum. Because if I were to get lynched and come up town, then that pretty much throws away the entire argument that Cy was trying to bus me.

But it's a circular argument. Because if we're both scum, then my lynch coming up town would technically by your logic say that Cy must be scum. But if I were to be scum, then Cy would still be considered scum who bussed me. So either way this seems like a gambit to say that Sir Cyanide is scum no matter what happens. Which makes sense coming from you since your vote is on him. lol.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #65) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Maybe the mod can award me an emergency double voter ability in mid game so that we can lynch TBM already. ^_^. But Palty Excuse was saying he is waiting on Fat Tony's (insert acronym I don't understand here) before he drops the hammer. So blame Fat Tony. lol.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #66) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:17 pm

TheButtonmen wrote:
Zang Bold added by TBM wrote: -argues with Jack about cop investigating town
False, in fact I was the one who said confirmed town is good

-votes tqo with no reasoning
False, I voted him because of his reaction to pressure

-questions jacks setup
No crap I questioned his setup, he pulled a setup out of thin air in a closed match.

-accuses tqo of sounding scummy everytime he posts
Thats cause he does

-calls tqo "super new"
He is super new

-Says that tqo has flawed logic
His logic is flawed

-tells Jack to vote tqo
I'm noticing a trend here, thses aren't scum tells

-accuses tqo of exajerrating
It's not an exageration, he flat out lied

-criticizes tqo for claiming a power role
Why do you think TQO claimed when he did?

-says that everytime tqo is questioned he says how obvtown he Is
...Go read TQO's posts He does say that everytime.

-Says that tqo had bad logic (again)
This is a scum tell?

-questions tqo
OH NOES!?!!

-says that I am scum with logic that I do not understand
OMGUS?

-Calls tqo a liar
He did lie

-accuses tqo of changing his story
Hence me calling him a liar

-explains his logic for why he said I was scummy
Go OMGUS!

-admits that he was going for the easy lynch (tqo)
False

-once again he sais that tqo has changed his story and lied multiple times
Because he did
-criticizes Jack
Why so defensive of Jack?

-once again calls tqo a liar
Thats what I tend to call people who lie

-misspells my name
...Now thats just rediculous

-questions paltry
God forbid we question people!

-defends himself against paltry Y
our scum tells need work

-sais that cruelty hates day one
And here we have proof Zang didn't read the thread

he is obssesed with lynching tqo and is desserving of my vote so

vote:thebuttonmen

and I think that is hammer so goodbye
So glad to see I was right that Zang's scum.

No, I didn't lie. I am town. But you're lynched, and scum or not, I couldn't be happier. Have a nice day you stupid fucker.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #67) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Good riddance to TBM, sucks about PaltryExcuse though. He wasn't the most active out of us, but when he did post it had meaning to it and purpose.

If it makes anyone feel more comfortable about the TBM lynch, I have no problems offering myself as today's lynch. Yeah that means another mislynch, but I don't mind taking one for the team if it'll mean Day 3 is more productive in finding the real scum.

I still feel Jack was very suspicious from yesterday, and after the whole roletalking stopped about who's the cop and doc he was alot less active unless the pressure was on him.

So I'm going to place my vote on Jack for now and see what happens.

Vote: Jack
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #68) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:52 pm

StrangerCoug wrote: This is self-contradictory. TheButtonmen either was not scumhunting or accused The Quintastic One of being a liar changing his story. Both cannot be true.
Actually, both can be true and both are true. Calling someone a liar over and over and over again in every single post they make is not scum hunting. So yes, both are true.
I still like SIR CYANIDE as scum and The Quintastic One is back to his... playing badly (I can't think of a way to describe him that doesn't sound insulting to me), but damn, you're scummy.

Vote: Zang
At this point I don't care that I look scummy. I did everything I could within my power to prove my innocence on day 1 and was called every name under the sun for trying. I've been called a liar, stupid, moronic, idiotic, scummy, anti-town, newbish, ridiculous, pathetic & down syndrome for being openly town. TBM deserved to be lynched and I couldn't be happier that he's gone. I don't care that he turned up town, he deserved my vote and I don't regret his lynch.

Now onto today's events.

To Jack: Elaborate as to why Strangercoug is climbing up your list of scum. Did something happen that's caught your eye? Just saying your suspicions without reason isn't going to convince anybody.

To Zang: Since TBM turned up town, who do you believe to be suspicious going into Day 2? I ask you specifically because everyone else seems convinced your lynch worthy, so your perspective is key right now.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #69) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:04 pm

Well with Jack not answering my question yet as to why he finds Strangercoug scummy I don't have too much to go off of right now. My vote's going to remain on Jack until I get that explanation. Other than that, Sir Cyanide just reads as douchebag town to me, so I'm not returning to that "OMGUS" if that's what you wanna call it.

I'm done with being called Anti-Town for my actions, that's why I offered myself as a lynch. So even though everyone's going to jump on how anti-town it is no matter what I do, here's what I think of the players that are left.

Jack: Scum. He's far less active now than he was when he first started his soft cop claim. Probably because he finally got called out on it, did some spirited defense and the case was dropped. I don't think it should be dropped so easily.

Strangercoug: Tentative Town. I'm leaning town more because he's been one of the more active players and he was the only one who actively grilled Jack on his soft claim. But if Jack were to come up town I would have to strongly reconsider my read on Coug.

Agar: Town. Has been very careful not to post too much, but that's due to time constraints. I just wish his limited posting moved conversation along more than it has.

Cruelty: Initial scum read, but I'm feeling more confident about the possibility of being town.

Zang: Unique situation. I consider him town, which means that those who are heavily grilling him and pursuing his lynch instinctively go up a few notches in scumminess. I actually think the argument of "too scummy to be scum" applies more to Zang than myself. I think it's funny that everyone is grilling him for his hammer, when Paltryexcuse was going to hammer just as well if Fat Tony would of posted his ISO. I think Paltyexcuses nightkill last night is being used as a way to frame Zang, as it's SO obvious that a new guy like Zang would kill off PE in order to kill off one of his critics. Too obvious if you ask me. Zang reads town.

Fat_Tony: Scum. Never gave us that ISO on TBM yesterday like he said he would. Which was the only thing preventing Paltryexcuse from giving the hammer instead of Zang. I think Fat Tony is most likely scum alongside Jack as they seem smart enough to think of a plot like that against Zang. Yeah it's WIFOM, fuck off. I'm using it.

If I'm missing anyone let me know.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (isolation #70) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:37 pm

To finish up the list of suspects.

Sir Cyanide: As I said, I read him as douchebag town more than scum. There's no way any rationally thinking scum player would openly be a dick and risk being turned on by the town just by his offensive behavior.

Zhero: I hate to say this, but nothing he's done particularly sticks out to me. I know he's been active enough, and done his fair share of posting. But I don't read much scum from him because most of his posts are overshadowed by more controversial looking posts from other people. So I'm gonna have a nullread right now. I should probably backtrack and read all of his posts thus far and get a better idea on where he stands in my mind.

Vivi: The argument of a TBM/Vivi scumteam is obviously out the window at this point. So with Vivi's random and passionate defense of TBM towards the end of Day 1, there's no way I could consider him scum right now. Scum wouldn't willingly fight desperately to protect the lynch of another player. They would be aiding in the lynching.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #71) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:59 pm

I don't even remember where you criticized my play, so I have no idea what you're talking about. But sure, if you wanna try to pass off my suspicions of you as OMGUS like everyone else says all my suspicions are that's fine. But that's not going to make you any less scummy in my eyes.

Your lazy assumption that my analysis of you is nothing more than OMGUS is duly noted.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #72) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:44 pm

Jack STILL hasn't elaborated for me as to why he finds Strangercoug climbing up his list of scum suspects. So I'll have to assume he's ignoring me.

Either way, why would Jack openly admit that killing off PaltryExcuse was a good choice for the Mafia? That sounds like a subtle patting on the back to me.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #73) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:09 pm

I'd say it's more the way he went about creating the discussion and continuing it. He had circular logic that basically went like this.

If you said you wanted to be investigated by the cop, then you're scum looking like you have something to prove.

If you said you didn't want to be investigated by the cop, then you had something to hide and were also obviously scum.

If you didn't answer the question at all, you were dodging the question and thus were acting scummy.

It was a lose-lose-lose situation. And if anyone tried to question Jack on it he would just post one liners of "You didn't read the thread carefully enough" and ignore the questions entirely afterward.

Now I find it convenient how he went from that being his ace in the hole playing strategy to find scum to how it's suddenly just "a bit of a joke to get some discussion started".

So if that one topic he brought up is to be taken as a joke, I don't see a single thing Jack has posted the entire game beyond that beginning conversation starter that's been any use. And even now that he's discrediting the usefullness of his own argument, he's basically got nothing in his favor to keep me from believing he's scum.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #74) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:14 am

The way I see it, if you honestly feel as if you are no longer invested in the game, have no interest to convince anybody of your suspicions, basically admitting that you don't care anymore. I would request that you replace out. We can get more information from an enthusiastic and active player than we can from someone who only posts when he feels like it, and even when he posts, it adds zero to the conversation.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #75) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:28 am

And just for the sake of argument, I'll go ahead and aim at Coug with my thoughts on him.

I actually have a gut feeling that you are scum. But for obvious reasons (no evidence to back it up, my own anti-towness making it hard enough as it is to take my opinion seriously, your inability to defend against a gut suspicion) I haven't been pursuing you. If anything pursuing lynches on a gut reaction with no real evidence gets you lynched (see TBM), so I don't currently have a case on you. But I believe my feeling may have something to do with your pursuing of the Zang lynch since I haven't seen anything to convince me beyond "He was the hammer".
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (isolation #76) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:25 am

I've noticed today that alot of people arn't posting much anymore. That's probably because we lost PaltryExcuse and he was pretty active at getting questions out there. But it seems like we just lynched TBM and the town gave up on trying to find more scum while the suspicions have given up trying to defend themselves. As everyone else already has their vote on who they want their vote on and nobody else is budging in their beliefs on who is scum.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #77) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:23 am

Only thing I can tell you Sir Cy is that of course nobody is going to know. Unless there was a cop investigation and they openly on Day 2 say who they found 100% innocent or scum then we've got no leads. If nobody sticks out as scummy after 21 pages of discussion then either the scum is playing a perfect game or the town is inept at finding scum. Either way, town is screwed if we can't think of something.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (isolation #78) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:56 am

You say that but there's not enough support on either of those wagons right now to get a lynch. lol. The way this game is stagnating I'm guessing we'll probably just end up stalling out til the deadline and the majority lynch (Zang right now) will happen whether the rest of us agree to it or not.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #79) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:41 pm

To Zang: Beyond Jack I have gut scum read on Strangercoug. Fat Tony is also really suspicious to me. Otherwise I don't know where I should look. Cruelty is just doing what everyone else is doing and shrugging off the claims against him and saying he doesn't know what to think about it. So I guess the main thing that's annoying me right now is that guys like Jack, Cruelty & Yourself can just coast through the arguments presented against you and shrug your shoulders as if you don't know what to think about it and they are getting away with it. In any other mafia game on here any one of you would of been lynched by now for your behavior. Whether I feel it's scummy or not in any circumstance, I feel like the town has given up this game after we lynched TBM and he wasn't scum. We were all so convinced he was guilty yet he wasn't, so I think the town has lost their will to push for anymore lynches. So at this point I'd rather the town lynch me and get the game moving already rather than sit here and act like we're all clueless pretending like we've really went through 21 pages and nobody can think of a target worthy of a majority vote.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (isolation #80) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:28 pm

SIR CYANIDE wrote:
mislynches are bad, why do you keep offering yourself for one?
Because he is stupid.
Fuck off. I'm done taking your stupid potshots. So go fuck yourself. You might not be scum this game, but you're scum in real life.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #81) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:00 am

SIR CYANIDE wrote:
Zang wrote:
You might not be scum this game, but you're scum in real life.
Wow

and sir c- I doubt he actually wanted to kill himself he probably just said it to prove a point
His 'point' proves nothing. He should replace out.

There was no point to offering myself as a mislynch. The purpose however was to get this game moving, because discussion has grinded to a complete halt in regards to actual scumhunting. You've gone back to your crappy town play of ad hominem and insulting my posts that are actually TRYING to find a solution to this stagnant Day 2, and when asked to post something of content you said "I'm not pushing for anything because I don't know who's scummy."

Well whoopdy fucking do. Unless your the cop you're not supposed to have 100% certainty of who's scum and who's not. That doesn't mean you just up and give up and call everyone else idiots for trying at least SOMETHING to bring activity to the game. You're just a pathetically insecure internet bully who plays a game like Mafia because it caters to bullheaded & abravise personalities like yourself and calls your style of play exemplory because they misconstrue bullying and stubborness as good scumhunting play because it's effective at getting a reaction out of people.

Well you've got a reaction out of me, because that's all you can do is toss mud and hope that the town doesn't lynch you for being a Grade A jackass to everyone around you.

I'm not martyring myself and I'm not giving up on this game, unlike the rest of the town who's given up trying to find scum because they have no suspects. THAT'S why I offered myself as a lynch, because if none of you can come to an agreement as to who you want to lynch, maybe lynching me and allowing the game to go to another nightphase we can get more information out of the night actions that happen there, and more discussion can be started.

I'm done derailing this game because of your faggotry. You're a piece of shit in real life but on this site you're still apart of this game so do some fucking scumhunting and play the game instead of wasting time throwing shit at your fellow players just because you want to portray an image of the ridiculously overrated "E-Badass".
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (isolation #82) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:02 pm

I think it was horribly obvious that Jazzmyn was scum. But for a different reason than Sir Cyanide just being scum in real life. (He's now officially on my personal Blacklist alongside other abrasive players like Rayfrost & Gayle).

When I was modkilled and Sir Cyanide was replaced, I knew he was scum. Because scum are protected by their mods alot more than town are, as killing even one scum in a game, especially a power role scum, is very dangerously unbalanced for the Mafia. So it was safe to modkill me for my behavior, but Mafia would have to be replaced in order to protect the scumteam from being screwed.

However, I never would of lynched Zhero in a thousand years, as I viewed him as Pro-Town. Vivi on the other hand, I would of eventually pushed for their lynch near the end game just because the lurking strategy becomes more apparent and Town should trim off their fat before Lylo so that there are no distracting players.

Overall I enjoyed this game (discounting the Sir Cyanide/TBM stuff). I enjoyed playing with StrangerCoug, Jack, Zhero & Zang. And I definitely enjoyed Wickedjester's modding. Plenty of timely vote counts, notifications and I support his decision to modkill me after Cy pushed me over the edge. Congrats to the Mafia on a game well played.

To TBM: And, as promised, since you said I was a liar all of Day 1, I TOLD YOU SO! My claim was right the entire time, so too bad, so sad, you were wrong. ^_^
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (isolation #83) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:28 am

SIR CYANIDE wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
Also, trying to get a player modkilled isn't really in the spirit of the game.
Sounds like gaming the system to me, which is perfectly ok. It was brutally effective.

Not really. You got an anti-town player modkilled. That only clears up space for the rest of the town eliminating any potentially newbscum suspects. And trying to get players modkilled by insulting them with ad hominem is directly against the rules of any Mods games, so I look forward to you being modkilled in many a game on here due to your arrogance and lack of respect for the game.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (isolation #84) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Well you can disagree with me, but the facts state for themselves. lol. Sir Cyanide WAS Mafia, and I instinctively knew that hew was Mafia due to the circumstances of the situation. Of course that's just using out of game WIFOM in regards to questioning the Mod's decision, so I'll drop that. But I get your point. You can't always just assume that just because a player gets forcibly replaced means that they are auto-mafia.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”