Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Slaxx »

raider8169 wrote:
kikuchiyo wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Mr. Suave

Time to move on...
The mod isnt going to be back for a while so now we are just going to be in twilight. I would have rather the hammer waited a tad longer so those that have not chimed in would do so before the day closed.
This, IMO.

Also, Green Canyons never came back with more info.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

You can't quote something and say "This, IMO." Its not your opinion. You're copying it.

Also, I thought you were out til Sunday? If you have time to check back and complain, then you have time to check back and contribute.

Complaining =/= contributing.

Green Crayons' empty promises are his problem. Not mine.
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

kikuchiyo wrote: Complaining =/= contributing.
But you're complaining as we speak.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
kikuchiyo wrote: Complaining =/= contributing.
But you're complaining as we speak.
No. I'm not. I was done discussing. I was done contributing. I hammered. Slaxx and Raider are complaining. Where have you been?
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Slaxx wrote:
Gerhard Krause wrote:You haven't even posted suspects. I mean it's not like you're just not explaining your suspicions or votes, you're
doing absolutely nothing.

I mean really, what could we have expected in the end game? You are not trying, you are not posting content, you haven't contributed, you haven't defended yourself, you haven't even tried not to get lynched!!

Someone drop it like its hot.

Green Canyons, your info will be just as good tomorrow as it is now. The only reason to delay a hammer is if the info is relevant to the lynchee, and may be influenced by him. This is not the case, so I don't see how waiting will add to it. We need to move into D2 so that the people on MrSuave's wagon can move on to something new, and will be able to act on your information.
True, but there's no reason to hammer now anyway. We might as well wait
because the mod is out till Friday.
If anyone has anything else to say though, I would probably say it before we go into night. I don't think I have anything additional to add right now but I'm up for more discussion. It never hurts.
Slaxx wrote:
*Out till Sunday
Talking about Mod.

I already said I didn't have much left to contribute, nor do any of us (hence the silence) but I wouldn't call my post complaining.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

kikuchiyo wrote: No. I'm not. I was done discussing. I was done contributing. I hammered. Slaxx and Raider are complaining. Where have you been?
Aren't you complaining about their lack of contribution?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Slaxx wrote:
I already said I didn't have much left to contribute, nor do any of us (hence the silence) but I wouldn't call my post complaining.
Then what were you trying to say by quoting Raider? It read to me like you would have had me wait longer to hammer. As far as I can tell we only had one(possibly empty) promise of incoming content. Theres still time to post. I don't see the problem.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

355: No. I thought they were complaining that they wanted me to wait on the hammer so that we could have more contribution. If they weren't going to contribute then I don't see why they would complain. And I was explaining that complaining=/= contribution. In other words: If you have something to say, say it. Don't complain that you didn't get the chance when you still, quite obviously, have the chance. Are you going to stop the lynch? Of course not. Was there any conceivable scenario where this lynch would have been stopped given Suaves lackluater contribution and vanilla claim? I think not. So speak if you have something to say, otherwise don't whine that you didn't get a chance when you had more than enough time to contribute.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by Slaxx »

kikuchiyo wrote:
Slaxx wrote:
Then what were you trying to say by quoting Raider? It read to me like you would have had me wait longer to hammer. As far as I can tell we only had one(possibly empty) promise of incoming content. Theres still time to post. I don't see the problem.
I was agreeing with him. With the deadline setback I didn't really see the need for a hammer. I just figured we had plenty of time to hammer, but once it was done it was a permanent thing. However you are correct in saying that the thread is dead. My opinion, though, is that the lynch is going to take place on Sunday hammer or no hammer because the mod is out so there's no reason to make a permanent decision. Otherwise I wouldn't have said anything.

On the flip side you did start conversation again.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Until the mod closes the thread, Green Crayons can still post his thoughts. I would still encourage him to do so, since you never know who will be the NK and it's nice to have more to ponder during night.

I have no problem with Kiku's hammer, but that doesn't mean I think he's town.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:48 am

Post by raider8169 »

kikuchiyo wrote:355: No. I thought they were complaining that they wanted me to wait on the hammer so that we could have more contribution. If they weren't going to contribute then I don't see why they would complain. And I was explaining that complaining=/= contribution. In other words: If you have something to say, say it. Don't complain that you didn't get the chance when you still, quite obviously, have the chance. Are you going to stop the lynch? Of course not. Was there any conceivable scenario where this lynch would have been stopped given Suaves lackluater contribution and vanilla claim? I think not. So speak if you have something to say, otherwise don't whine that you didn't get a chance when you had more than enough time to contribute.
My intent was not so much complaining about the hammer but more we are waiting for people to post and contribute. I made it out to be a bigger deal then it really is, there is nothing wrong with the hammer as the extra time was not the result of anything we did more the mod was just going to be away.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:50 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I found the scum vibe of kiku considerably less in my reread. I also don't think her hammer was out of line and find her post 351 something that looks like reasoning I would use if I were in her shoes.

I don't care much for Gerhard. He started off incredibly rocky, slipped below the radar for a while and then came back not too terribly much better than when he left.

Still happy with a Suave lynch.

raider still strikes me as scummy. Here's why:
RVS Shenanigans

·
My first issue is that in post 37 he then defends his right to play up the RVS for as long as he wants - even in light of a developing conversational flow. His use of a nonsensical talking point ("...if the RVS has officially ended wouldnt all the votes casted during the RVS be removed?") to defend his continued RVS activity and lack of actual contribution is weird. This question he poses clouds the emphasis behind the criticism against him and redirects the concerns lobbied. There was a strengthening conversational flow in the thread and he was being criticized for not only not participating in that conversation but also prolonging the most useless phase of the game. This question seems like an easy misdirection to throw out there so that people would lose focus of their criticism as they tackled this rather absurd hypothetical.

·
raider's subsequent explanation of his actions in post 40 doesn't sit too well with me either. He's framing his options as he could have either 1. told people that their conversation was stupid or 2. continued RVS. The fact that he's incorrectly framing his options as only one of these two paths is a suspicious excuse. "Well, golly - I just
had
to RVS! Otherwise I would have told those players that their conversation was stupid and that would have hurt their feelings!" That stinks.

·
To bookend this point, raider's post 304 takes a pot-shot at the legitimate criticism of his continued RVS, claiming that the criticism aimed at him on this point was because people didn't like him having fun and that they're just touchy about the RVS. Nothing finer than a defense that attacks the person and makes up the reason behind their criticism.

5cvm/Nacho False Dichotomy

·
There's raider's post 74, where he puts blind trust in 5cvm's claim that on it's face - and at this point that's all anyone had to go off of - is completely full of crap.

·
Furthermore, this is where he establishes the false dichotomy (either 5cvm or Nacho is scum) to back up his bad vote. kiko actually explains to raider in her post 79 as to one of the reasons why his false dichotomy is potentially flawed. raider's post 114 acknowledges that 5cvm may just be an asshat, but ultimately just lets that acknowledgment float away and reemphasizes his forced dichotomy (with bolding and everything!). raider's call at the end of his post 114 for someone to explain to him how his understanding may be flawed is especially cheeky considering he addresses how it may be flawed in the very first sentence of that post.

·
This lingers well into post 143, where raider wants people to explain something that he already has parroted and he even re-established his understanding of this debunking of his false dichotomy in post 135. In light of this, raider's false realization in post 145 rings especially hollow.

Role Fishing

·
Hacker made a nice catch about raider inquiring as to if there was any role-based reasons why 5cvm would focus on Nacho. raider uses post 135 for another misdirection: Even though he was specifically wanting to know role-related reasons as to why 5cvm targeted Nacho, raider now attempts to shift his inquiry on a player level. No matter how much he would like, raider can't retcon the fact that he asked Nacho if there were role-based reasons why he might have been targeted into it being that he was asking Nacho if there player-based reasons why he might have been targeted.

Miscellaneous

·
I still stand by my post 238. raider is a competent player. His crying foul on the large amount of text walls to excuse his activity doesn't ring true. This doesn't have to do so much with the whole "experience" conversation, but just more of how I feel about him as a player. It looks like he's attempting to pull off weak and flawed/easily misdirected townie. I don't think he's a weak or easily misdirected player. In my opinion, the persona he's attempting to use as a mask doesn't fit the player.

So, yeah. I'm happy with pursuing a raider vote tomorrow.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:50 am

Post by xvart »

I am fine was also fine with the hammer prior to Green Crayons posting; and now that he has, it is even less issue.

I am also happy with pressing Raider a little harder tomorrow, but we'll see after the NK.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:15 am

Post by raider8169 »

xvart wrote:I am fine was also fine with the hammer prior to Green Crayons posting; and now that he has, it is even less issue.

I am also happy with pressing Raider a little harder tomorrow, but we'll see after the NK.

xvart.
Why wait? If you have something to say please say it now. If you would like me to answer something there is no better time then the present.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by peanutman »

Raider-363 wrote:Why wait? If you have something to say please say it now. If you would like me to answer something there is no better time then the present.
Seems to me there are already things you could respond to. Starting with Green Crayon's 361 where he built a case on you based on earlier accusations as well as new stuff. I would like to see your answer to that. Especially with the mod gone until Sunday, we should have some time to discuss some of that right now.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by raider8169 »

peanutman wrote:
Raider-363 wrote:Why wait? If you have something to say please say it now. If you would like me to answer something there is no better time then the present.
Seems to me there are already things you could respond to. Starting with Green Crayon's 361 where he built a case on you based on earlier accusations as well as new stuff. I would like to see your answer to that. Especially with the mod gone until Sunday, we should have some time to discuss some of that right now.
There wasnt any questions just his opinions. But I will respond.

1. About the RVS. This is a non-serious part of the game to break the ice. I was having fun with it and it did humor me. Still does in that people just dont let it go and it though I forgot that day one lynches are based off of the littlest things so I am amazed I wasnt lynched of that alone. I guess that is what happens when I leave for 6 months and attempt to jump without reading a game or two to remind me how sensitive people are to certain things.

2. Faith is all I need to place my vote where I want or judge someone how I want to. Its part of the game and how I choose to play it. If this is lynchable then looks like I will be getting lynched in every game I play early on. My false dichotomy? Seriously? 5cvm made a claim and if he was wrong we could have lynched him the following day. It was win win but if 5cvm was being an ass then how the hell am I suppose to know that. Once it was pointed out I let it go. Sure it may have taken a bit but thats the way it goes sometimes. Dont like it? Tuff Also it could be that I posted stuff other people were thinking and thought it would be scummy to post regardless of if they were town or not.

3. 5cvm claimed that Nacho was scum, I wanted something to back that up so I was asking. I didnt think it was role fishing and still dont as my intent was just to find out how he got the information he did so we can figure out how trustworthy it is. Its not different for some player saying so and so is scum. Someone else asking why and the first person then claims cop or something. Nothing more I can say about this.

4. The persona I am using doesnt fit the player? Its almost like you know my meta from 6 months ago. Though if you did it properly you would also know that I have different playstyles depending on the type of game and the mood I am in when the game starts. I have fun with metas and it people that rely on metas to find scum get screwed and end up screwing the rest of the townies. This is by no means my first game and I do know what I am doing. I find this to be fun and how I want to play the game. If it gets my lynched then so be it. I tend to suck in endgame anyways.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:08 am

Post by peanutman »

@Raider
1. About the RVS. This is a non-serious part of the game to break the ice. I was having fun with it and it did humor me. Still does in that people just dont let it go and it though I forgot that day one lynches are based off of the littlest things so I am amazed I wasnt lynched of that alone. I guess that is what happens when I leave for 6 months and attempt to jump without reading a game or two to remind me how sensitive people are to certain things.
Green Crayon's pointed this out specifically. The fact that you reject the whole argument because people are sensitive is not addressing it at all. I'll repeat what he said.
· To bookend this point, raider's post 304 takes a pot-shot at the legitimate criticism of his continued RVS, claiming that the criticism aimed at him on this point was because people didn't like him having fun and that they're just touchy about the RVS.
Nothing finer than a defense that attacks the person and makes up the reason behind their criticism.
This is by no means my first game and I do know what I am doing. I find this to be fun and how I want to play the game.
So, are you consciously playing a confused and easily misguided townie? If not, could you tell us what you are doing?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:54 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

@Raider:
When you posted your ISO 15, had you read all of the game?

raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:02 am

Post by raider8169 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:@Raider:
When you posted your ISO 15, had you read all of the game?
When I posted it I was still only skimming posts, just for the record I am no longer skimming posts. That was only because I did not have time for anything else.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:07 am

Post by raider8169 »

peanutman wrote:So, are you consciously playing a confused and easily misguided townie? If not, could you tell us what you are doing?
Misguided no. I got annoyed at the argument that was going on and was sick of reading about it. While the conversation was happening there was no information coming out of it. It just seemed like a couple of people whining about nothing to me. I just decided to say it to change the conversation to something better. Which it did even if it is at my expense, but I am ok with that. Though scum would never intentionally draw attention to themselves like I did but this is WIFOM so it really doesnt mean anything.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by Budja »

Votecount7 - MrSuave: (Gerhard Krause, Nachomamma8, HackerHuck, wolframnhart, xvart, peanutman, kikuchiyo)
1 - Slaxx: (Green Crayons)
1 - Nachomamma8: (MrSuave)
Not Voting: Slaxx, raider8169, PHANTOM

With
alive it will take
to lynch.

Deadline:
17th January 10pm AEST.

Macavity Lock replaces PHANTOM.

...and thats a lynch.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:00 pm

Post by Budja »

As the hunt went on, Mr Suave sat at his desk, twiddling his thumbs and playing with his pens. "Look at that guy" came a shout, "He doesn't seem to care, he must be one of them!".
Later, when they saw his ID badge, everyone was very sorry.

MySuave,
Employee
, lynched day 1.

---

Night Deadline: 20th Jan 10pm AEST. (~3 days)
Last edited by Budja on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:30 am

Post by Budja »

Everyone was back the next day, well everyone but one.

HackerHuck,
Employee
, killed Night 1.

Day 2 begins.

Votecount
Not Voting: Green Crayons, xvart, Nachomamma8, kikuchiyo, raider8169, Gerhard Krause, peanutman, MacavityLock, wolframnhart, Slaxx

With
alive it will take
to lynch.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:03 am

Post by wolframnhart »

LIsten up MacavityLock, I want a catch up post of the game so far from you because you have replaced a pretty hardcore lurker and I would like to see some analysis please.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:33 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I am comfortable with
vote: Raider
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”