Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:31 am

Post by Jackabomb »

Yet you also missed the prod? What do you know? MR "forgot" about this game too. I wonder if that tells us anything?
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by angelmouse »

Guys i know i promised a psot, but reading my other game took up all my time tonight and brain is asleep so doubt i will do a post any justice. Let me re-read tomorrow morning at post on my lunch break.

So sorry. Don't want this game to fail.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by The Tracker »

@Emp: I didn't mean to treat MR differently, if that makes any sense. I honestly don't know how to explain it better.

@Jack: I'm not changing my play style to suit the whims of the majority. Every individual person plays the game differently, and everyone else should just accept it as long as participation needs are met. If they aren't, then there's a problem. Not if someone is being active and posting content.

And my comment on the opinions was just me saying ,"Well okay, you think that but I disagree." I never said that any discussion is null and void.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Tracker you need to start reading my
entire
post. I said "where this looks to be
going
."

I'm not changing my play style to suit the whims of the majority.
That doesn't give you leave to be rude and over-reactive(which is normally a function of attitude as far as rudeness).
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Cat:
Cat [74] wrote:Oops! I forgot to Watch topicfy this game!

Allow to me read through and then I will post, but please don't replace me!!!
You know, if you *did* that (read through and post)- instead of going back to playing Mishmash games- including signing up for and starting to play a new one games- including talking about how you're going to start up your own Mishmash game with all the time you apparently have that you aren't spending playing this game- then there might have been a chance of me believing that your lurking wasn't deliberate.

Budja:
I disagree.

MR has been in 3 completed games. That's 2 1/2 games more than he needs to know that this isn't acceptable protown behavior. This isn't a newbie game, MR's not a newbie. The "newbie excuse" doesn't give a player carte blanche to play antitown. And Cat's lurking is more suspicious than any post angelmouse has made. Because the main reason you haven't seen Cat making a wishy-washy post is because he's refused to post!

Lurking and playing poorly is more suspicious than being wishy-washy. Particularly when the lurkers/poor players are not making any attempt to change their antitown behavior. I still don't see myself voting today for angelmouse over MR or Cat.

Tracker:
Okay, but next time just say that to begin with!
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Jackabomb wrote:
Tracker you need to start reading my
entire
post. I said "where this looks to be
going
."

I'm not changing my play style to suit the whims of the majority.
That doesn't give you leave to be rude and over-reactive(which is normally a function of attitude as far as rudeness).
If I come off as rude I apologize. It's going to happen. I'm a combative person by nature. I get it. Water under the bridge, okay? Apologies all around. Now, let's get back to the game, shall we?

@Emp: Duly noted, and I see my mistake. I was being hardheaded. My fault.

Anyway, I agree with your summation about Cat. Even if you don't watch the topic, you should still remember you have a game. You should still have your role. There's no excuse to forget, which is why I'm not a fan of either Cat or MR right now. Angel needs to post more than she has been.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:10 am

Post by Jackabomb »

If cat or MR had a decent excuse, say "I was in the hospital after my house was bombed by a terrorist", things would be different. "I forgot", was a pathetic excuse for your homework, and it's not going to work any better here. Still, how interesting to note, that they both happened to "forget".

Cat
Cat
Townie
Cat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Cat »

I'm not going to lie, yesterday when I said I was going to read through and post, I was distracted and just gave up. Basically, It's a lot of nasty conversation over lurking, which I guess would've been helped had I posted.

But Jackabomb's comparison of Memorable Raindrops and I forgetting as a scumtell is stupid. What were we doing? Illegally talking to each other in the day? Try again, please.

I liked the earlier case of angelmouse's wishy-washy-ness. Another odd thing I found was that The Tracker was easily persuaded to unvote, which isn't something I find townishness.
Show
Meow.

[b]Officially the game-playing alt of skitzer.
skitzer is for modding and MishMash.
Khamisa is retired.[/b]
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Jackabomb »

But Jackabomb's comparison of Memorable Raindrops and I forgetting as a scumtell is stupid. What were we doing? Illegally talking to each other in the day? Try again, please.
If I called your forgetfulness a scumtell, it's news to me. I'll ask you not to jump to conclusions.

EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Cat:
The point (which is what Jack was saying) isn't "forgetting is a scumtell". It's "it's not believable that Cat forgot the game". Because players who aren't posting because they forgot about the game don't continue to not post after being reminded.

It's also not believable that you weren't able to read through a 3 page game. (Especially When 1 of those pages was basically random voting.)
Cat [82] wrote:<snip>
Another odd thing I found was that The Tracker was easily persuaded to unvote, which isn't something I find townishness.
Are you serious? In games I've been in, one of the most common causes of town victories has been when the town listens to one another!
On the other hand, one of the most common causes of mafia victories has been when the mafia plays the lurking game.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by angelmouse »

lynching a lurker is only beneficial if they continue to post nothing useful during the game at all. With fewer players in this set-up, it doesn't lend itself to lynching a suspect on D1 for simply lurking as it could land us on Lynch or lose on D2. Saying that you don't want a lurker on D2 either in that situation. Yes i have been quiet, but always given notice and will be more active from now on as return of my laptop gives better net access.

Cat will hopefully provide better content as well since he has remembered the game is running.
MR wrote: I meant that this is an early stage of the game; I can't really tell for sure who's scum.
Surely you something more to add than this. This early in the game nobody other than the scum can be sure. Not posting suspicions discussions and content is an anti-town thing to do. Please can you provide more?
budja wrote:Angel has dropped a scum-tell (you know the one) and hasn't been full of content either
i assume you mean this "wishy-washy" rubbish? All i wanted to do was get MR to post. Putting him on L-1 on page 2 to make him post is crazy pressure especially as he "forgo" and, if correct, never saw the initial votes. Scum (if he isn't one) could have hammered and we would be in night with little or no information for day 2 and potentially in lynch or lose unless a block happens. That's silly anti-town play.
jack wrote: Angelmouse suspects EmpTyger.
Not really so
Unvote

emp wrote:Budja:
Well, isn't this an ironic 180.
I really don't want to unvote MR right now, but you think angelmouse is the most suspicious. Okay, talk me into a angelmouse lynch. (Unless you want to compromise on Cat?)
Why do you need takled into a lynch? are you convinced of budja's innocence?
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

At this point, angel, neither cat nor MR would be lynched only for lurking, if they were lynched at all. MR made a really lousy move by "not realizing" that we had already gone through a 2(?) pages of discussion. Cat, has...well, cat's case rather speaks for itself I think.

EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

angelmouse:
angelmouse [85] wrote:<snip>
lynching a lurker is only beneficial if they continue to post nothing useful during the game at all.
What indication have you seen from Cat and MR that they will be doing otherwise?
(Jack is essentially correct: they are suspicious for all of their behavior, and that behavior includes, but is not limited to, lurking.)
angelmouse [cont] wrote:<snip>
Why do you need takled into a lynch? are you convinced of budja's innocence?
<snip>
No, I was convinced that MR or Cat would be a better lynch than you. And I was convinced that Budja thought that you would be a better lynch than MR or Cat.
Although I will say that Budja is very low on my suspect list.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Hm...I'd probably be more comfortable with a Cat lynch myself. MR is gone off the face of the Earth now, so I'd rather hang on and wait to see if she posts a defense. Cat's been lurking and basically came on with half-baked attacks that made less sense than Bill Clinton at an abstinence convention.

So
vote: Cat

Memorable Raindrops
Memorable Raindrops
Townie
Memorable Raindrops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Memorable Raindrops »

EmpTyger wrote:
MR has been in 3 completed games. That's 2 1/2 games more than he needs to know that this isn't acceptable protown behavior. This isn't a newbie game, MR's not a newbie. The "newbie excuse" doesn't give a player carte blanche to play antitown. And Cat's lurking is more suspicious than any post angelmouse has made. Because the main reason you haven't seen Cat making a wishy-washy post is because he's refused to post!

Tracker:
Okay, but next time just say that to begin with!
I am not a newbie. However, I tried to play my best in a newbie game when I came back to this site; when I said a lot, I got lynched.

Also, one completed game ended (a mini) before the day really even started. It was like a three page game, and I never caught up since it ended so abuptly.

Now, I don't remember a third game. With that said, I never played the newbie excuse. I'll try to play but it just seems to me that I'm a poor player as far as mafia is concerned. Sitting back and staying caught up with the game seems more comfortable to me.

I will try to say something meaningful. I know that you all are going to say "any play is better than lurking." Rest assured, that may be true. But my play has been called "terrible" and "clueless" in the past, so it seems like a lose-lose situation now that I think about it?
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Play more newbie games, read the wiki, look for and seek constructive feedback, learn from past mistakes, and listen to advice.

The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Jackabomb wrote:
Play more newbie games, read the wiki, look for and seek constructive feedback, learn from past mistakes, and listen to advice.
This. If you just give up on ever being a good player, you may as well just replace out now and never play Mafia again. Harsh? Yes, but it's true. If you're interested in growing as a player, you'll throw yourself into the experience and try hard to improve. So stop making excuses and start trying to give us your A++ game.

Anyway, any thoughts on the game, MR? I'm sure you must have one or two opinions by now considering your lurking (oops, sorry, meant to say sitting back and observing) gave you plenty of time to form an opinion on a player or two.

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Remember, it isn't inherently bad if you get lynched. In fact, if you're playing to improve your game, it tells you, clear as day what not to do. Next time someone calls your play "terrible" or "clueless" make them tell you why and what you can do to change it. If you listen and take action, you won't go wrong.

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:50 am

Post by Budja »

@Emp 79, I think we disagree over what is scummy (or the degree of scummyness) here.
Angel's non-existant coupled with her wishy-washyness doesn't look right to me, more scummy than lurker or newbish play.

@Cat, your vote?
Is tracker town or scum?

@MR, I'd rather you post. You don't have to be providing gold to help.
"any play is better than lurking."
^ follow your own advice :P.

@Angel, well its wishy-washy
and
lack of content now.

@Tracker, what do you think of angel?
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:45 am

Post by The Tracker »

Not a fan of angel. She's looking like she's active lurking right now, and that won't do. She needs to participate more, and she has certainly been rather wishy-washy. The only people she's looking at are the easy targets and Budja, although in Budja's case it's more OMGUS than anything.

angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:58 am

Post by angelmouse »

The Tracker wrote:Not a fan of angel. She's looking like she's active lurking right now, and that won't do. She needs to participate more, and she has certainly been rather wishy-washy. The only people she's looking at are the easy targets and Budja, although in Budja's case it's more OMGUS than anything.
who said I was after budja? I simply asked questions and defended myself. By easy targets do you mean the
same
ones you have suspected as well, actually everyone has?? I've looked at everyone and I am contributing now I have regualr access to a computer.
What indication have you seen from Cat and MR that they will be doing otherwise?
point taken and I now see what you mean. At lest I explained my absense before I went missing.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:04 am

Post by angelmouse »

MR if you know your type of play has been called all those things before why haven't you tried a different tact? is this an excuse for your play or an admission of poor play so far and that from now on you'll contribute?
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:05 am

Post by The Tracker »

To answer your first question, I said you were looking at them. By that I mean you were asking questions of them.

To answer your second question, yes, those are exactly the targets I mean. Why are they easy targets? Because everyone suspects them. Simple as that. And if you have looked at everyone you haven't shown it.

Yes, you did explain your absence. However, your absence according to you has been over for a couple days now.

angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:48 am

Post by angelmouse »

Yes and I've posted since and will continue to. Are you asking for a suspicions list on each player, because I don't see that from you or anyone else for that matter? I didn't ask questions of budja, more asked a quetstion of emp.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:30 am

Post by The Tracker »

Nope. I'm just stating how things look to me. Obviously you're going to disagree since this is all at you regardless of your alignment. Budja asked a question and I answered it, and you have asked me questions and I have answered them. That's all I'm doing.

Return to “Completed Open Games”