Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Rec, weren't you screaming about farside scum yesterday? Was that all you needed to change things around?
I'm old now.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Limerickx »

xRECKONERx wrote:
Imprint Farside

Her whole "I wanna claim last to make sure people claim the correct flavor" thing was pro-town. Not sure I buy Button's whole "I got a vig" but forgetting to claim what game he was from till later.
What if Button or I had tracker? Wouldn't scum prefer to go last if possible? Keep in mind that Farside didn't
actually
have a role that resulted in a benefit by her going last.

Also, if button, farside, or myself were going to fake a thread to be from, we DID have all weekend to pick one.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Limerickx »

xRECKONERx wrote:
Imprint Farside

Her whole "I wanna claim last to make sure people claim the correct flavor" thing was pro-town. Not sure I buy Button's whole "I got a vig" but forgetting to claim what game he was from till later.
What if Button or I had tracker? Wouldn't scum prefer to go last if possible? Keep in mind that Farside didn't
actually
have a role that resulted in a benefit by her going last.

Also, if button, farside, or myself were going to fake a thread to be from, we DID have all weekend to pick one.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

xRECKONERx wrote:Her whole "I wanna claim last to make sure people claim the correct flavor" thing was pro-town. Not sure I buy Button's whole "I got a vig" but forgetting to claim what game he was from till later.
Her waiting to claim thing I actually see as slighty scummy as what she says is;
farside22 wrote:I wanted to see if someone would fake claim their imprint and how far that lie would go.
Yet she claimed Doc, How would she know if someone fake claimed? I see her going last as giving her the chance to see the other two claims and then claim something that she can't be called on. As both other imprints were for Vig I'm wondering if everyone who got imprinted last night got the same imprint.

As for the second part I wanted to keep what game/person I was a secret until other people had claimed as I was curious to see if there was a pattern in the names / games / game results / fate of the imprinting player and so on.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Shit. I probably shouldn't have said anything. I thought I remembered her stating why she waited... I guess I was wrong.

And I was screaming about farside-tunneling, not her being blatantly scum. Unless I got too carried away.
green shirt thursdays
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:50 pm

Zzz. I'm at a loss. I hate being at a loss.

Anyone have any bright ideas?
I'm old now.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Nope.

tbqh this game is starting to bore me, i don't see many ways for town to win without this dragging on to D9 or something ridiculous like that.

3 scum left. 7 town left. We can probably afford a lynch today, and one of the vigs probably could've afforded to kill last night. Problem is, if scum gets imprinted, it's really game over.
green shirt thursdays
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

SerialClergyman wrote:Anyone have any bright ideas?
Lynch Elvis or Farside?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:02 pm

lynching elvis or farside is on the opposite of the spectrum from where bright ideas lay.

I've had my scum view of reck faded for some reason. Maybe I'm falling for his disaffected style but I'm not really sure of him being scum. KoC is a decent choice but for me it'd essentially be a policy lynch. One of the vigs is a safe lynch given if they're townies it's like lynching a townie but if they're scum it's like lynching killer scum.
I'm old now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

SerialClergyman wrote:lynching elvis or farside is on the opposite of the spectrum from where bright ideas lay.

I've had my scum view of reck faded for some reason. Maybe I'm falling for his disaffected style but I'm not really sure of him being scum. KoC is a decent choice but for me it'd essentially be a policy lynch. One of the vigs is a safe lynch given if they're townies it's like lynching a townie but if they're scum it's like lynching killer scum.
Ah but the Vigs were honest about their roles. The way Farside handled her claim makes me wonder if she also got a vig role and is hiding it.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:09 pm

How do you know if Limerick was honest or not?

It's possible farside is lying, but I don't think she is. She could have just said vig like the two of you, she went last, she knew she couldn't be disproved.
I'm old now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

SerialClergyman wrote:How do you know if Limerick was honest or not?

It's possible farside is lying, but I don't think she is. She could have just said vig like the two of you, she went last, she knew she couldn't be disproved.
I don't know he's being honest, I am inclined to believe him though based on how/when/what he claimed.

In regards to Farside, as you yourself said, Vigs are decent lynch targets, by claiming Doc she protects herself from that and if a NK does happen down the line she would get the suscipon from being imprinted however people would initally go for someone who had claimed Vig which would give the scum the free march they needed to win.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:25 pm

The reason why I said the vigs were better targets is because I believe farside to be town, not because of what you claimed. I don't think there's much reason to claim doc in her position.
I'm old now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

SerialClergyman wrote: I don't think there's much reason to claim doc in her position.
TheButtonmen wrote:if a NK does happen down the line she would get the suscipon from being imprinted however people would initally go for someone who had claimed Vig which would give the scum the free march they needed to win.
But anyways, You had asked if people had ideas, that is mine. Do you have any thoughts on how to proceed?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by farside22 »

TheButtonmen wrote:
SerialClergyman wrote:This is a fair point, unless he just shot me and is now lying about target.
Why would I lie about having shot you? You read the previous days, did I at anytime try to disguise my intentions?
saying you shot at someone is scummy. I'm sorry this isn't getting through to some people but I made a point on willing lynch buttonman had he shot at anyone unless the person flipped scum.
Saying I didn't shoot doesn't mean I believe him. Just my 2 cents
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by farside22 »

TheButtonmen wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:Her whole "I wanna claim last to make sure people claim the correct flavor" thing was pro-town. Not sure I buy Button's whole "I got a vig" but forgetting to claim what game he was from till later.
Her waiting to claim thing I actually see as slighty scummy as what she says is;
farside22 wrote:I wanted to see if someone would fake claim their imprint and how far that lie would go.
Yet she claimed Doc, How would she know if someone fake claimed? I see her going last as giving her the chance to see the other two claims and then claim something that she can't be called on. As both other imprints were for Vig I'm wondering if everyone who got imprinted last night got the same imprint.

As for the second part I wanted to keep what game/person I was a secret until other people had claimed as I was curious to see if there was a pattern in the names / games / game results / fate of the imprinting player and so on.
First of all someone had a claim order. Second I was given a doc role and wanted to see if scum was going to be given something that said they were imprinted without a character name. I wasn't sure what info if any scum would get.
What about my claim do you find false and reasoning do you find false

Lynch Elvis or Farside?
IE: They are questioning my motives let me OMGUS vote on one of them.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by farside22 »

TheButtonmen wrote:
SerialClergyman wrote:How do you know if Limerick was honest or not?

I don't know he's being honest, I am inclined to believe him though based on how/when/what he claimed.

In regards to Farside, as you yourself said, Vigs are decent lynch targets, by claiming Doc she protects herself from that and if a NK does happen down the line she would get the suscipon from being imprinted however people would initally go for someone who had claimed Vig which would give the scum the free march they needed to win.
This sounds like buttonman saying I claimed vig therefore town. Farside claimed doc therefore scum.
Scum most likely in my view reading this game I can see getting imprinted with a kill the first time they are imprinted. Why? Because it makes sense from a mod prospective.
Also if you buttonman were given a doc role what would be your first thought on receiving that as an imprint with 2 other players out there also imprinted?
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

farside22 wrote:
Lynch Elvis or Farside?
IE: They are questioning my motives let me OMGUS vote on one of them.
A) Didn't vote, B) Reasons are more then OMGUS, C) Been vocal about my thinking Elvis is scum long before this.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Socrates »

Farside, what is your answer to this question:
Socrates wrote:If Button IS scum, why did he decline to shoot last night after so thoroughly setting up that he was going to? Cold feet?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:09 pm

Post by farside22 »

farside22 wrote:
TheButtonmen wrote:
SerialClergyman wrote:For me, the value in lynching buttonman has just gotten significantly higher, because I don't like his flavour and the fact he didn't vig despite saying he would
You think I'm scummy because of how I said I didn't shoot? Also I said i would vig back when it was two imprints (see my above post for explination) and I quite clearly that Elvis was my top scum choice, why would I shoot anyone other then my possible scum choice?
I'm trying to figure out why you didn't shoot and who you thought was scum if you thought someone else was going to kill. Also if you feel that you are going to shoot town then why think about shooting anyone at all. I read this as a worse case but it strikes me as scummy thought too.
TheButtonmen wrote:7-3 -> NK from scum + Misvig -> 5-3 -> Mislynch + NK -> 3-3 = Town loses

If Scum got a NK and I misvigged it was LyLo with 3 suspects. As such due to the 3 imprints I wasn't willing to risk taking the shot as my scum read on Elvis is about 65-75%.

With 2 imprints, if there's a NK I didn't do I knew who was scum, three removed that certainty. Without that certainty risking putting it at Lylo wasn't something I was comfortable with.
These things make no sense. IE: willing to kill with only 2 imprints not 3. Doesn't say who he thinks is scum but comments about a misvig in his analysis.

in short so far happy with my vote
Still waiting on button to comment on my points here that he seems to miss. :roll:
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

farside22 wrote:Also if you buttonman were given a doc role what would be your first thought on receiving that as an imprint with 2 other players out there also imprinted?
Would have protected Serial Cleargyman. As the two other imprinteded have stated they wouldn't be vigging if they got it and scum know his alignment and if he's town they could have killed him and put a great deal of suspicion on me and probably gotten me me lynched.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

Socrates wrote:Farside, what is your answer to this question:
Socrates wrote:If Button IS scum, why did he decline to shoot last night after so thoroughly setting up that he was going to? Cold feet?
Either I doc protected the right person or he thought about the fact he claimed boldly about vigging people and doing so after many people said it's bad would look scummy.
Not a mind reader but that's my view on it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

TheButtonmen wrote:
farside22 wrote:Also if you buttonman were given a doc role what would be your first thought on receiving that as an imprint with 2 other players out there also imprinted?
Would have protected Serial Cleargyman. As the two other imprinteded have stated they wouldn't be vigging if they got it and scum know his alignment and if he's town they could have killed him and put a great deal of suspicion on me and probably gotten me me lynched.
Didn't you say last post about vigging was vigging EK?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:13 pm

Post by Socrates »

SerialClergyman wrote:Zzz. I'm at a loss. I hate being at a loss.

Anyone have any bright ideas?
Well, as I see it, we have 3 options. Continue playing the imprint and wait game (ineffective so far), lynch one of the imprintee's (Button not killing is pretty weird regardless of alignment, and he was pretty scummy before that in my eyes), or lynch some one else (May I recommend KOC?).
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:14 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

farside22 wrote: Still waiting on button to comment on my points here that he seems to miss. :roll:
It's 1:12 am, the site is slow a bag of molasses in the winter, you just posted them and I've already worked through half of them, I'm completly confused as to the speed you expect me to be responding at.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”