Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Alright, sorry for the extended absence. Lots of unexpected stuff popping up in school....

At any rate, here's my take on things. I think that Chaco is a player that...posts rather hastily, to put it politely. Based on my previous experience with him, this is in line with his play. This does not exonerate him, it just means that my reaction to his posts is a null read at the moment.

Cobalt...is a difficult read. As one of the more prominent trolls on the site, his playstyle is obviously attuned to inducing a gut emotional reaction in the posters following his statements. In a way, though, this is beneficial to the town. I would posit that his style is actually better than random vote for getting the game going a bit more on D1, and right now, I'm reading him as town. This may change dramatically, as first-day reads are wont to do. Still, I don't think that *either* of them are the play today.

Percy: In response to your question, my vote on SSK is not a serious attempt to lynch. It is merely a psuedo-random vote on someone which was placed because I really do hate random voting. We've discussed this before, if I recall.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:38 am

Post by zoraster »

Okay.
unvote
for the moment as I think quite a bit has happened since my initial chaco vote and I have to really consider whether the reasons put onto chaco so far are my own.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Sajin »

@Percy- Its easier to discuss ability usage to determine alignment then it is to play a normal game. Most scum know how to deal with a RVS, but don't neccesarily know how to discuss the open nature of a theme setup in a protown manner.

Whats dissapointing is the lack of feedback I get on my posts. This game has been incredibly uninteractive for me.

Are you going to snow me in with text walls like you did last game as scum Percy?

As outlined before I dislike Zoraster's wanting to push everyone one direction when it has been pointed out by numerous people that it is likely a waste of resources and its counter-able

His original reason for voting chaco is because Chaco was criticizing his stragegy (yes I am aware of the recent unvote, point stands). He has never adressed a mafia as a whole rushing recruit as a counter to his strategy when I brought it up. Town needs diversity. While yes having 1 town take a BP to stop 1 bullet is awesome, losing 9 actions to stop a few bullets is NOT optimal.

Vote: Zoraster
to see if he will actually listen to other people.

@all- Notice that Tar set a 4 day deadline now. We need to lynch someone today. And while I will be willing to deadline vote chaco, I do not think it is the best choice today. He seems just like how he was playing in Percy's cult game as town to me.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Vote: Malthusis

I didn't know you were in the game until I took another glance at the playerlist. Two posts so far, one of them active lurking.

@UK- What do you put in for game number?
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

Pom wrote:
@UK- What do you put in for game number?
In the url of this page, there is a t=?????

The number after t= is what you want.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:36 am

Post by malthusis »

It's really hard to find solid info on to lynch in this game. The past 5 pages have been mostly setup speculation (which is mostly an null tell in my opinion), and RVS. Even though I have slight inclinations on who is scum/town, I really feel uncomfortable lynching a person such little evidence. I still haven't made up my mind on who to lynch yet, but I will definitely be deciding who to put my vote on tomorrow if nothing important happens.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:06 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

malthusis wrote:It's really hard to find solid info on to lynch in this game. The past 5 pages have been mostly setup speculation (which is mostly an null tell in my opinion), and RVS. Even though I have slight inclinations on who is scum/town, I really feel uncomfortable lynching a person such little evidence. I still haven't made up my mind on who to lynch yet, but I will definitely be deciding who to put my vote on tomorrow if nothing important happens.
Look at Cobalt.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Netopalis »

Brilliant, SSK, pure brilliance. Perhaps you should tell us
why
we should be looking at Cobalt and
what
he has done that is so scummy?
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Netopalis wrote:Brilliant, SSK, pure brilliance. Perhaps you should tell us
why
we should be looking at Cobalt and
what
he has done that is so scummy?
Yes, this.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Percy »

Sajin 128 wrote:Are you going to snow me in with text walls like you did last game as scum Percy?
Sure! :roll:
malthusis 131 wrote:It's really hard to find solid info on to lynch in this game. The past 5 pages have been mostly setup speculation (which is mostly an null tell in my opinion), and RVS. Even though I have slight inclinations on who is scum/town, I really feel uncomfortable lynching a person such little evidence. I still haven't made up my mind on who to lynch yet, but I will definitely be deciding who to put my vote on tomorrow if nothing important happens.
What are these "slight inclinations"? Why are you holding back your vote and your reads to jump on a deadline wagon tomorrow?

In other news, deadline is really close. Just to make this clear:
The Rules wrote:<10> If no one has reached majority by deadline, one of the following three things will happen:
a) If a majority of voting players are voting for a player, that player will be lynched.
b) If more than half of voting players are voting for one of two players, each of those players will send me a haiku. Whichever one is more amusing will be spared the rope. (Example: If thirteen players are voting out of 21, and 4 of those are voting for Player A and 5 are voting for Player B, Player A and Player B will need to send me haikus.)
c) If neither a) nor b) are applicable, No Lynch will occur.
Currently Chaco is on three votes (Pomegranate didn't Unvote before switching to malthusis) and Cobalt is on three votes, so we are in case c). I suspect that Pomegranate will unvote when she sees this, so at this rate we'll definitely end up in case c). This is not good. I'm going to leave my vote on Chaco and see what he posts before deadline; however, I'm equally comfortable with a malthusis lynch at this point.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Yes-
Unvote; Vote: Malthusis
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

It seems that 11 votes are in play right now, and with a majority of them on one of two wagons (Chaco and Cobalt), B will go into effect.

(Obviously, this is only if no one switches his/her vote.)
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Oh, scratch that, you're right.

I'll switch to a larger wagon if it's necessary closer to deadline.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by Chaco »

Hit an unexpected V/LA, catching up soonish.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Juls »

Being so close to deadline, barring any changes I will be leaving my vote where it is.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:22 am

Post by Vaya »

I'm kinda with what malt said in his last post. With most of the discussion just being on the Tree Tech so far, I'm not getting much of a read on a lot of players. I'll be leaving my vote on Cobalt for now, but am willing to switch to Chaco if necessary. Neither comes of as particularly town to me, so I'm not really against either lynch.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:42 am

Post by Cobalt »

let's lynch vaya tomorrow guys
hatersgonnahate.gif
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:53 am

Post by malthusis »

What are these "slight inclinations"? Why are you holding back your vote and your reads to jump on a deadline wagon tomorrow?
I had a day (from that post) to safely pick someone who I could lynch. I just wanted to have a bit more time to think about my vote.

And I have decided to
Unvote, Vote:Chaco

Under normal circumstances, I would have not voted him, but he's honestly the best bet out there right now for a lynch. The Cobalt case in my mind isn't stronger then Chaco in my mind. Sure he's been posting weird things, but weird doesn't=scum.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:37 am

malt wrote:

I had a day (from that post) to safely pick someone who I could lynch. I just wanted to have a bit more time to think about my vote
Safely? What's that supposed to mean?
malt wrote: Sure he's been posting weird things, but weird doesn't=scum.
But weird things that don't produce content are rather scummy, ne?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:28 am

Post by malthusis »

UncertainKitten wrote:
malt wrote:

I had a day (from that post) to safely pick someone who I could lynch. I just wanted to have a bit more time to think about my vote
Safely? What's that supposed to mean?
malt wrote: Sure he's been posting weird things, but weird doesn't=scum.
But weird things that don't produce content are rather scummy, ne?
To the first part: We need a certain number of votes on a person right now to get a lynch (Percy explains this better then I can, look at his post). If I want to bring any new ideas into this discussion, I need to do it soon enough that everyone will look at it before their final vote.

To the second part: I would agree with that somewhat, but he HAS posted content (and original content at that, with his case on SSK).
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:43 am

malt wrote:
To the second part: I would agree with that somewhat, but he HAS posted content (and original content at that, with his case on SSK).
I'd love a link to this.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:50 am

Post by malthusis »

See Posts #61-68.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:04 am

See Posts #61-68.
More like misrep and...um...not a case. At best there's kinda a case on Chaco. Not sure I agree, but I'm kinda biased against that wagon thanks to "lol, L-3 in super fast mode"
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:35 am

Post by malthusis »

I'm not talking about the case on SSK. I am simply providing evidence to back up my counter-point. (You said that weird things that don't produce content are scummy. I showed you that he has produced content.)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”