angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:00 am

Post by angelmouse »

I'm alive and here. Just not much has happened yet. Not really lurking as peeps were discussing play styles from games i wasn't part of although will skim later.

The pressure votes on MR don't raise any alarms and neither do the reactions. Maybe a further vote so L-1 would spark more movement, but i certainly wont do that considering the early nature of the game and no posts from him. Will wait for a post.

Other than that nobody has displayed anything to make me think scum or town for that matter.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:06 am

Post by The Tracker »

I know what you mean, but still it would be nice to drop a post every now and then so we know you're at least still invested in the game.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:10 am

Post by angelmouse »

P.S I meant, before people pick up on it, that i would like to wait on a post from MR before i pass judgement on the lack of play, not before i put a vote on him.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:16 am

Post by angelmouse »

The Tracker wrote:I know what you mean, but still it would be nice to drop a post every now and then so we know you're at least still invested in the game.
Point taken and will post much more frequently. I am invested in the game.
Memorable Raindrops
Memorable Raindrops
Townie
Memorable Raindrops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Memorable Raindrops »

Sorry! I forgot I was in a mafia game again. I'll have to get used to this; my last game ended a month ago.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Memorable Raindrops wrote:Sorry! I forgot I was in a mafia game again
*facepalm*
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Jack/Budja:
I really don't want to unvote angelmouse right now, but you think MR is the most suspicious. Okay, talk me into a MR lynch. (Unless you want to compromise on Cat?)

Tracker:
So you wanted to pick up discussion on MR, but think it's too soon to talk about anything else...?
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by The Tracker »

EmpTyger wrote: Tracker:
So you wanted to pick up discussion on MR, but think it's too soon to talk about anything else...?
Slow down, little buddy. I meant it was too early for me to get a decent read. I never said it was too early to talk about it, etc.

EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Tracker:
It seems odd to me that you pick out MR, "don't appreciate her lurking", and you want to make her a center of discussion. Because in your response about Cat/angelmouse doing the same thing- you don't seem to care about their lurking, and you don't really want to discuss those 2. So- why the difference between MR and the others?
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by The Tracker »

The Tracker wrote: @Emp: Too soon to tell for sure, but I will say it's cause for suspect. Nothing's really pinging on my radar, but it's definitely something to keep an eye on.
This is my response. Please pick out exactly where I said I didn't care. You either misinterpreted it or you're scum trying to lynch me. I said it's something to keep an eye on. I said it was too early for me to make an accurate read on them. If you wanted to discuss them, sure, I'd discuss it but you asked me a direct question and therefore gave a direct answer.

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Budja »

@Emp, so can I interpret from your post that you vote is no longer random?
MR is just a decent lurker vote. Cat is also a decent lurker vote. I'm not pushing for a lynch.

@Tracker, how good must a read be before it warrants a vote then?
angel wrote:Maybe a further vote so L-1 would spark more movement, but i certainly wont do that considering the early nature of the game and no posts from him
unvote, vote angel
, scum tell #1. Wishy-washy, want (suggest anyway) pressure without responsibility. Better than a lurker vote.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

With all the lurking, RVS ended after the first cycle of budja/jack/tracker-only posts.

Budja, post 35 wrote:Wishy-washy, want (suggest anyway) pressure without responsibility. Better than a lurker vote.
Are you suggesting that she is attempting to set up a mislynch? What precisely do you mean?
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by The Tracker »

It has to be a very reasonable suspicion in my mind. Since the day just started, I have no reasonable suspicions right now.

EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Budja:
The vote on angelmouse was random. But the lack of unvote wasn't.

Do you feel Tracker's [24] was wishy-washy? The part he himself quoted in [34].

Tracker:
It's not in that post. It's in the comparison of your responses.
Caring: When you call out MR's lurking, and try to start immediate discussion about it.
Not caring: When you answered as vaguely as you can, and show no interest in immediate discussion about Cat or angelmouse.

My problem isn't that you think it's too early to make an accurate read about Cat/angelmouse. It's that you say it's too early to talk about them, but yet you don't think it too early to talk about MR.

Or, to put it simply: Why did you want discussion about MR, but did not want to talk about Cat/angelmouse?

Cat:
You just signed up for 2 more games. What's your excuse for not posting here?
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:39 am

Post by The Tracker »

I answered your question already. I didn't answer vaguely on purpose. If it seems that way to you, then that's an issue you yourself need to deal with. I never said I didn't care, nor that I didn't want to talk about them.

See, you're assuming things. You assume based on 1 post that I'm tunneling on MR. I'm not. So I'll just say this: You're making an ass out of yourself for your assumptions.

angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:48 am

Post by angelmouse »

unvote, vote angel
, scum tell #1. Wishy-washy, want (suggest anyway) pressure without responsibility. Better than a lurker vote.
You think a L-1 is wishy washy?? I'm all for pressure votes in games, but he is already under pressure. L-1 vote, IMO, is past a pressure vote and a lynch vote. All it takes is scum to hammer. We can't afford to potentially lose a townie on Day 1 (im not saying MR is one, i mean in general) unless we have a lot of gameplay/information and more to analyse on day 2. A lynch now, unless they are scum, is useless as we have no information for day 2 and, unless blocked, scum, will get a NK.

MR does need to comment on the game now he has returned and if he fails to contribute to make up for his absence, i would consider a L-1 vote. With no comments from him yet, and early Day 1, i am not prepared to put someone at L-1 for not commenting. I can however push and apply pressure that way.

Cat on the other hand is lurking.

FYI: my laptop had gone out on loan to my family so can't post tonight and can't really get away with a big post at work. Boss is out tomorrow so will probably post more then :D Laptop returns Saturday.
Memorable Raindrops
Memorable Raindrops
Townie
Memorable Raindrops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:40 am

Post by Memorable Raindrops »

random vote: Jackabomb

Ha!
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:44 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Jack/Budja:
I’m beginning to think you were right before, about voting MR. Really tempted to move my vote.

angelmouse:
angelmouse [40] wrote:<snip>
MR does need to comment on the game now he has returned and if he fails to contribute to make up for his absence, i would consider a L-1 vote.
With no comments from him yet, and early Day 1, i am not prepared to put someone at L-1 for not commenting.
I can however push and apply pressure that way.
<snip>
How are you applying pressure?
The blue sentence says that you *will* vote MR if he doesn’t comment.
The green sentence says that you “won’t* vote MR if he doesn’t comment.
That’s what’s wishy-washy.

Tracker:
I’m not making any assumptions. I’m just drawing conclusions based on *what’s in your posts*.

Consider these 2 statements:
1) It’s too early to be discussing MR’s lurking.
2) It’s too early to be discussing Cat/angelmouse’s lurking.

You say that you think 1 is false.
You say that you think 2 is true.

So I’m trying to figure out what made MR different from Cat/angelmouse to cause you to draw an opposite opinion. In response, you’ve
a) denied that there’s any inconsistency
b) said that the inconsistency is because I asked you a direct question
c) insulted me/called me scum
None of those explain how you think (1) is false and (2) is true.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:08 am

Post by DeathNote »

Vote Count:

EmpTyger
- angelmouse (L-3)
Budja
- Cat (L-3)
angelmouse
- EmpTyger, Budja (L-2)
Memorable Raindrops
- Jackabomb (L-3)
Jackabomb
- The Tracker, Memorable Raindrops (L-2)

Not Voting:

Memorable Raindrops

With 7 alive, its 4 to lynch
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Jackabomb »

First of all, Tracker, do you plan on removing your vote or do you have a reason?
random vote: Jackabomb

Ha!
What on earth are you
thinking
?
RVS is over. Been that way. Pay attention and figure out what in the world you think your doing before we lynch the living daylights out of you.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Fine fine.
unvote

@Emp: I'm sorry, but I have no clue what you're getting at. I am not saying 1 is false and 2 is true. I said I was not a fan of MR's lurking. Then when you asked about AM's and Cat's, I said it was too soon to tell if there's anything scummy about it, then I said it was reason for suspect. In summation, all lurking is cause for suspect.

I'm sorry dude, but I wouldn't insult you or call you scum if you could wrap your head around the simple concept that I never said or attempted to imply that I was going after so-and-so while leaving others alone. You're looking for gold in a coal mine and getting frustrated that you didn't notice that yet.

EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Budja/Tracker/angelmouse:
Who is more suspicious to you: MR or Cat?

Tracker:
You really don't see any difference between "pushing a topic to the forefront of immediate conversation", and "responding vaguely that a topic needs to wait until later"? (Especially when you concede that the topic is the same.) To the point where if someone does see a difference, your only choices are to insult them or call them scum?

...I've got to say, that's really pushing it on my "things I believe have an innocent explanation" meter.

Everyone except Tracker:
Can I get a reality check? Does anyone else agree with Tracker, that he's not "going after so-and-so while leaving others alone" here:
The Tracker [17] wrote:Ewkay, since this game has officially ground to a halt, so to get discussion going what do you guys think of Memorial not posting yet? I personally don't appreciate the lurking, but apparantly it's all the rage in this thread anyways.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Emp, you wanted budja and I to talk you into a MR lynch:

-Total Lurking(not posting at all)
-No excuse whatsoever
-Random Vote well past RVS
-^indication that (s)he may not have read the game thread before posting.

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

I'm becoming relatively interested in this little tracker vs. Emp encounter. I, for one, can easily think of a perfectly acceptable explanation if I were in his shoes, but he has yet to realize it himself. That's the only reason I'm starting to look into this. I thought the explanation was so obvious, it would blow over quickly, but things are looking different.

Right now, MR is still looking more suspicious because I have a few scumtells on him(her). Lynching someone with scumtells is better than lynching a passive lurker, aka cat.

The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:10 pm

Post by The Tracker »

@Emp: This conversation bores me. Merely trying to start discussion doesn't warrant this ridiculous amount of attack.

@Jack: *claps* Good for you.

I'm more concerned about MR, but I definitely need to look at what Cat says when he comes back on.

Return to “Completed Open Games”