Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

thanks that makes me feel better now.
Your buddying nauseates me!!! :D
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:04 pm

Just to summarise for those skimming the thread - could you all
a) Not hammer the nolynch,
b) imprint farside.

She's been pushing around trying to find scum, she didn't get any support for my attempt to imprint her five pages ago which suggests she doesn't have scumbuddies who are prepared to imprint her and I think in general she is looking solidly town. If you really don't want to imprint farside, can you say so and give a reason why as well please.
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:20 am

Post by elvis_knits »

imprint farside

Go go go!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:22 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SC, are you still thinking CTD is scum?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

CrashTextDummie wrote:I don't have much to say about Elvis' rebuttal, only this:
Elvis wrote:Well, I've never liked buttonmen the entire game but was thinking he was town for the breaking strategy.
Could you clarify what you mean by "like", please?
Almost everything he does bothers me, and it's hard for me to tell how much it is playstyle/personality difference and how much is scumminess.

As an example... he seems to have a hold-your-cards-close attitude when it comes to the game. He hardly gives out any information or shares his thoughts. Now, some people play this way. I don't, and I don't think it helps the game to hold back your thought unless you have a specific reason why it benefits town to do so. But, some people honestly think it's better to be secretive. My problem is that I think it's much better for scum to be secretive, and I find secretive play scummy. And buttonmen is taking it to like a whole new level.
Talk nerdy to me.

Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Limerickx »

I'd rather not imprint Farside, for 2 main reasons.

a) Keeps the imprint pool smaller
b) Goes along with my post HERE where I said that I was uncomfortable with doing more/less imprinting or lynching that what we had generally decided before everyone starting voting for imprints in earnest.

This isn't anything about my personal read on Farside (who I've had town vibes off of) but more of a 'keeping the game in front of me' sort of thing.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:43 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #35=-

No Lynch (5) - Montana, Iowa, Hawaii, Ohio, Florida
Iowa (1) - Kansas

Not Voting (4) - Alaska, Georgia, Colorado, Virginia

6 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #35=-

Hawaii (6) - Hawaii, Kansas, Ohio, Florida, Montana, Iowa
Florida (6) - Florida, Ohio, Kansas, Colorado, Montana, Hawaii

Montana (3) - Alaska, Iowa, Montana
Georgia (3) - Iowa, Georgia, Ohio
Kansas (3) - Alaska, Kansas, Virginia
Virginia (2) - Iowa, Alaska
Ohio (1) - Ohio
Iowa (1) - Iowa
Alaska (1) - Georgia
Colorado (1) - Colorado

6 to imprint.

ALASKA = SerialClergyman
COLORADO = CrashTextDummie
FLORIDA = Limerickx
GEORGIA = Socrates
HAWAII = TheButtonmen
IOWA = xRECKONERx
KANSAS = farside22
MONTANA = Pug89
OHIO = Knight of Cydonia
VIRGINIA = elvis_knits
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

bump
Talk nerdy to me.

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

SerialClergyman wrote:
thanks that makes me feel better now.
Your buddying nauseates me!!! :D
Irony levels: OVER 9000
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:23 pm

As much as I appreciate someone feeling amused by one of my many clever witticisms, I think there are more pressing matters at hand.

Would you imprint farside or explain why not, please?
I'm old now.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Socrates »

Serial, please explain to me why scum would consider a single player that has a dubious reputation with about half of the players in the game calling one of their buddies town to be a free pass to dogpile on her ASAP?

Also, I can see a very strong scum motivation to do what you are doing, and that gives me the willies.

KOC's latest post just goes on to further prove that he needs to die.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Farside is removed from both Reck and myself, the two biggest suspects of today. I can't think of anyone who actively thinks she's scum apart from Reck, even elvis has changed her mind on farside. I imprinted her, elvis said she read town. If she were scum, there would be three daytalking players who have a strong vested interest in seeing her imprinted. You can't tell me that none of them would even put a feeler out about possibly getting her imprinted. She would have been a perfect candidate. It's not just that she didn't get a triple imprint directly after, it's that there was no reaction at all from anyone.

And more than that, farside has hardly been my buddy this game. We've been at loggerheads, with serious personal, playstyle and logical issues with each other. It's not the same as me imprinting elvis, this is a thorn in your side suddenly becoming an ally, and that's fruit that's too sweet for scum to ignore, I'm sure.

What is the very strong scum motivation? Explain to me the scenario.
I'm old now.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:47 pm

You and farside have been, to some lesser or greater degree, at loggerheads for much of this game while not necessarily calling each other outright scum. Suddenly she is a perfect third imprint, when I could have sworn we wanted two, and you're trying to hold off the nolynch until you get what you want. I don't buy it. Two imprints is enough for tonight.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by farside22 »

Socrates wrote:Serial, please explain to me why scum would consider a single player that has a dubious reputation with about half of the players in the game calling one of their buddies town to be a free pass to dogpile on her ASAP?
Only 2 people have state suspicion today and that is Reck and Koc who I both called out at the start of today. Prior to today and a bit today I have been focused on SC or EK as scum who in turn were a suspicions of me. So unless this is an incredible scum gambit by SC/EK and myself I don't see this issue.
CTD said I'm unreadable and you have said next to nothing about suspicion or any reason to be suspicious of me.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by Socrates »

SerialClergyman wrote:Farside is removed from both Reck and myself, the two biggest suspects of today. I can't think of anyone who actively thinks she's scum apart from Reck, even elvis has changed her mind on farside. I imprinted her, elvis said she read town. If she were scum, there would be three daytalking players who have a strong vested interest in seeing her imprinted. You can't tell me that none of them would even put a feeler out about possibly getting her imprinted. She would have been a perfect candidate. It's not just that she didn't get a triple imprint directly after, it's that there was no reaction at all from anyone.

And more than that, farside has hardly been my buddy this game. We've been at loggerheads, with serious personal, playstyle and logical issues with each other. It's not the same as me imprinting elvis, this is a thorn in your side suddenly becoming an ally, and that's fruit that's too sweet for scum to ignore, I'm sure.
I can think of a few scenarios where a scum team that contains Farside but not you would avoid going for a Farside imprint. For instance, one of Button and Limerickx could be scum and the mafia doesn't want to get too greedy and risk tying themselves together too strongly. Or maybe they see the only player supporting Farside is a player with a lot of suspicion on him and decide that she appears to be an unlikely prospect.
Serial wrote:What is the very strong scum motivation? Explain to me the scenario.
Imagine, if you will, a strange and mysterious world, much like our own. The scum team is Serial, Farside, and, say, Knight of Cydonia. Farside has been doing a good job distancing herself away from her scum buddies while Serial uses his slippery ways to talk his way out of suspicion, while both have been working together to set up the next mislynch, Reck (not that Reck needed much help doing that himself). A lucky mistake early on on Serial's part has turned out in his favor, leaving Elvis as putty in his hands, eating up every word he says. He has even managed to lead the incredibly handsome, yet even more intelligent, yet
even more
handsome Socrates astray.

"Bwahahahaha!" Serial laughs to himself, stroking his cat and twirling his long mustache. Victory was in his grasp! Nothing stood in his way! He had done what he could to protect Knight, but alas, he has proven himself a liability by walking around with a big sign on his head that said "I'm scum" on it. He would have to be dealt with soon, but no matter.

But what is this? A reckless town has made one of Serial's enemies, Limrickx, more powerful than Serial was prepared to deal with! If Limrickx uncovered Reck's innocence, or even worse, Serial's guilt, then his web of lies might be unraveled! He had been ready to just hope with Button, who said he would Vig serial, but would use an investigation elsewhere, but with a second detractor on his heels, he could feel his house of cards collapse all around him. His attempts to discredit Limrickx proving to be for naught, he cries out "Curses! But I have one more trick up my sleeve!"

He would have to get one of his own on the inside before the day was out. He quickly cooks up a reason to call Farside obv town and starts his push! Will Serial succeed at leading the town down a path of ruin, or will our intrepid hero - that sexual hunk, Socrates - finally see this wretched facade for what it truly is?

[/cliffhanger ending]

It might be wildly paranoid speculation with no grounding to base it on, but I would say it makes for a compelling narrative, does it not?

(For those that don't want to sort through my over active imagination: A single investigation on either Reck or Serial would cause great problems for a SC/Farside/KOC scum team. At this point, they could not afford to just sit around and let the newly crowned power roles rip them apart, and a desperate scum team might conspire to try and get one of their own imprinted at the last minute.)

Am I the one that is being too paranoid now?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:23 pm

It might be wildly paranoid speculation with no grounding to base it on, but I would say it makes for a compelling narrative, does it not?
I agree absolutely with everything in this sentence, especially about my ownership of a twirlable long moustache.
Am I the one that is being too paranoid now?
Yes. A thousand times yes. For this to make sense, I have to be scum (something you know to be unlikely, in that you are imprinting me and have thought me town for ages) and farisde has to be scum (any reason to think that?) and we'd have to be scum TOGETHER which means we had manufactured every fight in thread. I think the chances that all of those together are true are ridiculously small based on play so far.

Of course, I could be town and wrongly trying to clear farside scum, but I also think that's unlikely given everything else I've said recently. Or I could be scum and bizarrely trying to imprint farside town, but that's probably a stretch too.

I don't know, is it worth not joining this because there's a chance of the 'SC and farside are both scum together' scenario being true, even if it's totally outlandish and actively contradicted by almost every major event in the game? Up to you, I suppose.

I really want this to happen. You didn't vote for either of the imprinted (I think), are you happy with them being the only ones imprinted? When elvis and I weren't voting them either?
I'm old now.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:55 pm

Post by Socrates »

Bleh. I would need to examine your interactions with farside more closely, but it seems to me that faking a playstyle clash would be an easy and safe way to manufacture a bus without having to worry about too much of it sticking, especially if there is a history of this kind of thing.

Idunno, maybe I am letting needless anxiety make me second guess myself. And I am not really comfortable with either lim or button, and I have been telling myself that I need to trust my initial reads more.

I want some commentary from someone other than sc or farside.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:51 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

I’m against it not because of any suspicion of Farside or distrust of SC but because I feel three is too many imprints. With two there is the threat of a tracker to keep people honest with three even if there is a tracker there’s only a 50/50 chance of being tracked. Also with three imprinties you run the risk of scum getting a NK and; 7-3 (now) NK down to 6-3, mislynch (5-3) and NK down to (4-3) at which point it’s LyLo with 2 possible suspects.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Buttonmen, I would totally take those odds. LYLO with 2 possible suspects? 50-50 chance of hitting scum? Given all of the tasty information we have from player behavior throughout the game, I would totally take that. I don't see the problem. One reason is that if farside were one of the players who is possibly scum in a lylo situation, it would make my decision easy. She's probably town. Unless you think there's a huge chance farside is scum (which nobody is saying) then it's not a risk to imprint farside.

So, nobody wants to imprint farside except me and SC. A few people have refused and others aren't even posting (lurking so they don't have to comment).

This should make things easy for you guys. Either me, farside, and SC are the scum who have made a wild flailing gambit to get farside imprinted, or farside is town and the scum don't want her imprinted.

You decide.

Oh and,

vote The buttonmen
Talk nerdy to me.

Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:24 am

Post by Limerickx »

I don't see how those two are the only options at all.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:09 am

Post by farside22 »

Limerick is right there is still the option of if I was scum and EK/SC was not scum there is 3 people needed to imprint and scum doing a quick imprint would look suspicious to many.
So as much as I can see SC's thought process I never consider scum to be dumb.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Limerickx wrote:I don't see how those two are the only options at all.
They're most likely by far.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:40 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:Limerick is right there is still the option of if I was scum and EK/SC was not scum there is 3 people needed to imprint and scum doing a quick imprint would look suspicious to many.
So as much as I can see SC's thought process I never consider scum to be dumb.
Nobody seems to care about limerick being quick imprinted, so I don't see why anybody would suddenly care if it happened to you. Everybody is saying they think you're town, so I don't see the huge problem.
Talk nerdy to me.

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:30 am

elvis_knits wrote:
Limerickx wrote:I don't see how those two are the only options at all.
They're most likely by far.
"Most likely" =/= the only options. Plenty of small variables and different plans possible.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:36 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Knight of Cydonia ISO 4 wrote:
imprint farside22
Knight of Cydonia ISO 8 wrote:
unimprint: farside22
Not as sure about you as VMD was.
Please explain why you imprinted farside in your catchup post then unimprinted farside later, blaming the imprint on VMD (like it was VMD's imprint, when actually it was yours).
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”