Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

I think the no lynch was hammered by Socrates, wasn't it?
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:I think the no lynch was hammered by Socrates, wasn't it?
No.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Socrates »

I said I would hammer if nobody had anything more they wanted to say before we went to night, but I haven't done it yet.

To add my two cents to the discussion about the wagon analysis, my mentality is closest to what CTD is arguing. Some of this discussion about where people are seem to be focusing entirely upon the two people who gained majority while ignoring those that were at 3 votes or so, which is important.

The question must be asked that why were these two people specifically able to move up to a true majority OVER the other people. Them truely looking more pro-town is a valid answer, but I personally have yet to see why Button has earned that distinction and, personally, I am not THAT much more confortable with Limerickx over the other players in this game, like Farside or Elvis. I think there HAS to be SOME kind of scum manipulation there. Note that this doesn't mean that Button and/or Limerickx HAS to be scum, but it is remarkable to say the least in my mind..
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

farside wrote:Yes but I can't see scum not voting town it's a bit hard to believe reading it back in my head. It's possible at least 1 is scum of the 3 that did not imprint and both players imprinted are town.
Could you rephrase that, please? I don't understand these two sentences at all.

I have one more question for you, and then I'll comment:
Does the fact that I was the only person to imprint Limerickx but not TheButtonmen make you feel better about me?
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by Socrates »

Socrates wrote:I said I would hammer if nobody had anything more they wanted to say before we went to night, but I haven't done it yet.

To add my two cents to the discussion about the wagon analysis, my mentality is closest to what CTD is arguing. Some of this discussion about where people are seem to be focusing entirely upon the two people who gained majority while ignoring those that were at 3 votes or so, which is important.

The question must be asked that why were these two people specifically able to move up to a true majority OVER the other people. Them truely looking more pro-town is a valid answer, but I personally have yet to see why Button has earned that distinction and, personally, I am not THAT much more confortable with Limerickx over the other players in this game, like Farside or Elvis. I think there HAS to be SOME kind of scum manipulation there. Note that this doesn't mean that Button and/or Limerickx HAS to be scum, but it is remarkable to say the least in my mind..
I kind of left this hanging.

The conclusion that I draw from this line of thinking is that I think there is at minimum two scum between the wagons for both players and I would not be surprised in the least if the entire scum team would be found in this set of 7 players: {Button, Limerickx, Reck, KOC, CTD, Pug, Farside}

I would eat my fricken hat if both Elvis and Serial are scum and both chose to avoid being on either imprint.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:01 pm

That sounds nothing like what CTD was saying, Soc.

I didn't appreciate that - I was going to hammer yesterday but figured I'd let final discussions happen and now there's a conversation. I'll be around to hammer after CTD writes up his comments on farside's stuff.
I'm old now.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Socrates »

SerialClergyman wrote:That sounds nothing like what CTD was saying, Soc.

I didn't appreciate that - I was going to hammer yesterday but figured I'd let final discussions happen and now there's a conversation. I'll be around to hammer after CTD writes up his comments on farside's stuff.
Those were mostly independent thoughts and I should have put that sentence on a different line. I mean that I agree that the wagon analysis that was going on seemed overly simplistic and I thought the objections he raised over them were good ones.

you didn't appreciate what?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Sorry, that's a bit of ambiguous word usage there from me. I didn't appreciate that we hadn't had a No Lynch hammered - by that I mean I didn't 'realise' we hadn't had a no lynch hammered.

I appreciate everything you write :)
I'm old now.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

So, I have nothing to add, wish the day had ended awhile ago, and am quickly losing interest in this game.

SOOOO I'm going to actively lurk* until D4. Just a heads up. You guys, argue and theorize your hearts out... we'll gain more info from just letting the damn game go to night though.

*unless questions are directed at me specifically
green shirt thursdays
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by farside22 »

CrashTextDummie wrote:
farside wrote:Yes but I can't see scum not voting town it's a bit hard to believe reading it back in my head. It's possible at least 1 is scum of the 3 that did not imprint and both players imprinted are town.
Could you rephrase that, please? I don't understand these two sentences at all.

I have one more question for you, and then I'll comment:
Does the fact that I was the only person to imprint Limerickx but not TheButtonmen make you feel better about me?
Sorry it's my thought process working in overdrive.
Basically I can't imagine scum all 3 scum not imprinting to look more town. I think it's possible that if limerick and button are both town that 1 of the 3 nonimprints maybe scum.

Just so you understand I found messiah scummy. You have been very thoughtful in your comments but it doesn't erase my read on messiah.
Also see the comment of I can see scum imprinting someone they know to be town in order to look town.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

elvis_knits wrote:Well, I've never liked buttonmen the entire game but was thinking he was town for the breaking strategy. A number of the scummy things about him have happend since he was imprinted, like him stringing us along has gotten more tiresome. Him saying that "nobody is getting pressured today this is bad" while he doesn't pressure anyone. Which is like saying "hey guys why don't you keep fighting with each other."
TheButtonmen wrote:
farside22 wrote:
SC wrote:I'm thinking we should possibly look to no lynch sooner rather than later. I'm worried knowing we won't lynch today is messing our information up.
Is there some deadline I'm unaware of? Are you in a hurry for some reason?
Pressure is cranked way back due to knowing no-ones going up a rope which means we get less information from today, is how I read that.
Queston; If it's scummy when you thought I put the idea out there; is it still scummy when your boy Serial is the one who put it out there?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

Lets make this less simplistic to appease the mass's.

Hawaii (button) (6) - Hawaii (button), Kansas (far), Ohio (koc), Florida (limerick), Montana (pug), Iowa (reck)
Florida (limerick) (6) - Florida (limerick), Ohio (Koc), Kansas (far), Colorado (CTD), Montana (pug), Hawaii (button)

Not on any of the imprints: EK, SC and Soc.

Players on both wagons: farside, button, limerick, koc

Hawaii: my top suspect on that wagon: Koc and Reck
Florida: My top suspects on that wagon: CTD and KOC

Not on any of the imprints and suspect: EK and Soc.

Now if everyone believes these 2 people are town and deserve to be imprinted why did 3 players not go on any of these imprint wagons?
Both players in question expressed interested with EK/SC as scum so if both said they were willing to investigate them why did EK/Sc not push ot have them imprinted?
These are the thoughts that plague my mind.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:02 pm

Could you rephrase that last bit, farside? I'm not understanding wht is plauging you.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:Could you rephrase that last bit, farside? I'm not understanding wht is plauging you.
I asked limerick and button who they would investigate.
Button said pug I believe was his first pick as he was quiet and unknown.
limerick expressed interest in checking on of you, ek or reck. I wonder why 2 people who where saying they welcome an investigation to clear them would not imprint someone who expressed the interest to investigate them.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:26 pm

..?

Because I'm not sure of their alignment?

And even if I was, an investigation of me tells me nothing I don't know already. If you had the power to give a 1-shot cop to someone in the town, would you give it to someone who wanted to investigate you?
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:..?

And even if I was, an investigation of me tells me nothing I don't know already. If you had the power to give a 1-shot cop to someone in the town, would you give it to someone who wanted to investigate you?
People don't trust you. Many people voted you day 2 and a few talked about voting you today.
Do you think limerick is scum? Do you think scum would trade one for one?
You see the issues yet?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:..?

Also I would welcome an investigation maybe then people would listen to me about Reck and Koc as scum.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:51 pm

I seriously don't.

I'll tell you my side of what you're raising and see if that addresses something. I think button is town, but I'm not sure. I am conflicted on Limerick and think it's possible he is scum. I don't particularly think either will make the best choices while imprinted and am worried that imprinting scum is worse than imprinting town is good. The people I have the most strong town read on, you and elvis, are nowhere near being imprinted. This makes me even less happy about an incestuous (not meant to be an insult, just a way of describing the situation) group of imprinters who are getting close to or physically imprinting people without 2 probable townies. If I squeeze Soc into that mix, it's without 3 townies. This is problematic. Even if I only assume me and elvis town, I know there's at least two scum in the individuals imprinting Limerick and Buttonmen, and given the wagons are close to identical there's a good chance that both scum have voted for both of them.

So in general, I am unhappy about their imprints.

However, you've given me an idea.

@all
I don't think many people have suspicion of farside. There might be a lingering bit. But as I said earlier, I imprinted her and declared her town, and not a single other person chimed in, which suggests to me she definitely doesn't have a group of daytalking friends looking to capitalise on a gift. I think she's genuine, almost certainly town and isn't tainted by the hate that elvis and I are. In fact, she spat out a fair bit of that herself during her time.

So I say we should GET HER IMPRINTED before we no lynch. She hasn't got many votes at the moment, but I can't see why most people who have a town read on her can't imprint her. We'll have 3 imprinted then, but most people were looking at imprinting 2-3 anyway, so it won't be too crowded.

So get it done. Imprint her now. I think we can get her imprinted, and that will be outside that sphere of influence that's been doing most of thei mprinting so far.

And farside, you can use whatever ability on me you like.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by farside22 »

Reck has been trying to make it his mission to throw his your scum view on the public that I don't see anyone agreeing with you SC.
If one of the 2 players is scum that is imprinted I think for me it will be who said what and why they did what they did.
If people want to imprint me I would be thrilled just with the hope I can get a 1 shot cop result and verify reck alignment.

imprint:farside22

If people don't then lets just move on.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:05 pm

698 elvis says Reck is an alternate choice for scum. (lists 3 others she thinks are actual scum.
763 farside says that she doens't care for reck's turnaround.
782 SC posts case on Reck based on turnaround of opinion
801 Plum says my summary of Reck is disheartening and sees how similar Messiah and Reck are in their voting patterns.
847 CTD replaces Messiah and adds Reck to his scumlist as third behind VMD and SC.
856 Limerick says he doesn't like Reck, and links to pug.
This is a list of when people started suspecting reck. I don't think his opinion should hold much sway in keeping you off the imprint list tbh.

Nobody hammer for a while please, I really genuinely want to get this imprint up.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

I just had a bad thought. Should I express my concern on if there is a player that is scum that is imprinted?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:16 pm

Why not, it's just the two of us in this intimate setting :D

More seriously, if you think it's something they can react to, hold your thought till tomorrow, you're probably unlikely to be killed even if they get a kill.

And if it's something we can't do anything about even if we knew it was a possibility, probably better to keep that under your hat too. I don't know, use your judgement.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:Why not, it's just the two of us in this intimate setting :D

More seriously, if you think it's something they can react to, hold your thought till tomorrow, you're probably unlikely to be killed even if they get a kill.

And if it's something we can't do anything about even if we knew it was a possibility, probably better to keep that under your hat too. I don't know, use your judgement.
okay. I will put it under the too paranoid category.

Do you remember if the mod said the scum would get a kill and an ability?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:22 pm

No, the scum get an ability of some kind. They can only use one ability each night. Unlike the town, the scum will be able to use that ability for the rest of the game. If they are imprinted more than once, they can 'collect' abilities. So they only way scum could get a kill and an ability is if they're imprinted twice and they get the kill ability one of those two nights. Even then, they can only use EITHER the kill or the ability each night.

Of course, multiple scum could get abilities though, so if all three scum had kills, the scum could kill three people per night.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:26 pm

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:No, the scum get an ability of some kind. They can only use one ability each night. Unlike the town, the scum will be able to use that ability for the rest of the game. If they are imprinted more than once, they can 'collect' abilities. So they only way scum could get a kill and an ability is if they're imprinted twice and they get the kill ability one of those two nights. Even then, they can only use EITHER the kill or the ability each night.

Of course, multiple scum could get abilities though, so if all three scum had kills, the scum could kill three people per night.
thanks that makes me feel better now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”