Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:17 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:
farside22 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I didn't vote him because I thought we were no-lynching. That's all.
Why would you even suggest lynching someone that was imprinted then?
Because I hate buttonmen...

And I don't trust him...

And I didn't like that little quickhammer imprint business.
Do you really read limerick as scum?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SerialClergyman wrote:we'll have a scumbusting trio of awesome.
I really want to do this.

The thing you said about pronouncing farside town and nobody imprinting her is a good one. Although I started to think she was town when I saw her playing in another game.

farside, saw me die recently as scum. If she still thinks I'm playing the same this game... then I just don't know what to tell her. Nobody that has seen me play as scum recently confuses it with my town play.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:20 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
farside22 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I didn't vote him because I thought we were no-lynching. That's all.
Why would you even suggest lynching someone that was imprinted then?
Because I hate buttonmen...

And I don't trust him...

And I didn't like that little quickhammer imprint business.
Do you really read limerick as scum?
No...

Read my post about thinking maybe limerick is a patsy.

I was thinking maybe buttonmen wanted somebody else imprinted so that he can use a NK and blame it on somebody else.

I dunno. Honestly, maybe I am going overboard. And being paranoid. If you think I'm wrong, hey, I may be. The way limerick was imprinted just bothers me, with two votes in back-to-back posts.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:41 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

from when Soc replaced in wrote:Limerick's imprinters are Limerick, KoC, farside22 and Plum/Socrates
from when he was imprinted wrote:Florida (limerick) (6) - Florida(limerick), Ohio(Koc), Kansas(farside), Colorado(CTD), Montana(pug), Hawaii(buttonmen)
Interestingly, when Limerick was second in line to be imprinted when Socrates replaced in, he had Socrates' support. Since then he lost it. So he's actually had 7 unique people voting to imprint him. The people who haven't are SC, elvis and Reck - oddly enough. I think that puts two scum on his imprint wagon, personally (thinking Reck is scum and elvis and I aren't.) Socrates is a weird one because he didn't side with his predecessor and that could well be due to a scum strategy.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:45 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:
SerialClergyman wrote:we'll have a scumbusting trio of awesome.
I really want to do this.

The thing you said about pronouncing farside town and nobody imprinting her is a good one. Although I started to think she was town when I saw her playing in another game.

farside, saw me die recently as scum. If she still thinks I'm playing the same this game... then I just don't know what to tell her. Nobody that has seen me play as scum recently confuses it with my town play.
I can't comment about that game and I can't explain without bringing up the game the flaw in that theory.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:49 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

First imprint wagons at end of D1 wrote:In all -
Ohio
(5) -
Nevada
Florida
, Arizona,
Ohio
Colorado

Colorado
(5) -
Nevada
Ohio
Colorado
, Iowa,
Florida

Hawaii
(5) -
Nevada
, Arizona,
Kansas
Colorado
Hawaii
Wow. So it turns out, of those on that initial imprint push on D1 before DN was lynched, we have one confirmed scum, one confirmed town (starbuck) and EVERY OTHER VOTE OR NOMINATION barring one imprint from Reck all came from people who are currently on the Limerick imprint.

Essentially, whenever imprints have been decided, Serial, Elvis and Plum have been nowhere near those being imprinted.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:49 am

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:
from when Soc replaced in wrote:Limerick's imprinters are Limerick, KoC, farside22 and Plum/Socrates
from when he was imprinted wrote:Florida (limerick) (6) - Florida(limerick), Ohio(Koc), Kansas(farside), Colorado(CTD), Montana(pug), Hawaii(buttonmen)
Interestingly, when Limerick was second in line to be imprinted when Socrates replaced in, he had Socrates' support. Since then he lost it. So he's actually had 7 unique people voting to imprint him. The people who haven't are SC, elvis and Reck - oddly enough. I think that puts two scum on his imprint wagon, personally (thinking Reck is scum and elvis and I aren't.) Socrates is a weird one because he didn't side with his predecessor and that could well be due to a scum strategy.
I remember when reading Plum I thought the three of you were scum together with all the almost high 5 like comments. When plum got the imprints and people where calling her town with so little said it got me even more suspicious. Those were just the gut feeling combo'ed with the way people pushed others as town day 1 though.

Also just a theory question because there was a lot going on you two for wanting to imprint each other.
Do you think scum would imprint their scum partners and themselves in the same post?
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:31 am

Post by Limerickx »

farside22 wrote:Also just a theory question because there was a lot going on you two for wanting to imprint each other.
Do you think scum would imprint their scum partners and themselves in the same post?
Regarding your theory question, I think they would imprint in the same post. I think handing out imprints piecemeal is more suspicious. If scum were to have a post with one or two imprints, and then, a page or two later, post with an additional imprint, the question 'why did you decide to now imprint 'x'' would almost certainly come up. By keeping the imprints together, less questions are asked. Thats my opinion at least.
SerialClergyman wrote:Essentially, whenever imprints have been decided, Serial, Elvis and Plum have been nowhere near those being imprinted.
As a side note: Plum was was voting to imprint me before Soc replaced in.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:44 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Imprint: elvis_knits
green shirt thursdays
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:50 am

Post by farside22 »

xRECKONERx wrote:
Imprint: elvis_knits

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I so needed something like this today.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:52 am

Post by elvis_knits »

What's so funny? ;)

Imprinting elvis is always a good idea!
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:55 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:What's so funny? ;)

Imprinting elvis is always a good idea!
It's who doing it, duh.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

lolgrammar

farside, I'm honored to be in your sig
green shirt thursdays
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:59 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I'm not terribly concerned about the "quick-imprint". If anything, it makes me feel even better about Limerickx as the imprintee. I see almost no incentive for scum to imprint one of their own in this fashion. As far as I'm concerned, Limerickx was a virtual lock to get imprinted after I put my vote on, so there was no reason for scum to pull a fast one. I do see incentive for scum to quickly imprint a town Limerickx, following the same logic. He was gonna get imprinted anyway, so might as well help him get there to hopefully look good. And in the same vein, I can see a town-motivation behind the last couple votes as well, as there's really not much reason to keep the day going at this point.

In summary, I don't think the quick imprint tells us much about the people doing the imprinting, and if anything, it makes me feel even better about Limerickx.

-------

While I do share some of the concerns about TheButtonmen's recent play that Elvis has voiced, I certainly don't think it makes having imprinted him a problem that should be rectified by lynching him. It bothers me quite a bit that Elvis would even bring the idea up, much as it bothers me how strongly she's playing up the paranoia. The mechanics of this game certainly invite it (I've had my share of paranoia while mulling over who I was willing to imprint), but I think it's in the towns best interest to take it out of the equation as best as we can, not wallow in it.

Some other recent things I found interesting or problematic:
farside22 wrote:My problem of the 5 people I find scum only 2 of the players are on each wagon.

KOC - on both imprint wagons
reck - on buttonman
ctd (mostly do to messiah) on limerick's wagon.
Now if buttonman is scum there is the 3 scum left I can lean on more (reck/koc)
If limerick is scum then it would be KOC/CTD

If both are town then I would look at those not imprinting either
SC/EK/Soc
I think this is a rather simplistic and naîve way to look at things. Also, am I understanding this correctly, that you would reconsider your town-view on SC/EK/Soc if both imprinted players are town? (or am I mixing getting your town and scum reads mixed up?)

This one is in the same vein, but even more problematic:
Elvis wrote:Also, if I'm just being paranoid, and buttonmen and limerick are both town, I would expect the wagons to be all or mostly town.
The wagons being all town would make you scum. Also, would both Limerickx and Buttonmen being town make you reconsider your stance on SerialClergyman?

-----------

Comments like these irritate me:
Elvis wrote:Of the six people voting for each imprint, we have 5 people occurring on each one:

buttonmen, limerick, KoC, farside, pug

That's pretty interesting that the lists are almost exactly the same.
SerialClergyman wrote:Wow. So it turns out, of those on that initial imprint push on D1 before DN was lynched, we have one confirmed scum, one confirmed town (starbuck) and EVERY OTHER VOTE OR NOMINATION barring one imprint from Reck all came from people who are currently on the Limerick imprint.

Essentially, whenever imprints have been decided, Serial, Elvis and Plum have been nowhere near those being imprinted.
If you find something that interesting, or so mindblowing you have to pull out the CAPS LOCK, why don't you share your own conclusions from whatever piece of evidence you're citing? At a first glance, I don't think there's anything substantial about these obvservations that will help us catch scum until we have some more bodies to work with, but by all means, enlighten me.

------------

Having said that, I'm pretty much ready to put this game to night, and I will vote no lynch within the next couple of days if no one else does. I'm looking forward to lynch both xRECKx and KoC, both of whom have been playing like dead scum walking for a while now.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

CrashTextDummie wrote:I'm not terribly concerned about the "quick-imprint". If anything, it makes me feel even better about Limerickx as the imprintee. I see almost no incentive for scum to imprint one of their own in this fashion.
Okay, I think this argument is stupid. Let me know if this is what you're saying:

Scum would not quick imprint their own because it is so obviously scummy.

That's the "too scummy to be scum" fallacy.

Not a fan.

Plus, if they both were scum, the benefit of them both having an imprint, with no town people having imprints might be huge. It might be enough to win them the game, so it could totally be worth it. I don't see why they wouldn't go for it if they were both scum.
CTD wrote: As far as I'm concerned, Limerickx was a virtual lock to get imprinted after I put my vote on, so there was no reason for scum to pull a fast one.
Why was he a lock? There are other people with 3-4 votes. I don't think it was decided.
CTD wrote: While I do share some of the concerns about TheButtonmen's recent play that Elvis has voiced, I certainly don't think it makes having imprinted him a problem that should be rectified by lynching him. It bothers me quite a bit that Elvis would even bring the idea up, much as it bothers me how strongly she's playing up the paranoia. The mechanics of this game certainly invite it (I've had my share of paranoia while mulling over who I was willing to imprint), but I think it's in the towns best interest to take it out of the equation as best as we can, not wallow in it.
This is a lot of crappy doublespeak if you ask me. You share my concerns about buttonmen but you're bothered that I brought up the idea of lynching him?

I think that the idea that we can lynch somebody to prevent their imprint is an important point. If we think there are any shenanigans with imprinting, that is our last chance to right things. I'm not being inflexible here in my ideas, but I'm bringing up all our options and listening to what everyone has to say.
CTD wrote: Some other recent things I found interesting or problematic:
farside22 wrote:My problem of the 5 people I find scum only 2 of the players are on each wagon.

KOC - on both imprint wagons
reck - on buttonman
ctd (mostly do to messiah) on limerick's wagon.
Now if buttonman is scum there is the 3 scum left I can lean on more (reck/koc)
If limerick is scum then it would be KOC/CTD

If both are town then I would look at those not imprinting either
SC/EK/Soc
I think this is a rather simplistic and naîve way to look at things. Also, am I understanding this correctly, that you would reconsider your town-view on SC/EK/Soc if both imprinted players are town? (or am I mixing getting your town and scum reads mixed up?)
I actually thought farside's post was very good, and she draws good conclusions. I don't think it's naive. I wouldn't say that it's like the list for the firing squad or anything, you have to take the whole game into account, but her conclusions are good. Furthermore, they make me more suspicious that one or both of limerick/buttonmen is scum since I know I'm town and I am pretty sure SC is too.
CTD wrote: This one is in the same vein, but even more problematic:
Elvis wrote:Also, if I'm just being paranoid, and buttonmen and limerick are both town, I would expect the wagons to be all or mostly town.
The wagons being all town would make you scum. Also, would both Limerickx and Buttonmen being town make you reconsider your stance on SerialClergyman?
Well then I'd have to go with the mostly option there if they're both town...

Limerick and buttonmen being town would not make me reconsider SC. He is town.
CTD wrote:Comments like these irritate me:
Elvis wrote:Of the six people voting for each imprint, we have 5 people occurring on each one:

buttonmen, limerick, KoC, farside, pug

That's pretty interesting that the lists are almost exactly the same.
SerialClergyman wrote:Wow. So it turns out, of those on that initial imprint push on D1 before DN was lynched, we have one confirmed scum, one confirmed town (starbuck) and EVERY OTHER VOTE OR NOMINATION barring one imprint from Reck all came from people who are currently on the Limerick imprint.

If you find something that interesting, or so mindblowing you have to pull out the CAPS LOCK, why don't you share your own conclusions from whatever piece of evidence you're citing? At a first glance, I don't think there's anything substantial about these obvservations that will help us catch scum until we have some more bodies to work with, but by all means, enlighten me.
CTD, you're right in a sense that we can't know exactly what's what until we get some more bodies or info... but that doesn't change the fact that it seems strange that it's the same 5/6 people on both imprints. That means half the game is imprinting, and half isn't. Don't you think that's ODD? I wasn't sure exactly what it meant, but I really think it means something, and I think we have to keep it in mind for later. We have to look back at it when we get more info.
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:54 am

Post by farside22 »

It is a bit simple (mostly for those not on either lynch and saying they are scum) I would lean more likely scum with those not on the imprint if button and limerick were both town because I can't see a town reason not to imprint one of the 2 players if both are town. Scum on the other hand trying to push others to be imprint does look more scummy so it's of that category but god help me I think I believe SC.

I can't believe no one else see's the irony of what reck is trying to pull with his imprint at that time.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:09 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:I can't believe no one else see's the irony of what reck is trying to pull with his imprint at that time.
I'm pretty sure he's trying to make me look like his scum buddy, you know.
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:24 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:
farside22 wrote:I can't believe no one else see's the irony of what reck is trying to pull with his imprint at that time.
I'm pretty sure he's trying to make me look like his scum buddy, you know.
Why do you think I was laughing so hard at the timing.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:00 pm

Elvis wrote:Okay, I think this argument is stupid. Let me know if this is what you're saying:

That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that there was no reason to quick imprint Limerickx (in a scenario where Limerickx is scum with one or both of Pug and TheButtonman) because there was every reason to believe that Limerickx was getting the imprint no matter what. This is not like voting for a lynch where the guy on the block can talk his way out of it with a claim or a good defense and a quick lynch might have to be secured.

This leads into:
Elvis wrote:Why was he a lock? There are other people with 3-4 votes. I don't think it was decided.
My view on this may be skewered because Limerickx was my choice for imprint as well, but as far as I can see, he was the frontrunner for the second imprint for most of the day, with little to no opposition.
Elvis wrote: This is a lot of crappy doublespeak if you ask me. You share my concerns about buttonmen but you're bothered that I brought up the idea of lynching him?

I think that the idea that we can lynch somebody to prevent their imprint is an important point. If we think there are any shenanigans with imprinting, that is our last chance to right things. I'm not being inflexible here in my ideas, but I'm bringing up all our options and listening to what everyone has to say.
I should have elaborated more. The thing I agree with you about when it comes to TheButtonmen is that he has been too passive since becoming imprinted, and that he wasn't really contributing to the towns efforts to imprint another player. And while I
do
find that somewhat concerning, it doesn't change my opinion of him dramatically. Would I vote to imprint him if it wasn't already a done deal? Probably not (I've had a better feeling about Socrates ever since he replaced into the game). Is he the worst person to have an imprint? Not by a long-shot.

In principle, I don't mind the fact that you're bringing up the fact that we can lynch imprinted people as a last measure, but the vibe I get from your posts is "well, gosh, you guys imprinted a guy 15 pages ago that I'm not comfortable with anymore, have you considered lynching him?" You were in favor of his imprint when it went down, even though you didn't vote to imprint him. You were even in favor of going to night with just him imprinted. Shortly after he got imprinted, you started voicing doubts. These have now escalated to the point where you're cautiously contemplating his lynch. I get that people change opinions, but the way you've gone about it makes me feel like you're deliberately sowing confusion and paranoia among the town now that we've finally settled on imprints.
Elvis wrote:I actually thought farside's post was very good, and she draws good conclusions. I don't think it's naive. I wouldn't say that it's like the list for the firing squad or anything, you have to take the whole game into account, but her conclusions are good. Furthermore, they make me more suspicious that one or both of limerick/buttonmen is scum since I know I'm town and I am pretty sure SC is too.
Her conclusions are "all scum are on a scum imprint" and "scum only imprint scum". I'm simplifying a bit, but that's the basic gist of it.

I'm probably finding her post so problematic (and others similar to it) because it violently disagrees with what I consider a productive way to hunt scum. Why would you be willing to throw your own reads out of the window based on the one thing that scum can easily manipulate? It just feels incredibly counter-intuitive to me. I take voting and imprint patterns into consideration as well, but only once we actually have the information to judge them upon (read: dead people and revealed alignments), and then only as a supplement to my own reads.
Elvis wrote:Well then I'd have to go with the mostly option there if they're both town...
Obviously... The fact that you've even brought up the all-option suggests to me that you're not really thinking your theories through.
Socrates then?
Elvis wrote:CTD, you're right in a sense that we can't know exactly what's what until we get some more bodies or info... but that doesn't change the fact that it seems strange that it's the same 5/6 people on both imprints. That means half the game is imprinting, and half isn't. Don't you think that's ODD? I wasn't sure exactly what it meant, but I really think it means something, and I think we have to keep it in mind for later. We have to look back at it when we get more info.
You're severely misrepresenting the facts here. Only three out of nine people weren't involved in the imprinting of those two people. Of those three, one hasn't had an imprint vote on record since page 32. That would be you. Why would you consider the fact that some people weren't involved in the imprinting process odd, when you deliberately refrained from participating yourself?

And no, I don't see what's particularly odd about it. But mostly, I don't see the point in trying to read anything into it.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Actually, I think Elvis is town. If we quicklynch me, please lynch farside after my flip for tunneling soooooooooo hardcore.
green shirt thursdays
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by farside22 »

xRECKONERx wrote:Actually, I think Elvis is town. If we quicklynch me, please lynch farside after my flip for tunneling soooooooooo hardcore.
Yes because there is nothing scummy about someone who tunnels some much like you in regards to SC. :roll: :roll:
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

CrashTextDummie wrote:
Elvis wrote:Okay, I think this argument is stupid. Let me know if this is what you're saying:

That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that there was no reason to quick imprint Limerickx (in a scenario where Limerickx is scum with one or both of Pug and TheButtonman) because there was every reason to believe that Limerickx was getting the imprint no matter what. This is not like voting for a lynch where the guy on the block can talk his way out of it with a claim or a good defense and a quick lynch might have to be secured.
The back-to-back posts still bothers me. I can see your pov, but it still bothers me.
CTD wrote:
Elvis wrote: This is a lot of crappy doublespeak if you ask me. You share my concerns about buttonmen but you're bothered that I brought up the idea of lynching him?

I should have elaborated more. The thing I agree with you about when it comes to TheButtonmen is that he has been too passive since becoming imprinted, and that he wasn't really contributing to the towns efforts to imprint another player. And while I
do
find that somewhat concerning, it doesn't change my opinion of him dramatically. Would I vote to imprint him if it wasn't already a done deal? Probably not (I've had a better feeling about Socrates ever since he replaced into the game). Is he the worst person to have an imprint? Not by a long-shot.

In principle, I don't mind the fact that you're bringing up the fact that we can lynch imprinted people as a last measure, but the vibe I get from your posts is "well, gosh, you guys imprinted a guy 15 pages ago that I'm not comfortable with anymore, have you considered lynching him?" You were in favor of his imprint when it went down, even though you didn't vote to imprint him. You were even in favor of going to night with just him imprinted. Shortly after he got imprinted, you started voicing doubts. These have now escalated to the point where you're cautiously contemplating his lynch. I get that people change opinions, but the way you've gone about it makes me feel like you're deliberately sowing confusion and paranoia among the town now that we've finally settled on imprints.
Well, I've never liked buttonmen the entire game but was thinking he was town for the breaking strategy. A number of the scummy things about him have happend since he was imprinted, like him stringing us along has gotten more tiresome. Him saying that "nobody is getting pressured today this is bad" while he doesn't pressure anyone. Which is like saying "hey guys why don't you keep fighting with each other." Also his "vigging is investigating" comment has come since his imprint. And the quickhammer imprint. So I couldn't voice opposition to those things when they hadn't happened yet.
CTD wrote:
Elvis wrote:I actually thought farside's post was very good, and she draws good conclusions. I don't think it's naive. I wouldn't say that it's like the list for the firing squad or anything, you have to take the whole game into account, but her conclusions are good. Furthermore, they make me more suspicious that one or both of limerick/buttonmen is scum since I know I'm town and I am pretty sure SC is too.
Her conclusions are "all scum are on a scum imprint" and "scum only imprint scum". I'm simplifying a bit, but that's the basic gist of it.

I'm probably finding her post so problematic (and others similar to it) because it violently disagrees with what I consider a productive way to hunt scum. Why would you be willing to throw your own reads out of the window based on the one thing that scum can easily manipulate? It just feels incredibly counter-intuitive to me. I take voting and imprint patterns into consideration as well, but only once we actually have the information to judge them upon (read: dead people and revealed alignments), and then only as a supplement to my own reads.
I'm not thinking of it absolutes either. I just think that scum are going to want to imprint scum and not imprint town. This is not a sure thing, obviously, and scum want to blend in to an extent and be hard to read... but as a general trend? Scum want scum to be imprinted. Scum don't want town imprinted. I don't see what's counterintuitive about that.
CTD wrote:
Socrates then?
I would give him a harder look then, yes.
CTD wrote:
Elvis wrote:CTD, you're right in a sense that we can't know exactly what's what until we get some more bodies or info... but that doesn't change the fact that it seems strange that it's the same 5/6 people on both imprints. That means half the game is imprinting, and half isn't. Don't you think that's ODD? I wasn't sure exactly what it meant, but I really think it means something, and I think we have to keep it in mind for later. We have to look back at it when we get more info.
You're severely misrepresenting the facts here. Only three out of nine people weren't involved in the imprinting of those two people. Of those three, one hasn't had an imprint vote on record since page 32. That would be you. Why would you consider the fact that some people weren't involved in the imprinting process odd, when you deliberately refrained from participating yourself?

And no, I don't see what's particularly odd about it. But mostly, I don't see the point in trying to read anything into it.
I am not misrepresenting the facts.

We have 10 players alive right now. 5 players were on both imprints. That's half the town.

Why haven't I imprinted anyone today? Because I feel handicapped by the anti-elvis-and-SC sentiments, and the overwhelming support for buttonmen who I have huge issues with even if he's town. What I really want to do is imprint me and SC, and maybe farside. I haven't done it because I know it's a lost cause and will only enflame all the people who hate our buddying. I don't want the town to waste any more time on the elvis-SC conspiracy theory since it's a distraction.

I also feel a loss of confidence in myself after the starbuck lynch and was trying to just absorb a little more and let my opinions change if I was really going in such a wrong direction before.
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by farside22 »

That's not the case at all. I put my 3 scum suspect
Reck. Koc and messiah (CTD) into each of those imprints and if one player imprinted is scum who I would lean on more.
KOC came under both imprints and I don't see scum eager to imprint a townie without hoping they can imprint one of their own so this edges KOC scum a little bit more.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:50 pm

I don't have much to say about Elvis' rebuttal, only this:
Elvis wrote:Well, I've never liked buttonmen the entire game but was thinking he was town for the breaking strategy.
Could you clarify what you mean by "like", please?
farside wrote:That's not the case at all. I put my 3 scum suspect
Reck. Koc and messiah (CTD) into each of those imprints and if one player imprinted is scum who I would lean on more.
KOC came under both imprints and I don't see scum eager to imprint a townie without hoping they can imprint one of their own so this edges KOC scum a little bit more.
Right, I'm feeling this is a case of misunderstanding and misremembering on my part. I remembered that you listed 5 or 6 people as scum, but I didn't remember who they were. I didn't find that list on a quick skim of your posts, but I believe your stated suspects at the time were myself, xRECKx, KoC, SC, EK, Socrates. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I was confused by your wording "of the 5 people I find scum, only 2 are on each wagon".

Still, let me try again to understand your thought process:
If Limerickx is scum, you're leaning more towards me and KoC.
If TheButtonmen is scum, you're leaning more towards xRECKx and KoC.

You are leaving Pug out of this equation because you don't suspect him, and TheButtonmen and Limerickx because you don't think they're both scum.

If neither of them is scum, you lean towards Soc/EK/SC.

Is that correct?

If the answer is yes, I have 2 follow-up questions before I pass judgement on your theorizing again:
1. Is the reversal of this also true? i.e. if both me and KoC were to turn up scum, would that point towards Limerickx being scum in your eyes?
2. Following your "scum wouldn't imprint a townie without hoping they can imprint one of their own", would xRECKx scum and TheButtonman town implicate Pug, seeing as xRECKx was trying to get Pug imprinted when he hammered TheButtonman?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by farside22 »

I remembered that you listed 5 or 6 people as scum, but I didn't remember who they were. I didn't find that list on a quick skim of your posts, but I believe your stated suspects at the time were myself, xRECKx, KoC, SC, EK, Socrates. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I was confused by your wording "of the 5 people I find scum, only 2 are on each wagon".
I have been switching with SC all game long. Insert Messiah in here and you got my 5 person list.
Still, let me try again to understand your thought process:
If Limerickx is scum, you're leaning more towards me and KoC.
If TheButtonmen is scum, you're leaning more towards xRECKx and KoC.
yup

If neither of them is scum, you lean towards Soc/EK/SC.

Is that correct?
Yes but I can't see scum not voting town it's a bit hard to believe reading it back in my head. It's possible at least 1 is scum of the 3 that did not imprint and both players imprinted are town.

If the answer is yes, I have 2 follow-up questions before I pass judgement on your theorizing again:
1. Is the reversal of this also true? i.e. if both me and KoC were to turn up scum, would that point towards Limerickx being scum in your eyes?
2. Following your "scum wouldn't imprint a townie without hoping they can imprint one of their own", would xRECKx scum and TheButtonman town implicate Pug, seeing as xRECKx was trying to get Pug imprinted when he hammered TheButtonman?
I would look at limerick a bit more but I would also look at past imprints. (it's hard to see limerick scum)
I saw Reck try to get Pug imprinted but he tried to get VMD imprinted day 1 with buttonman where is a part of where some of my suspicion starts to kick into overdrive and possed the question about scum imprinting themselves along with their scum buddy in a single post.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”