Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:18 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm just trying to think what scum would want to do. If buttonmen is scum, does he want more people (town) to get imprints so that if he gets a NK he can use it and not be the only suspect? Or does he just want to stick with only himself being imprinted because if town people get imprinted, the risk to himself and the rest of his team is greater?

I'm toying with the idea of Limerick being a patsy in this case, but not sure the risk>reward.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Socrates »

I don't have much time to write a long post, but one note:

Would scum ever be so bold as to quick hammer an imprint on their buddy? No.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:21 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think in some circumstances, maybe they would.

So you think I'm being paranoid?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:34 am

Post by Limerickx »

Actually E_K, I worried about the same things as you at first, but after thinking about it, I don't see the risk/reward benefit for 2 scum to quick hammer an imprint on me. Any benefit that could be had from 'setting me up' by casting suspicion on me with two quick votes is reduced by the potential harm that whatever my imprint is can make, so I hope.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

I totally disagree scum wouldn't quick hammer a soon to be imprinted buddy.

I'm going to vote no lynch within a few hours so we can move this game along. Any objections?
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by farside22 »

xRECKONERx wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:So we just had two player imprint limerick in two posts with no reasoning greater than "I get a town read" and "I'm going to imprint hammer him."

I'm really uncomfortable with that.
This. Though, I get the strange feeling that if Lim is scum, scum were on his imprint wagon early on... if he's town, scum might've hammered.
What? How do you even come to this conclusion?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:I'm just trying to think what scum would want to do. If buttonmen is scum, does he want more people (town) to get imprints so that if he gets a NK he can use it and not be the only suspect? Or does he just want to stick with only himself being imprinted because if town people get imprinted, the risk to himself and the rest of his team is greater?

I'm toying with the idea of Limerick being a patsy in this case, but not sure the risk>reward.
If there is a kill there are 2 players to look at. As buttonman already expressed an interest in "vigging" SC I would be looking more closely at him.
But saying this doesn't give anyone *cough* limerick a free pass if there is a death tonight.

@SC: I'm done with my thoughts but I like my vote where it stands I hope someone gets an investigation and gives us information.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by Pug89 »

elvis wrote:You seem more focused on getting a certain number than imprinting according to people you are sure are town. Is that unclear? I am okay with people wanting to imprint more because they think certain players are town. I just think you should be imprinting because you think a person is town and not because you think more people in general should have imprints.
I've always wanted to imprint more than 1 player, but I wouldn't have voted to imprint him if I didn't think he was town and Buttonmen and limerickx are the two players I have the strongest town reads on at this point.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #34=-

No Lynch (4) - Montana, Iowa, Hawaii, Ohio
Iowa (1) - Kansas

Not Voting (5) - Alaska, Georgia, Florida, Colorado, Virginia

6 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #34=-

Hawaii (6) - Hawaii, Kansas, Ohio, Florida, Montana, Iowa
Florida (6) - Florida, Ohio, Kansas, Colorado, Montana, Hawaii

Montana (3) - Alaska, Iowa, Montana
Georgia (3) - Iowa, Georgia, Ohio
Virginia (2) - Iowa, Alaska
Ohio (1) - Ohio
Iowa (1) - Iowa
Kansas (1) - Alaska
Alaska (1) - Georgia
Colorado (1) - Colorado

6 to imprint.

ALASKA = SerialClergyman
COLORADO = CrashTextDummie
FLORIDA = Limerickx
GEORGIA = Socrates
HAWAII = TheButtonmen
IOWA = xRECKONERx
KANSAS = farside22
MONTANA = Pug89
OHIO = Knight of Cydonia
VIRGINIA = elvis_knits

Florida has received a majority of imprint votes. These votes are now locked in, and Florida will receive an imprint at the end of the day.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Ya, let's no lynch, 2 is enough.
green shirt thursdays
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by Limerickx »

farside22 wrote: If there is a kill there are 2 players to look at. As buttonman already expressed an interest in "vigging" SC I would be looking more closely at him.
But saying this doesn't give anyone *cough* limerick a free pass if there is a death tonight.
Fair enough, I have ZERO intention of using a kill if I were to get one.

Vote: No Lynch
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by Socrates »

Maybe I was speaking a bit absolutist, and when I think about it, I can think of a whole bunch of gambits that they can pull if Limerickx and Button are scum, but when in doubt, I assume conservative scum.

Bleh. I want to say there are scum within the people who have supported suddenly with little reasoning regardless of Limrickx's alignment based on prior experience, but there is also the mitigating factor that this day seems to be dragging without a lynch in sight, and I can see townies getting impatient.

I am ready to end this day. I will continue working on my read during night.

I still want Knight of Cydonia lynched and I would request that any investigations are directed towards him, and RECK's return from VLA has not inspired me in the least.

Is there anything that needs to be discussed before the day is ended?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

So, nobody has mentioned this...

If we're not happy with the way imprints happen, we can always decide to lynch a person to prevent them being imprinted.

I'm not sure I want to go that far at this point.

One reason I'm not sure if I want to do this is because I really like the plan we have going on of "lynch and wait to see the flip before imprinting, then imprint and no-lynch the next day." And throwing a lynch on at this point gums up the works.

I am still not comfortable with the last two imprint votes coming in two back-to-back posts. I guess it's possible that people are just geting impatient, like socrates said.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:28 am

Post by elvis_knits »

-=Imprint Count #34=-

Hawaii (buttonmen)(6) - Hawaii(buttonmen), Kansas(farside), Ohio (KoC), Florida(limerick), Montana(pug), Iowa(reck)
Florida (limerick) (6) - Florida(limerick), Ohio(Koc), Kansas(farside), Colorado(CTD), Montana(pug), Hawaii(buttonmen)[
Of the six people voting for each imprint, we have 5 people occurring on each one:

buttonmen, limerick, KoC, farside, pug

That's pretty interesting that the lists are almost exactly the same.
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:46 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:So, nobody has mentioned this...

If we're not happy with the way imprints happen, we can always decide to lynch a person to prevent them being imprinted.

I'm not sure I want to go that far at this point.

One reason I'm not sure if I want to do this is because I really like the plan we have going on of "lynch and wait to see the flip before imprinting, then imprint and no-lynch the next day." And throwing a lynch on at this point gums up the works.

I am still not comfortable with the last two imprint votes coming in two back-to-back posts. I guess it's possible that people are just geting impatient, like socrates said.
I have serious doubts that both people imprinter are scum. I don't get a scum read from limerick.
buttonman's wishy washy attitude and desire to shot someone doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy but there is only one person I feel scum and he is the only person I would lynch today.
You could just be nervous scum trying to make this proposal to get a townie lynched for all I know. I still see you and reck scum partners so your not exactly a ring endorsment.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:49 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

farside is almost certainly town. I imprinted her and declared her town 5 pages ago and she has not gotten a single imprint since. If she and two scum buddies ignored that gift then she's got amazing self-control.

So now that's clear, farside should convince herself elvis is town and we'll have a scumbusting trio of awesome.

True story.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:54 am

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:farside is almost certainly town. I imprinted her and declared her town 5 pages ago and she has not gotten a single imprint since. If she and two scum buddies ignored that gift then she's got amazing self-control.

So now that's clear, farside should convince herself elvis is town and we'll have a scumbusting trio of awesome.

True story.
If EK actually paid attention to Reck case instead of making saractic comments and proposing people we imprinted may be lynched I would think differently of her.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:58 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:
SerialClergyman wrote:farside is almost certainly town. I imprinted her and declared her town 5 pages ago and she has not gotten a single imprint since. If she and two scum buddies ignored that gift then she's got amazing self-control.

True story.
If EK actually paid attention to Reck case instead of making saractic comments and proposing people we imprinted may be lynched I would think differently of her.
Hey farside, I said reckoner was scum too.
elvis wrote:Reckoner -
1)Wanting imprints before lynches
2)Going with the popular wagons
3)Asking about situation of town getting a vig imprint - setting up a mafia able to make a kill and then claim town vig
4)Saying SC's DNvote was on OBVbus, (which is what VMD said too), as well as other links to VMD (who I also think is scummy)
5)Said farside was "digging herself a hole" which sounds to me like he thinks she is town making herself look bad
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm also not making sarcastic comments...
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:02 am

Post by elvis_knits »

elvis_knits wrote:
-=Imprint Count #34=-

Hawaii (buttonmen)(6) - Hawaii(buttonmen), Kansas(farside), Ohio (KoC), Florida(limerick), Montana(pug), Iowa(reck)
Florida (limerick) (6) - Florida(limerick), Ohio(Koc), Kansas(farside), Colorado(CTD), Montana(pug), Hawaii(buttonmen)[
Of the six people voting for each imprint, we have 5 people occurring on each one:

Also, if I'm just being paranoid, and buttonmen and limerick are both town, I would expect the wagons to be all or mostly town.
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:04 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:I'm also not making sarcastic comments...
elvis_knits wrote:The funny thing about the farside-reck business is that farside also made a dubious switch to starbuck, IMO.
Sorry I had forgotten your comments about Reck. I think it's the lack of vote on it that throws me off.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:06 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I didn't vote him because I thought we were no-lynching. That's all.
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:10 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
-=Imprint Count #34=-

Also, if I'm just being paranoid, and buttonmen and limerick are both town, I would expect the wagons to be all or mostly town.
My problem of the 5 people I find scum only 2 of the players are on each wagon.

KOC - on both imprint wagons
reck - on buttonman
ctd (mostly do to messiah) on limerick's wagon.
Now if buttonman is scum there is the 3 scum left I can lean on more (reck/koc)
If limerick is scum then it would be KOC/CTD

If both are town then I would look at those not imprinting either
SC/EK/Soc
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:11 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:I didn't vote him because I thought we were no-lynching. That's all.
Why would you even suggest lynching someone that was imprinted then?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:15 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I didn't vote him because I thought we were no-lynching. That's all.
Why would you even suggest lynching someone that was imprinted then?
Because I hate buttonmen...

And I don't trust him...

And I didn't like that little quickhammer imprint business.
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”