Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

MrSuave - You are not trying. You haven't done shit since I voted you. At this point it would be more beneficial to the town to mislynch you rather than a scummy, cuz they will keep you around till lylo, and you will make us lose.

Prove me wrong.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Gerhard Krause wrote:MrSuave - You are not trying. You haven't done shit since I voted you. At this point it would be more beneficial to the town to mislynch you rather than a scummy, cuz they will keep you around till lylo, and you will make us lose.

Prove me wrong.
This post seems to imply that you think he's town. What have you seen that would cause you to change your mind?

Deleted a
lot
of duplicate-posts. :P
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:57 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Well, I know who was lagging on this page :P

Mr Suave is a lynch I don't really like right now. It's more of a gut read than anything, but I can tell you that if Suave is town, it's the easiest mislynch they've ever gotten. We still have 6 days until the deadline, and I still REALLY want to hear from 5cvm's replacement before lynching Suave.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:01 am

Post by peanutman »

@mod
, I unvoted on 296. Please update vote count 299 (putting me instead of Unity of course).
Fixed

Also, I meant to vote on my last post but was in a hurry and forgot.
Vote : Raider
, your play up to this point compared to the experience you have doesn't make sense. (according to your wiki, you have played in at least 10 games, though the page seems quite outdated so I assume much more).
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:32 am

Post by raider8169 »

peanutman wrote:
@mod
, I unvoted on 296. Please update vote count 299 (putting me instead of Unity of course).

Also, I meant to vote on my last post but was in a hurry and forgot.
Vote : Raider
, your play up to this point compared to the experience you have doesn't make sense. (according to your wiki, you have played in at least 10 games, though the page seems quite outdated so I assume much more).
No its up to date. I didnt even know I had a wiki page until a little while ago. Sadly the guy who updated it I helped kill in another game. I was away from the site for 7 months due to work reasons and I am just starting back up. My play in this game was just me trying to have some fun but some people didnt like it. I forgot how touchy some people are about ending the random voting stage. I dont take that part seriously at all and it crossed over into the argument that happened during that phase as well. Cant really defend myself anymore then that.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:28 am

Post by xvart »

I'm here. Sorry I needed a prod. I'll answer Peanutman's questions and post some other thoughts later tonight.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:55 am

Post by wolframnhart »

@peanut

Welcome first of all.
Peanut wrote:wolframnhart - liked his second post, clearly is putting effort into the game. However, he seems to be following the town flow since then (looking at 5cvm and mr. suave mostly) and I would like to see him follow up on his "hard to tell reads" on other players, widen this thing up.
That's understandable, and a reasonable request. It's hard not to look at 5cvm or Suave right now, they stand out as the most scummy to me. As far as the people I had hard reads on, one of whom was your replaced person, I will go off of your posts and so far, i really like your in depth look. Hacker huck I am getting good town vibes from at this time. Phantom still isn't posting enough to get a read from, same with Green Crayons.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

@HackerHuck - I meant to imply nothing of the sort. I believe him to be scum at this point, but I aslo wished convey that even just posting a scum list at this point is not going to save him. I intend to lynch him until he modifies his play to such an extent that he rivals Albert B. Rampage in his ability to find scum.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Raider, Kiku, Phantom - Why aren't you voting for anyone?

We got an extension, but you guys should take a stand or at least explain why you don't like the Mr Suave wagon.
PHANTOM
PHANTOM
Goon
PHANTOM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:50 pm

Post by PHANTOM »

I apologize again for being absent in this game. I haven't paid attention to this game the last time I posted, and I still need to work on the second part of my analysis.

I took a quick look back of when I last posted:
MrSuave wrote:le gasp! pressure!
Seemed like you completly ignored about what I wrote about you. So I'll ask it again, who do you think is scum? IIRC, you mentioned some people, but do you have any facts of why you think they are scum?
peanutman wrote:PHANTOM - The biggest lurker in this game up to now. Has focused exclusively on 5cvm until Hacker (if I remember correctly) called him up on it. Has since posted comments on a few player but it all seems forced. Will need to step it up and contribute to this town more effectively.
Noted, and will try to be more active.
HackerHuck wrote:Raider, Kiku, Phantom - Why aren't you voting for anyone?

We got an extension, but you guys should take a stand or at least explain why you don't like the Mr Suave wagon.
My stand is either a MrSuave or 5cvm lynch. As Nacho said, I want to hear from 5cvm's replacement before the day ends.

@mod
: Is there any word on if 5cvm's replacement is going to be ready before the day ends?
I can't guarantee this, but I am trying.

And, I should get my other analysis part up by my next post.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:05 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Vote: Raider

I don't have a problem with the Suave/5cvm wagons.

I do agree with Peanut's assessment of Raider's play not matching his supposed experience. I had mentioned it before, but didn't find it vote worthy. Since then, I don't feel Raider has contributed much at all. Perhaps slinking into the background...
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:41 am

Post by xvart »

peanutman wrote:@xvart, am I correct in thinking you don't feel that Mr Suave or 5cvm are scummy, but rather badly playing townies?
I definitely think 5cvm is scummy. I'm fencesitting on MrSuave, and switched my vote based on his responses to the increased pressure. I was hoping some increased pressure (up to L-2) would get some answers, content, responses, etc. and would be satisfied returning my vote to 5cvm but with the lackluster response by MrSuave I can't tell if he is just a townie who doesn't know what to do to get out of his current predicament or a resigned scum member.
peanutman wrote:If so, who does strike you as scummy currently?
I'm going to keep my vote where it is for now, but I would switch to 5cvm or even raider when the deadline approaches and their responses. I think I was the first one all over raider and my pursuit of him went nowhere; but since others are chiming in now I would be happy to go back and put some more pressure on him. My top clear scum reads are 5cvm and raider.

xvart.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Gerhard Krause »

@Xvart - What did you find scummy about MrSuave in the first place?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:31 am

Post by raider8169 »

kikuchiyo wrote:
Vote: Raider

I don't have a problem with the Suave/5cvm wagons.

I do agree with Peanut's assessment of Raider's play not matching his supposed experience. I had mentioned it before, but didn't find it vote worthy. Since then, I don't feel Raider has contributed much at all. Perhaps slinking into the background...
Lynching me because of my supposed experience? As it is really nothing I can defend other then what I already said your vote is very opportunistic.

@HH I was ok with 5cvm's lynch but I was hoping to her from the replacement. Suave would be the backup lynch in my opinion depending on 5cvm's replacement. If it was not for the replacement part my vote would be on 5cvm.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:15 am

Post by xvart »

Gerhard Krause wrote:@Xvart - What did you find scummy about MrSuave in the first place?
I initially did not like his "happy New Year" post, especially when he had not commented on the vote on him, nor provided any discussion. He did not mention anything of the sort about posting later. It appeared to be an obvious posting as not to get prodded or possibly active lurking. Then, when another vote (or couple votes, can't remember) were placed on him the only thing he said was "le gasp." So I put my vote on him to put him at L-2, which I was comfortable doing to see if that would make him take the votes more seriously. As I've said, I'm not sure if he is resigned scum now that he has so many votes or just a townie who doesn't know how to get out of the place he is in.

xvart.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

xvart wrote:I initially did not like his "happy New Year" post, especially when he had not commented on the vote on him, nor provided any discussion. He did not mention anything of the sort about posting later. It appeared to be an obvious posting as not to get prodded or possibly active lurking. Then, when another vote (or couple votes, can't remember) were placed on him the only thing he said was "le gasp." So I put my vote on him to put him at L-2, which I was comfortable doing to see if that would make him take the votes more seriously. As I've said, I'm not sure if he is resigned scum now that he has so many votes or just a townie who doesn't know how to get out of the place he is in.
Really now? So the original scum tells that started this wagon in the first place had nothing to do with it? I find that very interesting indeed.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by Budja »

Votecount5 - MrSuave: (Gerhard Krause, Nachomamma8, HackerHuck, wolframnhart, xvart)
2 - raider8169: (peanutman, kikuchiyo)
1 - Slaxx: (Green Crayons)
1 - Nachomamma8: (MrSuave)
Not Voting: Slaxx, raider8169, PHANTOM

With
alive it will take
to lynch.

Deadline:
15th January 10pm AEST.

Slaxx replaces 5cvm
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by Slaxx »

First of all, howdy! I'm replacing 5cvm. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute more to discussion. I'll go ahead and give my opinions of everybody:

Gerhard Krause: The L3 incident at the beginning of the game was kind of odd, but the way he is questioning Suave and trying to get everyone to participate in discussion gives me a general protown read on him.

Green Canyons: Hasn't posted in a while, but from his ISO I get a general protown vibe. He, like Gerhard, tries to incorporate everyone in the scumhunt. I don't see any posts where he has really derailed discussion or said anything suspicious. Generally protown read.

Hacker Huck: Another protown read. He's not asking as many questions as the other two but puts valuable input into his posts. I like his last post trying to enourage a full voting roster.

Kikuchiyo: Once again asking good questions. I agree with his dual bandwagon stance (which now has been discontinued for one on Mr. Suave). I'm going to give another protown read.

Mr. Suave: Finally an antitown read. Haha. He either really doesn't care about the game or he is just playing terrible scum (Of course, this same logic could be used for my predecessor, as people have been saying). He's had a whopping 13 posts, 9 of them being 1 line or less. I'm waiting for a response before a vote, as many others are. Regardless of scum or not he is for sure antitown and someone we dont want making it too far into the gane, especially in incidence of lylo.

Nachomamma: Mostly prowtown read. Seems to be protown through most of the ISO, but makes a petty excuse about misreading Gerhard's posting history. I agree with him, though, that it might be too early for a Suave lynch. I want to hear from him before I cast a vote.

Unity/Peanutman: Not really enough to read yet, Unity seemed like a terrible lurker, and followed bandwagons pretty easily. I have to give an anti-town read for now though due to her lack of contribtion.

Phantom: Slight protown leaning. Not very active, but from what he does post it seems he has town interests. I definitely want to see more posting from him though.

Raider: I'm not totally for sure what to think. His logic is pretty flawed and every time someone confronts him he doesn't really give answers that have satisfied me. Hasn't added much new to discussion. Slight scum read.

Wolf: A good second post. As peanut said though, general contribution went down and he became a follower. I want him to talk more to give a better read. At this point Neutral.

Xvart: General protown read. No red flags are going up in my head and he is fairly active in the scumhunting.

Thanks to the shananigans of my predecessor I'm sure you guys have plenty of questions for me, so fire away. I'll do the best I can.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I don't think Slaxx can really do much before deadline to convince me he's town, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt today (as long as he doesn't do anything scummy). I think Mr Suave is looking like a good lynch today, so I'm happy with my vote.

Is there a case on Raider that doesn't rest solely on his experienced/inexperienced contradiction?
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:03 am

Post by MrSuave »

Gerhard Krause wrote:MrSuave - You are not trying. You haven't done shit since I voted you. At this point it would be more beneficial to the town to mislynch you rather than a scummy, cuz they will keep you around till lylo, and you will make us lose.

Prove me wrong.
I don't know about that. I mean I've been around at Lylo and did get the win for the town :D
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:42 am

Post by peanutman »

Unvote
Vote : MrSuave

He is proving to be a distraction in my eyes more than anything else. Blatant anti-town play, not contributing at all to the discussion, answering one-liners to some of the less important questions. Regardless of his alignment, he is hurting the town. If he isn't lynched today, and he continues to play as he is, he will only distract us from our task of scum-hunting and generating helpful discussions.

---

@Slaxx,

Looking at your first post, your three negative reads are on the top 2 vote-getters and me, because my predecessor dropped out due to lack of motivation. Your post seems big and informative but I don't really see anything new. You also fail to follow up on your reads by asking questions to specific people. After reading it, I see it more as a cautious summary of the game than anything else. There's also your use of words like "slight", "general" and "mostly" that seem to give your reads nuance, but I just don't buy it. It might just be my general feeling towards those types of posts, but I don't feel your first foray into the game was very helpful. I might just be overly critical but I'd like to see more pro-activeness on your part.

I also assume that you would vote Mr Suave but were waiting for an answer on his part, correct?
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:43 am

Post by peanutman »

EBWOP
Unvote
Vote : MrSuave

Now he's at L-1.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:35 am

Post by HackerHuck »

So Peanut, do you really think Mr Suave is scum or are you just voting for him because he's not helpful?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:08 am

Post by Slaxx »

peanutman wrote:
---

@Slaxx,

Looking at your first post, your three negative reads are on the top 2 vote-getters and me, because my predecessor dropped out due to lack of motivation. Your post seems big and informative but I don't really see anything new. You also fail to follow up on your reads by asking questions to specific people. After reading it, I see it more as a cautious summary of the game than anything else. There's also your use of words like "slight", "general" and "mostly" that seem to give your reads nuance, but I just don't buy it. It might just be my general feeling towards those types of posts, but I don't feel your first foray into the game was very helpful. I might just be overly critical but I'd like to see more pro-activeness on your part.

I also assume that you would vote Mr Suave but were waiting for an answer on his part, correct?
Correct. And I'm a little confused. Is it the adjectives that make my post suspicious, my opinions, or both?
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:16 am

Post by peanutman »

It's using things like "slight town read" or "general town read" which seem to convey nuances in the reads but, let's be honest, at D1, can we really differentiate people that much? I don't think so. We can keep in mind certain actions which seem off, and take note of how people react, the way people say things, but on D1 to arbitrarily state that someone is townier because of them than another doesn't seem genuine to me. It's like trying hard to list all the players at the beginning of the game when it is neither necessarily or useful. I'd rather read someone's take on everyone and list their "game notes" instead of having a list of them, and reading that one is "townier" than the other. But this might be my meta-approach to the game that is developping more than anything. I'm not saying it's a tell necessarily, just not very useful IMO.

Slaxx, you also said you were waiting for a response from MrSuave before voting. He has made one post since. I know he is now at L-1 so your vote does take on a slightly different dimension than when he was at L-2, but do you believe he will be more forthcoming with info than his last post? Is that enough for you to lynch him?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”