manho ( 1 ) Annachie
TonyMontana ( 0 )
Annachie ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 12 )

With 12 alive, 7 needed to lynch.
Next Lynch Available at: January 9th 00:00 EST
Lynch Will Be: No Lynch

Bigmc wrote:Does this mean I support hanging someone right now and ceasing discussion?
Rules wrote:2. At the end of 7 days, the last player to receive a majority will be lynched.
A majority doesn't end the day, the deadline does.
I try not to sign things. It just encourages people.
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by bigmc109 »

I know, my point was that I didn't think we should rush to a majority just so we have someone set-up.
Show
[b]Record: 2-1
[color=green]Town: 1-0[/color]
[color=red]Mafia: 1-1[/color]
Other: 0-0[/b]

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

bigmc109 wrote:I know, my point was that I didn't think we should rush to a majority just so we have someone set-up.
Annachie wrote:
Bigmc wrote:Does this mean I support hanging someone right now and
ceasing discussion?
Explain
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by don_johnson »

sb wrote:I agree with bigmc that trying to setup lynches so fast is scummy. And thus, Elli eagerness to lynch is scummy. We don't know for sure the recharge time of the mafia NK, and thus, rushing lynches for the sake of lynching is not good. And Elli has done nothing but support that. Also, the omgusing against bigmc doesn't help either.
who exactly is trying to set up lynches fast? i read the thread and didn't get that impression. elli's posts have been protown.

196 seems like a big waste of space. exactly what is snowbunny doing for us?

snowbunny: would you consider yourself "eager" to lynch Elli? if not, who do you propose as a deadline wagon? or do you think a no lynch or weak wagon is better for town?

annachie: i thought it would be redundant to both vote for bigmc
and
include him on my list. not sure why you would choose to interpret it that way, but whatever.
bigmc wrote: I'm not so sure Mal is a good candidate for a lynch. His post does come off as a little scummy, but his vote and reasons do not.
bigmc, if it wasn't his vote or his reasons, what about the post "comes off scummy"?
bigmac wrote:DRK does seem to support the policy of lynching someone as quickly as possible, which is scummy even with the time limit. That being said, I do think we've had adequate discussion today to decide on a lynch.
so... you can think there's been enough discussion, but drk cannot? this just doesn't flow. i agree that drk is most likely scum, but not because he is trying to lynch people.
bigmojo wrote:In my mind, Elli and DRK are the scummiest. It's my interpretation that they're trying to mask the fact that want a lynch ASAP with the week long "deadline". It works to scum's advantage, because as soon as suspicion mounts on anyone, scum can jump in without much fear of being criticized, because "they had to before the deadline expired".
i disagree. without working hard, scum can run misdirection and manipulate the wagons more subtly. the bigger the wagon, the more info for town. players just chiming in because of deadline without previous input should be lynched next. participation is key.
bigmostaccioli wrote: Scum can be a lot more pushy in this game, and I think we should keep our eyes on anyone who pushes a little too much.
in other words, "lets all lurk"?
bigscum wrote:I still support Elli's lynch over DRK's. Elli seemed a lot more anxious to get CSL out of the way with almost no reason (the policy lynch thing barely counts).
really? elli over drk? the guy with solid and sound reasoning over the selfvoter and joke poster?

drk is looking like a solid lynch.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by Annachie »

bigmc109 wrote:I know, my point was that I didn't think we should rush to a majority just so we have someone set-up.
We are also in the (almost) unique position of not having to worry about hitting a majority and ending the discussion early, so there is no reason, besides claims I suppose, to hold off from voting.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Bogre »

don_johnson wrote:
bigmac wrote:DRK does seem to support the policy of lynching someone as quickly as possible, which is scummy even with the time limit. That being said, I do think we've had adequate discussion today to decide on a lynch.
so... you can think there's been enough discussion, but drk cannot? this just doesn't flow. i agree that drk is most likely scum, but not because he is trying to lynch people.
I think bigmc means DRK has been trying to get a quicklynch. Wouldn't stop him from thinking that there is enough discussion to go on at the moment, but I dislike that it is a fence-sitting post that says 'Hey guys, I'm okay with a lynch now, but uh, we could discuss some things too."

As for Malcasp- he was really reactionary against DRK, at the same time suggesting to essentially policy lynch DRK without any explanation- in that doing exactly what he was accusing DRK of, setting up lynches.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

/prod pickup

Comfortable with my vote
don_johnson wrote:who exactly is trying to set up lynches fast? i read the thread and didn't get that impression. elli's posts have been protown.
elli started off the game by proposing we put a majority on CSL instantly.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by don_johnson »

TonyMontana wrote: elli started off the game by proposing we put a majority on CSL instantly.
true. but when read in the context of being in a game with real time mechanics, the motivation certainly seemed protown. also, the majority would only matter if town couldn't find a lynch candidate. as i recall the proposal was to create a "back-up" lynch based on policy. a literally interpreted policy lynch is "quick" by nature, so adding the word "quick" to the accusation at all just seems like an attempt to place more suspicion than is warranted on an otherwise harmless suggestion.

i feel that the arguments against drk and elli should have their own life and not be boxed into "quick-lynching", which is an accusation used by scum more often than town.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:58 pm

Post by Annachie »

I'm reasonably happy with Elli's reasoning. I don't think his policy lynching idea was particulary scummy, though I don't like it.
DRK however seemed dead keen to rush through a lynch on anybody as a default, and along with other things, that I find somewhere between anti-town and outright scummy. If DRK gets flipped, and flips scummy then I would say Elli needs re-visiting due to some aparent voting patterns, and following the default lynch idea.

My main worry, as I think I said earlier in the thread, that if there had been a rushed default lynch set up, it would prevent a real lynch from occuring and that the default lynch's flip would have provided little to no evidence.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Post by Annachie »

*Ebwop, Elli's actions, not reasonings. Damn (my) kids.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:33 am

Post by manho »

Annachie wrote:My main worry, as I think I said earlier in the thread, that if there had been a rushed default lynch set up, it would prevent a real lynch from occuring and that the default lynch's flip would have provided little to no evidence.
i think that's the reason why some of us are pushing for a really quick policy default lynch so that we can have the rest of the day discussing the real lynch.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:02 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

don_johnson wrote:
TonyMontana wrote: elli started off the game by proposing we put a majority on CSL instantly.
true. but when read in the context of being in a game with real time mechanics, the motivation certainly seemed protown. also, the majority would only matter if town couldn't find a lynch candidate. as i recall the proposal was to create a "back-up" lynch based on policy. a literally interpreted policy lynch is "quick" by nature, so adding the word "quick" to the accusation at all just seems like an attempt to place more suspicion than is warranted on an otherwise harmless suggestion.
Pro-town? Setting up the lynch of a player, who has done nothing yet, in case we can't find someone "better" is pro-town for you? I do not believe that lynching just for the sake of meeting a 7-day deadline is pro-town.
don_johnson wrote: 196 seems like a big waste of space. exactly what is snowbunny doing for us?
I'm hunting scum. What are you doing?
Funny, this seems like you are trying to discredit me in order to make me back off from Elli. Huh.
don_johnson wrote:snowbunny: would you consider yourself "eager" to lynch Elli? if not, who do you propose as a deadline wagon? or do you think a no lynch or weak wagon is better for town?
I am not "eager". But I do find Elli suspicious. Again, I do not propose anyone as a deadline wagon. I prefer town waits a couple of day more if needed than just lynching for the sake of meeting the deadline.

FoS: DJ

If Elli flips up scum, I'll be looking for you.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:43 am

Post by don_johnson »

so, in other words, snowbunny, you would rather "no lynch", and let mafia use their nk instead of setting up a deadline lynch?

i need you to clarify this as i am not sure how this could possibly benefit town. and yes, i think elli's actions were protown. securing a deadline lynch is one of town's most important jobs on day 1.

i don't care if you back off of elli. he seems to be able to handle himself just fine. i am questioning you becuase you seem to be playing "misdirection", which is exactly what i would expect scum to do in a game like this.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:58 am

Post by don_johnson »

hm. seems i may be a bit off track. i just read the rules and realize what you are saying. sorry snowbunny. i need to reread elli. thing is, i have read CSL and have no problem setting him up as a policy lynch. i still think drk's actions read way scummier than anything elli has produced, but i want to iso him to be sure. snowbunny is off my list.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:24 am

Post by bigmc109 »

@DJ: What good reasoning? Saying CSL should be lynched because he plays anti-town in some games is NOT good reasoning. It's reasoning which will more likely than not lose a pro-town player with no info coming from it.

As for Mal, the part of his first post that came off as a bit scummy was the last part where he says he wants a hammer, not a claim. You know....the one part you didn't list....
[quote=DJ]bigmc, if it wasn't his vote or his reasons, what about the post "comes off scummy"?[/quote]

When did i even remotely indicate "let's all lurk"? I said we should keep our eye on those who are too pushy. In no world does that even come close to "let's all lurk".
Show
[b]Record: 2-1
[color=green]Town: 1-0[/color]
[color=red]Mafia: 1-1[/color]
Other: 0-0[/b]

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:42 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

@DJ
You've seen my scum meta twice. Can you honestly say my scum meta is even remotely similar to this? (WIFOM, yes, but there was no one in the game who'd seen me as scum before at the start of the game)
SB wrote: I'm hunting scum.
I'm sorry; I must have missed it. I could have sworn you were just throwing an occasional question Elli's way.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Annachie »

DJ wrote:I have read CSL and have no problem setting him up as a policy lynch.
Do you want to clarify? Read him in this game, read him in others, policy lynch him in general?, Policy lynch him in this game specifically? Policy lynch him right now?
DRK wrote:I'm sorry; I must have missed it. I could have sworn you were just throwing an occasional question Elli's way.
Questions and votes. Combined with Elli and you seeming to follow each other ie:"Vote CSL as per Elli's reasoning" and I have to wonder what you really have against SB. Or is it for the Lurking as you said.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Can we not answer for Snow_bunny please?
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

BIGMC wrote:Saying CSL should be lynched because he plays anti-town in
all
games
is
a good reasoning. It's reasoning which will more likely than not lose a
player that more likely than not will hurt the town
Editted.
And if you want to see more of his recent shenanigans: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 27#2002527
I have no sympathy for someone that fakeclaims a town power role as town in an open settup.

Unvote, Vote mal

Lurkerscum needs to die.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Juls »

Snow Bunny, the point of making sure we lynch at the pseudo-deadline is the same as not choosing to no lynch. Because that is essentially what you are doing if you go beyond deadline. You are saying...here you go scum...here's a free day!

However, in my opinion, policy is NOT the way to choose a default lynch especially now that we have some candidates (ironically his replacement is one of those candidates).

With three days until "deadline" I will likely be sticking with DRK but mal/CSL has solidified as a backup choice for me.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Plumegranate
Plumegranate
Goon
Plumegranate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Plumegranate »

Pro-town? Setting up the lynch of a player, who has done nothing yet, in case we can't find someone "better" is pro-town for you? I do not believe that lynching just for the sake of meeting a 7-day deadline is pro-town.
But not taking advantage of an additional town-directed kill would not be useful.
Juls wrote:With three days until "deadline" I will likely be sticking with DRK but mal/CSL has solidified as a backup choice for me.
Juls summarizes my thoughts exactly. SB comes next.

Elli isn't on my list (IDK, it might still be on my other fruit's) because he seems pro-town, but I still think the policy lynch idea was scummy, and I'm not forgetting it.
This is a Plum + Pomegranate alt.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

So, you are saying that you better weak-lynch someone than wait a bit more to gain more info and thus possibly get a better lynch? I am not against lynching every 7 days, btw. I am against lynching for the sake of lynching. In fact, I'm all on an Elli or DRK lynch, but policy lynching just to meet a deadline is not good. That town-directed kill will likely end up harming more town than scum.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by zoraster »

Flareonage replaces malpascp. Hopefully that'll be the last replacement I have to make as I'm confident in everyone else's ability to stay active here, and I think we've lost the inactives.

Remember, if you have to be away, let me know and I'll put you on V/LA. It's not a big deal.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Flareonage »

I was gonna vote CSL and then I realized that I'm CSL /fail

VOTE: DRK

Partly random, partly OMGUS
Flareonage