MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by MrSuave »

okay, so I'm at L-2 because of my odd comment. other than that, why are people voting me?
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by MrSuave »

wait, I see now. it's because I said happy new years AND said le gaspe. why did it upset you to see only one vote on me before mama?
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Do you think 5cvm is scum?
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Budja »

Looking for a replacement for 5cvm too unless he posts first.
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by MrSuave »

well, I don't really have an opinion on him really. I think I remember some pursuasive comments said against him, but I don't really think much of him atm.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

The usual response to being at L-2 is to defend yourself. Just saying.
MrSuave wrote:okay, so I'm at L-2 because of my odd comment. other than that, why are people voting me?
The burden of proof is on you at the moment, not on us. Part of the reason people are voting you is for lurking. If you want to not be lynched, convince me.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Gerhard Krause wrote:The burden of proof is on you at the moment, not on us. Part of the reason people are voting you is for lurking. If you
want to not be lynched
are town, convince me.
Fixed.

When faced with the prospect of a lynch, it's always a good idea to not be so introspective. Even if you don't feel like you can defend against the case on you, try to do a little scumhunting or at least get your opinions out in the open. You might uncover a better wagon or at least give the other townies some nuggets to work with on the following day. The absolute wrong thing for a town to do is shut down and lurk.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:41 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

@HackerHuck - Accepted, thank you.

@MrSuave - Show me a better lynch and I'll take it. If you want to go after Kiku or Nacho I'm happy to listen. I would love to be wagoning kiku right now, but I don't feel I have sufficient influence in the town to shift it's opinion so dramatically, though it seems I succeeded with you.

So here you go, I'll give you an out.

1) Tell me why I shouldn't lynch you.
2) Convince me someone else is scum.

If your points are valid I'll take it.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:53 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Iso'd Mr. Suave and find him an acceptable lynch. He contradicts himself early on with this:
Mr. Suave wrote:if by chance you had gone to L-2/1 I would have gotten off, and stated that there was something up.
Here he defends putting a player to L-3 by stating that he would hop off at L-1
or
L-2. perfectly acceptable play imo. But then:
Mr. Suave wrote:why didn't I unvote to be safe? I was pretty sure that the other person was right about it not being L-1, but I was just wanting to be sure; and everyone was pretty much voting, so was betting that no one(more like no ones, because if you were not at L-1 then one person could not hammer) would just randomly hammer someone. that's all.
If you weren't sure it was L-1, then it had to cross your mind that it might have been L-2. You earlier stated that that was where you'd hop off. But you didn't. Its not terribly scummy, but your inability to provide content is what's going to get you hung. Other than these early, contradictory comments, you have done nothing. If you are trying to be a lightning rod for scum by actively lurking, you should realize that that in itself, is anti-town. Yet you persist. If you are town, you are giving us a really shitty bandwagon on day 1.
Mr. Suave wrote: from my experience, policy lynches are never good. I've been told that many times, from many different people, and in several games. so I am against such shinanigans.
If policy lynches are "never good", then why are you trying to be one? It has been made clear to you by several players that town requires content from your slot and yet you continue to not contribute. Its hard to read anyone hopping on your wagon at this point due to this issue. Do you have opinions on anyone?
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Deadline's in 3 days, guys. Don't forget that fact. Waiting for replacements to check in.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Nice avatar
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by Budja »

Well I have to get some first. I am willing to extend the deadline if you deem it necessary.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:27 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I would prefer a deadline extension. A fresh set of eyes on the game is always welcomed.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Please let us have a deadline extension...

One that is preferably a week or more?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:06 am

Post by raider8169 »

An extension would be good.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 am

Post by wolframnhart »

agreed, extension please.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Ok with the extension. I need some more time anyway.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Let's wait and see how long it takes to get replacements, but I don't think it should be a week.

If we're going to get an extension, I'd like people to actually use the time to post. I'm a little worried that we're going to get a few extra days, but no extra content.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

I'm cool with the extension, but the replacements
will post.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by Budja »

..and the deadline is extended.
New Deadline: January 15th
(this will not be extended so be active)

Also, peanutman replaces Unity.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:46 am

Post by raider8169 »

Welcome peanutman!
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 am

Post by peanutman »

So I've had a chance to catch up on most of the day (started reading before mod confirmed me as replacement). I will post my thoughts on the game up to now as well as ask a few questions of my own this evening. Until then,
unvote
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by peanutman »

I will start by sharing my first impressions on everyone followed by a few targeted questions. (sorry for the long post, though it is my first one, and my others will hopefully be more specific about someone or something).

raider8169 - I sense some lurking on his part. I also remember someone saying he might be playing the part of a clueless townie though he is experienced and I would have to agree because the false dilemma issue seemed plainly obvious to me when I first read it. Also his iso24 ("I have a hard time reading most of this thread") where he talks about people posting walls of texts irks me because I have trouble seeing an experienced player make that kind of comment, because I am sure he has played in similar games before. I don't know why, and I'm not sure if it's a scum-tell but I really get the feeling he is trying to make us underestimate him. I'll keep a close eye on him.

HackerHuck - Get the feeling he has a strong head on his shoulders, thinks quite logically and rationally. Would like to see a bit more proactivity in the scum-hunting because I think it could be quite beneficial to the town, but I know there isn't that much to go on in D1.

MrSuave - Get the feeling he's not very much into this game, not looking to defend himself, even when the spotlight is directly on him. I agree that he has tried to lurk the attention of him which does unsettle me, but his non-chalant attitude seems more anti-town than scum to me. However, I would have no qualms seeing him lynched today because he isn't contributing in any way.

kikuchiyo - In the later stages of this day, seems to have taken the town lead (i.e. posting a lot, promoting the 2 wagon scenario). As much as this is helpful in organizing the town, it is also allowing others to go unnoticed (i.e. Unity, my predecessor, barely posted but no one really said much about it). Let's not get too focused on Day 1. On another note, I completely agree with the false dilemma she raised (as well as it not being scummy on raider's part but rather a null-tell mistake) but she seems to have pushed it too far for a simple mistake. I realize that 5cvm and Raider fail to see the error, but I feel you are trying too hard to gain points when you could've just dropped it.

wolframnhart - liked his second post, clearly is putting effort into the game. However, he seems to be following the town flow since then (looking at 5cvm and mr. suave mostly) and I would like to see him follow up on his "hard to tell reads" on other players, widen this thing up.

5cvm - Get the feeling that he is a townie looking to shake things up in a quite unorthodox manner. That being said, he is a liability to the town at end-game so would like to see him go before then.

PHANTOM - The biggest lurker in this game up to now. Has focused exclusively on 5cvm until Hacker (if I remember correctly) called him up on it. Has since posted comments on a few player but it all seems forced. Will need to step it up and contribute to this town more effectively.

Nachomamma8 - Has already had two "heated debates" with Gerhard Krause that haven't really seemed that important in my eyes. However, he noticed that Mr Suave only had 1 vote on him even though pressure was mounting, so is certainly following this game well. Would like to see him widen his scope, and not tunnel so much on certain players (i.e. Gerhard debates).

xvart - I get the feeling he his keeping tabs on everyone and following up on questions. Would like to hear about his other suspicions though, since I get the feeling he isn't feeling a scummy vibe from 5cvm or Mr Suave but wouldn't mind getting read of useless players.

Green Crayons - Get the feeling he doesn't want to rock the boat too much. Is supporting a 5cvm or Mr Suave lynch but feels quite strongly about Raider. I would rather see a player stand and out strongly pursue someone who isn't in the main spotlight than just go with the flow, and look ahead to following days to scum-hunt his prime suspect.

Gerhard Krause - Seems quite emotionally involved in the game (hence the two tirades with Nacho). I like that he turned his attention towards kiku even if it was against the regular flow of the game. However, I had the comments about "not having enough influence to persuade". I feel that the merit of an argument should be in how it is constructed, not by who says it. So please, follow through with your kiku case rather than sheepishly step aside until you get more political capital.

@ Mr. Suave, even if you feel the case against you doesn't need defending, you should scum-hunt and contribute positively.
@xvart, am I correct in thinking you don't feel that Mr Suave or 5cvm are scummy, but rather badly playing townies? If so, who does strike you as scummy currently?
@Raider, do you feel it is unjustified for me to think that you are dumbing down your play? Because I fail to see how you don't understand that the "5cvm or Nacho is scum" is a false dilemma (i.e. they weren't the only options).
@Green Crayons, if you feel that Raider is a strong suspect, why not pursue that rather than stick with 5cvm?
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by MrSuave »

I am trying, but I'm not very good at it ^_^;;
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Post by Budja »

Votecount5 - MrSuave: (Gerhard Krause, Nachomamma8, HackerHuck, wolframnhart, xvart)
1 - 5cvm: (Green Crayons)
1 - Nachomamma8: (MrSuave)
Not Voting: peanutman, 5cvm, raider8169, kikuchiyo, PHANTOM

With
alive it will take
to lynch.

Deadline:
15th January 10pm AEST.

xvart and PHANTOM are being prodded.
Last edited by Budja on Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”