Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Limerickx »

SerialClergyman wrote:The (possible) reason why you're that high on the imprint list (exlcusing even the possibility you are scum and have scummates on your imprint wagon) is that since you've done nothing controversial and never accused an innocent, noone has something that sticks in their mind about you being scummy.
Except for you right? I also said I suspect xRECK, as another note, and if xRECK, then Pug moves up my list too.

Also, I never said my answer wasn't applicable to both town and scum. I know it is, but that doesn't mean its not the reason I'd want to be imprinted. It is. I was really just curious as to your opinion. If I was looking to solicit votes, trust me, you wouldn't be the first person I'd turn to.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:Farside, look back through my big, massive iso and find all the times I've called you scum, or said you were likely to be scum. Or even something where I've said I don't like you or don't want you imprinted.

I get the distinct impression you a) dislike me, b) think I have a fundamental difference to you and c) have trouble thinking that I can compartmentalise different opinions.
(a)I don't dislike you. (b) I think I feel people are indifferent to my opinion
(c) doesn't listen to others. IE see (b)
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by farside22 »

On a total unrelated note my sarcasm goes over SC's head. :P
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Farside - To be honest, a lot of your joke-y posts only really irritate me, and maybe that's where I'm getting it. When you say stuff like hell is freezing over, or please can the mod give you an aspirin or all of that stuff, I get the feeling like I'm trying to have a conversation with you and you keep turning around and appealing to the audience in a theatrical manner going 'Hey, can you BELIEVE this guy??'

Do you know what I mean? It makes it hard for me to try to connect with you.

I actually listen to your opinion a lot. I'm not sure what I'm not doing that you want me to be doing to feel like your opinion is noted. I'm obviously only going to use it as part of a tapestry of opinion from everyone else in the game, but even something like my opinion on VMD has changed purely from other people's points, including your own.

I think you're town, I want you to have an imprint. This is not actually a gigantic departure from anything I've written the entire game, and shouldn't be particularly unexpected.

Limerick - Yes, but as you can see, I'm a bit of a natural exception to most rulesi n this game :roll:. Also, Socrates, I suppose called you on it. Suspecting XreckX is not exactly an unusual thing these days. The support for his lynch has grown dramatically since the start of the day.

Out of curiosity, why turn to me at all then? If it wasn't to solicit my vote, why does my opinion on the subject matter?
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:35 pm

Rrggh ambiguity. That was supposed to be (only really) irritate me, not only (really irritate) me.

If I were to reprhase, I'd say "they only serve to slightly irritate me"\

@all - I've raised my own curiosity. Who here would be not voting Reck if we were voting right now?
I'm old now.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by Limerickx »

I asked for your opinion because if there is ONE thing which I could count on, it was a 'real' answer. I usually disagree with your opinion, but at least I do so FOR A REASON.

Was I late on the xRECK bandwagon? I don't recall that being the case, but I could be wrong.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:49 pm

I think you were, from memory, but I also could be wrong. Also, how late is late?
I asked for your opinion because if there is ONE thing which I could count on, it was a 'real' answer.
Why?
I'm old now.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by Socrates »

I'd vote KOC over Reck right now, personally.

His posts have been big stinking piles of donkey doo doo and his predecessor gave off my favorite scum tell for games of this style.

The case on Reck has merit, and there certainly is no exclusivity to my knowledge between those two, but I would want KOC lynched first.

Admittedly, this could be just because I haven't seen RECK post yet, out of sight and all that jazz.

Still want that scum list from RECK.

As far as imprints go, my discussions with Limerickx has only reinforced my town read on SC, but beyond him, I have tentative town reads on other players (Elvis, Farside) but nothing strong enough to justify an imprint vote.

imprint: SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:06 pm

Ok, so I'm looking at D3 because IIRC most people's argument is Reck's weird D2 switch.

716 Messiah says Reck reminded him about imprints.
718 Button calls Messiah on not paying attn to thread given button had specifically mentioned it at the end of D2.

698 elvis says Reck is an alternate choice for scum. (lists 3 others she thinks are actual scum.
763 farside says that she doens't care for reck's turnaround.
782 SC posts case on Reck based on turnaround of opinion
801 Plum says my summary of Reck is disheartening and sees how similar Messiah and Reck are in their voting patterns.
847 CTD replaces Messiah and adds Reck to his scumlist as third behind VMD and SC.
856 Limerick says he doesn't like Reck, and links to pug.

So I count the first three to suspect were elvis, farside and myself (three of my biggest town reads coincidentally), then there were Plum and CTD, then finally yourself. So you were 6th, which isn't exactly that early, tbh.
I'm old now.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by Limerickx »

Why?
Because as I told Soc, if I agreed with your crazy logic half the time, Id be a lot more comfortable with you. You aren't here to make friends, you're here to tell people your reads, and why you think they are right.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by Limerickx »

Also, fair enough on the xRECK list, color me incorrect.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Arg. I really actually don't like this bit.

First of all, this:
I asked for your opinion because if there is ONE thing which I could count on, it was a 'real' answer.
is an odd thing to say to someone who is (unless things have changed) your second highest suspect for scum. It's a vaugely odd thing to say to anyone who you aren't sure of their alignment, but it's REALLY odd to say to someone you suspect as being scum, because that's the LAST thing you can expect from scum.

But then when answering why, saying this:
Because as I told Soc, if I agreed with your crazy logic half the time, Id be a lot more comfortable with you.
You aren't here to make friends, you're here to tell people your reads, and why you think they are right.
What does that second half describe, town or scum? I understand that you are saying you are town who doens't know my alignment but disagrees with me enough that you are worried I'm scum, but disagreement over most things shouldn't lead to thinking someone is scum, and your description of me as someone who gives real opinions, isn't here to make friends and instead pushes his reads and reasoning for those reads REALLY DO NOT DESCRIBE SCUM.

*uneasy*.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:35 pm

Also, the Reck list was done not to disprove your assertion but more because it is good info, I don't think being incorrect about your place on the suspicion line is a scum or town tell. It wasn't meant to be a gotcha moment.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

pretty sure the asprin comment was in another game.
I was trying to tease to alleviate hard feelings it's just the way I am.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:47 pm

lol OK.

And you're right, the aspirin comment was, my bad.

Teasing I'm good with, but it doesn't seem directed at me, it seems directed at 'everyone who is watching and agreeing'. Do you get what I mean by that?

Anyways - you're in my top 3 town list. How does it feel to be on top of that particular mountain? :P
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:lAnyways - you're in my top 3 town list. How does it feel to be on top of that particular mountain? :P
it's about freeking time! :lol:
See joke... can't say you're on my town list but your not on my top 3 scum list. Your under the uncertain category.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by Limerickx »

I have no idea why being interested in your particular opinion is suspicious to you. You're putting a ton of words in my mouth that come from nowhere, so it kind of hard to respond to things you say in response to things I never asserted. Woo.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:02 pm

It's not that you're interested in my opinion - it's WHY you are interested in my opinion. Why do you think someone who you think is likely scum will answer your question honestly?
I'm old now.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by Limerickx »

Are you saying that because I think you're scummy I can't ask you anything because I want to hear your opinion on it?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Nope, I'm saying it's odd that you would expect an honest answer from someone you think is scum.
I'm old now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@ Serial
; The logic your suggesting makes no sense; Questioning people your unsure of isn't a bad thing, it forces them to publicly state things and the more scum lies the better as it helps you catch them.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:44 am

Post by Limerickx »

SerialClergyman wrote:Nope, I'm saying it's odd that you would expect an honest answer from someone you think is scum.
Where did I say honest?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:30 am

Post by farside22 »

soc wrote:I'd vote KOC over Reck right now, personally.
Why do you feel this way? What did KOC say that leans more scum over Reck?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:37 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #32=-

No Lynch (4) - Montana, Iowa, Hawaii, Ohio
Iowa (1) - Kansas

Not Voting (5) - Alaska, Georgia, Florida, Colorado, Virginia

6 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #32=-

Hawaii (6) - Hawaii, Kansas, Ohio, Florida, Montana, Iowa

Florida (3) - Florida, Ohio, Kansas
Montana (3) - Alaska, Iowa, Montana
Georgia (3) - Iowa, Georgia, Ohio
Virginia (2) - Iowa, Alaska
Ohio (1) - Ohio
Iowa (1) - Iowa
Kansas (1) - Alaska
Alaska (1) - Georgia
Colorado (0)

6 to imprint.

ALASKA = SerialClergyman
COLORADO = CrashTextDummie
FLORIDA = Limerickx
GEORGIA = Socrates
HAWAII = TheButtonmen
IOWA = xRECKONERx
KANSAS = farside22
MONTANA = Pug89
OHIO = Knight of Cydonia
VIRGINIA = elvis_knits

-=xRECKONERx has been prodded=-
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Sorry guys - 21st birthday and all, the festivities are still going on. Anyway, I feel completely idiotic because
I still don't know who the fuck is scum
. I know Limerickx gives me town vibes, so does CrashTextDummie, they both seem like they're trying to do genuine scumhunting, even if I hate wal o' text posts.

Scummiest would have to go to SC at this point, mostly still because of his whole gambit with DN then Starbuck. I feel like DN was a sinking ship, and SC is a good enough player to throw him under the bus for the sake of making himself look better. Farside pushing a fairly flimsy case on me isn't making her look any better, but I think I'd still rather lynch SC.

KoC & Buttonmen both fall into the neutral range, as I keep flipping back and forth on them. Pug89 is in my "neutral-leaning-town" column... and elvis is in the WTF!? column.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”