Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Limerickx »

Socrates wrote:Limrickx, I don't see a single thing in your case on Serial that is actually scummy.

Being confident is your reads is NOT an alignment tell. The fact that you are using it to both cast suspicion on SC and to explain a town read on Button is evidence of that. Don't think that by hanging a lampshade on it will let you get away with contradictory logic.
Again, being confident is fine, but using bad logic is not. When SC makes point I disagree with, and defends them in ways that make my head hurt, it makes me uncomfortable about him. SB was not just suspicious in his mind, but guilty to the extent that not voting for her makes me scummy? He sets up huge lists of 'lets lynch this person, then if s/he slips x, we lynch y, and if that person flips z we lynch a, as if nothing would happen in between that would change abything? Be certain about your reads, sure. That doesn't mean I have to like how he does it, do I? I even said:
Limerickx wrote:(Its funny, sometimes I think I'd be much less suspicious of SC if I thought his crazytime logic made an ounce of sense.)
so I'm not sure your 'contradictory logic' line is fair, when his being confident is prob one of the bigger reasons I waiver on him that anything else. Again, its the METHOD, not the result (his being confident in his reads)
Socrates wrote:Hammering to cut off discussion is about the lamest point one can make when you consider the fact that the game is
functionally nightless
. You guys are talking, someone hammers, and then... you guys go on talking.
Sorry, but I disagree. You don't think a case can be made that by taking it to the next day, you reset the vote count for imprints and can try to change who might get those imprints? Look who were the top imprint getters at the end of day 1. VMD (Now KoC), Messiah (now CTD) and Button. All had 5 votes to imprint. Now, Button has been imprinted. The other top two? KoC has 1 imprint vote, and CTD has 0. Those two players were close to getting imprinted before SC hammered, and now they are nowhere close. Are you saying there isn't a chance that those two were town, and by hammering, SC was able to prevent them from being imprinted? Not only that, but its 'the lamest point?' Its possible that SC is town, and he DID prevent scum from being imprinted. But scum know who are town, and townies are not sure. Taking matters into your own hands to ensure people you don't want imprinted aren't makes me more uncomfortable then assuming that SC has the entire scum team locked up day 1 and being happy about it. If SC were to get lynched and flip scum, I imagine I'd feel a lot better about those two players (especially CTD)
Socrates wrote:You still haven't answered why Serial being pro-imprints today is
scummy
and you didn't answer my question about what you would have expected a town SC to do differently.

Because changing what you think is the best approach based on keeping yourself alive is suspicious in my mind. SC wasn't in favor of imprinting with no lynch on night one, obviously and he was against imprints on night two. Now imprinting is a good idea in his mind, and I believe he said so before the SB flip (after she was lynched, but before she flipped) I don't like flip flopping when it is in your best interest alone. I would expect a town SC to think about what is best for the town on every occasion. Changing your mind on what that may be is one thing, but changing your mind the instant that continuing with what you have been advocating is to your detriment is another.
Socrates wrote:I don't really have issue with anything else you wrote. One observation is that I don't find it surprising that you are the top imprint getter, since none of your reads are controversial or in conflict with the rest of the town's.

I don't know. I'm going to assume that by 'the town's' you mean 'the players as a whole,' and not that you made a big scum slipup :-p but I think it was kind of a slow rise to being near the top of the imprinting. I was near the bottom for a while, and then one day I noticed I was near the top. All I can say is that I personally was surprised.

As a note, if we were to lynch, Id vote xRECK. I appreciate that your questions DID make me rethink my thoughts on SC, to the point where xRECK is now a 'better' choice.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by Pug89 »

Socrates wrote:Pug and Limerickx, can I get scum lists from both of you?
From an earlier post:
SC is my top suspect, the buddying with elvis makes me uncomfortable as well as his hammer D1 and push for SB day 2.

elvis I'm less suspicious of, and I initially had a town read on her, but the buddying with SC and her reasoning for them being confirmed town seems very weak to me.

Messiah, for the hammer D2, especially as it was before imprints had been decided.

I also want to take closer looks at VMD, farside22, and xRECKONERx when I have time.
elvis_knits wrote:pug, you commented on a tiny part of my comments about buttonmen. What did you think of my buttonmen case as a whole or my other cases?
Obviously, I think he is town since I voted for him to be imprinted, but I do agree with you about the "shooting is investigating" comment.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by Limerickx »

Agreed about hating the 'shooting is investigating' comment. Due to the fact that we could assume any NKs come from a scum imprint, a Vig kill just throws things into confusion. Bad touch. BAAAAAAD touch.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

TheButtonmen wrote:
farside22 wrote:
SC wrote:I'm thinking we should possibly look to no lynch sooner rather than later. I'm worried knowing we won't lynch today is messing our information up.
Is there some deadline I'm unaware of? Are you in a hurry for some reason?

Someone needs to answers socrates questions 1075. I would but I feel like under crap these past few days and all I want to do is go back to sleep.
Pressure is cranked way back due to knowing no-ones going up a rope which means we get less information from today, is how I read that.
I find myself agreeing with this, there's not enough pressure on people today however I also don't want to be the only one imprinted. Doing a re-read of certian exchanges and a ISO; will probably do something crazy tommorow.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:01 am

Post by farside22 »

imprint limerick

someone wake me when people get off their ass and make a decision.
I think the reck case is solid. His response on it was laughable.
People want to no lynch with 2 imprints then fine. I'm not moving my vote any time soon.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:29 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #31=-

No Lynch (3) - Montana, Iowa, Hawaii
Alaska (1) - Ohio
Iowa (1) - Kansas

Not Voting (5) - Alaska, Georgia, Florida, Colorado, Virginia

6 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #31=-

Hawaii (6) - Hawaii, Kansas, Ohio, Florida, Montana, Iowa

Florida (3) - Florida, Ohio, Kansas
Montana (3) - Alaska, Iowa, Montana
Georgia (2) - Iowa, Georgia
Virginia (1) - Iowa
Ohio (1) - Ohio
Iowa (1) - Iowa
Kansas (1) - Ohio
Colorado (0)
Alaska (0)

6 to imprint.

ALASKA = SerialClergyman
COLORADO = CrashTextDummie
FLORIDA = Limerickx
GEORGIA = Socrates
HAWAII = TheButtonmen
IOWA = xRECKONERx
KANSAS = farside22
MONTANA = Pug89
OHIO = Knight of Cydonia
VIRGINIA = elvis_knits

-=Knight of Cydonia has been prodded=-
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:34 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm going to assume picky mod since I didn't capitalize or use the two dots that my imprint was ignored. :P

Imprint: Limerick
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:37 am

Post by iamausername »

I think you should check the count again. I mean, I did ignore your imprint, but only because you were already imprinting him.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:17 am

Post by farside22 »

iamausername wrote:I think you should check the count again. I mean, I did ignore your imprint, but only because you were already imprinting him.
Ah could have swore I unimprinted someone. No harm, no foul.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:27 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

...I'm not going to get my SC lynch today am I? =/
-sigh- Very well.
unvote; Vote No Lynch

imprint: Socrates
I don't necessarily agree with his opinions on certain players, but he's coming across as a solid town read for me.
unimprint: farside22
Not as sure about you as VMD was.

How come no imprint votes from CTD/SC yet?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:56 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm not voting to imprint anyone either. I was sort of letting the replacements shake out before I decided.

Anyway... Buttonmen isn't voting to imprint anyone besides himself. Fun fact.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:07 am

Post by farside22 »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:.
unimprint: farside22
Not as sure about you as VMD was.
ummmm not sure why you say this since you were the one to imprint me in the first place.
As for Soc what about his post makes you feel he is town and why?
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Limerickx »

Even if the knowledge of a non-lynch might result in less pressure on people, getting the imprints right (or at least doing our due diligence) is just as important. If the alternative of making sure we're comfortable with imprints is rushing and alowing scumster getting a power for the ENTIRE GAME, then I want to make sure the right people are imprinted. In mind, a 'lets just get the imprints over with' attitude is at least dangerous, and at most, suspicious.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Ugh x many.

KoC's play plus some good points around the shop makes me move VMD/KoC down past neutral.

I think a second imprint is in order. Unlike what's been said, I am currently voting to imprint pug.

I'm going to see if we can get *gulp* a farside imprint up. I've never had a scum read on her except for a few dicey things, and usually in games I have many more town reads than I do in this game, so why on earth not?

imprint farside[

I use invisible punctuation in my votes and imprints.

Also, because she's obvtown whether people like me saying it or not,
imprint elvis
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Sorry, I realised the above was ambiguous. KoC's play has been terrible, in my eyes, and there have been some good comments made about him by other pople I agree with, off the top of my head CTD elvis and farside.
I'm old now.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Limerickx »

Question for SC:

What is your personal opinion on me? I haven't heard much from you regarding me since you said my voting record was spotty. Where on the spectrum of scum (tm) would I fall in your eyes, and why?

I ask because Socrates questioning me as one of the higher (not that upon review, I'm that close) imprint possibilities (and Soc is now right up there with Pug and me. Wee!) made me curious, and truthfully, more determined to get that last imprint spot.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by farside22 »

*places a call*

Hello hell?
Yay this is Heather I was wondering........Well did hell freeze today?

(pause)

okay just had to check.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

farside22 wrote:*places a call*

Hello hell?
Yay this is Heather I was wondering........Well did hell freeze today?

(pause)

okay just had to check.
Sorry I'm think thats a lingering freeze from the previous few days when I agreed with SC on a couple of points.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:02 pm

Needs more flips. I think you show elements of being town but I'm not picking up what you're putting down most of the time. You are one of the ones who were undecided (along with Plum's slot - Socrates) in my theory of the game a while back (which has changed somewhat but not markedly.

When you and Pug were the top two imprint candidates (after Button who had been imprint hammered) you shared not one imprinter. This is not a good thing.

Your play is fine but uninteresting. I only vaguely know who you suspect, and it's that same pattern that has plagued my reads this game.

Let me flip it on you - what have you done that's so obv town that you should be imprinted?
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:Needs more flips. I think you show elements of being town but I'm not picking up what you're putting down most of the time.
God if I was any more blunt I would have most men in tears and women telling me I should be ashamed of myself.

*shakes head is dispear*
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:06 pm

Farside, look back through my big, massive iso and find all the times I've called you scum, or said you were likely to be scum. Or even something where I've said I don't like you or don't want you imprinted.

I get the distinct impression you a) dislike me, b) think I have a fundamental difference to you and c) have trouble thinking that I can compartmentalise different opinions.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:07 pm

farside, the above (1118) was to limerick.

1120 was to you.
I'm old now.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Limerickx »

Don't know, but the reason that I'd like to be imprinted isn't that I think I'm so obv town, its that being imprinted most benefits my team (as stated before, I know my role, I don't know anyone elses, thus best if I get the imprint blahblahblah)

Generally? I don't think I HAVE done anything that is oh-so-obv town, which is why I was slightly surprised that Soc said he WASN'T surprised that I was one of the next in line to get an imprint. I was fairly surprised myself (mainly because I get the whole 'uninteresting' aspect)

Just curious as to your take.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:14 pm

The reason why Soc said that is he's implying you have never done anything controversial. Townies tend to, you know, be loudly wrong every now and then (*ahem*). It's somewhat of a scumtell to play an entire game without ever accusing someone innocent or getting under anyone's skin.

The (possible) reason why you're that high on the imprint list (exlcusing even the possibility you are scum and have scummates on your imprint wagon) is that since you've done nothing controversial and never accused an innocent, noone has something that sticks in their mind about you being scummy.

I think that's Soc's thinking, he can correct me if I'm wrong, and to a degree it's mine as well. Why I aksed you about what you've done to be obv town is trying to give you a sense of why you aren't getting my imprint, you haven't put yourself or your theories on the line much at all.

And your answer is really pretty lacking. It applies to both town and scum. It's a good reason to want to be imprinted in some general sense, but a bad reason to ask for votes, since no other town player knows your role. If you want to earn an imprint, tell us why we, as an uninformed majority who are unsure about your alignment, should risk imprinting you.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:farside, the above (1118) was to limerick.

1120 was to you.
my bad :oops:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”