Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Limerickx »

farside22 wrote:@limerick: if you were given an investigation role who would you look into and why?
Hadn't considered it too much, but without going back and rereading posts, I'd lean towards one of SC, xRECx, or E_K most likely.
SerialClergyman wrote:Limerick, I don't like your reasoning but I'm reluctatnt to jump on you because it's NYE and maybe a little boisterous. Come explain it a bit further when you're sober :D
To clarify what I was getting at last night, I feel (and maybe its just me misinterpreting the situation) like as soon as Button was imprinted, there seemed to be a shift away from (what I felt) was the consensus of a two imprint/no lynch night, to a lot of conversation about the possibility of a one imprint night with the possibility of a lynch. Generally, I guess I'm the sort of person to stop and pause when one event sets of a change like that.

Basically, I felt that the imprinting of Button caused a shift in the mindset of what the plan for the rest of the day was going to be. Is this because Button is mafia, so the mafia are trying to leave the night at one imprint on Button? Could it be that people are simply having second thoughts about a second imprint? Maybe its the players who replaced in having a different opinion. Maybe its all in my head? I think these are all possibilities, and there are probably more as well, but I wanted to bring up that I noticed this change. Does anyone else see this, or is it just me?

I personally would like to do a second imprint, if only because I would feel a lot more at ease about not possibly being manipulated in some way. I also think that the extra risk of a second imprint is worth the reward, as many roles relate to other PRs (tracker being the most relevant.)

Thoughts?
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:03 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Limerickx wrote:I personally would like to do a second imprint, if only because I would feel a lot more at ease about not possibly being manipulated in some way. I also think that the extra risk of a second imprint is worth the reward, as many roles relate to other PRs (tracker being the most relevant.)

Thoughts?
Agreed.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:15 am

Post by elvis_knits »

TheButtonmen wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:WHEN YOU SAID SC WAS BUSSING DN, THAT MEANS YOU ARE CALLING BOTH OF THEM SCUM.
Err except that never happend?
It did, actually:
TheButtonmenISO60 wrote:There's so many things wrong with that plan, infact with DN"s sudden push for his own policy lynch then you presenting this "plan" it seems to me your planning a bussing that gives your a free mislynch, gives mafia 2 power roles.
TheButtonmenISO61 wrote:Also presuming you aren't mafia bussing DN, how would the "Plan" be a town tell on elvis at all?
WHy do you think we should (Presuming we went along with this) imprint her?
TheButtonmenISO62 wrote:
SerialClergyman wrote:*dies a little inside*

If you think the whole me + elvis vs SB + DN thing is an elaborate bus, you are so skeptical that you will never be able to come to a decision on anything, in my opinion. This automatic distrust of anyone who suggests anythign to advance the game
A) It isn't elabrate at all, bussing Death note isn't that hard do and you scum have a day time quick topic.
B) I seem to have come to a decsion on something quite fine.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:34 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

All of thoses (Please note their sequencial order):

Were directed at Serial after he posted this,
SerialClergyman wrote:I have a suggestion. Lynch DN, imprint me. If I'm wrong, and he's town, I'll be the next lynch, and I'll tell you all what my power was and where I used it and what I found. If I'm right, we lynch Starbuck and imprint me and elvis.

Thoughts?
If you can't see how that made me suspcious then I can't really help you.

Now I direct you to the post you already quoted half of;
TheButtonmen wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:WHEN YOU SAID SC WAS BUSSING DN, THAT MEANS YOU ARE CALLING BOTH OF THEM SCUM.
TheButtonmen wrote:And SC if DN is scum don't even try to pull the bullshit logic "oh look he's scum so that means I'm / Elvis is town"
Is what I said.
Please note what I said after he hammered. Now if your accusing me of not being 100% sure that DN was scum, then your correct. However I don't see why that's a point against me.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:54 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

@Reck
; when you get back, any theories, comments, question? Recently your posts have been more reactionary in nature and I'm curious as to if theres something you feel we are missing?
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:57 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

@Serial
; What are your top scum suspects (with a brief blurb as to why if you wouldnt mind) and who would you want investigated?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

TheButtonmen wrote:All of thoses (Please note their sequencial order):

Were directed at Serial after he posted this,
SerialClergyman wrote:I have a suggestion. Lynch DN, imprint me. If I'm wrong, and he's town, I'll be the next lynch, and I'll tell you all what my power was and where I used it and what I found. If I'm right, we lynch Starbuck and imprint me and elvis.

Thoughts?
If you can't see how that made me suspcious then I can't really help you.

Now I direct you to the post you already quoted half of;
TheButtonmen wrote:
TheButtonmen wrote:And SC if DN is scum don't even try to pull the bullshit logic "oh look he's scum so that means I'm / Elvis is town"
Is what I said.
Please note what I said after he hammered. Now if your accusing me of not being 100% sure that DN was scum, then your correct. However I don't see why that's a point against me.
Are you telling me that you didn't mean to say that SC was bussing DN, and that therefore they are both scum? Because you said that several times.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Buttonmen, I am having trouble knowing what you thought of DN even now, I feel you are being purposely obtuse and not explaining your feelings.

Tell me how you felt about DN. You can explain where it changed and or/why, but I want to know what you thought about DN. Because this is getting stupid.
Talk nerdy to me.

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Right. Working my way through the second half of this thing now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

elvis - while I am frustrated that buttonman has spent the entire game attacking me and that has to colour my opinion, I have a gut feeling that he's town. I looked around for other postings on site and I don't see his play here as particularly unusual or scummy. He also specifically said to me while deathnote was about to be lynched that DN wasn't his top suspect, I was. I see no real reason to strongly make that correction if he's scum. I know it's another of those chimpy little town tells, but it's there and shouldn't be ignored.

Essentially, I really believe buttonmen just dislikes me and my play. I think it's unjustified, but then I would, and it's not like I haven't antagonised him. The quickhammer was a perfect example where he made it clear to the whole group he didn't want one and I ignored him. That is the sort of thing that might piss a brother off.

I don't know if he has the ability to separate that feeling from scumhunting. He's showing signs of it just now with the vig/investigate thing, I think. I think the reason he'd vig me but investigate someone else would be he's quite happy to have me out of the game, whereas if reck or someone else was innocent he'd like them to remain IN the game. So although it sounds weird and scummy on the surface, I think I actually understand his actions perfectly well.

I'm glad that you and farside agree on something, however. Convince each other you're town and we can get this party started. Farside's been a bit quiet recently (well, not interms of the shooting vs investigating thing) - but none of that, fire up with the suspicions!

Your theory is quite good on the whole though elvis. It's enough for me to go back to doubting VMD, which I do hanging my head in frustration. I think I feel like on D3 I should be able to really push my PoE type of scumhunting, but we've only had two flips so I've just got to be a bit more patient I think.

CTD is definitely posting up a storm of awesome - the problem is that he is a strong player and I don't doubt he'd do this as scum or town. I meta'd him to make sure and, from what I've gathered, he replaces in quite a bit and as town or scum posts a long post filled with reasons and suspicions.

Buttonmen - I obviously wouldn't like you to use the kill, but I'm telling you now if it were D2 after I'd been imprinted I'd have used the kill on Starbuck, so *shrug*. If I had an investigation I would use it on CTD. This is because I think messiah was scummy, and CTD is making good strong posts. He's the sort of guy I REALLY want to know if he's town or scum, because he'd be very useful to the town if he's confirmed innocent and would be very difficult to get lynched if he was scum.

As for my suspects - at the moment they are CTD/Messiah and Reckoner. They have a similar voting/suspicion pattern of suspecting me then voting DN then back to me then both change their minds without much reasoning D2 and then both are back to me on D3. They also do this at roughly the same time, and take up similar positions on the wagon.

Reck's iso on messiah is quite interesting as well. Has imprinted him or suggested imprinting him every day, and on D3 said that he should be imprinted because it would give us information about him.
I'm old now.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

= Elvis seems to be trying to connect Buttonmen to Starbuck as going particularly defensive on her post-lynch, but letting it happen for "I told you so" points. Ordinarily, I'd say creating such a massive double-bus bluff, two scum down for 2 town lynches (assuming the town mislynched D4), would be beyond scum, but with a daytalk available to them... we have to assume that the scum are using it.
SerialClergyman wrote:The other red flag for VMD is when she asked what happens if Starbuck flips town. It's one of those questions that looks like planning her position in advance and felt weird at the time.
= So it's okay for you to say "If starbuck is scum, VMD is too" but not okay for VMD to ask what if it's the other way round? Nice logic.
Messiah wrote:Imprints had slipped my mind, again. Just as they did when I put DN at L-1 on D1 before Reck reminded me.
= You forgot twice, despite the fact there was an imprint vote count in every vote count post? =/

= Limerick's 739 makes a good point.
SC: what makes Limerick's place on DN's wagon (one you yourself endorsed, remember) and non-place on Starbuck's wagon (a townie) which he at no point said "lol, told you, I are townie now k" make him scummy?

Limerickx wrote:So the fact that I didn't agree with you makes me look suspicious, even though I ended up being right?
= This pretty much summarizes Elvis and SC's attitudes for the first two days.

= SC's 755 irks me. Wagon analysis is pointless, since good players can and will play around with this to the point it just becomes endless WIFOM about whether or not scum would have gone 3rd or 2nd or whatever on a wagon.

= Elvis seems determined to focus on who wasn't on the DN lynch rather than scumhunt based on the (very short) D2 or what had happened of D3 at the time of post 764.
SerialClergyman wrote:A lynch of Starbuck (or even myself) would be easy to manufacture and they could essentially choose to be on it or not.

Deathnote's wagon was different, it really spring up. So yes, it's definitely odd to me that you would be on DN's wagon and not on SBs.
= wat. The DN wagon took 20+ pages. The Starbuck wagon took a bare handful. How... just... HOW?
xRECKONERx wrote:The blatant buddying is making me nauseous.
= QFT
xRECKONERx wrote:Farside, at first, didn't come off that scummy to me... but it seems the more she tries to defend herself, the more she digs her own grave. It's like I didn't see anything at first, but ek's attacks on her are actually showing her in a different light. It's nothing drastic, not yet at least, but she seems to be failing to defend herself properly.
= I don't agree with this. I think farside has defended herself adroitly. EK saying farside hasn't =/= farside not doing it. Elvis' whole "let's just agree you said what you said and I said what I said" shit feels like an attempt to excuse some misrep.
SerialClergyman wrote:I honestly need too much time and it's just a theory at the moment. I'm OK with the people likely to be imprinted so I'm not too worried.
= Uh, not how it works. Sare this theory now, if you would?

= Pretty much agree with everything CTD says on SC and Elvis. Not sure why VMD's LoS was "atrocious", would like an explanation for this.

Aaaaand that's me done up to where I replaced in.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Limerickx »

SerialClergyman wrote: If I had an investigation I would use it on CTD. This is because I think messiah was scummy, and CTD is making good strong posts. He's the sort of guy I REALLY want to know if he's town or scum, because he'd be very useful to the town if he's confirmed innocent and would be very difficult to get lynched if he was scum.
I know we haven't agreed on much this game SC, but I'll give credit where its due, this is a VERY good point, and if I were to get imprinted along with an investigation role, I might very well check up on CTD for this very reason. Good stuff SC.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by farside22 »

I saw my name and not being here. Can I laugh now?
I had the day off but the day care does too so being around my son keeps me more occupied then work.

My biggest issue is buttonman willing to "vig" someone he feels is scum. I just don't like it. If it was someone I felt 100% was scum I would be saying go for it and yes I know that button has been on SC since day 1. However I think he should take a vote on how the majority feel about who he shot if giving a vig ability. It's just a thought but I don't want to give the scum a reason to shot people. However if the majority says yes kill player X then shouldn't we lynch player X.
You see the issue? So I go back and just say no to using a vig ability
I feel with this game I'm feeling more scared of the scum.
Pug was almost imprinted, limerick is close to be imprinted.
Pug just needs to be replaced in my opinion at this point. His sporadic post are not helping.
I think as a second pick of imprints I would go for limerick at this point.
I would love to be imprinted and frankly I would be checking Reck as he is definitely my number 1 suspect and would be a chain affect I can find surrounding him and his post.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:51 pm

Sorry farside - I just meant you haven't posted as much about your suspicions recently. I've had a blurry 4 days over NYE in Sydney so I don't know up from down and it was just my impression - I really don't mean to be having a go at you.

Limerick - good man - hopefully I'll come up with something else we can agree on and we'll go from there :D

Who are your suspects at the moment, mate?
I'm old now.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by Limerickx »

If by mate you mean me, not much has changed from last time:

You and xRECKx make up my top two, along with a little suspicion on E_K. If xRECKx were to flip scum, then my suspicion on Pug goes up a lot as well.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:48 pm

I did.

What about scumReck makes you think scumpug?
I'm old now.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Don't do anything drastic till I get back to a computer. Until then ill
vote: no lynch
in case you guys decide on a good imprint(s) before then
green shirt thursdays
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Post by iamausername »

farside, may I remind you of this rule:
iamausername wrote:*Do not edit your posts or the posts of others.
I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt for now and assuming that you were just fixing broken tags or something, but any further violations will result in a modkill.

-=Vote Count #29=-

No Lynch (3) - Montana, Iowa, Hawaii
Alaska (1) - Ohio
Iowa (1) - Kansas

Not Voting (5) - Alaska, Georgia, Florida, Colorado, Virginia

6 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #29=-

Hawaii (6) - Hawaii, Kansas, Ohio, Florida, Montana, Iowa

Florida (4) - Florida, Ohio, Kansas, Georgia
Montana (3) - Alaska, Iowa, Montana
Georgia (2) - Iowa, Georgia
Virginia (2) - Iowa, Georgia
Ohio (1) - Ohio
Iowa (1) - Iowa
Kansas (1) - Ohio
Colorado (0)
Alaska (0)

6 to imprint.

ALASKA = SerialClergyman
COLORADO = CrashTextDummie
FLORIDA = Limerickx
GEORGIA = Socrates
HAWAII = TheButtonmen
IOWA = xRECKONERx
KANSAS = farside22
MONTANA = Pug89
OHIO = Knight of Cydonia
VIRGINIA = elvis_knits

-=Socrates replaces Plum.=-
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi Socrates. Good to see you again. I'm beginning to think you're stalking me because you're a drama-junkie.

Florida and Montana are the two next in line for an imprint and noone is on both.

Limerick's imprinters are Limerick, KoC, farside22 and Plum/Socrates
Pug's imprinters are Pug, SerialClergyman and Reck.

Reck is also imprinting 5 people, none of which are Limerick.
I'm old now.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:30 am

Post by Socrates »

SerialClergyman wrote:Hi Socrates. Good to see you again. I'm beginning to think you're stalking me because you're a drama-junkie.

Florida and Montana are the two next in line for an imprint and noone is on both.

Limerick's imprinters are Limerick, KoC, farside22 and Plum/Socrates
Pug's imprinters are Pug, SerialClergyman and Reck.

Reck is also imprinting 5 people, none of which are Limerick.
You know, when I looked at the last ten pages of this game to decide whether or not to replace and saw that you had once again got yourself into hot water, I said to myself "Somebody has to get in there and save that man!"

First off:
unimprint:Everyone

imprint:Socrates

I don't know much about the current situation, so all imprint votes come off.

So. I started to read this game and got bogged down in the very beginning of it all. It would take me an extremely long time to actually get that all read. I plan to work on getting that reading done, but in the meantime I still want to contribute to this game, so I plan on posting off of my incomplete picture of the game. (I predict not 3 posts will pass before someone votes me for "deciding not to contribute" or something)

Some questions for anyone that wants to answer:

Why did Deathnote die?
Why did Starbuck die?
Why was theButtonmen imprinted? Does it have to do with his attempts to break the game in the first few posts?
Why is Limerickx the next leading imprint wagon?

Have these questions already been asked of the Mod?
mod: Is imprinting guaranteed to have a beneficial effect on the recipient? If not, is it possible for an imprint to have
negative
effects upon them, such as loss of vote, millerdom, change of alignment, post restrictions, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, or death?
Mod: Are the effects of the imprint guaranteed to be an activated ability of some sort, or can passive ones be granted as well, such as a double vote?

I looked over the last few pages and I have a hard time seeing a scumbag make anything near the posts that SC has been making. and some of the points I saw against him made me frown deep frowns.
CrashTextDummy's posts are interesting. Their sheer volume makes me just want to say town because of the amount of effort that kind of posting requires. I see SC is suspicious of him. Want to sum that up real quickly, SC?
Can someone sum up the case on Reck in LESS than 4 paragraphs? Lets keep this short and sweet people.
I see KOC is trucking on through, playing the catch up game. I don't envy you.
Where is Pug?

I would like to throw an idea out there, and see if it takes.
I would like the town to as a group swear not to shoot if they gain a vig ability.
This would royally screw over the scum, as it ensures that the scum will never be able to use a NK, even if they gain the ability to. Thoughts? Criticisms? FOSes?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:37 am

Post by Socrates »

posting to add this to my watch list.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:30 am

Post by farside22 »

The case in short on reck:
He flip flopped his views on SB day 2 with no cause.
He jumped on a BW from SC to SB day 2 after calling SC out saying he was trying to set up SB's lynch. (IE: look how reck jumps on a BW with little reason) some people are talking about the digging hole comment (I can see this as an attempt to jump on a weak vote and BW against me).

Sorry if that wasn't 40 words or less I wasn't counting.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:31 am

Don't give me this knight in shining armour act - you've been there, applying the blowtorch to me before. Mind you - I live in hot water, so it's just another day at the office.

To answer your questions:

1. Deathnote died because he suggested some poor game theory options, made a couple of scummy dichotomies and I felt there was a connection to him and Starbuck. He was voted to L-1 with great support for his lynch. I hammered when others weren't ready specifically to stop imprinting, which I felt at that stage was likely to help scum rather than town.

2. Starbuck died because I was convinced that she was defending him passively and I convinced enough people to lynch her. I was adamant that this was the case directly after her first post. A number of people were upset about my hammering, and voted me. Nonetheless, some switched and some stayed, but enough voted her to lynch her and it was primarily my case that led to the lynch.

3. Yes, partially. Many people feel that is a major town tell in his favour. He also didn't get involved in the DeathNote/Starbuck issue and has instead spent all game voting me. While I don't exactly find this protown, it is arguably less scummy than others around. I personally think it's quitep ossibly town but his status in the town is overrated.

4. General decent and reasonable posts would be my guess. To me he has made some choices I don't understand which is why I'm not keen on his election, but I think that's why he's there.

There was some important questions to the mod about impriting early in the game but that's about it. We haven't asked if negative effects can happen. I persaonlly assume passive abilities are more likely than roles such as cops (although vigs are possibly more likely due to the mafia not having a kill.)

The key thing is that scum may keep their imprints and may gain additional DIFFERENT powers if they are imprinted more than once. So even with a moratorium on vigging, scum may still have that power, ready to be utilised at a later date - say the night before lylo or after a more varied sample of people have imprints. Thus they are dangerous, and they are dangerous even if you swear not to vig. However, as the only suggested current vig is my own, I'm totally up for swearing that :D

CTD replaces Messiah. Both Messiah and Reck were against my reasoning implicating the guilt of Starbuck early, and both of them ended up voting her on D2. A few of the juiciest contradictions:
Messiah D1 wrote:
SC wrote:

For the record, would you go over exactly how you think elvis and my scheme went down if we were scum? Why didn't elvis choose a scum mate who hadn't imprinted her in his first post of the day? When was the plan hatched? Why didn't I imprint more than just one of my scumbuddies? Why didn't I answer her question the first time?
This line of questioning doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than to make starbuck appear scummy through no fault of her own.

unvote, vote serialclergyman for the ridiculous way he's overreacted towards
starbuck and the above scummy line of questioning.
Messiah D2 wrote:unvote, vote: Starbuck

Her "I don't see where I defended him" defense isn't very persuasive.
Messiah D3 wrote:Heh, maybe. I've wanted SC lynched since day 1, but his posts following DN's flip felt sincere to me at the time and that was enough to temporarily
"blind" me, I guess. I don't plan on making that mistake again.
(This quote is all from his catchup post, so it's been edited but it's lal from the same post on D1)
Reck D1 wrote:SC calling elvis town? What the hell has she done that really warrants a town read, especially this early on? I agree with the Deathnote scum read, but I'm not sure I'd so willingly place Starbuck into scum territory. Hmph.

In fact, by the end of page eight, I'd be willing to upgrade Starbuck to leaning-town.

---

Messiah's 236 is a strong post: SC says Starbuck is "obsessed with" and "defending" DN, but someone could just as easily say that he is doing the same with elvis (and vice versa). If it's a scumtell for Starbuck, then it's a scumtell for either elvis or SC. Just because you openly defend someone you read as town (which, way to give NO reasoning behind your unbelievably strong town-read on elvis, SC) doesn't mean that it's more acceptable just because someone thinks the attacks on another null-read are bullshit.

---

And... ugh, my predecessor failed. Holy shit, bad play, bad posts, apathy. I just remembered... he said nothing of any interest on pages 1-5. I've noticed that Starbuck gets a lot of scum attention in practically every single game I play with her... and the one game I actively remember he being scum in, I think I saw it coming. Therefore, I'm not willing to accept the Starbuck hate simply because I've seen it happen too many times before. I honestly don't see anything scummy about what she's done so far.
Reck D2 wrote:Vote: Starbuck

On second thought, lynching Starbuck is a better plan. Passively defending someone who flips scum is a no-no.
Reck D3 wrote:That's all for right now, though I'm dying to hear further thoughts on me. Gut instinct says to Vote: SC for now, though we MIGHT wanna consider NO LYNCHING today and just imprinting because it's 3:7.

For the full quotes, check out my 782 for Reck and my 974 for Messiah

And just for good measure, the closest outlining of my current theory of the game (which isn't actually that current, a few things have changed) and a bit of analysis about Messiah and Reck's places on the various wagons can be found here at post 947. Messiah and Reck are in orange.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:41 am

Err.. I tried to be concise. ><

KoC - I disagree with pretty much all of what you're writing, and I persoanlly find your style of using 'AMIRITEPLSPLSSAYIAM' type stuff pretty grating. I'll try to answer the direct questions and if there's anythign else let me know.
SC: what makes Limerick's place on DN's wagon (one you yourself endorsed, remember) and non-place on Starbuck's wagon (a townie) which he at no point said "lol, told you, I are townie now k" make him scummy?
I answered this to him, I think, but essentially my theory was that since I was pushing SB and taking essentially all the repsonsibility for the lynch, scum didn't need to be on the wagon. Thus I found (well, I guess find but I've gone cool on the theory a little) it scummy that he would want to lynch Deathnote but NOT want to lynch Starbuck. It seemed a little artificial in getting him off the wagon. I accept that his VLAness over the holidays mighth ave coloured that a little. I guess I'm saying town doesn't equal right, but it usually equals consistent thinking. I found him being on DN's but not on Starbuck's to be inconsistent, possibly because I don't know how you could look at Starbuck's posts and not see what I saw, especially after DN flipping scum.

I utterly disagree that wagon analysis is useless. I think it's a particularly useful tool. It's not foolproof and should only be used as a guide but it's certainly not a useless ball of WIFOM.

You're the nth player to echo how nauseating elvis and my actions towards each other has been and the nth to do so without a single specific or theory argument as to why it's a bad thing.
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:14 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SC, some of them are probably jealous, some are suspicious, and some are scum annoyed that we're not suspicious of each other. That's the way I think about it. It's particularly maddening for scum when players refuse to suspect each other, especially in a game where they are not guaranteed a NK to get rid of us.
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”