Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by farside22 »

I said besides SC at that point, before the DN wagon started really churning. I'd have hoped for more; it's not a major point against him, more of a minor 'not voting much/making many official declarations of top suspects' early in the game. The posts you brought were both from a week after the point where I had the problem, and I specified when I noted it that my problem was 'at that point'; closer to December 12 than December 18.
What???
I saw that comment in your post about not wanting buttonman imprinted today. He made comments on 3 people he felt was scum on the 18th yes but your comment about his no scum list was said 2 days ago.. So I'm not sure if your reading still and catching up or if your just making things up as you go along right now.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #26=-

No Lynch (2) - Montana, Hawaii
Colorado (1) - Ohio
Kansas (1) - Virginia

Not Voting (6) - Alaska, Georgia, Florida, Kansas, Colorado, Iowa

6 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #25=-

Hawaii (6) - Hawaii, Kansas, Ohio, Florida, Montana, Iowa

Florida (4) - Florida, Ohio, Kansas, Georgia
Montana (3) - Alaska, Iowa, Montana
Georgia (2) - Iowa, Georgia
Virginia (2) - Iowa, Georgia
Ohio (1) - Ohio
Iowa (1) - Iowa
Colorado (0)
Alaska (0)
Kansas (0)

6 to imprint.

ALASKA = SerialClergyman
COLORADO = CrashTextDummie
FLORIDA = Limerickx
GEORGIA = Plum
HAWAII = TheButtonmen
IOWA = xRECKONERx
KANSAS = farside22
MONTANA = Pug89
OHIO = Knight of Cydonia
VIRGINIA = elvis_knits

-=Knight of Cydonia replaces Vala Mal Doran.=-
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:58 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Since we appear to have longer left than in my other ongoing game (which has a deadline of... today) I hope you'll forgive me if put that one to rest quickly before getting up to speed here.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:32 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Limerickx wrote:The reason which I felt were strong for imprinting 2 over 1 is that in the event an imprint was something like a blocker/tracker type, it could be used to check the first user. Thats one reason I can think of.

Like most things in this setup, its a risk/reward proposition, what level of risk are you most willing to take?
Considering I'm pretty confident I caught scum in VMD, I'd prefer to keep the risk to a minimum.
SerialClergyman wrote:I'm curious to hear the end of CTD's analysis. I'm totally up for lynching one of your suspects, but I'll wait till you finish your analysis to expand.
Does that include you?
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Since we appear to have longer left than in my other ongoing game (which has a deadline of... today) I hope you'll forgive me if put that one to rest quickly before getting up to speed here.
Hi, you're scum. Take your time.

Analysis continuing tonight.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:39 am

I'm scum? I'm surprised by that, certainly, since it ain't the PM I got. Maybe you got a different one, I don't know. Do explain, if you're willing.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:13 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SerialClergyman wrote:By the by, elvis, I don't agree, I think farside is likier to be town than scum. Her case on me is actually quite good. If you had to accept she was town, who would you look at next?
Seeing her play in another game has given me some insight into her actually. It's ongoing... blahblahblah, but I now feel like she is perfectly capable of arguing everything she has argued from a town POV. It's a sort of rigid reliance on rules of game theory and failure to use gut effectively, that I think she may use as town. It may be why we're butting heads so much.

unvote

I feel like I need to take another look at the game, tbh. I have such bad feeling over certain issues that I'm trying to find a way of looking at things with fresh eyes and reevaluating everything.

But I still feel SC is town. If Starbuck was town, and if farside is town too, we've had a lot of town-on-town fighting. I feel those type of situations favor scum being more lurky, so I think we need to pay more attention to the people who have not been vocal. I guess I'm thinking of plum and pug, who I think have contributed least. The other way I think scum might play in town-on-town fights is to subtly perpetuate the fighting without posting too much. Not sure who that might be at the moment, but I want to look back at the thread for this.

I also think there are fair cases against VMD and Reckoner. VMD has made some bad votes, and reckoner has reversed himself at some opportune times. My intuition is not
sure
they are scum though, for some reason. This is the type of situation that needs more discussion, atleast for me, to be able to sort out.

The replacements are confusing me. I think I'm going to need people to refer to the new people by the old/new players for a while until I understand who is who. It's good to get a new read on players, but it does require more work. Like I really thought plum had been replaced but I guess she was not? Gah.

I really think we should not do another imprint until the replacements get up to speed and the old people get up to speed on the replacements. I also think that plum or pug, no matter how their posts have seemed good, should not be imprinted until they start participating more and scum hunting more. Lurking during town-on-town fights is an effective scum strategy, and I don't know if they were really busy or not.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:26 am

Post by farside22 »

I don't know why it takes someone else to point out my thinking for anyone to realize I do have a point and it's based not on gut but on what I could see scum trying to do and how it could be capatlized best in a game.

*sulks in corner*
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I really have a hard time following you, farside.

"you have a point that it's not based on gut but on what you could see scum trying to do?

Isn't that the same thing?"

It's this kind of post that is starting to make me think that it's possible that some of my problems with farside are communication fails. I still don't get why she changed her vote to starbuck when me and SC (her nemeses) were pushing starbuck lynch. But I'm starting to wonder if maybe it really does make sense to her.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:01 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I mean:
elvis_knits wrote:I really have a hard time following you, farside.

"you have a point that it's not based on gut but on what you could see scum trying to do?"

Isn't that the same thing?

It's this kind of post that is starting to make me think that it's possible that some of my problems with farside are communication fails. I still don't get why she changed her vote to starbuck when me and SC (her nemeses) were pushing starbuck lynch. But I'm starting to wonder if maybe it really does make sense to her.
Talk nerdy to me.

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:05 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Before I place my imprint vote I'm wondering is
Knight of Cydonia
has any questions / theories or comment they want to share?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:11 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Who are you thinking about imprinting?
Talk nerdy to me.

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:30 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

I can't really answer your question at the moment due to the two replacements this game day, until I see how they play / people interact with them.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:55 am

TheButtonmen wrote:Before I place my imprint vote I'm wondering is
Knight of Cydonia
has any questions / theories or comment they want to share?
I'm starting my Wot I Think post now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:11 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:I really have a hard time following you, farside.

"you have a point that it's not based on gut but on what you could see scum trying to do?

Isn't that the same thing?"
I see gut as I have a gut feeling on something I read. Maybe that is me.
When I think what I see as scum trying to do. It's that inner voice that questions motives, actions, comments and how it could be used.
IE: I point to SC's comment about SB and how he was pushing that case more then the DN case but EK ignores the point completely and focas's how scummy I am.
I see this as scum trying to protect their scum buddy.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:16 pm

More analysis. Prolly gonna be another long one.

SerialClergyman

The first thing that occured to me as I read the game is that he really didn't seem to be aware that scum don't have a nightkill. The post in question is pretty subtle and not easy to fake. I don't agree with Elvis that this automatically exonerates him from being scum, I've played whole games as scum while having the wrong ideas about my own powers because I didn't read my PM closely. But it is a fairly strong point in his favor (and pretty much excuses him from being the first to suggest imprinting everyone). It's mostly downhill from there, though.

-------

The first post of his I found slightly problematic is his post 115, in which he advocates not imprinting anyone for the first time, despite voting to imprint Elvis and himself still (this was before they went all buddy-buddy). He later claimed that he left the imprints vote due to not having thought about it, which is somewhat dissatisfying considering the post I linked in this paragraph, which clearly indicates he thought about it. It's not a major gripe, but I still have a lot of ground to cover when it comes to his stance on imprinting. So stay tuned. For the record, I highly doubt that E_K and him are scum together, so I don't give much credence to the theory that them imprinting each other is anything but coincidence.

-------

First instance of his fluid stance on imprinting: Post 146. Also the beginning of his love affair with Elvis_Knits. Only seven hours after declaring that no one should be imprinted, he's down with a plan that has him and elvis imprinted. When I first read it, it made me uncomfortable how easily he embraced the hand that Elvis extended to him. Considering her plan directly contradicted his previous (and later) stance on imprinting, it gives me the feeling of a scumbag taking advantage of the fact that he had just been "cleared" by another player.

I'm gonna deal with this now without providing links (I can already feel this becoming another monster post): One constant issue I had with the way he handled his connection to Elvis is that he almost exclusively argued against the accusation that they are scum together. I currently lean towards Elvis being town, and I feel this is a natural approach for a scum-player who is establishing a strong link to a town-player. By repeating over and over that they are not scum together, he's laying the groundwork for when one of them ends up dead. Dead townplayer -> "told you we're not scum together". Dead scum -> "why was he so adamant that they're not scum together?" This is a fairly week point against him, but it's another thing that fits with SC-scum.

--------

Post 184 is the first big one, in which he accuses Starbuck of being scum with Deathnote, despite never mentioning any suspicion of DN previously (he shot down DN's strategy on page 1, and that's it). Two problems with this:
1. Starbuck's so called defense of DN wasn't actually unreasonable from a pro-town perspective.
2. Even if you don't think her stance on DN was reasonable from a pro-town perspective, I really don't see how you can jump to the conclusion that they are buddies, unless you have a previous suspicion on DN

This seemed not to be the case for SerialClergyman. And indeed, he followed that post up with a vote on Starbuck.

To me, this reaction to her first real post of the game was completely overblown. And knowing now the alignments of Starbuck and DeathNote, it's easy to see why scum-SC would have linked them so heavily together. I'll get back to this later.

---------

Lo and behold, SerialClergyman confirms that he's not actually suspicious of DeathNote, except for the fact that Starbuck is defending him underhandedly. This is completely backwards to me. How can you consider the defense of another player underhanded if you're not actually suspicious of that player? I don't get that sentiment at all from a pro-town perspective. Someone makes somewhat neutral comments about another player I don't consider scummy, I don't bat an eye. On the other hand, when I'm scum and a hapless townie makes comments about a scumbuddy that can be construed as a defense, it presents an opportunity for attack. The fact that SC swooped down on Starbuck like a hawk immediately like that despite claiming a lack of suspicion of DN indicates to me that he was keenly aware of the fact that DN is scum.

Of course, there's also the fact the he is pushing Starbuck and not Deathnote, but I don't really count that against him at this point despite how it looks in retrospect. If he's actually town and truly believes in this twisted logic, it would make sense for him to go after Starbuck first.

------------

Where it starts being a problem is here. The way he pre-emptively clears DN in case Starbuck turns up town (and further condems her in case DN comes up scum) rings major alarm bells for me considering what we now know about the alignment of these two players. He took this even further when he presented his crazy lynch-scheme later on.

-------

And here we are, the big one. I have to quote it because it's so juicy:
SerialClergyman in Post 311 wrote:I have a suggestion. Lynch DN, imprint me. If I'm wrong, and he's town, I'll be the next lynch, and I'll tell you all what my power was and where I used it and what I found. If I'm right, we lynch Starbuck and imprint me and elvis.
How does Elvis feel about this now that we know the alignment of DN and Starbuck? Not only is this a ludicrous attempt at a power-grab (his scheme involves him getting imprinted twice!), it also conveniently sets up the lynch of a pro-town player. Of course, this is in hind-sight, but considering he
wasn't actually suspcious of DN on his own
, I really cannot comprehend at all how a town-SC could have thought this was a good idea.

Of further note, he has once again changed his opinion on imprinting (he previously changed back to a no-imprint stance). It won't be the last time.

By the way, the fact that he offered to be lynched himself shortly after is
not
a point in his favor. Not only because, if he is scum, he's trying to set up the lynch of Elvis with it (who, again, I currently don't believe to be scum), but also because offering your own lynch in general in such a situation (namely D1 with no information) is incredibly counter-intuitive to a pro-town player, especially a good one. I consider it a scum-ploy in most cases (all cases if the player in question is not an idiot, which I don't believe SC to be).

----------

At this point, I'm skipping over a bunch of stuff I would have commented on if this post wasn't so damn long already. It's mostly a bunch of what I consider crap-logic concerning probable scum-behavior and probabilities in general. For the record though, he's back to a no imprint-policy.

One instance of crap-logic I want to point out though, because I consider it severe. Here, SC pulls out some completely arbitrary numbers out of his ass to demonstrate that scum are statistically unlikely to bus on D1 in an effort to discredit the notion that he could be bussing Deathnote, completely disregarding the fact that Deathnote started the game in an incredibly anti-town fashion, not to mention apparently has a reputation for being a less than stellar player, and would have therefore screamed to be bussed if he was scum (and he was). The whole argument is a complete and disingenuous fabrication.

---------

That's it for D1, almost. Are you exhausted yet?

I will note again here that his hammer on Deathnote is not a point against him, but rather the first sizable point in his favor. If he is scum, he did the town a huge favor by not allowing any imprints to go through. Nothing was lost, a lot of information was gained, a scumbag was killed. Of course, you could WIFOM this to hell and back or speculate that all imprint candidates were protown, but I chose not to venture down this path.

If the hammer was a point in his favor, the beginning of D2 certainly isn't. Of course, there's the matter of his continued push against Starbuck, which is a lynch he essentially set up the day before, but there is more:
1. He once again offers his own lynch. I still find it scummy.
2. He forcibly reminds everyone "NOT TO IMPRINT ANYONE". This starkly contrasts his stance on D3 which basically amounts to "now that we have information, we're ready to imprint" (I will discuss this further once I get there),

The second one is fairly big to me. D2 would have been the ideal time to imprint, coming off of a scum-lynch. He later excused this by stating that one should go for a lynch as long as there's a strong suspicion, but that's bullshit to me. The read I'm getting here is that he was set on carrying out a preconceived plan to bulldoze Starbuck and not actually interested in the best course of action for the town.

As an aside, I don't appreciate the fearmongering ("if I wouldn't have interefered, scum wave have gotten imprinted") either. It actually diminishes the point I made above that his hammer works in his favor. If his stated reasoning for dropping the hammer was "better risk/reward if we get rid of this scumbag and do imprints later", I would have considered it pro-town. The reason he did provide doesn't work for me. Of the people likely to be imprinted, he only ever commented on one of them in a negative capacity.

---------

The rest of D2 was pretty much him lynchmongering Starbuck and offering his own lynch again and again. It's not very substantial on the whole. One thing I did notice just now though which didn't occur to me on my initial read-through is that he repeatedly links Starbuck to VMD. I don't remember off-hand where I got the notion that SC and VMD are probably not scum together, but this could be an indication that they in fact are (also, this, notice a pattern?).

---------

Here is something I want to bring to everyone's attention: His stance on imprinting on D2, for example in Post 522 or Post 524. Keep this in mind for future reference, it's important.

----------

Actually, and luckily for you, The stuff from the last paragraph was to be kept in mind for not so future reference, as I'm skipping ahead to the beginning of D3. And guess what SerialClergyman wants to do? Imprint people, of course. Now first of all, this is almost comically inconsistent. Not that long ago, he was in favor of lynching 5 times in a row,
irregardless of Starbuck's alignment
. It took one line from Elvis to change his mind. That in itself I find
very
fishy.
Even more gravely, it fits with a pattern I see very often in scum. SerialClergyman was unflinchingly tunneled on Starbuck (and a small number of perriferal players) and fiercly against imprinting. Once he had achieved his goal, he was suddenly without suspects (he bases his analysis in this post purely on wagon-placement, which is not a very promising way to scumhunt, to say the least) and so changed his tune on imprinting. Again, this strongly reads to me like he was working along the lines of a pre-conceived plan and not at all interested in what was
actually
in the best interest of town at any given time.

Ah, and I see that this post contains one of the things that made me think he is not scum with VMD, the fact that he goes to her as a suspect now that his crusade against Starbuck is over. Not his top suspect though, so it's not as strong of an idication as I remembered it.

---------

His actual reason for suspecting Limerickx is crap, as has been pointed out by Limerickx. It also doesn't take long for him to back down from VMD. He is completely without strong suspicions at this point and seemingly going for imprints for a lack of better ideas. And this is the guy who wanted to lynch 5 times in a row the day before.

Limerickx on the other hand interprets this as him turning to imprints because he's on the chopping block. I disagree, but appreciate his questioning, as it produced nuggets like this:
SerialClergyman in Post 755 wrote:I was always in favour of turning to imprints. It was only when we had a good lead on scum that I thought imprinting was a bad idea.
This is a bold-faced lie
. Here, I will quote it for you:
SerialClergyman in Post 524 wrote:8 townies now. There are 3 scum. So if we never imprint, we could have 5 lynches before we're even, whereupon I'm not sure what happens.

Given I'm pretty sure of the towniness of 4 players, I'm so into that plan
Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Farside has done some questioning about his sudden willingness to imprint (I think it was her), so I will not extend this post further by repeating it, but suffice it to say that I also don't see why he didn't have those sentiments after the Deathnote lynch. And I will repeat that the "because we had a lead on Starbuck!" excuse is bullshit.

---------

Aaaaaand, I think I will stop here. One more quote though:
SerialClergyman in Post 828 wrote:I honestly need too much time and it's just a theory at the moment. I'm OK with the people likely to be imprinted so I'm not too worried.
Last I heard, he wasn't.

---------

Closing thoughts:

His acts, almost all of them, scream scum to me. Points in his favor are the fact that he seemingly wasn't aware of the lack of a scum NK (fairly strong point in his favor), his hammer on DN (very mild point in his favor, considering his stated reasoning) and the fact that I have some doubts about him being scum with my second top suspect (mild point in his favor).

Finally, if he is scum, he is a good actor. The thing that made me doubt myself the most on my initial readthrough was how boldly he went about his crazy schemes and the air of honest delusion that surrounded him at times. But having compiled this analysis, I have very little doubts.

I want him dead.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:19 pm

Sorry, that was another long one. Please read it. I want Elvis in particular to comment.

I think I'm done for the night. Reckoner is next up, and starting with him, these things should become shorter (I hope).
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

CTD - you very verbosely managed to come up with the usual argument against the way I play. There are some good points and bad, so I'll try to settle some of it.

a) I apologise in no way for my reads. It doesn't take most people just one post to form a scum team, but that's all it takes me. I read the game via patterns and that post by Starbuck was subtly and continuously defending someone. When that person turned out to be scum, I was 95% sure she was as well. Of course - I was wwrong before, wrong then and will be wrongl ater on, but on the whole my reads are decent.

b) Manic theories and changing opinions are standard. Can't apologise for them either. That's simply a function of me having little information. Sometimes they come off and sometimes they don't, but meh.

c) I am a good actor when I'm scum. But I don't put myself in as much jeapordy as I've been in this game. I have good awareness of my perception in the town and there's little reason for me as scum to be as much of a presence in this game as I have been.

d) What is the motivation for me as scum pushign that heavily to kill Starbuck? I've never played with her, I know for a fact she doesn't have a power role. A 1-1 exchange is a bad idea for scum. It's not enough to say that since scum want townies lynched you pushed for her lynch - if I were scum, that action cost me a buddy and put myself in a category of top suspicion all for one townie who I knew was not a PR.

e) Even if having Starbuck flip town wasn't a good reason in your mind to switch from lynching to imprinting, what's the advantage to that switch if I'm scum? For what reason did I make it? There's no way I'm getting an imprint, and any information the town gets from imprints is only likely to further convince them I'm scum. Wouldn't I do what I did on D1? Get myself lynched and deny the town information?

If there's something big I haven't addressed, let me know.

I think I made a mistake in not outlining my theory earlier, but I had no idea you'd try to link me with VMD.

I'll spend my next post giving everyone an up to date view of my position.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by farside22 »

CrashTextDummie wrote:Sorry, that was another long one. Please read it. I want Elvis in particular to comment.

I think I'm done for the night. Reckoner is next up, and starting with him, these things should become shorter (I hope).
*feels exhausted after read thru*
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:09 pm

Actually, I've changed my mind. I want to hear yoru case on Reck first.
I'm old now.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:31 pm

SerialClergyman wrote:a) I apologise in no way for my reads. It doesn't take most people just one post to form a scum team, but that's all it takes me. I read the game via patterns and that post by Starbuck was subtly and continuously defending someone. When that person turned out to be scum, I was 95% sure she was as well. Of course - I was wwrong before, wrong then and will be wrongl ater on, but on the whole my reads are decent.
You were sure she was scum before DN turned out to be scum. The whole way you went about your read felt backwards to me.
SerialClergyman wrote:b) Manic theories and changing opinions are standard. Can't apologise for them either. That's simply a function of me having little information. Sometimes they come off and sometimes they don't, but meh.
Is lying about changing opinions also standard?
SerialClergyman wrote:c) I am a good actor when I'm scum. But I don't put myself in as much jeapordy as I've been in this game. I have good awareness of my perception in the town and there's little reason for me as scum to be as much of a presence in this game as I have been.

d) What is the motivation for me as scum pushign that heavily to kill Starbuck? I've never played with her, I know for a fact she doesn't have a power role. A 1-1 exchange is a bad idea for scum. It's not enough to say that since scum want townies lynched you pushed for her lynch - if I were scum, that action cost me a buddy and put myself in a category of top suspicion all for one townie who I knew was not a PR.
Since I'm tired, I'm just gonna call WIFOM on these. I may expand tomorrow.
SerialClergyman wrote:e) Even if having Starbuck flip town wasn't a good reason in your mind to switch from lynching to imprinting, what's the advantage to that switch if I'm scum? For what reason did I make it?
Your top suspect was dead (actually, your only real suspect). You hadn't established any suspicion on any living players. You took the easy way out.

And I'm not saying Starback's flip was a bad reason to switch from lynching to imprinting, I'm saying Deathnote's flip was a better reason.
SerialClergyman wrote:There's no way I'm getting an imprint, and any information the town gets from imprints is only likely to further convince them I'm scum. Wouldn't I do what I did on D1? Get myself lynched and deny the town information?
I'm baffled you would ask this question, considering you dropped the hammer on DN. You getting yourself lynched as scum doesn't deny the town any information.
SerialClergyman wrote:If there's something big I haven't addressed, let me know.
Let me get back to you, I'm too tired to check. Though the "I was always in favor of turning to imprints" lie is a big one for me, you could adress that.
SerialClergyman wrote:I think I made a mistake in not outlining my theory earlier, but I had no idea you'd try to link me with VMD.
Yeah, I was surprised too.
SerialClergyman wrote:Actually, I've changed my mind. I want to hear yoru case on Reck first.
Why?
farside22 wrote:*feels exhausted after read thru*
I emphasize.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:01 pm

When I said earlier that I wanted to lynch one of your suspects, Reck was that one. I want to hear your arguments because they relate to my theory of the game at the moment.

The very fact that people feel they are able to 'call WIFOM' makes me want to tear out my eyeballs. And I
my eyeballs.

If you are saying something is scummy, you also have a responsibility to explain
why
it's scummy. Calling me scummy for trying to push a lynch on Starbuck makes no sense. If I were scum, it cost me a buddy and put me in a position where I signed my name blatantly to a townie lynch.

I never lied about my opinion. When thinking Starbuck was scum, I was quite prepared to just lynch after lynch. Her town flip threw out my reads and as I said to elvis before the start of D3, if she flipped town I would prefer to no lynch and imprint. No lies, quite logical.

Your point about DeathNote makes some kind of sense but you aren't looking at my mindset. I was almost sure that Starbuck was scum. Her lynch was the immediate obvious choice. There was no reason to imprint because we didn't need any information.
Your top suspect was dead (actually, your only real suspect). You hadn't established any suspicion on any living players. You took the easy way out.
This is a bad, bad argument. You are saying here that I as scum hadn't established any suspicion so rather than try I just decided to let people imprint. Well that only would give the town more information, were I scum. Why on earth couldn't I manufacture other suspects? There would be plenty around. This is probably the worst out of the lot of them.

--

Arg, gettign messy. If there's something big after you've had some sleep, let me know.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:08 pm

Mcslixacwfepvbatlpalau.

For future reference.
I'm old now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

SerialClergyman wrote:Mcslixacwfepvbatlpalau.

For future reference.
Explain, Now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Unvote, Vote: Serial Clergyman

Until I get a very clear and definitive explanation for that.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by farside22 »

I just noticed that SC talked about imprinting him and EK based on DN flip and most people said no and took any imprint discussion after that out of town's hand.
Day 2 when the "decision" from SC to not imprint became more vocal and it felt like it came because of the day 1 comments of people not wanting to imprint him and EK then anything else.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”