Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

@Mod: Requesting replacement; work stress somehow has led to complete mafia burnout.
My most sincere apologies to all involved; I get home after a shit day of retail and the
last
thing I want to do is deal with what I realize now amounts to unnecessary additional drama in my life.

Best of luck, all.
And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:18 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #25=-

No Lynch (2) - Montana, Hawaii
Colorado (1) - Ohio
Kansas (1) - Virginia

Not Voting (6) - Alaska, Georgia, Florida, Kansas, Colorado, Iowa

6 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #25=-

Hawaii (6) - Hawaii, Kansas, Ohio, Florida, Montana, Iowa

Montana (4) - Kansas, Alaska, Iowa, Montana
Florida (2) - Florida, Ohio
Georgia (2) - Iowa, Georgia
Virginia (2) - Iowa, Georgia
Ohio (1) - Ohio
Iowa (1) - Iowa
Colorado (0)
Alaska (0)
Kansas (0)

6 to imprint.

ALASKA = SerialClergyman
COLORADO = CrashTextDummie
FLORIDA = Limerickx
GEORGIA = Plum
HAWAII = TheButtonmen
IOWA = xRECKONERx
KANSAS = farside22
MONTANA = Pug89
OHIO = Vala Mal Doran
VIRGINIA = elvis_knits

-=Now seeking a replacement for Vala Mal Doran.=-
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Limerickx »

So currently, only CTD and E_K don't have imprint votes out, and unless they both vote to imprint Pug, some moving of imprint votes will be in order.

Buttonmen, at the moment you only have one imprint vote out, on yourself. Seeing as one would assume that you being locked in for an imprint means people find you most town-ish, are you considering imprinting anywhere else?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:48 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm of the opinion that 2 imprint are enough.
I like CTD's read enough to feel sound judgement because there were things I noted with VMD that got ignored. I didn't notice reck's flip flop in the case that he pointed out.
Anyways it's well thought out. I feel 6 people on my list as scum right now. I think my biggest problem with limerick is that I don't get a read at all on him in this game.
I think Pug is the only other person close to imprint so either he or limerick would be fine in my view to receive an imprint.
I think the more imprints we do the more likely scum will receive an imprint and leave us questioning things more.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Limerickx »

Agreed with less imprints. While I'd prefer to receive an imprint over Pug for obvious reasons, I agree that two is enough.

I like CTDs contributions so far as well!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:32 am

Post by farside22 »

Limerickx wrote:Agreed with less imprints. While I'd prefer to receive an imprint over Pug for obvious reasons, I agree that two is enough.

I like CTDs contributions so far as well!
Well how about telling me who you feel is scum and why?
This would help me out to decide more soundly about you.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:20 am

Post by Limerickx »

I've been fairly clear that I am most suspicious of SC. I don't like the logic he uses....anywhere. I didn't like the hammer of DN when everyone else was talking about imprinting. 'Taking matters into your own hands' always puts me ill at ease. He led what I felt was a weak SB lynch in day 2. He pointed out other players poor voting records, when his was most suspicious of anyone else’s. He started favoring imprinting and not lynching only after SBs lynch, which would put him under the most suspicion.

I started with a town read on Messiah, but that decreased as the game went on. Since being replaced by CTD, I am feeling much better, and wonder if my increasing suspicion of Messiah was simply the result of Messiah being less and less involved, and maybe my initial read was correct.

Plum, I find hard to get a read on. Really long catch-up posts, lots of V/LA. I can admit when I just ::shrug:: at times. I DO note that she is not voting to imprint any of the top getters, for what it’s worth, and her only vote imprint vote other than the one for herself rests on Elvis, who, whatever your feeling are regarding her, I just don't think is one of the 'safer' picks. In other words, if Buttonmen turned out being scum, I'd be like "Really? Well, he fooled me." If Elvis turned out to be scum, would anyone be THAT surprised?

On that note: I've changed my mind on Elvis plenty during the game. Early on I thought she was town, and then scum, and now I have no idea. Her/SCs crazy buddying is just mystifying to me, and I think I just find myself not going along with a bunch of her reads, so I am inclined to consider her a little shady.

Buttonmen: I voted to imprint him, so that should be an indicator that I think he is town. Same reasons apply as to most people.

xReckx: I get a bad vibe off. I didn't get where he was going with Farside digging a hole for herself, He seems to be pushing hard for a Pug imprint (followed by relative silence from Pug, one of the reasons why I am reluctant to vote to imprint Pug)
In fact, I think this deserves a little more 'indepthness', which I'll do in a following post.

Farside: Fairly townish. Not comfortable enough to imprint

Pug: I was fairly townish, but the more I think about it, I'm not sure exactly why.

VMD: At one point, I was fairly sure she was townish (I believe she was my first imprint vote, if I remember correctly) As the game went on, I waivered more and more, and now would really like to hear from whoever imprints her to see what is up.

Full disclosure, these responses are pretty much all 'just how I'm feeling at the moment,' so if you want more detailed stuff on anyone, let me know.

Here would be my list (Least to most suspicious)

Good Guys:
Limerickx
TheButtonmen

Good'ish' Guys:
CrashTestDummy
Pug89
Farside22

::Shrug::
ValaMalDoran('s eventual replacement)
Plum

Bad'ish' Guys':
Elvis_Knits
xRECKONERx

Bad Guys:
SerialClergyman
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Limerickx »

Interesting xRECKONERx:

Post 779:
xRECKONERx wrote:Farside is digging herself a hole.
Again, I'm not sure what he meant by this. SC asked him shortly after.

Post 802: Doesn't respond to request to clarify as to how Farside is digging herself into a hole, and asks people to start voting yay or nay to imprinting/nolynch.

Post 810:
xRECKONERx wrote:Farside, at first, didn't come off that scummy to me... but it seems the more she tries to defend herself, the more she digs her own grave. It's like I didn't see anything at first, but ek's attacks on her are actually showing her in a different light. It's nothing drastic, not yet at least, but she seems to be failing to defend herself properly.
Answering SCs question on how Farside is digging herself a hole. This doesn't seem to be an answer though does it? Basically, I still don't understand what xRECK saw, and this is almost like repeating himself using different words.

Post 819: In which we learn xRECK favors himself, Pug and Messiah (Though he has an imprint vote on E_K and doesn't on Messiah (Now CTD)

Post 821: Why? Because of town reads. Messiah least, but he thinks we can get info based on his imprinting (though I am not sure why? I admit that I should have asked at that point. xRECKx, how would we have obtained more/less info with a Messiah imprint, just out of curiosity)

Post 835: We should imprint and goto night phase, says xRECK. Fair enough.

Post 839:
xRECKONERx wrote:Let's imprint Pug and... well, shit, I guess I'll go with Imprint: Buttonmen just to get one out of the way.
I don't like that he said 'lets imprint Pug and....' as if it were a foregone conclusion that Pug was obviously going to be imprinted. Pug was still two votes away, and even though Pug was closest other than Buttonmen, something about this rubbed me the wrong way. Almost everyone had voted imprints and Pug was still two short. Why say it like Pug was certain to be imprinted?

Post 842: xRECK rightly notes that we want to make sure that we get the second imprint in without risking a no-lynch. While I agree, the fact that this followed his comment about Pug almost certainly getting an imprint, makes me wonder if he wanted to be sure Pug got his imprint before going to night.

Maybe I'm reading too far into it, but his comments on Farside that I disagreed with, along with the 'push for pug' (he is also voting to imprint Plum and E_K, I will note here) makes me stop and pause. It also is enough to make me withhold my own imprint vote from Pug, especially because SC is also on the 'imprint Pug' crew.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Yeah reck started off in a bang in my view then just went down hill. I get the impression from his comment about digging a hole and voting to imprint EK and calling her town just odd considering his first post was mostly about the EK/SC buddying and trying to confirm each other.
I felt like he switched his views without giving good sound reasoning and I felt this EK/Reck pairing starting to stir in the back of my mind.

VMD is up there as well her talk about lurkers (which I stated when I started) being more scummy and saying I have a town read on X player without a real reason was off putting. Her vote on buttonman with his suggestion although she said it was because he was killing the game comes off as a kick reaction of more scum then town because he's suggesting something pro-town.\

Pug - I know he's quiet and not saying too much but so far I haven't read anything at all I find scummy. I would like him to post more right about now.

Plum - another suspect of mine. She/He (sorry I forget) comes in a post but I don't see Plum really reading the game. Plum talks about not trusting buttonman saying that he doesn't even know who buttonman thinks is scum where I posted 2 quotes made by buttonman that shows he has been quiet clear.

I think everyone knows my view on SC/EK at this point. SC looks scummy in retrospect pushing the SB lynch over DN from the start of the day.

imprint: Limerick

As I said I still think only 2 players should be imprinted max. I stand by that. Even if limerick, pug or button is not on my scum list I don't want feel comfortable imprinting too many people with the thought that one or more could be scum and I still never got an answer from the mod about the scum NK ability.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:01 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Let's just stick with the one imprint and no-lynch.

I'm exhausted.

Let's just see what we can find out about imprinting by trying one.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:32 am

Post by Limerickx »

December 23
elvis_knits wrote:So, I am down for the no-lynch and imprint 2 people plan. But I'm still voting farside for the moment because I figure why not use my time wisely.

I guess buttonmen should get the imprint. He's probably most likely to be town although I don't care for the way he thinks (and thus don't love him being a town leader, even if he is town). But I guess it's better to have someone you're pretty sure is town even if they rub you the wrong way.

I'm not sure who I want as the second at this point. Pug is the closest to imprint I think. Pug hasn't done too much I can find fault in, and he was not part of the incest voting from D1 which is a point in his favor. My only reservation is he hasn't been as involved in the game, not posting as much, not really originating cases or scum hunting that much.

(I mean, I would obviously trust myself or SC to get imprints but I know that's not happening.)
December 28
elvis_knits wrote:Let's just stick with the one imprint and no-lynch
Why the change? You made one post on the 26th saying you were still here (holidays) but your feelings were apparent. Why the switch to a 1 imprint no lynch day?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:43 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't actually care that much at this point, I could ge for 1 or 2. I'm just sort of DONE at the moment, and since we already have one imprint, just thought I'd like to move forward. Test the imprints out with one, go from there.

Also, one seems safest. Pug is the next in line and although I don't have much beef with pug... I don't know if pug really deserves it. Pug hasn't been that involved in everything. Makes me slightly nervous.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:26 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I don't think I ever said Pug was CERTAIN to get an imprint. I suggested we imprint Pug, then reluctantly agreed that we should imprint Buttonmen. Not once did I say it was guaranteed.

Furthermore, I think Messiah's imprint would give us a definite read on him, and right now he's one of those "town-but-I-have-an-unexplainable-scum-tingle" people. I think he's town, but at the same time, something is nagging at me that he might be scum (ie, points other people have brought to light which changed my mind).
green shirt thursdays
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:40 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't think we should imprint anyone to get a better read on them. I think we should imprint people we are confident are town.
Talk nerdy to me.

Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Limerickx »

Agreed regarding 'imprint people we are confident are town.'

RECK, I never said you said Pug was CERTAIN to get an imprint. I said that the way you worded it carried a strong suggestion that Pug was going to be the one. It was the way I read it. Added to the fact that SC (someone I think is very suspicious) is voting to imprint Pug, and the fact that your comments regarding Farside's 'hole-digging' were somewhat lacking, (in my eyes) and the fact that you made sure that there was no way a NL was going through until a 2nd imprint was taken care of (again, I want to clarify that in a bubble, I agree 100% with this, but when combined to my initial inklings of suspicion regarding your prior comment about Pug, made me uneasy.) Makes me uncomfortable giving Pug an imprint, and makes me more suspicious of you.

E_K what do you think about what CTD has said since replacing Messiah?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:03 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm not sure. I'm having trouble being very analytical right now because I am still exhausted from holidays. My first reaction is that I don't really agree with everything he's said, primarily the shots at SC and me, but I understand why he thinks what he thinks (he is coming off as reasonably), so I don't necessarily think it's scummy. I have to think more about him, I guess, and see more posts from him. I'm sorry that sort of sucks as a response but I am having trouble digesting more than short posts at the moment.
Talk nerdy to me.

Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by Pug89 »

xRECKONERx wrote: Furthermore, I think Messiah's imprint would give us a definite read on him, and right now he's one of those "town-but-I-have-an-unexplainable-scum-tingle" people. I think he's town, but at the same time, something is nagging at me that he might be scum (ie, points other people have brought to light which changed my mind).
I have to agree with elvis here, if you are not confident in someone's alignment imprinting them is the worst way of determining it.
farside22 wrote:Pug - I know he's quiet and not saying too much but so far I haven't read anything at all I find scummy. I would like him to post more right about now.
Anything specific you want me to comment on? Between the holidays and being sick I haven't look too closely at anything before Christmas so I'll try to go back and look at that sometime soon.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Very inconvenient that Vala should get herself replaced at a time like this. In any case, here's some analysis to mull over (I may be repeating myself at times from my preliminary analysis and from what others said):

Vala Mal Doran
:

As I previously said, I had a problem with her reaction to ButtonMen's potentially breaking strategy. The fact that she went as far as to call it being against the spirit of the game gave me the feeling that this was her venting her annoyance at potentially losing the game because of a flawed set-up. This feeling was strenghtened with her Post 88, in which she threatened to leave the game if the town wasn't going to "play fairly for the scum". Unlike farside22, I don't see her actual vote against ButtonMen as particularly damning (as in I don't see a scum
motivation
behind it), but in the context of her general reaction to his plan, it reads to me as possible scum
frustration

-----------

Next up is her stance on self-imprints, which was based on a fair amount of crap-logic:
VMD in her post 170 wrote:I just think it looks too eager. I understand that it can be argued that one only knows one's own towniness, etc etc, but if people don't vote to imprint themselves it takes 7/11 people to imprint someone rather than 7/12 and I like that majority better. Then there's the fact that if all of the scumteam votes to imprint one of their own, that's four votes, which means it only takes three unwitting town to make a powered-up scum. I'd prefer to make that number four by keeping anyone from voting themselves, and give ourselves more of a margin of error. (And yes, I'm aware scum probably wouldn't be that stupid. If they thought they could get away with it though, I'm sure they'd jump at the chance.)
Not only is this argument steamed in unnecessary paranoia, it also doesn't make any sense. Not self-imprinting doesn't change the fact that (theoretically) it only takes three unwitting town to power-up a scum, as no one's stopping anyone from self-imprint-hammering. She later re-inforced that self-imprinting would give scum an advantage, and only abandoned the notion once it became apparent that no one else had a problem with self-imprinting.

From a pro-town perspective, her stance on this makes zero sense to me. If you are pro-town, how can an imprint vote on yourself give an advantage to scum? From a scum-perspective on the other hand, I can follow her line of thinking. The way I see it, she was afraid that self-imprinting would draw attention to herself, therefore she saw it as something to avoid and to accuse others of. Once she was questioned on that, she had to come up with a BS excuse for why it's supposedly scummy. It's this kind of self-awareness that I find to be one of the most telling things when hunting for scum.

------------

Next up is a big one:
First of all, there's the matter of her basically giving DN a pass under the Village Idiot Clause. She concedes that his play was "vehemently anti-town", and yet she ranks him as "neutral" in her scum-list. I seriously wonder why some people strung up Starbuck because she supposedly defended DN and yet pretty much ignored the fact that Vala
actually
defended DN, based on weak reasoning to boot.
It's the kind of reasoning I'd expect to see when a scumbag decides to lend a weak buddy a hand. Passing off his bad play as either inexperience or meta, so you can use the "well, I have trouble reading bad players" excuse should he be lynched regardless.

My other major problem with that post is her scumlist. The
only
two people she is suspicious of is the guy who never posted and the guy who had one post of substance. Now granted, she may really not like lurkers (notwithstanding that the game was only 4 days old at that point), and I'll get back to her stance on lurking later. But really? No suspicion of anyone who actually participated in a game with 4 scum on page 10? Scumhunting sure is hard when you're scum yourself.

Her case for calling lewarker "obvscum" is also fairly crap. The fact that she accuses him of using words like "vibes", "interesting", "as far as I can see", "seems" and "a little", and treats this as evidence that he doesn't want to commit to having strong opinions is actually quite ludicrous to me. Those are all words I use frequently when I make cases as town. Her other points (his voting/imprinting without providing solid reasoning) are actually fair, but enough to declare him "obvscum"? Hardly.

-----------

Speaking of lurking: In her very next post (and the one after that), she accuses non other than DN of lurking. At that point in time, the game was four days old and DN had posted 24 times, not missing a day. He very clearly was
not
"lazying" around. Why then does she perceive him as such? Because she wasn't happy with his scum-performance would be my guess.

Note also that in this post, she wants to allow for Starbuck to "become guilty by association" to DN and lewarcher. And she also re-states that she wants to keep around DN not because she doesn't find him scummy, but because she finds someone else
more
scummy. This is the kind of stuff that makes me
very
suspicious (note also that her behavior towards lewarcher at this stage made me lean towards town on him, this is for future reference once I analyze xRECKONERx).

-------

There's not much from her for a good 100 posts or so because she was preoccupied apparently (heh). She then comes back with a post in which she shows support for SC's lynch plan, which I find dubious to say the least (I'll get back to this once I analyse SC). More importantly, she finally, reluctantly, turns around on DN, only his wagon is too far advanced to hop on to. I actually find her wording of this quite funny: if she was scum with him, surely she would be bussing him right now, but hey, she's not voting him because he's at L-1.

---------

Her Post 410 is another juicy one for me. Here she backs off of her previous two top suspects for stated reasoning: "Lurkers are scum. Lurkers who get replaced by active people stop being scum." I'm paraphrasing, you get the gist.
That
is the kind of scum-hunting she's been doing on D1. It boggles my mind that she hasn't been scrutinized yet.

To end VMD's D1, here's another quote:
VMD in Post 465 wrote:Smart scum will bus their scumbuddies if they think the benefits will outweigh losing a member. Period. For a scum attacking a scum!DN, they would receive far more benefits from bussing him early and hard than they would from keeping him alive, assuming he's as useless in the QT as he is here. If DN is scum I expect to find at least two of the scumbags on his lynch trying to make themselves look good, if not all three. You're completely disregarding the fact that he is a blatantly anti-town player, and not someone scum would probably want to keep around if he's going to undermine their strategies.
Sounds exactly like the kind of thing a scum would say who failed to bus a flailing scumbuddy.

----------

Onwards to D2. VMD started it in a peculiar fashion. Several things about this:
1. Considering a scum had just been lynched, the indignation sounds dishonest
2. Vala
never
made any kind of push to get anyone imprinted. Again, the indignation sounds dishonest.
3. Again, considering scum was lynched, SC's hammer cost town
nothing
at all. Her "you bussed him to cut off discussion" angle doesn't make any sense at all. Not in the slightest.

This whole post sounds terribly fake to me.

----------

At this point, my notes start to get thin, and quite frankly, I think I've written plenty. But in the name of dilligence, I've reread her posts in isolation just now. She spent the majority of D2 defending herself, defending Starbuck (not a point in her favor, for the record) and attacking SC for her bullshit "he bussed to cut off discussion" reasoning. Which, by the way, is part of the reason I have trouble seeing those two as scum together.

As for D3, she started it off by voting my predecessor, who was previously firmly in her pro-town list, because of his hammer vote. Lazy at best.

---------

To finish up this monster of a post, I feel the need to point out that she has hardly commented on anyone alive except for my predecessor, SC and Elvis. No word on xRECKONERx
at all
since he replaced in (used to be her top-suspect). Hardly any word on pug, Plum, Limerickx or farside (used to be her number two suspect before she replaced in).

She's scum and needs to die tomorrow, regardless of her being replaced.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:51 pm

That took way longer than expected. I'll come back with analysis on more players tomorrow. To get something out of the way, the fact that xRECKONERx asked for my reasoning to suspect him and then didn't comment
at all
when I obliged him seriously rubs me the wrong way.

To change the subject to current matters, could someone explain to me the benefit of imprinting more than one player today?
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:12 pm

By the way, could we please not imprint Pug just now? Thank you.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by Limerickx »

The reason which I felt were strong for imprinting 2 over 1 is that in the event an imprint was something like a blocker/tracker type, it could be used to check the first user. Thats one reason I can think of.

Like most things in this setup, its a risk/reward proposition, what level of risk are you most willing to take?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by farside22 »

pug wrote:Anything specific you want me to comment on? Between the holidays and being sick I haven't look too closely at anything before Christmas so I'll try to go back and look at that sometime soon.
Can you give me your list of scum suspect and why?

I'm going to give CTD a chance to finish his analysis and comments

unimprint Pug

Since limick isn't as close I will leave that imprint as is.
I don't know why EK think 1 imprint is more then enough. Idk why but it's the we don't know what the imprint will do and maybe having 2 imprints might give one a cop results.
I'm hopeful.
I mean really I'm not sure what the about face is all about. Are we going to just keep doing no lynch with one imprint at this point.
Just things like that that bug me.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:35 pm

Post by Plum »

Okay, so we got a Buttonmen imprint. Nice to see that that side of the game is getting rolling, though he wasn't my top imprint choice. Having thought about that, besides EK there is one person who I;ve consistently gotten Town reads from is Limerick.

Imprint: Limerickx
. I'd marginally prefer this over a Pug imprint; there's no one besides them and my current imprint votes (EK and myself) I'd feel confident enough in to actually want to see them get imprinted. With 12 alive and three scumbags, two lynches seems about right; even if we were to imprint only the four I feel most comfortable about there's a fair chance someone has played my blind spot well enough. I'd like two and I feel pretty good about Lim.

Lim, I would be pretty surprised if EK turned out scum; her posting here is fairly similar to what I've heard about her meta as Town (which is apparently radically different than her scum meta); she's scumhunting and acting like aggressive Town. Buttonmen as scum would have played us pretty well, too, I grant you, but I feel less confident in him than earlier in the game, though the early breaking-the-game thing still stands as a point in his favor. A fair amount of my Town read on EK does have to do with a strong gut feeling.

Though I must say that CTD's scumhunting is changing my impression of his predecessor. Not sure if it's because I'm agreeing with his scumhunting (especially on Reck) or because his scumhunting is that good; main thing is it feels
real
to me, whereas a lot of Messiah's stuff was contradictory or plain scummy as I've noted before.

And the VMD case, which is making me look back and think I was too lenient on her claimed paranoia. The fresh perspective brings up things I haven't been thinking about, like VMD's paranoia about self-imprints. I've been paranoid Town, too, but not quite that paranoid, and the looking too eager thing was definitely suggestive of a scum mindset.
farside22 wrote:Plum - another suspect of mine. She/He (sorry I forget) comes in a post but I don't see Plum really reading the game. Plum talks about not trusting buttonman saying that he doesn't even know who buttonman thinks is scum where I posted 2 quotes made by buttonman that shows he has been quiet clear.
I said besides SC at that point, before the DN wagon started really churning. I'd have hoped for more; it's not a major point against him, more of a minor 'not voting much/making many official declarations of top suspects' early in the game. The posts you brought were both from a week after the point where I had the problem, and I specified when I noted it that my problem was 'at that point'; closer to December 12 than December 18.

And yes, as I explained before, giving an imprint to someone you're not on the order of pretty sure about is a very very bad idea. If you have a niggling gut, the solution is to hunt him more and imprint him less, not imprint him and hope that if he's scum it helps him slip up more than it helps him decimate the Town.

That was a bit out of order. Oh well.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

I'm curious to hear the end of CTD's analysis. I'm totally up for lynching one of your suspects, but I'll wait till you finish your analysis to expand.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

By the by, elvis, I don't agree, I think farside is likier to be town than scum. Her case on me is actually quite good. If you had to accept she was town, who would you look at next?
I'm old now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”