Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Juls »

Family members have all left my house so now maybe I can enjoy mafiascum for a bit before school starts back.

Couple of things. First, in response to Elli's most recent question:
Ellibereth wrote:Out of curiosity, how many people here would agree to policy lynching zwet?
If ever there were a person that would be a good choice for a policy lynch it would be zwets BUT a grand majority of games I have played with zwets, he has been town. The only time he wasn't town was in a marathon game where I was also scum (the mafia god's hate me clearly!)

So I am anti policy lynch. I have never done it (as bad as I have wanted to). I don't think it makes for good play because even if these people are anti-town you have to grow to learn to read them no matter their alignment. Was Elli being anti-town for suggesting it? Probably not. Kinda a shaky limb to step out on in pregame.

@Plumegranate: Plum or Pomegranate in this game or both?
-------------------------------------
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Juls »

Elli wrote:We first place an "insurance lynch" on CSL on the immediate start of D1. This way, assuming we're unable to reach a consensus of lynching a player we deem more likely to be scum, the policy lynch for CSL can comfortably go through with no deadline rush etc. Especially since each day is essentially 7 days.
And I counter that if this situation arises that everyone give their top 2-3 suspects and vote for the one who has the most suspicion rather than getting "behind". It's better than a policy lynch.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Juls »

vote: Vaya
for no posts in pregame.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:33 am

Post by Juls »

Ellibereth wrote:Any particular reason for choosing Vaya over Tony?
Vaya was higher in the list.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Juls »

unvote, vote: DRK

DRK, please expand on what Vaya said with her "/confirm" that was scummy?
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:45 am

Post by Juls »

Annachie wrote:You know it doesn't actually help if you vote for me twice.

"Hey this is a serious vote that I can't explain but isn't one of my silly votes"

That's called
OMGUS
. It's also in part what you wanted CSL policy lynched for.
Annachie wrote:I am now forced to admit, I it was a mistake to try and pressure the lurkers. I should have been looking closer at DRK.

vote DRK
Who is OMGUSing again?
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Juls »

Need more of these people. These people are my backup choices to DRK. This game is NOT one to lurk in imo.

bigmc109
Bogre
CSL
TonyMontana
Vaya
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Juls »

don_johnson wrote:its about to get all pointless and stupid up in here. don't worry, though, i'm town. :)
Yay dj and I together again!

@Annachie what is so pointless about dj's vote/list? I would say he is right on track with at least 3 of the 5. I don't know how TonyMontana got in there though?

~Still don't like DRK and his 192 doesn't do anything to convince me otherwise.

~While I disagreed with Elli initially pushing a CSL policy lynch I am not seeing her as scum at this point.

~I can see the bigmc hate based on 185. Would have considered switching had it not been for my first bullet.

~Also not liking Anna so much at this point. Mostly gut.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Juls »

Snow Bunny, the point of making sure we lynch at the pseudo-deadline is the same as not choosing to no lynch. Because that is essentially what you are doing if you go beyond deadline. You are saying...here you go scum...here's a free day!

However, in my opinion, policy is NOT the way to choose a default lynch especially now that we have some candidates (ironically his replacement is one of those candidates).

With three days until "deadline" I will likely be sticking with DRK but mal/CSL has solidified as a backup choice for me.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Juls »

Flare, this isn't a chatroom. How bout doing some scumhunting?
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by Juls »

Sorry I haven't been online today...I have been dealing with a sick child. I have skimmed and given that there is 45 minutes to deadline that is all I think I will have time to do.

I do see an interesting dilemma though now that DRK has revealed his neighbors. He revealed the names of his neighbors.
a) If he is scum, he has likely confirmed two town by doing so.
b)If he is town, he has given us a probably 50/50 on the two other.

Now call me stupid but I think town would be more likely to reveal this information based on this scenario. This makes me question my vote.

Unvote, vote: Snow Bunny

Here's why:
Snow Bunny wrote:You see, in the quick topic I found something that made me believe DRK is scum. I agree with the points brought up by Annachie, and thus:
This is vague suspicion that a townie would have no problem sharing. I don't think we will have time to get a switch but if there are enough people online. She's also buddying to Anna and trying to ensure DRK is the lynch. So I think SB is the scum of the three.

@farside:
farside wrote:Why is mal/CSL a backup choice for lynching?
Because mal/CSL/flam have contributed nothing and lurked a lot while under suspicion. And flam is now bandwagoning left and right.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Juls »

Because with 15 minutes to go, Snow_Bunny is the most glaringly scum to me. Also, the speed at which Anna gained the votes gives me pause. Can you quickly point out the strong points on Anna? I will try to read back some but we are running out of time.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Juls »

I say yes but I will switch to Anna if you guys prefer....(because I believe DRK at this point)

Unvote, Vote: Anna

I don't think we have enough for either tbh.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Juls »

don_johnson wrote:thanks juls. what does everyone think of plumegranate being gone near every deadline. seems like it might hurt, no?
Possibly but if she doesn't have access on Friday nights/Saturday it may be unavoidable. She posted earlier today though so she will be here within 12 hours of deadline. To be honest, I don't know how often I will be here right at deadline like this. I am only awake now because I took a nap with my daughter earlier today.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by Juls »

Oh...I guess we are in a new day.

Vote: Snowbunny

Please explain why you wouldn't reveal the "something" in the quicktopic that made DRK scummy?
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by Juls »

You are not supposed to talk about ongoing games. But I am not sure what specifically set her off.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:28 am

Post by Juls »

don_johnson wrote:that sucks. personally elli, i think i'd modkill you for ongoing game talk. however, i am not going to blame you for anna's emotional flare up. it could just be a meta manuever. no need for a quicklynch here. we have another seven days now. both snow and anna's replacement need to chime in. a fresh set of eyes on the quicktopic may be extremely helpful.
@Don: quick lynches do not exist in this game. Even if SB gets every single persons vote we still go to the 7th day and thus have time to change our minds. However, voting SB to lynch ensures we have a lynch candidate as opposed to no lynching.

@SB: You have been suspecting Elli the entire game until the last minute vote change to DRK. You still seem to suspect her yet you put your vote on Flare. Have your feelings changed on Elli?
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:32 am

Post by Juls »

@DJ: My problem with the policy lynch was that it was based on nothing rather than suspicion. I am in agreement that a lynch should occur every 7 days however.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (isolation #19) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by Juls »

If people intend to go V/LA around deadline, they need to be certain their vote is cast.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Juls »

11 Alive
Snow Bunny ( 6 ) Juls Ellibereth Flareonage farside22 Plumegranate TonyMontana
DeathRowKitty ( 0 )
bigmc109 ( 2 ) Fishythefish don_johnson
don_johnson ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 1 ) bigmc109
Flareonage ( 1 ) Snow Bunny
Plumegranate ( 0 )
Juls ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
manho ( 0 )
TonyMontana ( 0 )
Fishythefish ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 1 ) manho
Total Votes ( 11 )

With 11 alive, 6 needed to lynch.
Next Lynch Available at: January 16th 00:01 EST
Lynch Will Be: Snow Bunny

Plum wrote:But I don't think that we'll miss every deadline, only the ones in this game day. Once we have a night, everything won't be set to specific day (lynch deadline Friday night at midnight, for example).
Do we have a night? My understanding is Day 2 started immediately after the lynch thus each "day" will end Friday at midnight.
dj wrote:388 is drivel. there is no "quicklynching in this game because we can switch the majority before deadline. why do you assume such a weak town that what elli says is law? its not. elli is one player and the picture you are painting is of him having some unbalanced power than the rest of us so that he fits into your picture of being scummy. his actions weren't scummy. not by a long shot. setting up a policy lynch as a backup is protown. he has one vote, just like the rest of us. acting as though he has more is just convoluted and capricious.
I agree that Elli was not scummy for suggesting we ensure a lynch but I didn't like that it was "policy" not on suspicion. I have made this point several times but it is an important distinction. I don't find it to be a scummy action, just perhaps misguided.

In other news...
Manho is quickly creeping up my scumlist due to the empty promises. Last time I saw someone have so many "will post later" posts was Jebus in my Dexter game...guess what, he was scum.

@Elli: SB is V/LA until tomorrow so it looks like the claim is on hold until then.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Juls »

Posting from my phone at school. Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. I got busy. Will catch up tonight.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (isolation #22) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Juls »

Fishy 412 wrote:I can sympathise partially with SB over this one - I think it's totally understandable to see the post as a minor scumtell. But the level of certainty that arose from that scumtell, here and there, is a bit off.
Hindsight is 20/20 of course. When did SB reveal this "slip"? Before or after she was a lynch target? I am curious to know if Annie saw this and if she responded to it. Please feel free to share Annie's feelings on this...SB you can answer this one if you like.
manho 413 wrote:V/LA until 17/1, may have a chance to post before the deadline.
This angers me greatly. If this is legitimate you should replace out!

@dj: Why does Plum's V/LA's bother you so much but manho's doesn't?
Snow 426 wrote:Or, if I claim to have not used the ability yet, they might hurry and try to target someone before I send my action. Or, etc, etc, etc. Giving more info to the scum is not good for town.
I am not interested in your future targets but I am interested in who you targeted last. Your reluctance to do so is noted. If you say who you targeted they cannot necessarily confirm you but they can certain contradict you if they know their action was not blocked.

@farside: What changed between 425 and 431 to make you vote BigMC?

Of the current leading suspicions I would support a manho or flare lynch. Not really feeling the bigMC wagon. The massive V/LA and lurking from manho doesn't sit well with me and reminds me too much of Jebus-scum. Flare is being completely useless and it is possible it is due to him being new but I am not really sure why he is even playing at this point?
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Juls »

I am not sure what the current vote count is but it sounds like bigmc is the choice of today and nothing I say will change that (even though he wouldn't be my first choice). I would rather see a manho lynch myself.

Since my vote doesn't matter
unvote, vote: manho
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by Juls »

My suspicion doesn't change based on V/LA. He should be back by Sunday. So I don't know what you are talking about Elli. I would prefer a manho lynch to a SnowBunny or bigmc but with 2 hours to go I am not going to get my wish.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:08 am

Post by Juls »

Flare is my second choice. The reason I would like a manho lynch is because he is constantly doing the "will post later" and I have a bad taste in my mouth from Jebus doing that (as scum) in a game I modded and everyone ignored it just like you all are.

Vote: manho

I think Flare is a decent option but he could also be a newbie who doesn't understand the game dynamic and probably have never signed up.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:46 am

Post by Juls »

Snow_Bunny wrote:So, Juls, do you prefer to lynch the lurker than the newbie, when taking into account that lurkers can be replaced and that the newbie has done nothing but act scummy?
If manho was just lurking I would say replace (in fact I have already suggested it) but he is doing just what Jebus did which is doing just enough to stay afloat.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Juls »

Vote: Fishy

That seems too interesting of a role to make up unless it is a fakeclaim. And fishy seems to have failed the test.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by Juls »

Well now I am a bit confused but still suspicious of manho. Not sure I can see the point of all that if Elli is scum? But I kinda based my belief in him based on him not being able to make the role up but now I see he is in the business of research so it makes me trust him a little less.

Vote: manho
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (isolation #29) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:34 am

Post by Juls »

@Fish: I am willing to vote flare. I don't consider manho a newb because I have played a game with him before. When you mod a game you get a new perspective on strategies of players and I have seen scum lurk away and that's why I feel he is likely scum. I am going to keep my vote on manho for now. If I can't garner enough support for manho by Wednesday I will be switching my vote to flare.

@don: Why did you switch to Flare instead of back to manho?
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (isolation #30) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by Juls »

Farside wrote:It's that the same as policy lynching? What is the difference between lurker lynching vs policy lynching?
Because lurking is an actual strategy whereas policy-lynching is based on things that have occurred in games unrelated to the current one. I don't see how this line of question is even relavent as I have explained my stance on this ad nauseum.
Farside wrote:Why do you think there is a 50/50 of one of the neighbors being scum?
You left out the word "probably". It is a reasonable assumption that if 1 or more of the three are scum. And the fact that the two in question were behaving scummily only adds to that.
Farside wrote:I'm not sure if this is a lynching lurker mentaility or a mod mentality seeing scum do this in another game.
I know I had a game where a player lurked and was scum and I see town do it to. It's become a null tell for me.
I just think there is a difference when town lurks because they don't seem to come in every 72 hours or whatever the deadline is and post "more later".

@Elli: I don't follow your logic that scum must have been on anna's wagon late. I would understand if DRK was scum and the switching took place to save him but DRK was town. So wouldn't town want him lynched? It may be a valid point but I am not seeing it.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (isolation #31) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Juls »

Elli, I don't like that you seem to be on every wagon or pushing every person to claim. We already have way too many claims out there.

Vote: Elli
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (isolation #32) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:05 am

Post by Juls »

Sorta V/LA today. I have some school work to attend to. I
may
be able to get on tonight
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (isolation #33) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Juls »

Alright...this is getting ridiculous. I am going to spend some time this weekend going over every person and will try to write up an analysis by Sunday.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (isolation #34) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by Juls »

My apologies but I have been engrossed in some pretty craptacular homework today and didn't get a chance to do analysis. Hopefully I will be able to tomorrow but if I do I can guarantee it will be late because I won't be home until after 7p.m. central. That is also the case for Tuesday. Worst case scenario I get time Wednesday. But I will try to get to it before then.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (isolation #35) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by Juls »

Posting this in all my games:

Please consider me V/LA until Thursday night. I apologize for the inconvienance but this week is very busy for me
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (isolation #36) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by Juls »

This has been an extremely busy week for me and I know I promised to post tonight. However, I will have to hold off until tomorrow because it's late and I have to work tomorrow. I will be able to catch up on all my games tomorrow. This will be my first priority given the deadline.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (isolation #37) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by Juls »

Alright, I have read over today. This is pretty open and shut for me today. It's either SB or Fishy. I still believe 1 of these 2 are scum given the fact that they are "neighbors" and DRK has flipped town. Lots of evidence today pointing to SB:

Summary:
~Informed by fishy that scum timer appeared to be 9-10 days and ignored it. (+town fishy, +scum SB)
~Two OMGUS votes today.
~Likely 50/50 on one of them.

This is what it comes down to today...fishy or SB. If there are 3 scum, we NEED to lynch and lynch correctly because, as farside said, we won't get another chance until after a scum kill and we will have to be lucky to block it or get a vig kill or something which there is no evidence of that so far.

Vote: SB (L-1)

Again, I apologize profusely for being out this week. I know its horrible timing but school and work really piled it on this week. Don, I don't know how this makes me scummy. You can check my other games and see it was a site-wide V/LA.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (isolation #38) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Juls »

vote: fish
You have at least one of those wrong but I agree that fish must be scum now.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (isolation #39) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:17 am

Post by Juls »

my guess is fish/manho/ani. I have been suspicious of manho the whole game. I get a town vibe from you and farside.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (isolation #40) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Juls »

I'm not voting ani...but thanks for paying attention.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (isolation #41) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Juls »

For the record...my lurkiness was completely due to my busy schedule since school has started back. I am contemplating taking a break from mafia until this semester is over.

Good game scum.
Juls

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”