Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Only if people agreed with them :P
I'm old now.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by Plum »

I'm going to a friend's house until Sunday, so I'll be V/LA until then.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by Limerickx »

SC, if that means that they are related to the imprint, then share, and let people decide if they agree or not :-p
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:34 pm

I honestly need too much time and it's just a theory at the moment. I'm OK with the people likely to be imprinted so I'm not too worried.
I'm old now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Yo, I'm still alive Christmas related activites is pretty much eating all my spare time, will resume posting late boxing day(ish)
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #23=-

Alaska (2) - Colorado, Iowa
Colorado (1) - Ohio
Kansas (1) - Virginia

Not Voting (6) - Alaska, Georgia, Hawaii, Montana, Florida, Kansas

6 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #23=-

Hawaii (5) - Hawaii, Kansas, Ohio, Florida, Montana
Montana (4) - Kansas, Alaska, Iowa, Montana
Florida (2) - Florida, Ohio
Georgia (2) - Iowa, Georgia
Virginia (2) - Iowa, Georgia
Ohio (1) - Ohio
Iowa (1) - Iowa
Colorado (0)
Alaska (0)
Kansas (0)

6 to imprint.

ALASKA = SerialClergyman
COLORADO = Messiah
FLORIDA = Limerickx
GEORGIA = Plum
HAWAII = TheButtonmen
IOWA = xRECKONERx
KANSAS = farside22
MONTANA = Pug89
OHIO = Vala Mal Doran
VIRGINIA = elvis_knits

-=Messiah has requested replacement. Now seeking a replacement for Messiah. Pug89 has been prodded.=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=CrashTextDummie replaces Messiah=-
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Aloha. Most of you probably don't know me, but I'm the new Messiah.

I won't read the game until tomorrow, as I'm currently digesting my christmas dinner. Could Vala Mal Doran please explain why he is voting me/my predecessor?

Unvote
, for the time being.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:26 pm

THE SECOND COMING OF THE MESSSIAH!
I'm old now.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Pug89 »

Sorry, I've been gone, busy with the holidays. I'll try to catch up either tomorrow night or Sunday.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

We should really imprint some peeps and go to night phase.
green shirt thursdays
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:31 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I am still here also... busy with holidays, etc. I think my feeling are pretty apparent on most things, although I don't think I'm voting no-lynch yet.

I'm really interested to see if CTD can breathe some new life into this game.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:38 pm

I've managed to read the first 10 pages. Game got off to a very dense start with all the discussion on mechanics.

Coming out of that discussion, I feel reasonably good about Limerickx and TheButtonMen. The latter in particular struck me as pro-town. Worst of the bunch (apart from scum-DN) was Vala Mal Doran, who in forcibly shooting down a possibly game-breaking strategy gave me the feeling that he is scum fearing a forced loss.

At this point in my read-through, VMD is my front-runner for being scum in general. There were a number of small red flags and one big one. There's
lots
of things wrong with that post, among them his treatment of DN, his atrocious LoS and his focus on a lurker.

The other person that struck me as scummy was SerialClergyman, mainly for immediately zoning in on Starbuck and linking her to DN as soon as the opportunity presented itself. I also felt his buddying to Elvis was way disproportionate and just rubbed me the wrong way in general.

This is mostly because Elvis to me is one of the more peculiar players in this game, and a lot of the discussion has centered around her. I felt she also didn't fare well in the strategy discussing part of the early game, and the way she tried to clear SC and herself was worth a raised eyebrow. But even more eyebrow-raising was the verbosity she adopted once people started to question her. I don't consider defensiveness a scum-tell on principle, but in my eyes, she was trying to defend a position she must have realized was flawed. There were some other things about her I disliked (her claim to not have read the scum role PM closely enough to know they don't have a NK which somewhat contradicts her first post of the game in which she urges people to read the rules closely, for example), and the only reason she's not one of my top suspects right now is because I have trouble picturing her as scum with either SC or VMD.

Plum was a bit of a non-entity so far, as was Pug89. The latter in particular seemed to be flying under the radar a bit, and I'll try to keep a closer eye as I continue my read. There's almost no material from Lewarcher82 so far, but what little there is actually didn't sound too bad to me. And one guy hasn't even posted yet.

I'll finish my read tomorrow, and will follow up with a complete and fleshed out analysis.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Limerickx »

CTD, I'd be interested as to where you stand on the lynch-noimprint/lynch-imprint/nolynch-imprint decision. If you would include that in your post, I would appreciate it.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Let's imprint Pug and... well, shit, I guess I'll go with
Imprint: Buttonmen
just to get one out of the way.

Also,
vote: no lynch
while I'm at it.
green shirt thursdays
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Pug89 »

SC wrote:And finally, even if you didn't agree with any of that, how does changing to a no-lynch imprint help me out if I'm scum? There's still a lynch required tomorrow, it's not likely to lead to a mislynch. I personally will not get an imprint any time soon. So why does it benefit me to see power roles assigned?
NL would give you more time to change the towns mind and while you are not likely to get an imprint if you are scum you have partners who could get an imprint.

Vote:No Lynch

I'm for the NL and imprint plan for tonight, I'm already voting to imprint 2 people (buttonmen and myself) so I'll probably just leave it at that since 2 people for imprint seems to be the consensus.

Sorry this is such a sparse posting I've been sick and don't have the energy to go through everything right now, but I'll try to post more tomorrow.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:03 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Unvote

Vote: No lynch

Rereading to figure out who I feel best about imprinting

:Grumbles:
@ all the wall o' text posts
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:54 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Whoa, whoa.

Unvote
, we don't wanna confirm the NL until we've got at least two, possibly three imprints.
green shirt thursdays
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:55 am

Limerickx wrote:CTD, I'd be interested as to where you stand on the lynch-noimprint/lynch-imprint/nolynch-imprint decision. If you would include that in your post, I would appreciate it.
Will do.

I'm currently on page 15, and the game is a serious bitch to read. Plum's posts in particular make my eyes glaze over. I'm curious to find out how SerialClergyman survived D2, cause he seriously screams scum to me.

It'll probably take me several hours, but I'll be done before the night is over.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Limerickx »

Agreed Reck, as long as we agree that we're not going to lynch, the formality of voting for the NL can wait until after we figure out who the other imprint is (Button is already locked in, of course)
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #24=-

No Lynch (2) - Montana, Hawaii
Colorado (1) - Ohio
Kansas (1) - Virginia

Not Voting (6) - Alaska, Georgia, Florida, Kansas, Colorado, Iowa

6 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #24=-

Hawaii (6) - Hawaii, Kansas, Ohio, Florida, Montana, Iowa

Montana (4) - Kansas, Alaska, Iowa, Montana
Florida (2) - Florida, Ohio
Georgia (2) - Iowa, Georgia
Virginia (2) - Iowa, Georgia
Ohio (1) - Ohio
Iowa (1) - Iowa
Colorado (0)
Alaska (0)
Kansas (0)

6 to imprint.

ALASKA = SerialClergyman
COLORADO = CrashTextDummie
FLORIDA = Limerickx
GEORGIA = Plum
HAWAII = TheButtonmen
IOWA = xRECKONERx
KANSAS = farside22
MONTANA = Pug89
OHIO = Vala Mal Doran
VIRGINIA = elvis_knits

Hawaii has received a majority of imprint votes. These votes are now locked in, and Hawaii will receive an imprint at the end of the day.

-=farside22 has been prodded=-
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:55 pm

Could we please not imprint any more people until I get a chance to put my thoughts out on it? I'm currently on page 29.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:27 pm

Got done with my read. I won't get a full analysis out tonight after all, as it's gotten late (3:30 AMish in my neck of the woods), but I can offer preliminary thoughts.

People I want to lynch:
Vala Mal Doran
SerialClergyman
xRECKONERx

roughtly in that order. I feel much stronger about the former two than xRECKONERx. The reason I place Vala Mal Doran on top is because I saw virtually no redeeming values in her posts and she's read scum to me all game long. SerialClergyman was much more outlandish in the scummy stuff he's done (I was flabbergasted by some of the crap he pulled), but there are some instances in his play that make me second guess myself. And I have reason to believe that Vala Mal Doran and him are not scum together. Needless to say, you can expect me to significantly expand on this tomorrow.
Limerickx wrote:CTD, I'd be interested as to where you stand on the lynch-noimprint/lynch-imprint/nolynch-imprint decision. If you would include that in your post, I would appreciate it.
It's hard to disagree with the end of D1 in hindsight. Before I read the game, I would have been in favor of giving out one imprint and nolynching to start things off. SC's hammer is actually something I don't count against himr, as I agree with his (and Elvis') stance of either or when it comes to lynching/imprinting. The D2 lynch left me mostly baffled (mostly because I found the case against Starbuck to be rather weak, and the decision was incredibly rushed). IMO D2 would have been a better time to go for the imprint/nolynch in terms of risk/reward, as the town was ahead and there was no need to rush another lynch.

As for today, I would have been hard-pressed not to push a lynch on one of my top-suspects, but it's a done deal now. I don't really mind the decision. If we're gonna imprint, I'd rather it be sooner than later. I'm inclined to send the game to night with just the one we have, as I'd primarily like to find out what we're dealing with, and therefore don't see the point in raising the chance of imprinting scum by doing any more.

If I had to imprint another person apart from me, it would be Limerickx. There's no one else in the game I feel comfortable enough about.

More tomorrow-
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

So, uh, why do you want to lynch me, since you listed me as a candidate then didn't explain why?
green shirt thursdays
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:06 pm

I'm wondering why I'm not in bed right now, but since I'm not, I might as well answer. This is off the top of my head, since I'm too lazy to consult my notes.

The thing that stuck out to me the most is the way you flip-flopped on D2 from wanting to figure out imprints to voting. You went "figure out imprints first" > vote SC > "no, figure out imprints first" > vote Starbuck. To me, this indicates opportunism more than anything else. I'm convinced there was opportunistic scum on that lynch, and in my estimation, you fit the bill the most.

There's some more stuff, and there's also stuff to counterbalance my suspicion of you (mostly your predecessor's play, but also some other scum candidates on the Starbuck lynch), hence why you're not my top suspect.

I'll get into it more tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”