nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:06 am

Post by nhammen »

Vote Countmuh316 (1): julienvonwolfe
Not voting (9): don_johnson, PaltryExcuse, Debonair Danny DiPietro, muh316, CallMeLiam, Scott Brosius, Chinaman, Albert B. Rampage, Torqez

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:41 am

Post by don_johnson »

hmmmm,

scum slip, lack of response, end of day lurking.

vote: chinaman

we're not going to get anywhere sitting around, holding hands and singing "kumbayah".
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

Chinaman wrote:Ok, D1 ended with a scum lynch, good. This game has officially peeked my interest.
So you weren't interested before? The D1 'slip' wasn't great, but this seems way less than pro-town.

Still
really
looking forward to that Brosius post.
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:32 pm

Post by Chinaman »

CallMeLiam wrote:
Chinaman wrote:Ok, D1 ended with a scum lynch, good. This game has officially peeked my interest.
So you weren't interested before? The D1 'slip' wasn't great, but this seems way less than pro-town.

Still
really
looking forward to that Brosius post.
Ok, wtf are you guys talking about a slip for? I'm at a loss here. And no, I wasn't really interested before. The game was slow and dry and I was happy with my vote on Torq.

DJ: What scum slip? Lack of response to what? And yes, I wasn't around end of day.

Try explaining your votes better, might get more followers with thought out logic.
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

DJ pointed out a 'slip' in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 16#2008916]this/url] post. I'm not sure that's what it was, and it felt like DJ was reaching at the time which is what I meant by wasn't great.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:03 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Hmm, waiting on a reaction from muh to my vote.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:17 am

Post by don_johnson »

CallMeLiam wrote:DJ pointed out a 'slip' in this post. I'm not sure that's what it was, and it felt like DJ was reaching at the time which is what I meant by wasn't great.
yes, and regardless of the "quality" of the slip, you never responded or acknowledged it. You lurked through until deadline nearly costing us a no lynch. sitting on a wagon you're happy with and not checking the thread before deadline is anti-town.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

V/LA - I'll be back Saturday
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:23 am

Post by Chinaman »

Ok, I didn't respond to that 'slip' because it's so retarded I didn't feel the need to respond to it. Seriously, it's a matter of how people speak. Try saying it out loud with a sarcastic tone and you'll see how retarded it is to try and make it out to be something it's not.

Still going to go back and read through.
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:55 am

Post by don_johnson »

Chinaman wrote:Ok, I didn't respond to that 'slip' because it's so retarded I didn't feel the need to respond to it. Seriously, it's a matter of how people speak. Try saying it out loud with a sarcastic tone and you'll see how retarded it is to try and make it out to be something it's not.

Still going to go back and read through.
so then may we characterize your activity near deadline as "active lurking"? if you saw the post but chose not to respond based on its retardedness, then you should have also been aware of the approaching deadline and the pliability of the popular wagons. basically, you are admitting that you "chose" to ignore the deadline.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Holidays is cray-zee. L/A
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by muh316 »

julienvonwolfe wrote:Hmm, waiting on a reaction from muh to my vote.
What do you want me to say.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

The logical course of action would be for you to explain why you made the posts that I dislike, and/or to explain why I am misinterpreting them. You could also present a counterargument as to why Josh's little crusade against you was not distancing.

The fact that you haven't done so suggests that perhaps you admit to the accusations, in which case you're admitting you're scum. I don't think that was what you intended, though?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:22 am

Post by muh316 »

Why didnt you like this post I made
muh316 wrote:Wow great lynch guys. One scum down. And welcome Albert and i really liked that old avatar DDD this one makes me want to punch it in the face. And I guess were back at RVS.
and what over deliberate explanation did i ever make
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:04 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

don_johnson wrote:
CallMeLiam wrote:DJ pointed out a 'slip' in this post. I'm not sure that's what it was, and it felt like DJ was reaching at the time which is what I meant by wasn't great.
yes, and regardless of the "quality" of the slip, you never responded or acknowledged it. You lurked through until deadline nearly costing us a no lynch. sitting on a wagon you're happy with and not checking the thread before deadline is anti-town.
I never responded or acknowledged it because I didn't think it was a slip or worth mentioning. I didn't lurk through til deadline, I shifted my vote when it was clear my preferred lynch wasn't happening and I did it with plenty of time to spare, like I had previously said I would. I think you're confusing me with someone else in the last half of that post.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:19 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

muh316 wrote:Why didnt you like this post I made
muh316 wrote:Wow great lynch guys. One scum down. And welcome Albert and i really liked that old avatar DDD this one makes me want to punch it in the face. And I guess were back at RVS.
"Wow great lynch guys?" - Why did you need to post that? Was it to show the town that we'd lynched scum and that you approved? Is that not taken for granted already?

"Welcome Albert, etc..." - Why do you need to post this? It's spam - or worse, buddying.

"were back at RVS" - that would be great for scum, wouldn't it?

muh316 wrote:Im just going to join the wagon because of the deadline. it seemed to pass by so fast. So we should probably just get on a good wagon for now.
Vote Josh Lyman
This is an over deliberate deadline wagoning if I ever saw one. You explain your vote three different ways in three sentences despite having the same basic reasoning in each.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:54 am

Post by don_johnson »

CallMeLiam wrote:
I never responded or acknowledged it because I didn't think it was a slip or worth mentioning. I didn't lurk through til deadline, I shifted my vote when it was clear my preferred lynch wasn't happening and I did it with plenty of time to spare, like I had previously said I would. I think you're confusing me with someone else in the last half of that post.
sorry, liam. that post was directed at chinaman. you didn't lurk, and you didn't need to respond to the slip. i have no issue with you at the current time.

my point here:

i pointed out slip. chinaman never responded, lurked til deadline without giving an opinion on, or joining the lead wagon.

today, when asked, chinaman states, "what slip?", implying he didn't even read my posting. this supports the idea that he was absent from the thread at the end of the day. then he backtracks and states that he
did
, in fact, read the slip post and didn't respond because it was "retarded". this does not suggest someone who was merely absent from the thread, but more someone who was actively lurking. i.e. reading and not responding. now, why would someone "actively lurk" near deadline when votes are needed for the town to lynch. regardless of the coming flip, a no lynch on day 1 is terrible play. townies should do whatever possible to avoid it. real life getting in the way of participation is one thing, but active lurking is decisive play.

i currently like jvm's point on muh. we need more votes on both players.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:57 am

Post by muh316 »

julienvonwolfe wrote:
muh316 wrote:Why didnt you like this post I made
"Wow great lynch guys?" - Why did you need to post that? Was it to show the town that we'd lynched scum and that you approved? Is that not taken for granted already?

"Welcome Albert, etc..." - Why do you need to post this? It's spam - or worse, buddying.

"were back at RVS" - that would be great for scum, wouldn't it?

muh316 wrote:Im just going to join the wagon because of the deadline. it seemed to pass by so fast. So we should probably just get on a good wagon for now.
Vote Josh Lyman
This is an over deliberate deadline wagoning if I ever saw one. You explain your vote three different ways in three sentences despite having the same basic reasoning in each.

Great lynch was just a mere statement and so is the second one.
And were back at RVS was just for because we were back at RVS atleast I thought.
Yeah I have the same reasoning on all three of them. I just said that I was getting on a good wagon.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:24 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Hey I like me a good welcome.

Guys, let me get your opinion here, which name sounds cooler:

Albert B. RAMPAGE, or julien von wolfe? Hmmmm?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:41 am

Post by don_johnson »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Hey I like me a good welcome.

Guys, let me get your opinion here, which name sounds cooler:

Albert B. RAMPAGE, or julien von wolfe? Hmmmm?
to be honest, julien flows better, but it sounds a bit girlie. so i'd have to go with albert, unless julien gets a sex change.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Mod: Prod/Replace: Scott Brosius
... lame.

It's pretty shallow but given the way the wagon went I'm most suspicious of those not on it at day end, because it would've been easy to try and ride out the lynch. Which means I'm looking at Scott (or his replacement), Chinaman, el simo/ABR, and good ole Torquez.

Chinaman is probably last on that list, I think the slip that DJ is touting seems to be more easily attributed to the tone of Chinaman's posts. El Simo/ABR is third, but I really need to see something out of the player slot because El Simo basically chased around me the entire day and then went missing. Scott and Torquez offered the town absolutely nothing on day one so that's where my interest lies.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:02 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

In a turnaround from early day one, I agree with D_j that julien has been damn pro-town so far today and I also like his building of a case on muh although I'm not sure that it isn't a little tunnel visioned.

Chinaman I really didn't like the fact that you claimed D1 disinterested you. If the game is stagnating the best way out is posting and attacking, not your lurking til the end of the day. don's right, we need votes to get the game moving:
vote: Chinaman

It's been quiet over Christmas but hope fully I'll be able to post more and so will everyone else.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:26 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

In ISO, Scott appears to have done nothing worthwhile. He comments repeatedly on how the 'replacement talk' on day 1 was a series of null tells, and yet provides little of anything else. Then he brings up 'Torqez isn't scumhunting' and votes for him.
Scott Brosius wrote:
Torqez wrote:
How interesting that you'd stick me for no contribution, yet you're agreeing with a person without even reading them in ISO. Yes, Scott himself has had excellent contribution to this game.

And I find it quite stupid that through your own admittance you say that RVS is stupid, and me even saying that we're struggling to get out of it, yet you vote me for not 'scumhunting' out of it.
Attempting to deflect attention onto me instead of adequately defending yourself is not helping your case.

Why is everyone trying to read into replacements so much? The first game I played in on this site I replaced in as scum. I have also replaced in as town. I think its a useless topic to pursue and is distracting from actual scum-hunting.
This post tells you Scott Brosius's opinions for the entire day, and it's not much.
A) Torqez isn't scumhunting. I'd argue that he did, and more so than Scott.
His attack on Chinaman was slightly OMGUSy, but he did go after him.
He points out a post of JVW's that he finds odd.
Overall, not a lot, but still some effort was made.
B) Replacement talk is not good.

Funny thing though. Scott says at one point he's found that scum often lurks. Then later, after disappearing for 3 days, he returns with a question for Josh. If he had questions about Josh, and there was a looming deadline, why didn't he vote for the lynch? The deadline appears at the top of page 1. Scum hoping a no lynch will go through? I think yes.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:35 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

I forgot this part:
Vote: Scott Brosius
nhammen
nhammen