Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

HackerHuck wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Mr Suave

Just because we're discussing 5cvm at the moment doesn't mean you get to lurk, Suave.
Not a good reason to be voting for either MrSuave or for 5cvm.

do you think that MrSuave is really scummy for lurking or are you just trying to derail the wagon on 5cvm?
I like my little post against MrSuave, but I must confess a weak stomach when I pose myself the question of whether it is enough to lynch. I would say that his current lurking is allowing much of the heat to be turned upon 5cvm (so much that I was reconsidering my stance on 5cvm which was to let him live a day and give myself time to get my own impression)
That right there bothers me though. I think that self-preservation may justify the action whether town or scum, but I don't think he should be allowed to do it. I approve of the added vote.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Budja »

@5vcm, noted.

I will be more lenient with prodding/posting around Christmas.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by Budja »

Votecount5 - 5cvm: (HackerHuck, kikuchiyo, xvart, PHANTOM, Unity)
3 - MrSuave: (Ectomancer, Gerhard Krause, Nachomamma8)
1 - Nachomamma8: (MrSuave)

Not Voting: Green Crayons, 5cvm, raider8169

With
alive it will take
to lynch.

Deadline:
9th January
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by MrSuave »

well mr.mama, I'm not lurking the game, I'm working 2 jobs atm (1 seasonal, my regular part-time) so I don't have much time right now. but for that "scumtell", I don't think you can really say that. you've never played with me before. if you look at my other games you'll find that everyone seems to think I'm scummy =p. so believe what you want, but I'm no scum member. also, why are you trying to set up a lynch for tomorrow? D: that's not very good mr.mama, not good.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Here's a hot tip.

Saying that you always appear scummy isn't a defence, rather a reason to lynch you.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

but for that "scumtell", I don't think you can really say that. you've never played with me before.
I know a scumtell when I see one, despite whose name is to the left of it.
also, why are you trying to set up a lynch for tomorrow?
Where was I trying to set up a lynch for tomorrow...?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
PHANTOM
PHANTOM
Goon
PHANTOM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by PHANTOM »

@5vcm: you haven't answered any of my questions.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:45 am

Post by raider8169 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Ah, that would do it, though to lie like that would normally mean he is scum. In this case I am seeing just him being an ass. So my wanting him to be lynched seems to be more of his play style then him being scum, at least at the moment.
Which is not a lynch I want to occur on Day 1. It's exactly the kind of lynch scum want to occur; a lynch they can push for without a real case against a person; which is the simple reason why I feel we shouldn't be lynching him right now. If he begins to cause harm to the town or gives us considerable reason to believe he's scum, then we lynch him; however, I don't think that he's done either of these things.
I have been known to think this for large games but for smaller games like this is he someone we can afford to have in the game for endgame? Today might not be the best day to lynch him but there is always information to learn from his lynch if there is not someone clearly scummy to lynch.

Overall I do not think we are at the point where there is no one else to look at and we should just give up and lynch him. After the holidays I should have time to go into more details.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Gerhard Krause »

I'm actually happier with my vote now than when I made it. If you have meta showing that you always behave a certain way, that's one thing. But the fact that you always behave scummy means exactly what HackerHuck said it means, i.e. to lynch you for being scummy.

But by god there is a solution! Stop behaving scummy!
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:03 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Unvote, Vote: Mr. Suave

We seem to have two good candidates here. Lets see who wants to lynch who. Nothing like day 1 competing wagons. :)
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:40 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I'm not getting over this, coughing up blood this morning so I'm headed back to the doctor.

request replacement
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Awww... Sorry to hear that, Ecto. I was looking forward to playing another game with you... :(. Hope you feel better though!

That being said, let's get some more votes on Mr. Suave.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Post by Budja »

Searching for Ectomancer replacement now.
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by MrSuave »

kikuchiyo wrote:

We seem to have two good candidates here. Lets see who wants to lynch who. Nothing like day 1 competing wagons. :)
so what, you're just jumping on my wagon just because? or do you have a reason?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Can we get a prod on like... Everyone?

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

MrSuave wrote:
kikuchiyo wrote:

so what, you're just jumping on my wagon just because? or do you have a reason?
I like ecto and Gerhard's reasoning. Competing wagons are good for town. They generate discussion and force more analysis and content imo.
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I'm going to have spotty internet access for the next couple of days due to travel, but I'll be back and more active by Wednesday.
noted
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:34 pm

Post by Budja »

wolframnhart replaces Ectomancer

Mass-prod being sent out. Christmas is over now!.

raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:16 am

Post by raider8169 »

Got my mass prod, will post more soon either today or tomorrow. Holidays and all...
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:06 am

Post by Green Crayons »

raider8169 wrote:Got my mass prod, will post more
soon either today or
tomorrow. Holidays and all...
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:09 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Well hello everyone! Looks like I will be replacing Ecto and luckily this seems like it will be a quick catch up read. I will be posting some thoughts shortly after I am done :)
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:38 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Ok after a nice read here are some thoughts:

raider8169: No real read on him at this time, he could be town, he could be scum, i am leaning into scum but don't have enough to prove that theory. I get what he was saying about his vote against nacho, because yes if nacho was lynched and flipped scum, 5cvm was right and probably town, if nacho flipped town, 5cvm was lying and would have been next days lynch. Raiders next posts are explaining about his vote and then questions about others posts, but i can see some of his posts as more fence sitting, saying he wants to see 5cvm lynched, but not voting him.

HackerHuck: I believe hacker to be town. He has taken a pretty solid stance against 5cvm, explaining why he believes him to be scum, and even though he hasn't posted much, but what he has posted hasn't given me a scum vibe at all.

MrSuave: Either scum or so anti-town he might as well be scum. He still has his original RV up on Nacho, has not contributed to scum hunting at all, and admits in his game everyone thinks he is scummy, which to me says "Hey everyone, in all my other games people think i am scummy, but im not this time i swear! *sends in night action". When nacho first had votes on him in RVS Mr. Suave had said if nacho had gotten to L-1/2 he would have unvoted and said something was off. Yet when Nacho got back to L-1 Suave did nothing but ask for a vote count. To what point? He says he was too lazy to count votes, and was going off of someone else's opinion that naco was not at L-1. Suave if you are too lazy to count votes, I doubt you will be helping the town at all. If anything I see Suave trying to look town by asking for counts and saying he didn't want a hammer or day 1 to end on page 4.

kikuchiyo: Scum. I do not like the fact that she feels the need to call people assholes, not really necessary imo. Also her vote on Nacho seemed more opportunistic then anything. She claims it was because he did not answer her questions she put out there, but lets take a look at who did not answer them, which would be nacho, Unity, Phantom, Suave, and Green Crayons, yet out of all those apparently Nacho is the scummy one out of those five names for not answering you? Of course that just happens to be after 5cvm says he has info on Nacho that makes him scum.

PHANTOM: Too few posts to give a good read. it's only 7 pages so far, but still seems to be lurking more then anything.

Nachomamma8: Town. I like the questions he was asking in the beginning against Gerhard, and his opinions in general right now. He has had some pretty good insight on people and I can agree with his vote on the scumtell against Suave.

xvart: A fairly decent town read is what I am getting on this guy. Has had some good posts, scum hunting fairly well with his questions, and I like his case agaisnt 5cvm.

Green Crayons: Hard to tell. It seems like he is scum hunting, but has had too few posts or at least posts with real content.

Gerhard Krause: Another hard to tell. Not a lot of posts, but then I am noticing his posting was slightly more frequent when he was under fire, but since then have died down.

Unity: Too lurkish, no real read.

5cvm: Starts off with saying he had "role information" on Nacho, continuing by saying he not only is town, but has a power role on top of it. What town member would feel the need to say they are town AND admit they have a power role right off the bat? I can only see this as scum trying to keep people from lynching him because he
might
actually be town and have a power role. Then he goes on to say his information is more "static" and that it's all based on flavor and nacho's earlier posts make it fit. He was also calling for votes against nacho, yet seemed surprised that Nacho got to L-1 by page 4, why would that seem surprising with this apparent info you say you had against him? Which now seems to have been a gambit because you have unvoted him and placed him in the town category. Too many things don't seem to fit here for me.

All that said:
Vote 5cvm
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:27 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

wolframnhart wrote:
kikuchiyo: Scum. I do not like the fact that she feels the need to call people assholes, not really necessary imo. Also her vote on Nacho seemed more opportunistic then anything. She claims it was because he did not answer her questions she put out there, but lets take a look at who did not answer them, which would be nacho, Unity, Phantom, Suave, and Green Crayons, yet out of all those apparently Nacho is the scummy one out of those five names for not answering you? Of course that just happens to be after 5cvm says he has info on Nacho that makes him scum.
I am not sure why this one was so difficult to understand. I asked questions. A couple players answered. I voted the one who asnwered uncooperatively. Conversation went in a different direction, with 5cvm "gambitting" with his supposed role information, there was really no need for me to drag discussion back to my questions. Btw, your vote on 5cvm doesn't read well. Why is he scum, and not just poor town? I only ask because your vote happened to land on the lead wagon. Maybe do some meta research. Did you read xvart's post on 5cvm? Please explain, in your own words, xvart's case on 5cvm. No looking back now...
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:43 am

Post by wolframnhart »

I believe 5cvm to be scum and not poor town because of the fact that there was no need to state he was both town and had a power role, I do not see even a poor town player doing that right off the bat, it feels more like a scum player trying to protect himself from the gambit he was going to do. And I do not mind that my vote has landed on the "lead wagon." I am not going to not vote someone just because of that. I feel that 5cvm is the scummiest right now, with you following soon after.

I do not so meta research, never have, only because I feel every game is different and people might switch up their play, and I do not want to go off an old game and be wrong, I am in this game with such and such person and am going to base their play off this game. Maybe down the road that will be a mistake for me to do, but it is how I think.

Xvatrs case against 5cvm is somewhat like mine. He is curious as to why 5cvm felt the need to claim a power role, that either 5cvm is lying about his role, or that his information is a lie (which lying is never good for the town imo).

And as far as your vote against Nacho Kik, you said:
Kikuchiyo wrote:I am voting Nacho for his decision to not answer my questions.
And now you say:
Kikuchiyo wrote:I voted the one who asnwered uncooperatively.
Which is two separate things btw. Also can you point out where Nacho gave you this uncooperative answer compared the the others that did not answer and the differences between them?
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:22 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

wolframnhart wrote:I believe 5cvm to be scum and not poor town because of the fact that there was no need to state he was both town and had a power role, I do not see even a poor town player doing that right off the bat, it feels more like a scum player trying to protect himself from the gambit he was going to do. And I do not mind that my vote has landed on the "lead wagon." I am not going to not vote someone just because of that. I feel that 5cvm is the scummiest right now, with you following soon after.
Fair enough.
wolf wrote:
And as far as your vote against Nacho Kik, you said:
Kikuchiyo wrote:I am voting Nacho for his decision to not answer my questions.
And now you say:
Kikuchiyo wrote:I voted the one who asnwered uncooperatively.
Which is two separate things btw.
Also can you point out where Nacho gave you this uncooperative answer compared the the others that did not answer and the differences between them
?
Kind of an inconsequential difference here. Its not two separate things unless you actively try to make them seperate things, as you are doing. If you've read the thread then you should be able to find Nacho's "uncooperative answer". But for shits and giggles:
Nachomamma8 wrote: Kikuchiyo: Random questions annoy me, so... no.
Nacho then got lambasted for asking questions other players found irrelevant. End result: I don't have a problem with Nacho atm. Like my earlier post, I would like to point out that my vote on Nacho was way more sensical than the other two(5cvm and his "gambit" vote, Raider and his false dilemma vote.)

You and I probably aren't going to agree much. You seem to think Raider's vote was based off of good logic. It wasn't. Raider embraced a false dilemma, ignoring possibilities that existed. I really don't want to have this conversation again.

I like your vote on 5cvm, so I'm not going to press this issue. Thank you for posting and taking a stand. If 5cvm flips mafia I'm glad to deal with the heat tomorrow.

One question: Do you believe that the scum team is "kikuchiyo, Mr. Suave, and 5cvm"? Or are your suspicions of each player independent?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”