Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:34 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I think it is pretty obvious that Kyle is scum. That's the one thing that these seven pages do tell me. His hammer yesterday was completely ridiculous and uncalled for. He should be the lynch for today.

That said we need to push this day out for as long as we can because like Hito said we need more talking to get more scum hunting done. I am unsure really as to who Kyle's partner is and that is my focus today.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:02 am

Post by kyle99 »

Lot's of people still alive today voted him as scum, how is a hammer worse than a vote?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:04 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

hitogoroshi 134 wrote: I'm not even that happy voting at ALL when multiple players have basicially said nothing; but we also desperately need to get this game moving and so I picked the scummiest player I could find. I think it goes without saying I certainly don't want a lynch until everyone is fully in this game.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:18 am

Post by Sotty7 »

kyle99 wrote:Lot's of people still alive today voted him as scum, how is a hammer worse than a vote?
Cause the hammer ends the day clearly. When we already had a quick day the day before you seemed overly eager to limit the town discussion even more which is very, very scummy to me.

What exactly were your reasons for hammering in the manner you did? What was it that mykonian said in those two posts that made you think he was scum?
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:46 am

Post by kyle99 »

Sotty7 wrote:
kyle99 wrote:Lot's of people still alive today voted him as scum, how is a hammer worse than a vote?
Cause the hammer ends the day clearly. When we already had a quick day the day before you seemed overly eager to limit the town discussion even more which is very, very scummy to me.

What exactly were your reasons for hammering in the manner you did? What was it that mykonian said in those two posts that made you think he was scum?
I hammered because I thought he was scum, why else? Are you going to vote to lynch the person that hammers town in every single game? Because that's just stupid.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:55 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

At this point kyle99 has dug himself a hole, and now knowing mykonian was town, his call to lynch kyle is all more valid.

That leaves Qoop, Hito, Sotty7, and myself.

Unfortunately everyone of us four is a replacement, and I've noticed play changes (namely actually posting) from the replacements, which throws off any reading you get from the originals. Qoop is the closest to original, as the person she replaced never posted.

Honestly, I don't know what to make of it at this moment, I feel like Qoop and Hito have been really solid so far. Sotty7, I know your trying to make up for Chaco's lack of posting.

If we are talking about hammers, then what about the fact that it was Qoop that was the one to finish off CSL? She unvoted to prevent anyone from getting trigger happy, then killed off discussion herself by finalizing the vote. This is about the closest thing to a lead I found, besides Chaco not posting much of anything and joe with his weird comment about being jailkept.

Also, looking at the role pms, we *should* have a tracker. I'm not sure how it works, but can the tracker see who targeted the person who was night-killed?

The tracker targets a player. I tell them who that person targeted, if anyone. (However, if the tracker was roleblocked, I tell them that.) - ToD
Welcome to the Network.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:47 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

kyle99 wrote: I hammered because I thought he was scum, why else? Are you going to vote to lynch the person that hammers town in every single game? Because that's just stupid.
Do you seriously not recognize the different factors at stake here? We had a very very quick D1 with CSL's wankery, we NEEDED a long d2. And you killed it. For a contrasting point, look at D1. CSL did something only scum should be doing, so we hammered. But myko was fighting and there had hardly been any D2 content. So we didn't want to hammer - but you did anyway.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

kyle99 Post 179 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:

I hammered because I thought he was scum, why else? Are you going to vote to lynch the person that hammers town in every single game? Because that's just stupid.
No this is a bullshit answer.

Mykonian made several very interesting posts and SUDDENLY you were convinced (READ:99% sure) that he was scum. Surely there must be a reason as to
why
you think this. I want you tell us the reason.

The fact you can't means there was none and pretty much tells me you wanted to shut him up as he was posting. He made a point in one post clearing both my player slot and Hito's player slot, my working theroy right now is that he was right in calling the both of us town and you freaked out dropping an unreasoned scummy hammer.

That leaves me with Qooq and kunkstar7 as your possible partners.

Qooq was a strange one. I would feel extreme pro town vibes from him but then there would be times that would ping my scumdar. I will take another look.

Kunkstar7 replaced drownmage who did nothing and Kunk himself has just provided us with this awesome piece of scumminess.
kunkstar7 Post 180 wrote:Also, looking at the role pms, we *should* have a tracker. I'm not sure how it works, but can the tracker see who targeted the person who was night-killed?
If you were really looking at the role PMs you would know what the tracker does and how it works. Your rolefishing here is noted.

Right now I'm thinking a kunkstar Kyle scum team.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Alright, if that's what you think, than fine, vote me. However, keep in mind this is LyLo, so make sure you get it right.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

lol Nice fear mongering. We all know it's lylo thanks.

If you really were town you would be answering my questions.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Sotty7 wrote:lol Nice fear mongering. We all know it's lylo thanks.

If you really were town you would be answering my questions.
What questions did you ask that I haven't already answered?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Why exactly you hammered myk. Saying "I thought he was scum" is not good enough.

I want to know
why
you thought he was scum.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Sotty7 wrote:Why exactly you hammered myk. Saying "I thought he was scum" is not good enough.

I want to know
why
you thought he was scum.
Because of his voting habits. On day two, he voted joe, than drowmage, and than CKD. To much vote hoping for my liking, so I hammered him.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Sotty7 wrote:
kunkstar7 Post 180 wrote:Also, looking at the role pms, we *should* have a tracker. I'm not sure how it works, but can the tracker see who targeted the person who was night-killed?
If you were really looking at the role PMs you would know what the tracker does and how it works. Your rolefishing here is noted.
Actually I was asking an honest question. This is the first game I've been in that has had something besides basic roles, I've only just completed my newbie game last night. Thanks for the answer ToD.

As it were, actually a role reveal of the tracker would not harm the town considering where we are. If this role extends to the mafia nightkilling, then possibly the tracker got lucky? Right now we need all the information we can get.

Right now I'm actually considering that sotty is possibly Kyle's scumpartner, just serving him up to keep himself seeming town.
Welcome to the Network.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:11 am

Post by Sotty7 »

kyle99 Post 187 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Why exactly you hammered myk. Saying "I thought he was scum" is not good enough.

I want to know
why
you thought he was scum.
Because of his voting habits. On day two, he voted joe, than drowmage, and than CKD. To much vote hoping for my liking, so I hammered him.
Nope not buying this.

Your hammer post is clearly a reaction to the posts myk made and had little to do with his voting record otherwise
you would have mentioned that

The only reason I am not voting for you right now is because we can ill afford another quick day and I need to smoke out your buddy.
kunkstar7 Post 188 wrote:As it were, actually a role reveal of the tracker would not harm the town considering where we are. If this role extends to the mafia nightkilling, then possibly the tracker got lucky? Right now we need all the information we can get.

Right now I'm actually considering that sotty is possibly Kyle's scumpartner, just serving him up to keep himself seeming town.
Okay, lets say I give you the benefit of the doubt here. The tracker PM does make it pretty clear I think but if you are as new as you claim the question could be valid.

Are you saying you want the tracker to claim right now? I personally don't think the tracker should claim unless they have information that discredits the Kyle scum theory, do you disagree? Having the tracker make it to end game is the key here, we lynch Kyle, he flips scum the tracker turns into a cop because there is only one scum team member left to make the kill.

Also the more we talk about the tracker, the easier it is for the scum to pick out who IS the tracker. The less hints they are given the better.

To your last point about bussing what exactly have I done that is scummy to you to make you think I am Kyle's partner?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:57 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Sotty7 wrote:
kunkstar7 Post 188 wrote:As it were, actually a role reveal of the tracker would not harm the town considering where we are. If this role extends to the mafia nightkilling, then possibly the tracker got lucky? Right now we need all the information we can get.

Okay, lets say I give you the benefit of the doubt here. The tracker PM does make it pretty clear I think but if you are as new as you claim the question could be valid.

Are you saying you want the tracker to claim right now? I personally don't think the tracker should claim unless they have information that discredits the Kyle scum theory, do you disagree? Having the tracker make it to end game is the key here, we lynch Kyle, he flips scum the tracker turns into a cop because there is only one scum team member left to make the kill.

Also the more we talk about the tracker, the easier it is for the scum to pick out who IS the tracker. The less hints they are given the better.
Yes that makes sense, and that's why I wanted clarification, because as you stated it makes the tracker much more valuable in endgame. If you noticed I did not ask for a claim, I just wanted clarification as to how the tracker worked.
Sotty7 wrote:To your last point about bussing what exactly have I done that is scummy to you to make you think I am Kyle's partner?
Despite your claims to be looking for the partner you haven't really given much of anything about any possible partners, just continuing to hammer against Kyle. I understand what you are saying against Kyle, but have you gained any insight into anyone by this?
Welcome to the Network.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Qooq needs to post for me to really get anywhere with that right now. There has only been 7/8 pages of content with Kyle being the only orginal player left which does make this very hard.

You can only get so much from this thread right now which is why we need to be super aggressive and post whores. (But not spammy)

On that note kunk, outside of myself and Kyle what do you think about the other two players?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:18 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

I've been getting town reads from hito and Qoop mostly.
Alothugh Qoop has had a bit of oddities. Qoop commented on kyle's voting pattern early on, placing a FOS on him, but never really going anywhere with that. She also FOS'ed Myko for the same reason.
Qooq wrote: At this point though, I'm not really sure what to do. With people replacing in it's hard to go for a lurker lynch, especially when they can't really provide a good reason for the person lurking in the first place. I guess I would be down for a lurker lynch on principle, though. I'm guessing that with CSL basically screwing the town over it would be tempting to sit back and watch the town implode and not say anything. As cynical as this is going to sound though, I'm not sure that 'everyone getting active and posting' will really help much of anything.
In the above quote she says she would be okay with a lurker lynch, which I think in this game would not be the way to go with the amount of lurkers it started with. She then continues to go on how that she doesn't think that any discussion will help? and she thinks its tempting to just watch the town apart? Honestly this doesn't seem like going for a town win condition.
Welcome to the Network.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Hmm good point.

Well I am currently reading another game I just replaced in that is 40+ pages. Once I have made a post in there I will be coming back here and doing ISO of everyone who is alive and posting my findings. So expect a post from me probably this time tomorrow unless I get snowed in and lose power.

I do agree with your town read on Hito at the moment though. I would like to know his opinions on the players left in the game.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:42 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Hmm. My strong town read on Qooq is being dulled by her (girl avatar so I'm sticking with 'she', apologies if I guessed wrong :p) lack of posting. She's been pretty noncontroversial and reasonable, and while this is a good thing in most circumstances I can't help but get the feeling that Qooq is coasting in a game by taking the easy targets (namely CSL, and her fos of myko.) It'll really depend on what she posts, because I WANT her to be town - but it's hard to be too confident about that with so little coming from that slot since last I mentioned it.

Sotty actually made the chaco slot happen. I think I'm gonna go ahead and call sotty-town, at least for today, because quite frankly if Sotty is scum I think we're SOL right now. She is that wonderful combination of a.)reasonable and b.)here that the town needs right now.

kunk is the one I'm most ambivalent about. What looks like scumhunting in one light looks like empty question-asking in the other. I'm gonna need to look over kunk again before I can come to a good decision.

I also really want to lynch kyle, but his current posting style seems to be a weird combination of confrontational, lazy, and reaction-seeking. This is fairly scummy but it's also EXACTLY the townie personality I would expect to super-prematurely hammer.

So a lot depends on what comes out of the qooq slot here.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

On the one hand, I'd like to be generous, since it's the holidays and all. On the other hand, Qooq hasn't posted on site in close to two weeks, and has been replaced in one of her two other games, which has me seriously considering replacement myself. I'll settle for a prod.

Reminder: If you are going to be V/LA, it is YOUR JOB to let me know ahead of time.

In related news, I'm changing the amount of time I allow between prod and replacement from 60 to 48 hours, effective immediately. - ToD
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Well that sucks. Hopefully she comes back and doesn't need to be replaced.

Also I have been pretty lazy over the last couple of days because of Christmas. I'll get back on the ball tomorrow.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:10 am

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Come to think of it, I probably should have prodded kyle99 on Friday, too. One massprod coming right up, folks; for three of you, it'll also count as Prod #1.

Also, I'm going to tentatively set a deadline for Monday, January 4, ~10:00 pm CST. - ToD
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:45 am

Post by kyle99 »

Trumpet of Doom wrote:
Come to think of it, I probably should have prodded kyle99 on Friday, too. One massprod coming right up, folks; for three of you, it'll also count as Prod #1.

Also, I'm going to tentatively set a deadline for Monday, January 4, ~10:00 pm CST. - ToD
So did you find a replacement for Qooq?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:20 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

So if we assume the deadline does come on the fourth, we are looking at about a week of discussion until the deadline.

@Hito: Taking into account this:
Hito wrote:I also really want to lynch kyle, but his current posting style seems to be a weird combination of confrontational, lazy, and reaction-seeking. This is fairly scummy but it's also EXACTLY the townie personality I would expect to super-prematurely hammer.
If it comes down to a deadline lynch, would you be opposed to a kyle lynch? He seems to be the strongest lead we have at the moment, with the possibility of Qoop as the partner. Your reasoning for reading Sotty as town is the same I have for you, so that basically brings it down to those two in my mind.
Welcome to the Network.

Return to “Completed Open Games”