Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I have pneumonia. It sucks (and wheezes)

Hackerhuck I took it to be crap beginning of game antics. Personally I mostly ignored it, especially from the hints at 5cvm reputation of (annoying? bad?) play. Here's my latest at being stung with similiar crap.

viewtopic.php?t=12330&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Adel and Korts were supposed to get back to me a review on that game because I asked them to read it over. Looking it over, I don't see where I would have done things differently, except maybe places where I had a coin flip it might have gone the other way.

I'm torn between doing things the way I did there (ie if it looks scummy, lynch it), despite the way it turned out, because the logic is good; and figuring out some method of figuring out who is scum and who is just being stupid. I dont want to lose because Im too willing to lynch stupid.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by xvart »

Nachomamma8 wrote:120 was a pretty useless post, xvart. Got some sage advice to share with us?
Nope, no sage advice at this point. I'm waiting on 5cvm to respond, which was why I posted my "useless" post.

xvart.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Sorry I've been less active than normal. Leading up to christmas and all. I would consider voting 5cvm, but only after I see his response. So far there are no other outstanding scum, but maybe that means some rereading is in order
Unity
Unity
Townie
Unity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Unity »

Read over it all again. Willing to hang 5cvm. He may have been just fishing for info with his gambit but he seemed pretty willing to let it go all the way on someone he had no sound basis for thinking they were scum.

Vote: 5cvm

and btw, I'm off till after new years so I expect to be much more involved after tonight. Yay. 
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Mod: Can we get a vote count?

ecto wrote:I dont want to lose because Im too willing to lynch stupid.
Words of wisdom. I get the feeling there might be quite a bit "stupid" floating around this thread.
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:36 pm

Post by Budja »

Votecount5 - 5cvm: (HackerHuck, kikuchiyo, xvart, PHANTOM, Unity)
2 - MrSuave: (Ectomancer, Gerhard Krause)
1 - Nachomamma8: (MrSuave)
1 - raider8169: (Nachomamma8)

Not Voting: Green Crayons,, 5cvm, raider8169

With
alive it will take
to lynch.

Deadline:
9th January

5cvm is being prodded

(Just an note that I am semi-V/LA from now until after Christmas but this should not affect my modding.)
Last edited by Budja on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:51 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Thank you!
;)

Can someone summarize the case against Mr.Suave?
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I really dont get how it could be anymore summarized...
Ectomancer wrote:
MrSuave wrote:
vote: nachomamma8
because in regular hyrule, I don't eat octorocks!
Random?
MrSuave wrote:well, I wasn't really counting the votes to be honest. I just didn't think your pic made sense =p. but at this point in time, I still don't think it was bad, more of just random. and L-3 isn't dangerous at this point in the game IMO because, the odds of all the scum/anit-town rolls(assuming there are 3 all together) voting you in quick succession are very low. especially since that would generate a lot of suspicion. that's why, if I WAS counting the votes, I still would have made you my RV. if by chance you had gone to L-2/1 I would have gotten off, and stated that there was something up.

a little off topic, but since when could you eat octorocks? O_o
Doing the "pro-town" job of sitting on a good wagon with the old "I would hop off if it got too hot" opt out option
MrSuave wrote:man, the situation hasn't changed for Mr.notmymama... but I may I ask for a vote count? if mama is at L-1 then I'd like to know. I don't want the day to be only 4 pages, you know?
But doesn't...and gosh gee don't we want a short day? Can I appeal to (mod) authority so I look like I have no idea of exactly what my actions mean?

unvote, vote MrSuave
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:08 am

Post by HackerHuck »

That's a pretty nice little case there Ecto. I think we've found two scum on day 1!
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:10 am

Post by MrSuave »

and who would those be?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:47 am

Post by raider8169 »

HackerHuck wrote:
raider8169 wrote:Nacho, is there anything that you can think of that would cause 5cvm to call you out as scum per his role?
Rolefishing?
Sorry, that was not my intent. I was refering to why he would call you out just to be an ass. I thought something was said about him doing this before this game or something but I couldnt find it, though I cant say I had a lot of time to look for it.

I like the idea of lynching him but I am not sure if I want him lynched because of how he plays in general or because I think he is scum.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

raider: Are you referring to Nacho or 5cvm with the last line of 135?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Green Crayons wrote:raider: Are you referring to Nacho or 5cvm with the last line of 135?
5cvm, sorry should have made that more clear.
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:30 am

Post by 5cvm »

Xvart, I don't believe you and I will ever get along. <3 I'm afraid the same goes for me and a great number of people! According to conventional wisdom on this board, random aggressive accusations are pro-town. Well, I don't like making random, aggresive, mean-spirited accusations, so I have to resort to other things. Perhaps I should stop playing on this board. I certainly don't plan on signing up for any more games any time soon. "It's not you, it's me." :)

Anyway, on to the game...
Who accepted your soft "role claim" and what did they accept about it?
An example of ridiculosity. The people who votes based on it, obviouslt. ^^ I then got reads off of them because of it (selfish? perhaps), (and I also hoped to spark discussion of actual reasons people are scum, instead of reasons we don't like them, or they made a mistake, or what-have-you. He-said she-said, as somebody once called it.) With this, Kiku gave my heaviest scum read, Mr. Raider and NachoMamma being my heaviest town read.
So, since 5cvm "claimed" to have a power role that suggested Nochamama was scum and now thinks Nochamamma is definitely town he is lying either about his "power role" or he is lying about information in his "power role." Either way, he is lying
I was lying, yes. I clarified unambiguously that nachomamma was not mentioned in my role PM and that I think he's town. You should be happy I got off of it pretty quickly, compared to our other game. ;) Although, if it ever comes time for me to claim, you will see that my randomgambitclaim was inspired by my real role.
Unity wrote:he seemed pretty willing to let it go all the way on someone he had no sound basis for thinking they were scum.
Scum really wouldn't make that mistake. But if that's true than hey, you should definitely lynch me. But if you go back you'll see that how I went about the fake-heat makes sense. However, if you are just saying random things to get on my wagon (not horribly scummy in itself, although it's getting close), then, needless to say, shame on you.

My reading-powers are telling me the Kiku is scum. "False dilemma" arguement = huge fail, scum trying to find reasons to vote but failing (happens sometimes, not often.)

Gerhard Krause's play also makes me think he's scum. Regarding his second post: town, unless they're very insecure town, wouldn't be worried about that kind of thing!

Please note that I won't be very active during christmas (25th - 5th). If this will be a problem
the mod[/i] can replace me at his all-wise discretion.
Cases are overrated. Point to something blatantly scummy and insist that people are idiots if they don't see it and agree that the perpetrator is scum. ~Vi
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:33 am

Post by 5cvm »

Typo corrections:
The people who votes based on it, obviouslt.
The people who voted based on it, obviously. ^^
the mod[/i]
the mod
Cases are overrated. Point to something blatantly scummy and insist that people are idiots if they don't see it and agree that the perpetrator is scum. ~Vi
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:42 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

5cvm wrote:
My reading-powers are telling me the Kiku is scum. "False dilemma" arguement = huge fail, scum trying to find reasons to vote but failing (happens sometimes, not often.)
A) Raider embraced a "false dilemma". That is not a huge fail. It is fact.

B) Who tried to find a reason to vote? Pointing out another players failed logic is not akin to making an attack. Where did I vote Raider, attempt to vote Raider, or even accuse Raider of anything other than embracing fail logic?

Also, I have already explained that I did not warm to your soft claim and I did not base my vote on it. If you follow the exchange between myself and the players responding to my questions, you will see that I simply asked a few questions and voted the least cooperative responder. If you choose to see more "coincidence" then you are welcome to it. Its called "circumstantial evidence" if I'm not mistaken and it wouldn't be admissable in a court of law.
5cvm wrote:Gerhard Krause's play also makes me think he's scum. Regarding his second post: town, unless they're very insecure town, wouldn't be worried about that kind of thing!
Please expand on this.

How do you feel about Raider's recent 180?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:58 am

Post by HackerHuck »

5cvm wrote:Well, I don't like making random, aggresive, mean-spirited accusations, so I have to resort to other things.
Except for the mean-spirited part, wasn't that exactly what you did?

Still thinking that 5cvm is scum and that MrSuave is one of his buddies.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:42 am

Post by xvart »

5cvm wrote:Xvart, I don't believe you and I will ever get along. <3
lol. I truly hope that isn't true. :D
5cvm wrote:"It's not you, it's me." :)
You're giving me the "It's not you, it's me" speech?

5cvm wrote:You should be happy I got off of it pretty quickly, compared to our other game. ;)
In all honesty, and without speaking about ongoing games too much, I like you just fine in this game. Your first post, right out of the bat, seemed like exactly the same thing from the other game, only a little more passive aggressive about self claiming scum. I now realize that was my mistake and I shouldn't have jumped so high so fast. However, I still think you are scum
this
game.
5cvm wrote:Although, if it ever comes time for me to claim, you will see that my randomgambitclaim was inspired by my real role.
I look forward to reading your role when the time comes.

xvart.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by raider8169 »

kikuchiyo wrote:A) Raider embraced a "false dilemma". That is not a huge fail. It is fact.
I have yet to understand why and no one has bothered to try to explain it. It may be a mute point but I would still like to know.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

raider8169 wrote:
kikuchiyo wrote:A) Raider embraced a "false dilemma". That is not a huge fail. It is fact.
I have yet to understand why and no one has bothered to try to explain it. It may be a mute point but I would still like to know.
You missed the "He's not being serious/he's lying factor" in your post.

Unvote, Vote: Mr Suave

Just because we're discussing 5cvm at the moment doesn't mean you get to lurk, Suave.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:You missed the "He's not being serious/he's lying factor" in your post.
Ah, that would do it, though to lie like that would normally mean he is scum. In this case I am seeing just him being an ass. So my wanting him to be lynched seems to be more of his play style then him being scum, at least at the moment.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Ah, that would do it, though to lie like that would normally mean he is scum. In this case I am seeing just him being an ass. So my wanting him to be lynched seems to be more of his play style then him being scum, at least at the moment.
Which is not a lynch I want to occur on Day 1. It's exactly the kind of lynch scum want to occur; a lynch they can push for without a real case against a person; which is the simple reason why I feel we shouldn't be lynching him right now. If he begins to cause harm to the town or gives us considerable reason to believe he's scum, then we lynch him; however, I don't think that he's done either of these things.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Mr Suave

Just because we're discussing 5cvm at the moment doesn't mean you get to lurk, Suave.
Not a good reason to be voting for either MrSuave or for 5cvm.

do you think that MrSuave is really scummy for lurking or are you just trying to derail the wagon on 5cvm?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Not a good reason to be voting for either MrSuave or for 5cvm.
That's not the main reason I'm voting MrSuave, though. I'm mainly voting him for the scumtell he dropped in the beginning (which I questioned in post 100), as well as for his 109, which wasn't really a good enough excuse for me.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by 5cvm »

Is this what you are asking about?
me wrote:Obviously accepting raider's dichotomy [required] a gamble (with odds between 1/10 and 1/5) that my self-professed 80-90% chance would not "land" in the 10-20% Nacho-town margin. In this game [though] we make way bigger gambles than that allll the time.
(Kiku would do well to look at that too, although she didn't take it in to account back when I said it sooo...)
xvart wrote:In all honesty, and without speaking about ongoing games too much, I like you just fine in this game. Your first post, right out of the bat, seemed like exactly the same thing from the other game, only a little more passive aggressive about self claiming scum. I now realize that was my mistake and I shouldn't have jumped so high so fast. However, I still think you are scum this game.
Awwww, maybe we can get along after all. Saying that you think I'm actually
scum
is a good improvement at least. ;)
do you think that MrSuave is really scummy for lurking or are you just trying to derail the wagon on 5cvm?
Oh yeah, the second one, definitely. [/sarcasm] :roll: :P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”