Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

...elvis is town, if you ask me.

We need to imprint people, otherwise we're just playing a nightless vanilla game.
green shirt thursdays
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

xRECKONERx wrote:...elvis is town, if you ask me.

We need to imprint people, otherwise we're just playing a nightless vanilla game.
I'll ask, why do you feel she is town and do what do you think about the connection to SC?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Pretty much for this right here:
Something occurred to me about deathnote. He was scum who pushed a plan giving all the scum power roles. IMO opinion that increases the chance scum knew they wouldn't have a NK unless they got an imprint. Because DN was pushing so depserately for imprints. Which increases the chance that SC and me are town, once again.
I feel like she might be overreaching, but I think it comes from a townie perspective.
green shirt thursdays
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

So you think both her and SC are town then?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

xRECKONERx wrote:she might be overreaching,
green shirt thursdays
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

None of my opinions have changed in the last two pages.

Considering this game is considerably more time consuming to read per page than my other one, I probably won't get around to any real content for at least the next 24 hours or so. I think I've mentioned this already, but I work retail and have been given way too many hours this week. >_<
And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #20=-

Alaska (2) - Colorado, Iowa
Colorado (1) - Ohio
Virginia (1) - Kansas

Not Voting (6) - Alaska, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Montana, Virginia

6 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #20=-

Hawaii (4) - Hawaii, Kansas, Ohio, Iowa
Ohio (2) - Ohio, Virginia
Colorado (1) - Virginia
Georgia (1) - Virginia
Montana (1) - Virginia
Iowa (1) - Iowa
Alaska (0)
Florida (0)
Kansas (0)
Virginia (0)

6 to imprint.

ALASKA = SerialClergyman
COLORADO = Messiah
FLORIDA = Limerickx
GEORGIA = Plum
HAWAII = TheButtonmen
IOWA = xRECKONERx
KANSAS = farside22
MONTANA = Pug89
OHIO = Vala Mal Doran
VIRGINIA = elvis_knits

farside22 wrote: Mod: When someone is imprinted do they receive notification about their ability during the day or at night?
Imprints will be received at the end of the day, when the lynch scene is posted.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

iamausername wrote:
farside22 wrote: Mod: When someone is imprinted do they receive notification about their ability during the day or at night?
Imprints will be received at the end of the day, when the lynch scene is posted.

@Mod
- Do you mean to say that imprints are given out publicly or that it is announced who gets them publicaly and they get them via PM?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by iamausername »

The second one.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:05 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Okay, buttonmen, you haven't answered my question, but the more I think about you, I do tend to think your breaking strategy is legit and that our personalities maybe do not mesh well. I don't mean to alienate you further by pushing you, but I do want to know more about where you are coming from.

You may think you've been perfectly clear about your positions, and I think you have been clear about wanting SC dead. But I know little else about what you think of the game. You are only voting to imprint yourself. Can you talk about why you aren't voting to imprint anyone else?

Can you talk about anyone you suspect besides SC (and I guess, me)?

Can you talk about what sort of strategy you want to follow? Because you're the only one close to getting an imprint. Do you think you should be the only one with an imprint? Should we make more?

I think it's better to get as many opinions out there to reach consensus. I think you disagree with me on that. We can argue if you want, but I don't really desire an argument about gameplay. Just tell us as much as you feel comfortable.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:27 am

Post by farside22 »

imprint: Pug

I think we should have at least 2 players imprinted.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:17 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

elvis_knits wrote:You are only voting to imprint yourself. Can you talk about why you aren't voting to imprint anyone else?
I had been waiting until I could read everyones thoughts / interactions before voting to imprint.
elvis_knits wrote:Can you talk about anyone you suspect besides SC (and I guess, me)?
As I said at the start of the day, I'm fairly certain one of Messiah, SC or Elvis are scum, maybe two of them. I'm suspcious of plum and am curious as to why people keep putting her on their town lists.

elvis_knits wrote:Can you talk about what sort of strategy you want to follow? Because you're the only one close to getting an imprint. Do you think you should be the only one with an imprint? Should we make more?
I still think 2 imprint / 1 lynch is best. However I don't think we should ever have more then 2-3 people imprinted as it gives us too big a possible pool of scum if NK's start.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:19 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

EBWOP: By "However I don't think we should ever have more then 2-3 people imprinted as it gives us too big a possible pool of scum if NK's start. " I mean in total, like at most over the course of the game we imprint 2-3 people.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:25 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Plum has been prodded.=-
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Limerickx »

SerialClergyman wrote:Florida was on the Deathnote wagon but not the Starbuck wagon.
Montana was on the Deathnote wagon but not the Starbuck wagon.
Kansas was on the Starbuck wagon but not the Deathnote wagon.
Ohio was on neither
Hawaii was on neither

I think Limerickx's spot is the most suspicious. Second last on the Deathnote wagon and not voting on D2.
I deleted stuff not related to me, hope thats alright

So, I am MOST suspicious as of that post, because I voted for scum and didn't vote for townie? If you want to say it was suspicious of me to be the second to last on DN, thats fine, but how was the fact that I wasn't on a vote for Starbuck, one that you initiated and rammed through instantly, make me suspicious? That lynch came and went before I even had a chance to read anything after the first lynch! Another example of the insane way your 'logic' works.

elvis_knits wrote:limerick mostly for his placement on the DN wagon and how he wanted to no-lynch and imprint the first day, which would have no-lynched instead of lynching scum. He just seemed to show up in a lot of the groupings I made of possible scum. However, I'm slightly conflicted on him because he seemed honest and conservative in his approach. I think we need ot hear more from him to be sure.
You said I defended a no-lynch day one, which would've resulted in not lynching the scum. I was in favor of a no-lynch early on in the day, and then, after hearing conversation about it, understood the benefit. As early as post 230 I said I understood the reasoning behind a lynch. I was still in favor of a no lynch, but I wasn't LOBBYING for a no lynch or anything.

Again, I voted for DN, and if you want to point out my place in line, thats fine, I understand I was second to last on that lynch. I wasn't on the vote for Starbuck, however, who I didn't find scummy, even IF your boy didnt ram a Starbuck lynch so fast. As far as my voting pattern goes, I voted for the scum who was lynched (late, yes), and didn't for the townie that was. Sneaky possible motives aside, aren't YOU the one that preaches 'lynch people who look like scum, lynch people who protect scum?' Where did I protect scum? I was personally in favor of a no-lynch night one early on, but that wasn't when people were stacking votes on DN, and regardless of placement, I DID vote for him. I don't see my voting pattern either 'looking like scum,' or 'defending scum.'

Imprint Limerickx
Imprint TheButtonmen

Best to imprint yourself, you are the only person you are 100% sure about. I think Buttonmen is the safest best to be town.

Vote: SerialClergyman

Seriously, your logic has been ALL OVER the place this game, from the possibility of imprinting everyone, to it being horrible to imprint ANYONE, it being ok to imprint only at 'x' time, blah blah blah. You talk about my place in voting DN because I was second to last on DN when you came in even later than me, hammering while everyone was discussion who/how many to imprint along with the lynch. You say it was suspicious of me to not vote on day 2, when you were too busy pushing through a lynch of SB in no time flat, who WAS town.
You've made logical arguements that would make a Logic 101 student's head spin, made crazy suggestions about how lynching someone DAY 1 should result in a line of lynchs 2 and 3 days, You ignore the fact that if we keep only 2 or so people imprinted, and there is an NK, the list of suspects is pretty small, to imply tha people who want to imprint only want to give power to the Mafia. Instead, you want to hold of imprinting while there is more townie/scum ratio, in favor of waiting until later on, when there is every chance that ratio is smaller?

As an aside, I'm curious if scum can get imprints that are NOT NK related. I might be missing this, but in the same sense that people for some reason think that all townie imprints are cop-related, why do we assume that all scum ones are NK related? Both are leaps of faith that I don't think are warranted. Can someone point to me if this has been talked about? There is every chance that I've missed it.[/quote]
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Limerickx »

Note to Button, I agree that 2-3 imprints should run into the future, not just for one day. I think I prefer 2 to 3 at this point, but as long as the number is small, that is what is important.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'll say this again if necessary, if we're going to imprint, we should no-lynch.

If we're going to lynch we should wait to imprint.

There is nothing lost by waiting to see the flip, imprinting with that new info to add to the old info, and then no-lynching.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:38 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

@Everyone - Do you think that plum posting in her other games but not here is a null or scum tell?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:07 am

Post by elvis_knits »

null

Although moar posting from plum would be good.
Talk nerdy to me.

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:13 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

So, I am MOST suspicious as of that post, because I voted for scum and didn't vote for townie?
Yes. I think with most townies, the DeathNote flip was a pretty big factor in getting Starbuck lynched. I certainly felt they were heavily connected and pointed it out several times. From a townie's point of view, if you were prepared to push DeathNote and be on his wagon but you
weren't
prepared to be on the Starbuck wagon then there's some serious disconnect in the thinking.

Someone like Buttonmen doesn't come away looking as suspicious because he's always thought I was scummy and wanted nothing to do with the cases I was pushing. But someone who was behind the DeathNote lynch but not the Starbuck lynch seems odd to me.
I'm old now.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:14 am

Post by Messiah »

TheButtonmen wrote:@Everyone - Do you think that plum posting in her other games but not here is a null or scum tell?
Active lurking is a scum tell in my opinion.
It's times like this..
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:14 am

imprint pug
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:33 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Oh good, SC, you're back. I thought I was going to have to post pictures of Thelma and Louise to get you to rally.
Talk nerdy to me.

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:37 am

If you did I would have found some of Brad Pitt to keep you here too <3

No, I've been genuinely busy as well as trying to respond to criticism.
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:38 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Here they are!

Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”