Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:29 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Nice...
Vote: XScorpion
for moving his post ahead of mine, CSL says I confirmed first.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Ectomancer wrote:
Do you see no inconsistency in complaining about only 8 posts in one post, and then saying you didn't want to spam in another? Aren't those opposite concerns?

Wait wait wait, when did Badger complain about there only being eight posts? It seemed to me that you were the one complaining.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Ectomancer wrote:
ElectricBadger wrote:Hm...so you attempt to distract with the FOS thing - but you're not willing to actually push it, which is essentially the entire reason that FOS' are considered scummy...
follow with an OMGUS combining a backtracking excuse with an attack based on my not commenting on 8 posts within a day.
He didn't complain, he was saying that you attacked him for not commenting on eight posts. That isn't complaining, you just seem to be trying to twist his words for your use.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:03 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Ectomancer wrote: Quality misrep on the Kunkstar vote. Now we see you don't bother to argue facts. You seem in fact to primarily rely on emotional projection. There was no "clarification" requested by Kunkstar. He directly attacked me, characterizing my quotes of you as "twisting your words to suit my purpose". Can you explain how you twist words by directly quoting?
No, Kunkstar decided to avoid the facts of the matter in order to make a slanderous comment. The facts are there.
It is a matter of the way you are presenting his post. You are presenting that quote as if he was whining about it, "oh no there's only 8 posts, please post so I can post moar...", whereas he was just pointing out that there was nothing pressing at the moment to comment on. Effectively casting a negative light on it to build your case, where in reality the quote doesn't improve your case at all.

Badger even explained this in his post before this,
ElectricBadger wrote: This is a ridiculous misinterpretation. You voted me for not posting; I explained that finding nothing needing my response over the course of 8 posts wasn't lurking.
I agree with Badger, give your definition of lurking, and we'll see how much consistency your argument has.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Josh Lyman wrote: Wow. Even discounting that I really can't hold Ecto's behavior against Starbuck, I am curious to see Starbuck's reaction to this: Starbuck, if CSL is not your scumbuddy, who is?
What reasons made you choose to direct this question at Starbuck/Ecto over ElectricBadger?
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Parts wrote:It has crossed my mind that Ecto/Starbuck and ElectricBadger could be scumbuddies who engineered this whole thing in pregame talk to combine a buddying action by Ecto with a distancing act between Ecto and ElectricBadger.
How would you engineer a buddying attempt, before the game even began? It feels like you are just trying to find something to move suspicion off you.

You are distancing yourself from both of these players in this post. Logically, Starbuck seems a more likely partner as you are distancing yet not pointing them out completely, trying to still keep most suspicion on another player besides your partner.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:26 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

[quote="Starbuck']It's a bit odd that CSL is being jumped about lurking when others who never even posted a V/LA (kunkstar7 and Parts) are not.[/quote]

I don't think its so much the fact that he lurked, it is that the case he mentioned against Badger,
CSL wrote:Interesting. Badger is contradicting himself, and lurking.
was hypocritical, which he has confessed to. If you are doing the same thing you are accusing the other person about, you are incriminating yourself.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:38 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

I don't have an excuse. I try to post when I can, but I find it hard when questions and comments are directed at others, without placing words into others mouths as Xscorpion did above. I at least tried to add some substance in my posts, pointing out things that come to my attention that haven't been answered. I could post a lot of "I agree with you, I agree with that" but I try to add something of my own each time I post.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:53 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Electric Badger

Throughout the lurking discussion early on I agreed with his reasoning. As you saw from my replies to Ecto, I felt that Ecto was misrepping Badger's words, trying to point them out as whiny when it was simply a stated fact. He was the most prevalent in the thread until Starbuck replaced in.

Starbuck

One of the thing that strikes me the most is why would you call a claim so early? He is was still at L-1 when I was asked to make this if I'm not mistaken, and there wasn't a hammer. Other than that you have made good arguments to counter ElectricBadger.

Parts

The case against him seems to be that he was being coached by Ecto and his quote
Parts wrote:I don't care whether this is consistent over his game history or not. His reasoning followed fine for this game and that's all I'm judging on.
The way I saw it was he didn't care for information outside of the game thread regardless if it helped or not, in this instance. I don't like his accusation of the buddying/distancing act, for what I posted in my other post commenting on this. It came to mind that possibly the reason he came up with a theory like this is he is engaged in one or the other himself, and it looks like he is trying to distance himself from Starbuck and EB by calling them both scummy in his book.

Xscorpion

He's just making little quips about everything. Unlike Starbuck, I don't think that the link Starbuck mentioned was coordinated. His style has been to ask little questions that enhance any given theory at the moment, which is what probably happened in the beginning.
He has really tunneled on CSL, although with reason.

CSL

He is basically a basket of contradictions. Voting Badger for lurking, accusing Parts for not scumhunting...
Hopefully we will see something come out of these isos he is planning.
Although I really do not like how he doesn't even know his reasons for voting ElectricBadger.

Josh Lyman:

Well he still hasn't replied to my question here:
kunkstar7 wrote:What reasons made you choose to direct this question at Starbuck/Ecto over ElectricBadger?

Actually, We have only seen two posts come out of his slot.

Honestly what I feel out of this is everything revolves around ElectricBadger and Starbuck. It seems to me that Starbuck is trying to cover for some early scummy mistakes that Ecto was making, and well she's doing it pretty well. I don't think there is any distancing act here, while it is a possibility, it doesn't seem likely to me. With a Starbuck lynch we would see how well the rest of the cases fit together. The reason I'm hesitant to mention this is that if Starbuck is town, she is a good asset, and lynching her loses that if she is town.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:16 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

You wouldn't call for his claim after he was hammered, you are correct there. The point is that there hasn't been enough to even constitute the L-1 he was at, CSL didn't even know why he was voting for him. He should have not been at the L-1 that would have prompted the claim. If he was under actual pressure and the intent was shown that he was going to be lynched, then yes the claim would have been warranted. As it was he was at L-1 for an entire day without being hammered.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Starbuck wrote:But he was at L-1, anyone could have hammered him and we wouldn't have his claim.

So how was my calling for his claim WHEN HE WAS AT L-1 calling for it too early? How was he not under pressure? He was at L-1. He was one vote away from being lynched.
Ok, an L-1 claim usually is acceptable. Yet in this case it was unnecessary, that's why it was too early.

There were three people (besides ElectricBadger himself, and if he is town its highly unlikely he would self-hammer) who could have hammered. Myself, Xscorpion, and Josh Lyman. Only two of the votes on EB were even warranted. The person who would hammer would need a really good reason as to why he thought EB was scum, to explain why he was ending the day. A hammer so sudden then would place the person who hammered under a lot of suspicion if ElectricBadger flipped town. Do you believe that the scum would throw themselves out in the open like that? Any townie should know that you don't lynch anyone without extensive discussion, doing otherwise deprives the town of chances for information, going against their win condition, so it follows that the only one that would quickhammer would be scum. So he wasn't under much pressure really, as one of the scum would have to out themselves to hammer. Note that this would be if EB flipped town, it would be a different situation if he flipped scum. If he is scum, I still don't see a quickhammer coming as why would any scum quickhammer their partner when they still had a chance at making it? And why would a townie ever quickhammer?

I'm not going to answer why EB did not claim. That was his own choice.
Whats your answer EB?
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:55 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Honestly I'm really not like CSL right now.
CSL wrote:Seriously, postin an ISO with absolutely no idea who the ISO'd player is speaking to really puts a damper on things.
This just seemst to me that you didn't really try to reread and understand the entire thread before the iso, otherwise you would have some semblance as to what is going on, you just aren't putting effort into this. I have seen the case against Parts, and for the most part I agree with it. Without actually reviewing Parts, basing a vote entirely off of someone else's posts, how could you come to a conclusion that he is scum?
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

ElectricBadger wrote: His 'slip' in 105 also reads town to me:
kunkstar7 wrote:How would you engineer a buddying attempt, before the game even began?
The lack of understanding that the mafia could talk pre-game seems genuine, and not something scum would miss.

The only thing I really didn't like about his iso is his vote; just the one out of him in 12, placed for an obviously random reason but still in place. Kunkstar, is the vote still random, or do you have a specific reason for leaving it there? You've expressed suspicion of other players: why no vote to back it up?
The question was originally posed at Parts as it didn't make sense to me how the scum could do that. How do you arrange a buddying action without having any material to work with, no idea of how the game will go? Trying to force a buddying action most of the time would just be so obvious. So it just seemed to me that Parts was trying to stretch his theory to add as much suspicion as he could.

Yes my vote is still my original random vote and honestly has no purpose where it is at the moment. I am not very judicious with my votes.

As it is a baseless vote, there is no need for it
Unvote.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Alexhans, you came into this quite strong.
In my view, I'm leaning more Starbuck, considering some things that have been pointed out this page. Between the claim situation and the answers on this page, she's a more likely candidate than any other at this point. The reason I'm leaning Starbuck is because although CSL has been playing badly, a lynch on him won't give us anything to work with the next day. From one of my previous posts I pointed out that the alignments in this game seem to revolve around Starbuck and ElectricBadger. With a Starbuck lynch I think we will have the best position for the next day.

Vote: Starbuck
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:54 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

If you flip town, then we have some basis to go off of. We can review the cases that have been given so far knowing that you were town, and that allows us to look at the posts that have already been given and work out something more. For example the coaching of Parts earlier in the game, and possible ties between you and Parts. If you flip town we can review those ties and determine if they are still viable or not. Thats all assuming you would flip town of course. Either way, lynching you gives us information, regardless if you flip scum or town, much more than a CSL lynch would give us at this point.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:27 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

ElectricBadger wrote:CSL: I'm still really not sure what to make of him. Sticky widgets for me: He's potentially an easy lynch due to his general lack of scumhunting and hypocrisy. But that would be more of a policy lynch: I don't think he's on the radar for being scum so much as for bad play. It could be easily scum-driven.
I think a lynch here won't get us much info: no clear scumbuddy or in depth debate to work from tomorrow.
This is the quote I refer to when I mention that CSL won't provide much information the next day. He has made little contribution to the game so far, and there wouldn't be much to work with if he is town or scum. If town, well he was town. Does that provide us with any connected information? Can you name some such information? If he is scum, then one scum down, but no clear line as to a connected scumbuddy. So we are lost for a day two lead.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:14 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Kdub wrote:I don't like the sentiment from kunkstar, and a bit from Badger, that CSL wouldn't provide info if we lynch him. I think people have shared enough opinions about him, even if they haven't directly questioned him. If we think somebody is more likely to be scum, we should lynch them, period. The value of catching scum outweighs any info we may gain from lynching someone else.

I agree that if they were more likely scum yes they should be the lynch. Yet most of his case as a lynch candidate was because of his bad play. This is not inherently scumplay, it can also be done by town. If no one counterclaims CSL and he does turn out to be doctor, then that proves this point.

Nice contradiction Starbuck, calling out alex earlier for subtly hinting that he knew alignments and now saying that we should know who is the doctor and not put them at L-1. If you only expected VT claims then what was the point of asking for a claim?
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

I'll start with, alexhans the reason I have not posted here so far is the computers at school do not allow me to do isos. I would much rather wait a few hours to go over the thread in the way I want.

The things striking me at the moment:

Both replacements voted CSL upon entering. He was looking the easiest lynch at the moment.
I'm viewing it unlikely that both of these slots were scum, but one of them is.
Kdub has continued his predecessors streak of viewing Badger as scum.

Another thing is alexhans has basically excused himself and everyone who voted CSL or Starbuck with the following quote.
alexhans wrote:CSL's playstyle this game was horrible and really anti-town. Starbucks actions were not so scummy at first but later become really weird with all his asking for a claim and then trying to pretend that it was not her fault that CSL claimed.
I don't like this, it provides you with an easy excuse to wriggle out of blame for voting either one.

Developing on their deaths, CSL changed when he claimed doctor. Up until that point his play was, as you stated, "horrible and really anti-town." His lurking and general nonposts didn't relate much into this game besides the fact that he was being scummy. This in effect creates a null-tell, as everyone viewed CSl as just being anti-town, with no irregularities. When he claimed doctor he gave the scum the chance to remove a known power role from the game.

One of the things I looked to gain from the Starbuck lynch was a view of Parts/Kdub. Both Starbuck and Parts/Kdub have maintained that ElectricBadger is a likely scum candidate. The interactions between the two made them a likely team. Yet with Starbuck being town, it obviously negates that team, and brings to mind a possible buddying by Parts agreeing with Starbuck that EB is scum. I would also like clarification from Kdub as to whether he was asking for a massclaim or agreeing with alex that order should be determined first. If he was saying that he would like a massclaim, that looks scummy in my mind as he so far is the only one that has leaned that way, and scum would be the only benefactor of that at the moment.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

alexhans wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:Another thing is alexhans has basically excused himself and everyone who voted CSL or Starbuck with the following quote.
Really, then why do I suspect people? Everyone voted either Starbucks or CSL... That means I've excused everyone? Bullshit.
Perhaps I should clarify that I meant that you excused everyone for the singular action of voting either CSL or Starbuck. Basically made it seem like they were asking for it, and it was coming to them, so it can't be telling of anyone.

alexhans wrote: I don't need an excuse for voting either one... I posted what I thought about them and still think CSL is one of the worst players I've seen so far (He lynched Starbucks with no real need and played an awful game). Also, you voted for them too... If you're town, you were wrong too...

It's not just about being right or wrong but about the reasons someone has to do stuff and the context in wich they do it.

I DARE you to say I had no reason for voting CSL. I dare you to challenge my thoughts were I disagreed with Starbucks.
....you had no reason for voting CSL! Whatcha gonna do about that?? Just joking, got to have some fun :P .

Ok back to serious.

I did not say that your reasons for voting either CSL or Starbuck were misplaced. I was stating that that quote provides a convenient cover in the case of anyone seeing a tell in anyone voting either of those two.
alexhans wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote: Developing on their deaths, CSL changed when he claimed doctor. Up until that point his play was, as you stated, "horrible and really anti-town." His lurking and general nonposts didn't relate much into this game besides the fact that he was being scummy. This in effect creates a null-tell, as everyone viewed CSL as just being anti-town, with no irregularities. When he claimed doctor he gave the scum the chance to remove a known power role from the game.
This is an empty paragraph...

You say that CSL was anti town and lurking and scummy but that it was a null tell? Who the HELL viewed him as just anti-town? I don't vote if I think someone is just anti-town, I vote someone because I think he may be scum and in the WCS, just an anti-town player.
This one was an error of myself. It should read:
kunkstar7 wrote:This in effect creates a null-tell, as everyone viewed CSl as being anti-town, with no irregularities.
alexhans wrote:I have some problems with this... Kunkstar implied that CSL lynch would give us less info than a Starbuck lynch when CSL had been much more lurky and anti-town.

What I was going here was why the CSL lynch provided less info than Starbuck. Everyone viewed CSL as being anti-town, so any possible partners were thrown out the window. I say anti-town because EB mentioned that he was mostly under pressure for bad play rather than scumminess.
ElectricBadger wrote:He's potentially an easy lynch due to his general lack of scumhunting and hypocrisy. But that would be more of a policy lynch: I don't think he's on the radar for being scum so much as for bad play.
Combined with the fact he flipped town.
alexhans wrote:"When he claimed doctor he gave the scum the chance to remove a known power role from the game." WTF. You're not saying anything. Looks like filler.
That is why I believe he was the nightkill choice rather than ending up as today's lynch target.

alexhans wrote:
kunk wrote: I would also like clarification from Kdub as to whether he was asking for a massclaim or agreeing with alex that order should be determined first. If he was saying that he would like a massclaim, that looks scummy in my mind as he so far is the only one that has leaned that way, and scum would be the only benefactor of that at the moment.
1. Wait, can he agree that "the order should be determined first" without asking for an MC?
2. What happens if the cop has a town/scum result?
3. Do you think the cop should just play silently?
4. If someone else was also calling for MC, would you think it would be scummy?
5. or the fact that he is the only is the deciding point?
1. If he isn't asking for a MC, he isn't asking for a MC.
2. If the cop has a result, they most likely can find a way to get their point across with jepordizing their hiding.
3. Not silently. If they have a result, they should lead the town to that without giving themselves away (Unless that's what you meant by silently. In that case yes.). They save themselves for the final day and give us a result.
4. I would also think that someone else calling for a MC would be scummy at this point.
5. Answered by 4.

alexhans wrote:This "development" on CSL and Starbucks death is really unimpressive... Why was it impossible to mention Part's possible buddying yesterday? Why couldn't you look at both possible outcomes as I once asked you to do, IIRC?
It wasn't impossible to mention Parts buddying, I mentioned yesterday how it would help determine what ties there were between the two. Yesterday was based only on guesses as we did not know either CSL or Starbuck's alignments. There was suspicion of a Parts/Starbuck team, and with now knowing Starbuck was town that is not a possibility anymore.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

ElectricBadger wrote:Blah...feeling gross today, and too many walls to focus on. I'll try to give them proper attention later. For now:
kunkstar7 wrote:That is why I believe he was the nightkill choice rather than ending up as today's lynch target.
I are confused. Why would CSL have been today's lynch if he'd lived?
He would not have necessarily been the lynch, but he would have been one of the major suspects and under a lot of the pressure to defend himself from the start of the day due to the way everyone viewed him yesterday. Hence me saying lynch
target
instead of straight lynch.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (isolation #21) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:36 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

alexhans wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote: Perhaps I should clarify that I meant that you excused everyone for the singular action of voting either CSL or Starbuck. Basically made it seem like they were asking for it, and it was coming to them, so it can't be telling of anyone.
You're stil ignoring the fact that I gave very good reasons at the time and no one, save Starbucks, contested them. So there's no need for me to excuse myself. Even if I WAS scum and felt guilty, nobody was bashing me for it.
kunkstar7 wrote:I did not say that your reasons for voting either CSL or Starbuck were misplaced. I was stating that that quote provides a convenient cover in the case of anyone seeing a tell in anyone voting either of those two.
In my experience, this kind of lame attacks come solely from scum. You're saying that I need a
convenient cover
. That can only imply that I'm scum. Yet, you don't seem to think that? So it's just intended as a "reputation tarnisher" so maybe other people will suspect me?
Votecount analysis is another way to review the previous days action. At least one scum is usually on the lynch bandwagon, and if you can whittle it down, you can usually find one or two likely suspects. Following this line of thinking:
LynchCount wrote:Starbuck- (4)
kunkstar7
ElectricBadger
, Xscorpion,
CSL
Xscorpion shows up as the suspicious one on that wagon.

Yes in fact you are suspect by me. It stuck out to me as something to note, and with me trying to decide between kdub or alexhans as the second scum, it helps my decision.

Although I do as well realize what you are saying, intent matters as well as the vote. I doubt anyone disagrees with your reasoning. Yet in the case of looking at votecounts, your comment blows off accusations stemming from that.
alexhans wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:What I was going here was why the CSL lynch provided less info than Starbuck. Everyone viewed CSL as being anti-town, so any possible partners were thrown out the window. I say anti-town because EB mentioned that he was mostly under pressure for bad play rather than scumminess.
EB did. But I did not. Read my posts. I somewhat agree with what you're saying. CSL, being more anti-town and random might be harder (or maybe just different) to connect with someone else but, I want you to make an exercise, assume Starbuck scum. Who would be his partner and why?
I would have looked at Parts as the partner.
Parts wrote:I don't care whether this is consistent over his game history or not. His reasoning followed fine for this game and that's all I'm judging on.
Here he ignored a telling contradiction to defend Ecto.

When ElectricBadger pointed out the idea that Ecto had been coaching and Ectomancer began reciprocating some of the buddying by saying Parts was at least neutral, for example:
Ectomancer wrote:Parts is not only cautious, but also not easily baited into a reaction
Ectomancer wrote:I find Parts to be careful and a bit non-committal while still making his position known. Cautious scum may play the same, but so would cautious town.
Ectomancer wrote:Parts reads to me as neutral as he can be.
Parts response was to point it out as a buddying attempt, and distance himself from Ectomancer by saying he was suspicious now. Yet he went on to vote on ElectriBadger, trying to make his distancing not so obvious.

Kdub continued the distancing with his recap post. The only one he ventured to give a real opinion on was CSL, who was an easier target to go after.

If Starbuck had been scum as per the exercise, I would note that on Starbuck's recap post mentions nothing of Parts. Italized as it is only for the exercise posed by alexhans and not part of a case.

alexhans wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote: He would not have necessarily been the lynch, but he would have been one of the major suspects and under a lot of the pressure to defend himself from the start of the day due to the way everyone viewed him yesterday. Hence me saying lynch target instead of straight lynch.
Bullshit. Kunkstar7. If someone wanted to counterclaim, he would've done so when CSL Claimed, or kept voting. What would be the purpose of shutting up when you can't really protect the cop? It's much better to just CATCH scum. I don't know if you're really naive or pretending to be. I've thought about this to see if there was possible WIFOM to be played by scum but there was none. None, whatsoever.
The fact that the cop is macho escaped me until you mentioned this. My line of thinking was if a claimed doctor had somehow made it through the night, wouldn't it have been a little suspicious? I can see no other motives the scum would have to kill someone else. Yet since the cop can't be protected, the doctor would have just been wasting the best chance we had to lynch scum.

ElectricBadger and others have pointed out good reasons why Xscorpion should be lynched. In my mind this post by Xscorpion solidifies the thought that he is scum.
Xscorpion wrote:Lol everyone ran away.
Should we just pick a target then lynch?
I'm up for KDub or Kunkstar, whichever you guys prefer.
There is no way that a true townie would say something like that. Basically all that post amounts to is "quick lets lynch someone to end discussion, hopefully it'll be the mislynch for my win."

With Xscorpion as my one scum, and ElectricBadger as a town read for me, it leaves alexhans or Kdub for the other choice.

From my little review of Parts/Kdub, I see a buddying Parts, trying later to distance himself to hide the buddying when he was called on it. With alexhans posting, he seems too aggressive to be scum, and his reasoning is not illogical. So I'm going with Kdub as the second scum suspect.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #22) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:49 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Yes, I am firm enough.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Alright. I claim cop with a town result on Kdub.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #24) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:22 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

I investigated ElectricBadger N1, checking out if my read on him was correct, and he was also on the other side of what I viewed as Starbuck v. EB.
This is what also influenced my view on Parts/Kdub through Day 2, knowing that both Starbuck and ElectricBadger were town, that it was probably the third party in this group would be buddying scum.

Alexhans, you'e intentionally missing where Xscorpion first initially posted his "scumteam".
Xscorpion wrote:Taking a random stab at a scumteam, I'm gonna guess that it's kunkstar & KDub. I'm getting a very strong town feel from Badger, and I highly doubt that Starbuck's lynch didn't have any scum on it, leaving Kunkstar the obvious choice. Not to mention that he had no non-random votes for all of day 1 except for Starbuck, which I do not like. If he was so suspicious of CSL, why did he never vote him? KDub's suggest for a mass claim earns scumpoints from me, and the fact that he put CSL at L-1 so quickly after joining is a little suspicious.
He equates the same amount of suspicion to both of us, you are just trying to weight it to pass suspicion. I think it was not Xscorpion who was the scum bussing, but you. It was a strong bus so when the lynch went through you would look so town. ElectricBadger had already come up with some points against Xscorpion and he was already looking bad, so why not go full out here and win a lot of town points? Now you are just equating it to a cop result to help you out, its easy to say you "investigated" Xscorpion now that we all know he is scum.

Xscorpion only made a few comments regarding alex, most of them basically saying alex was "looking town".
Xscorpion wrote:Pretty sure Badger and Alex are the other 2 town.
This is from the same post where he calls his "scumteam". Trying to make sure everyone stays with a town read on alex.
Xscorpion wrote:Alex didn't propose a mass claim, he said that it should be done rather than a single person claiming. You are indeed suggesting a mass claim be done right now, and I am VERY disinclined to agree.
Xscorpion tries to put scum points on Kdub by saying they were doing to separate things, yet in fact kdub and alex were both saying the same thing. Notice though how he doesn't give any badview to alex.
Xscorpion wrote:I also think Alex is pretty town.

Once again trying to say alex is town.

You are right about one thing though Alexhans. I'm being way too mild right now.

Vote: Alexhans
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Ok first I really have to say..

I despise your foaming at the mouth aggressive posts.

Post 281 is the example of what I'm mentioning here. After I saw that, I honestly started typing my "give up" post. xD
"I know I'm letting you down Xscorpion, but after that post, I really have nothing to counter...."
But I decided to try and see what I could do. For the nightkill I was debating between alexhans and ElectricBadger. Initially I was going to nk you alexhans, and try and get ElectricBadger's support for a Kdub lynch. I also was worried that they would make the connection that you being the only real suspicious person of me and dying. I knew Kdub couldn't be the cop so I wasn't going to bother with him.

What really hurt me here in the end was the claiming. It was my first actual claim, so I didn't really know what I was doing. I was planning initially to claim Vanilla Townie, and have you choose between Kdub and I, but I felt that it make it easier for town to lynch me. So I had to claim cop and guess correctly which one of you was just the vanilla, fortunately Kdub made it simple to see he wasn't cop. So I got lucky there.

I actually did forget the macho part of the cop. If I hadn't made that one comment about the CSL WIFOM, which I considered initially, there would not have been that inconsistency at the end.

One thing I want to say about your last post alexhans,
alexhans wrote:Now. Why did you "inspect" EB? Wasn't he town to you on day 1?
In my initial reply I did mention my "reason" for "inspecting" EB.
Kunkstar7 wrote: checking out if my read on him was correct, and he was also on the other side of what I viewed as Starbuck v. EB.
This is what also influenced my view on Parts/Kdub through Day 2, knowing that both Starbuck and ElectricBadger were town, that it was probably the third party in this group would be buddying scum.
My play was very reaction-seeking. I posted and waited to see reactions to my comments then went from there. That probably is one of the flaws in my playstyle.

As much as I hate your aggression alexhans, congratulations on the good play :) .
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (isolation #26) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

We didn't have a night quicktopic, sorry alexhans. We just used private messages.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #27) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:19 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

alexhans wrote: The only one who can claim to have nailed scum on d1 is Badger who made a good case against XScorpion and voted him.
Actually Ectomancer had me called early Day 1 xD
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

He didn't get a chance =/

His final vote was on me though.