Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Messiah »

I read them.
It's times like this..
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:18 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

I'd love to hear your thoughts on what she did to defended him that no one else did.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Messiah »

She did quite a few things to defend him that no one else did, such as referring to ek's original DN vote as opportunistic, calling SC's reaction overaggressive or stating "I could see where deathnote was coming from".(The former two being chainsaw defense as opposed to simply defending him)
It's times like this..
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Messiah wrote:
unvote, vote: Starbuck

Her "I don't see where I defended him" defense isn't very persuasive.

And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:01 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Messiah wrote:She did quite a few things to defend him that no one else did, such as referring to ek's original DN vote as opportunistic, calling SC's reaction overaggressive or stating "I could see where deathnote was coming from".(The former two being chainsaw defense as opposed to simply defending him)
A) ek's original DN vote as opportunistic - Not exactly a ringing defense.

B) calling SC's reaction overaggressive - ...Did you read his reaction? I also called it overagressive.

C) Do you know what's cool? Quoting entire the whole sentence rather then just a chunk of it. Also quoting things she actually said would be nice. If they didn't say it don't put it in quote marks, that's again misrepresentation.
Starbuck wrote:I can see where DeathNote was coming from, especially prior to mod clarifications, but there is just too much that we don't know. Also, with all 4 of the rogues receiving an imprint, it's like we'd be setting ourselves up for failure
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Starbuck »

I'm just wondering where our mod is so he can confirm that I am town and you guys can move on with tomorrow and get to lynching people who are actually scum, rather than mislynching your own.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:32 am

Post by Starbuck »

Also, don't think the scum were actually waiting for me to get back. They just wanted me to post something so it looks like they waited for me to post before hammering.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Messiah »

B.) As far as SC's initial reaction to DN's plan, yes, I did read it and I don't feel like it was overaggressive at all. Mind linking to the post where you called it overaggressive? I can't find it.
Buttonmen wrote:Do you know what's cool? Quoting entire the whole sentence rather then just a chunk of it.
Yes, that would be very cool. I just pulled the quote off the top of my head, which would explain why the whole thing wasn't there. I get your point, though, and you're right.
Buttonmen wrote:Also quoting things she actually said would be nice. If they didn't say it don't put it in quote marks, that's again misrepresentation.
Er, she didn't say it? I used the word could instead of can, but still.
It's times like this..
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Well if starbuck flips town that will change things.

She can be indignant and angry at me all she wants, but I didn't lynch her for her meta, I lynched her for defending deathnote. In fact, I think it best that me and Starbuck try not to play another game together at this point since she obviously finds me as frustrating as I find her. Which sucks since I like her on a personal level, and it seems like we like a lot of the same things (since we pick the same theme games to play), but it seems like we don't enjoy each other in games. I wish we could get along, Starbuck!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Starbuck »

You lynched me for something that you misrepresented me doing! That's SCUMMY, my dear.

I don't find you frustrating. I actually like you, but I don't like how you apparently couldn't see that I was ATTACKING you and SC, and not defending DeathNote.

I'm pretty sure at this point that you are scum.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:42 am

Post by Starbuck »

Also, you should try to separate being in a game from just liking the same things. I'm pretty sure we'd get along.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:48 am

Post by farside22 »

Not sure if star's telling the truth so I will wait for mod confirmation
If star is town I'm voting EK, if star is scum I'm voting VMD.
Anyone want to question why just read back and you will see many points I had on both.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:50 am

Post by Starbuck »

Get ready to vote EK, farside.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Starbuck »

Messiah's quick hammer of myself is Scummy times Infinity. So I decided to help the town and do an ISO read of him.

The main thing that bothers me is that it really has seemed that Messiah was defending myself a good chunk of the time. His quick flip to be my hammer really surprised me. He changes his tune in Post 573 and in his very next post he hammers me because he thinks that my "I don't see where I defended him" defense isn't very persuasive. I'm guessing that Messiah skimmed all of my catch up posts, way to make me waste my time. If you flip town at all, I will definitely be making sure not to ever play a game with you again because that hammer was scummier than SC's.

Also, WTF on the following:
Messiah wrote:She did quite a few things to defend him that no one else did, such as referring to ek's original DN vote as opportunistic, calling SC's reaction overaggressive or stating "I could see where deathnote was coming from".(The former two being chainsaw defense as opposed to simply defending him).
EK's vote was opportunistic. How is that me defending DeathNote?
SC's reaction was overaggressive. How is that me defending DeathNote?

Nice misrep there bud. You took part of my sentence from that post to make yourself look better, as has already been pointed out.

He also was going after SC almost as much as I was and then he posts the following:
Messiah wrote:
SB wrote:Because I didn't defend him. I was attacking SC and Elvis, but apparently you are too easily blinded by them to think for yourself.
Heh, maybe. I've wanted SC lynched since day 1, but his posts following DN's flip felt sincere to me at the time and that was enough to temporarily
"blind" me, I guess. I don't plan on making that mistake again.

One thing that sticks out to me is Post 28. He says he likes Limerick's plan of imprinting one person and then no lynching. This is bothersome because this is not how you play mafia. But then in Post 76, he says:
Messiah wrote:That being said, though, I'd prefer to actually play mafia rather than abuse a game mechanic to pull off an effortless win.
I know the above is about TheButtonmen, but both ideas would "abuse a game mechanic to pull off an effortless win". So, why is it okay for Limerick but not okay for TheButtonmen?

The next thing is a bit of parroting...

Take a look at Post 82:
Messiah wrote:
Pug89 wrote:I really don't like this post. It seems like he is trying to force the town to choose either empowering everyone or no one and ignores the third option of imprinting only a few people (which is what Elvis actually suggested).
I didn't realize it at the time, but this is a very good point. He presents a false dilemma, leaving out the option that is best for the town. This coupled with his push to proceed with a plan that would most likely be harmful to the town is a good reason to
vote: DeathNote
He just repeated the exact thing that Pug said.

And some distancing...

Post 145:
Messiah wrote:I don't like ek's insistence that we should consider her town at all. ek, I feel like you're significantly downplaying the possibility that you could be faking or the(even more likely, imo) possibility that scum would have no idea they didn't have a nk.
Post 367
Messiah wrote:I don't. I think SC is likely scum, but that has nothing to do with you, like I said in my last post.

And just where were his votes placed?

Day 1

Lynch
DeathNote, Post 82 - This is the post that he parrots Pug
SC, Post 214 - "for the ridiculous way he's overreacted towards starbuck and the above scummy line of questioning."
DeathNote, Post 383 - For reasons in previous posts and the "just policy lynch me and get it over with" thing

Imprint
Messiah, VMD and Buttonmen

Day 2

Lynch
SC, Post 480 - No reason
Starbuck, Post 615 - Her "I don't see where I defended him" defense isn't very persuasive.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Starbuck »

I can still help my town while I am still alive. Hopefully, you guys will re-read everything I've said and pick through it with a fine tooth comb when I flip.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:54 am

Post by Starbuck »

xRECKONERx wrote:
Imprint: Buttomen, Pug
Does nobody find this Imprint vote after the hammer a little scummy?

Notice that xRx hasn't really mentioned anything else since?
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:58 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

he was making it so that there was imprints this time rather then sudden hammer no imprint
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:59 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Also I'm fairly certain either SC or EK is scum, I'm leaning towards SC Thoughts?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Imprints have to be in before the lynch though, last I knew.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Let's take a look at my lynchers...

Arizona (5) - Alaska, Georgia, Virginia, Kansas, Iowa, colorado
SC, Plum, elvis_knits, farside, xRx, and Messiah

We already know SC, elvis and Messiah's reasons for voting for me.

Farside built her own case, and I actually find this to be pro-town. She didn't parrot off of anyone else.

I almost forgot Plum was in this game. I made mention of her in my catch up post but I will do so again. In this post, it seems like she is attacking SC, but she turns around and votes for myself. And she NEVER even built a case on me.

Here's what she said:
Plum wrote:Starbuck was my next scummiest suspect for similar counts to DN's but not SC's case (though DN flipping scum makes her look no better, to say the least).

Vote: Starbuck
That was it!

You guys need to look into Plum a bit.

xRx votes for me in this post because:
xRx wrote:On second thought, lynching Starbuck is a better plan. Passively defending someone who flips scum is a no-no.

One funny thing to mention is that neither Farside nor xRx had any type of interaction with me before they voted for me.

Way to judge someone for ONE DAY of posting.

And xRx, I thought you were better than this. If you are scum, I can see why you would vote me, if you aren't I'm severely disappointed in you.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

If starbuck flips town, I think we should discuss and imprint a few people (as many as we feel comfortable), and no-lynch and go to night.

I'm perfectly aware that I will never get an imprint in this game if starbuck flips town. That doesn't matter. And I don't think SC should either. That's fine.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

People I might vote to imprint are:

Plum
Messiah
Buttons
VMD
Pug

The rest I would probably not vote to imprint.
Talk nerdy to me.

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Elvis, I just want to say that if you really are town that you may want to start rethinking your bias of always viewing someone as scum. I really don't know what I did to make you always assume that I am. I'm barely ever scum and my Wiki can prove that.

It's just something to think about.

I'm not trying to be rude in anyway, just trying to give advice.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Starbuck wrote:Elvis, I just want to say that if you really are town that you may want to start rethinking your bias of always viewing someone as scum. I really don't know what I did to make you always assume that I am. I'm barely ever scum and my Wiki can prove that.

It's just something to think about.

I'm not trying to be rude in anyway, just trying to give advice.
Starbuck,

You continue to misunderstand me.

I always think you're scum. I know this, and I know it's not possible for you to always be scum. I also know I have mislynched you before. So I was trying to judge you differently, because apparently we always misunderstand each other (because you never seem to understand me either, you always think I'm scum too btw). I lynched you today not because of any meta issues we may have with each other. I lynched you today because you had the strongest ties to Deathnote as far as I could tell. It had nothing to do with our meta issues.
Talk nerdy to me.

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Starbuck »

As much as you probably don't believe it, I really didn't feel you are scum. You have done scummy things, and I didn't feel comfortable imprinting you because you are so buddy buddy with SC, but my vote would never have gone to you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”