Mini 891 - British Comedy Mafia (Game Over)

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Netopalis »

Sorry, still a bit behind, will post within 24 hours.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:32 am

Post by danakillsu »

sorry, I know this isn't original, but I still think it's right. In fact I don't understand the Budja wagon
vote: Josh Lyman
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:44 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Snow_Bunny wrote:
MacavityLock wrote: I have no interest in a Budja wagon right now and feel like a
Vote: Neto
is in order.
Then, what's your stance on Budja? Do you think he's town?
I'm not interested in a Budja lynch, and that's all I'm going to say for now.

Something feels off about this second Lyman-wagon. I need to figure out what it is. His stumping does seem at least partially testable, and I didn't see any major contradictions in the claim, though I need to double-check this.
danakillsu wrote:sorry, I know this isn't original, but I still think it's right. In fact I don't understand the Budja wagon
Reasons please?

By the way, welcome to the game. Should I abbreviate you as dan or dana? Is Dana killing me, or is Dan a-killing me?
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:12 am

Post by danakillsu »

dana
dana kills u
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:13 am

Post by danakillsu »

The strangest defeatist indifferent attitude I've ever seen is my reason for voting for him.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by DeathSauce »

Another replacement here, just skimmed the thread quickly.

First impressions are that Budja and Macavity like to defend each other.

Second impression is that the first Josh wagon built up speed really quickly, and this second wagon looks like scum taking another shot at it after the Budja wagon lost steam.
Might be useful to examine the two wagons and see who voted in each, I will try to get to that later

Overall, Budja's opportunism is scummy, among other things
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

DS, who are you replacing?
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

danakillsu wrote:sorry, I know this isn't original, but I still think it's right. In fact I don't understand the Budja wagon
So you will just hop on the wagon like that?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by Netopalis »

I still need to finish my reread, but I do have some good points, I think.

In re: Budja, I think that the strongest argument in favor of his lynch is the fact that he really has contributed nothing to the game. In the words of David Byrne, he's "talking a lot, but not saying anything". Active lurking is one of the prime scumtells, as scum want to be active enough to avoid the lurkervote, but they don't want to stick their neck out very far, lest it be chopped off. In every post, he is agreeing with someone, in nopost does he advance a significant theory of his own.

I also am really not liking Danakillsu's vote on Josh Lyman. He's a claimed power role, and a rather confirmable one at that. To me, it's obvious that while Josh may be the play tomorrow, heis certainly not it today. Even more troublesome is the lack of any real backing for the attack on Josh other than vague accusations of a defeatist attitude. I know and understand what he is saying, but he needs to say it himself rather than having someone else make the case for him.

Vote stays on Budja for now. I could be convinced to go after Dana, though.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Net: please tell me how exactly JL's claim is provable in any way. I went through his claim and posted for you every flaw I saw, and I'm sure there's more that I didn't see. Please tell me why you chose to totally ignore all those points and say "He's a claimed power role, and a rather confirmable one at that". Also, please tell me how his "power" is useful in any way when scum can kill the stump at night anyway.

As a side note: BC's avatar is awesome and I love Chuck!

DS: You pointed out that JL has had 2 wagons on him so far in D1. Ever occur to you (and others) that maybe, just maybe, JL has had 2 wagons on him because he is doing scummy things?! Come on people, logic it out. It's not hard.

Right now, either Net or BC have my eye for JL's scumbuddy for their blatant disregard for the holes in JL's claim.
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:09 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Well, if nothing else, it IS effectively a vig.

It's confirmable if, of course, we end up with a treestump tomorrow. If we don't, then we can lynch him.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:11 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Still catching up, but on the subject of Josh's role: is it going to be used tonight or not? Some people are talking about confirming it whilst others are suggesting that he doesn't use it at all. I think Josh needs to establish whether or not he is going to use it because any thinking that we can solve this issue by seeing whether someone is stumped tomorrow is pointless unless we establish that it's going to get used.

That aside, I'm also not as convinced as some people by the plausibility of the claim and I think the 'it's odd for a fakeclaim' attitude is a terrible reason to give Josh a pass. The right play is to at least wait and see if he has an ability, IF he is genuinely going to use it tonight. If he's taking Macavity's suggestion not to use it tonight and wait until we have fewer targets, then how long are we giving him to confirm it?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:23 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Chinaman, we are all perfectly aware that you want to lynch Josh. You could not possibly be more clear on that subject.

Macavity, I'm replacing ConfidAnon, ortolan announced it a page or two back.

I do agree with Locke that just because Josh came up with a unique power role doesn;t give him a pass. In another game on the site a "vanilla scum" essentially claimed to be an unnightkillable super doc and was able to answer questions about that role, still turned out to be scum.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:13 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Looked at the wagons, as promised. Only thing worth noting from just looking at the vote counts was that BloodCovenant and Fuzzyman were the two that switched to the Budja wagon as it began to gather steam, but I have not yet gone back and read their reasons for doing so.

Also, add me to the list that dislikes dana's entrance into this game. You don't understand the Budja wagon so you jump on the Josh wagon? There are alternatives, like, I don't know, scum hunting.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:27 am

Post by ortolan »

Twelfth vote count

Josh Lyman (4): Chinaman, BloodCovenent, Snow_Bunny, danakillsu
Budja (3): Josh Lyman, Netopalis, Fuzzyman
BloodCovenent (1): Budja
Netopalis (1): MacavityLock
Locke Lamora (1): imaginality

Not voting (3): DeathSauce, Locke Lamora

7 to lynch

Woo
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Netopalis »

Well, the difference between an unnightkillable doc and a treestumper is the fact that the doc is a passive role. However, there is an objective manifestation of the lumberjack role that Josh
cannot fake
. While he cannot be definitely cleared if that role is not used,
if it is used and a treestump is created, he is cleared.

BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:34 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Netopalis wrote:I still need to finish my reread, but I do have some good points, I think.

In re: Budja, I think that the strongest argument in favor of his lynch is the fact that he really has contributed nothing to the game. In the words of David Byrne, he's "talking a lot, but not saying anything". Active lurking is one of the prime scumtells, as scum want to be active enough to avoid the lurkervote, but they don't want to stick their neck out very far, lest it be chopped off. In every post, he is agreeing with someone, in nopost does he advance a significant theory of his own.

I also am really not liking Danakillsu's vote on Josh Lyman. He's a claimed power role, and a rather confirmable one at that. To me, it's obvious that while Josh may be the play tomorrow, heis certainly not it today. Even more troublesome is the lack of any real backing for the attack on Josh other than vague accusations of a defeatist attitude. I know and understand what he is saying, but he needs to say it himself rather than having someone else make the case for him.

Vote stays on Budja for now. I could be convinced to go after Dana, though.

Would His PR make sense as a scum role?
Chinaman wrote: As a side note: BC's avatar is awesome and I love Chuck!
;) word dude. Season three January 10th ;)
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:55 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Netopalis wrote:Well, the difference between an unnightkillable doc and a treestumper is the fact that the doc is a passive role. However, there is an objective manifestation of the lumberjack role that Josh
cannot fake
. While he cannot be definitely cleared if that role is not used,
if it is used and a treestump is created, he is cleared.
BC beat me to the punch. Obviously if the role is used it is real, but as I was also going to say, there is the possibility that it's a scum PR.

I think that is where Chinaman's suspicion of you is coming from, you are very quick to clear Josh completely if the role part of the claim is true, you seem to be discounting the possibility of a scum PR.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Netopalis »

Well, as BC said, it doesn't make sense as a scum power role. Scum almost never have 1-shot vig abilities and the scum having a lumberjack role is just silly. The only side that it makes sense on is town.

Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

I'm here for about 20 minutes. Given my lack of time, would someone like to reiterate anything I should be answering? (I hate asking this, as it looks as though I'm unwilling to read: it's truly a time limitation thing. If I could sign in on my stupid phone, this wouldn't be a problem.)
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by Budja »

@Net, I'll admit I haven't pushed my own theories much but I have few scum reads which are already pushed (and many town :P).

JL is prob town. China seems the only legit(ish) wagoner.
FoS Snow, Dana

BC or Locke are my scum picks. Dana as the outlier.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Netopalis wrote:Well, as BC said, it doesn't make sense as a scum power role. Scum almost never have 1-shot vig abilities and the scum having a lumberjack role is just silly. The only side that it makes sense on is town.
No that's not what I said. I asked if it made sense as a scum role. This is Coney Island, of course it could make sense as a scum role.

josh, what's your win condition?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Oh, sorry. IF you felt that the answer was obvious, why would you ask?

Seriously, though, I've never heard of a scumteam having a one-shot vig, even in coney island. It unbalances it too much to give them a second kill.

BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Netopalis wrote:Oh, sorry. IF you felt that the answer was obvious, why would you ask?

Seriously, though, I've never heard of a scumteam having a one-shot vig, even in coney island. It unbalances it too much to give them a second kill.
I just find it as an extremely unusual role, and remotely out of place. And I wanted to see your reaction and answer.

Josh, what is your role name?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Netopalis »

He already gave it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”