Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:08 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Okay, so it makes you uneasy. Fine, whatever. Just answer the goddamn question. Or does it make you uneasy because you're scum who doesn't want to commit to having a stance on me if your plan goes awry?
And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:14 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

when you're on the receiving end it is rather irksome.
ORLY? :D

Yes, the site is failing hard. Lucky I hammered DeathNote when I had the chance :D

What do you think of Starbuck, Vala? Do you agree she is more likely to be scum now that there's a DN scumflip?
I'm old now.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:20 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Okay, so it makes you uneasy. Fine, whatever. Just answer the goddamn question. Or does it make you uneasy because you're scum who doesn't want to commit to having a stance on me if your plan goes awry?
And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Agh. Did I just double post? I can't tell. Anyway, not until you answer my question, SC. I asked first.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:25 pm

when you're on the receiving end it is rather irksome.
ORLY? :D

Yes, the site is failing hard. Lucky I hammered DeathNote when I had the chance :D

What do you think of Starbuck, Vala? Do you agree she is more likely to be scum now that there's a DN scumflip?
I'm old now.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:42 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Agh. Did I just double post? I can't tell. Anyway, not until you answer my question, SC. I asked first.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:44 pm

Looks like some of the stuff I tried ot post when the site was flooded is all coming back. Some of the posts might be not in order or whatever.

Like with any associative case, it gets dropped when one of the people you're tlaking about isn't scum. If Starbuck is town, then all of my posts which mention you being tied to her are null and void, including where you tie a lew flip to her alignement and her supporting you. That leaves a much smaller case. Given you were one of the group looking to be imprinted on D1, and I'm pretty confident in the four townies of plum, elvis, sc and pug, so naturally I'm going to be more suspicious of the rest, but that's little reason to vote you specifically.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Say we imprint 3 people, of which 2 are scum. Say everybody gets kills. We mislynch twice and it's game over without us realising.

And we'll never know what roles they have. They come back the next day and say they got a doc or something and we have no way of knowing that they're lying.

Every person we imprint is a possible night kill against us. Each unique person we imprint is another unique kill that's possibly out there.

Whereas, we have 4 lynches till lylo if we don't imprint anyone. We have a scum flip and from the initial wagon and the imprint wagons of yesterday we have some serious info.

I am genuinely perplexed why people think imprinting anyone is a good idea from this position.
I'm old now.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:18 am

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Honestly, a lot of the reason I want to see people imprinted is because I'm curious to see what kind of roles are available to us. Another is that if I thought this game was meant to be played as a purely vanilla game, the mod just would have made it that way. To play the whole game as a nightless vanilla would just be... underwhelming. And if we only imprint a couple people, I don't see much danger in it.

((DISCLAIMER: Before anyone (I'm particularly looking at you, farside) bitches at me for imprinting five people and calls it hypocritical or something, note that I'd obviously unimprint some people if too many people were getting too close to being imprinted.))

As for your question, I've reread and still get the impression she was defending him due to meta. Then there's the issue that she was mainly attacked by you, and you're my top suspect at the moment for trying to control town's play with almost every post and hammering just so you could get your way, so if you're scum it's a fairly safe assumption she's town. I would like to hear more from her, though. Hopefully now that she's coming back soon that will happen.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:37 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #15=-

Alaska (3) - Hawaii, Colorado, Ohio
Arizona (2) - Alaska, Georgia
Ohio (1) - Kansas

Not Voting (5) - Arizona, Florida, Iowa, Montana, Virginia

6 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #15=-

Hawaii (5) - Kansas, Ohio, Montana, Hawaii, Florida
Montana (3) - Kansas, Ohio, Montana
Florida (2) - Ohio, Florida
Colorado (2) - Ohio, Iowa
Georgia (2) - Montana, Georgia
Ohio (1) - Ohio
Iowa (1) - Iowa
Virginia (1) - Georgia
Alaska (0)
Arizona (0)
Kansas (0)

6 to imprint.

ALASKA = SerialClergyman
ARIZONA = Starbuck
COLORADO = Messiah
FLORIDA = Limerickx
GEORGIA = Plum
HAWAII = TheButtonmen
IOWA = xRECKONERx
KANSAS = farside22
MONTANA = Pug89
OHIO = Vala Mal Doran
VIRGINIA = elvis_knits
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:47 am

Post by Starbuck »

Hey guys, I just got in from my flight from the States to Sicily. I have a Statistics final tonight, but I will be catching up as soon as I can.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:01 am

Post by farside22 »

xRECKONERx wrote:I feel like we need to get people imprinted THEN decide on a lynch.

My vote will either go to Starbuck or SC. It's currently 8:3. If we lynch wrong, it'll be 7:3, and that'll put us into lylo tomorrow if scum gets a killing imprint.
If 1 of the 2 (and yes I say only 2 imprints) kills a person they will be lynched. How hard is this to understand?
I swear I said this before and no one is listening.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:06 am

Post by farside22 »

vmd wrote:Yes. Yes I did. And I would do it again. My vote had everything to do with wanting to play the game the way it was intended to be played. If you're getting anything else from that, you're just being paranoid. And while there's nothing particularly wrong with paranoia (as established earlier I'm rather paranoid myself), when you're on the receiving end it is rather irksome.
A vote for someone trying to break the game and doing it so the town wins and you think voting him really is a good plan?
A vote means you believe someone is scum.

I had a long list of things that bothered me most of which is how you say I get town vibes from you but don't say why. You said it to about 3 people to the point it lost all meaning. And your scum list where you list 3 people on the buttom because they didn't contribute is someone not looking for scum but looking fur lurkers.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:08 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Farside: What if it's a town vig?
green shirt thursdays
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:16 am

Post by elvis_knits »

AH HA!

LOOK WHO WAS SCUM!

:VINDICATION:
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote: I just be mindless and just listen to EK and SC. :roll:
This would be good, farside :P
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:19 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

@SC: Why did you wait until the end of the wagon to hammer DN?

Vote: SerialClergyman

His ploy was that if he was town, then so was elvis... and if DeathNote was scum, so was Starbuck. IMO, it was a bus. He knew DeathNote would flip scum, therefore incriminating Starbuck and seemingly clearing both himself and elvis.
green shirt thursdays
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:19 am

@farside

Say you imprint someone. They are scum and get the ability to kill. They don't use it that night and claim they got doc power and it did nothing.

Now they have a NK. They can use it another night to frame someone, or just use it when we thought we had some lynches up our sleeves.
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:22 am

Post by elvis_knits »

WTF...........................

CAN PEOPLE STOP VOTING SC ALREADY?

If HE F-ING GETS LYNCHED BEFORE I GET A CHANCE TO READ THROUGH THE LAST FEW PAGES I WILL BE RAGE
Talk nerdy to me.

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:28 am

@ Rec - specifically to stop people I thought were scum getting imprinted. See my analysis of the imprint wagons and then the huge disagreement I got with that analysis.
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:31 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SerialClergyman wrote:Elvis, pug, plum - vote me.

I need to flip to convince the remaining town members that my pleas are real, and we're in serious danger of letting the scum get a quick imprint.
Really?

I really don't want to though.

You know they will not care when you flip town and still keep up with this same BS.

We need to

vote starbuck

This is really important people (putting capslock back on!):

WHATEVER YOU THINK OF ME AND SC, HOWEVER PARANOID YOU ARE, HOWEVER MUCH YOU CANNOT STOP SAYING WIFOM, PLEASE LOOK AT DEATHNOTE (KNOWN SCUMBAG) AND LOOK WHO WAS PROTECTING HIM! VOTE STARBUCK FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

The simple truth here is that, yes, scum do buss, but they are FAR more likely to protect each other. When you lynch a scumbag, you do not attack the people who pushed all day for scumbag's lynch (a busser wouldn't even push all day for the lynch, they might be wishy washy and come on at the end). You attack the people who fought the lynch!

Vote starbuck

Vote Starbuck

VOTE STARBUCK
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:34 am

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:@farside

Say you imprint someone. They are scum and get the ability to kill. They don't use it that night and claim they got doc power and it did nothing.

Now they have a NK. They can use it another night to frame someone, or just use it when we thought we had some lynches up our sleeves.
I know you said something about 100 imprints to the same person but what about a second imprint to the same person does it make them go insane?

@Farside: What if it's a town vig?
If anyone gets the ability to kill that is town they don't use it. Seriously are you looking to excuse someone from performing a hit later?
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:40 am

Post by Messiah »

ek wrote:You know they will not care when you flip town and still keep up with this same BS.
This isn't really correct. SC flipping town at this point would be signficant to me.
ek wrote:a busser wouldn't even push all day for the lynch, they might be wishy washy and come on at the end
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that exactly what SC did? He went from "I think starbuck is scum, and if she is DN is probably her scumbuddy" to hammering DN.

ek, what happens if Starbuck flips town?
It's times like this..
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:51 am

Post by elvis_knits »

If starbuck flips town, then we look at other ties to DN, including SC. We weigh that new evidence with other evidence of scummy behavior and arrive at a new conclusion.
Talk nerdy to me.

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:59 am

farside - if town get imprinted, they get an ability for that night and that night only.

If scum get imprinted, they get an ability that they can use any night. If they get multiple imprints, they get new abilities that they may use, but they cannot ever use more than 1 per night.

So my point was every time you imprint someone, you risk that that person is scum who gets the ability to kill. They may not use it that night, and it may be easy for them to lie about it.

If Town A, Scum B and Scum C all get imprinted and get the ability to kill, the next day noone will be killed and they'll report back. Town A will say he could kill but chose not to, Scum B could say the same or make up any other claim - say the ability to be a doc for the night and he used it without result. Scum C says the same thing.

Now we have a situation where the town loses 2 mislynches and we don't even know it. There's no way of knowing if any of A, B and C were lying about their imprints. A loses his ability but B and C keep it. As soon as we get 2 town deaths from losing, they both use their kill and even though we were expecting being able to have 2 more lynches, we've suddenly lost overnight.

This is the sort of thing I'm worried about.
I'm old now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”