Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Ok, wtf.
And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

And SC if DN is scum don't even try to pull the bullshit logic "oh look he's scum so that means I'm / Elvis is town"
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #13: The End of Day One Vote Count=-

Nevada (7) - Virginia, Georgia, Montana, Iowa, Colorado, Florida, Alaska

Virginia (2) - Arizona, Kansas
Alaska (1) - Hawaii

Not Voting (2) - Nevada, Ohio

7 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #13: The End of Day One Imprint Count=-

Ohio (5) - Nevada, Florida, Arizona, Ohio, Colorado
Colorado (5) - Nevada, Ohio, Colorado, Iowa, Florida
Hawaii (5) - Nevada, Arizona, Kansas, Colorado, Hawaii
Montana (4) - Nevada, Ohio, Virginia, Kansas
Alaska (3) - Alaska, Nevada, Virginia
Florida (3) - Nevada, Florida, Ohio
Iowa (3) - Arizona, Iowa, Kansas
Georgia (3) - Nevada, Georgia, Virginia
Virginia (2) - Alaska, Virginia
Arizona (1) - Nevada
Kansas (1) - Nevada
Nevada (1) - Nevada

7 to imprint.

ALASKA = SerialClergyman
ARIZONA = Starbuck
COLORADO = Messiah
FLORIDA = Limerickx
GEORGIA = Plum
HAWAII = TheButtonmen
IOWA = xRECKONERx
KANSAS = farside22
MONTANA = Pug89
NEVADA = DeathNote
OHIO = Vala Mal Doran
VIRGINIA = elvis_knits

*totally gonna write some flavour here too, honest.*

Nevada, Rogue Active - Sent to the Attic Day One

No one has been imprinted.

-=No imprints means no need for a night, so we're straight on to Day Two! Deadline set for Thursday, 14th January. With 11 alive, it will take 6 votes to lynch or imprint.=-
Last edited by iamausername on Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by Pug89 »

VMD wrote: Smart scum will bus their scumbuddies if they think the benefits will outweigh losing a member. Period. For a scum attacking a scum!DN, they would receive far more benefits from bussing him early and hard than they would from keeping him alive, assuming he's as useless in the QT as he is here. If DN is scum I expect to find at least two of the scumbags on his lynch trying to make themselves look good, if not all three. You're completely disregarding the fact that he is a blatantly anti-town player, and not someone scum would probably want to keep around if he's going to undermine their strategies.
I was just about to point the same thing. DN has looked scummy since his first post when he suggested imprinting everyone.
SC wrote:unvote, vote deathnote

executive decision. Let's continue this after a flip.
Seriously? You do this while the town was still discussing important issues that needed to be decided for the day?
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

SuperMegaDuperUltraConfirmVote: SerialClergyman

So then with that out of the way, we do need to finish the imprinting discussion.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Messiah »

vote: SerialClergyman
It's times like this..
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Boom, headshot.

Now, Starbuck should be next. Her post where she constantly defends DeathNote is SIGNIFICANTLY more scummy now.

I understand there is a big negative reaction to quickhammering, but guess what - scum getting imprint powers is a BAD THING and it was going to happen if I'd let that continue.

For all you townies out there - you might not like me or my methods but dammit, listen up. My analysis of the imprinting is IMPORTANT.

If you feel you have to lynch me to be sure I'm telling the truth, then go ahead and do it, just DO NOT IMPRINT ANYONE. Just lynch me, look at the town flip, then look at who you should lynch D2 (cough starbuck cough).

More good options for lynches are anyone who said SC and elvis are scum but DN is MORE scum, because that attitude doesn't make sense and is a clear bus attempt.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by farside22 »

imprint: pug and thebuttonman

Can we make sure to get imprint out of the way too people.
Pug who do you want to see with an imprint and why?

FOS: SC
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Vote: SC

Obvious bus was sickeningly obvious and also bus. "Hey guys, he's scum just like I told you he would be, because I'm scum too! Now do what I say and don't you dare imprint anybody." What a fail attempt to change the subject and coerce people around to his way of thinking, which people are resisting for good reason, dammit.

imprint: Buttonmen, VMD, Messiah, Limerick

None of my opinions on these people have changed.
And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

TheButtonmen wrote:And SC if DN is scum don't even try to pull the bullshit logic "oh look he's scum so that means I'm / Elvis is town"
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:49 pm

Also, PLEASE take this as a lesson - scum WILL try to hurt town reads, they will try to increase paranoia. If you start making solid reads nad putting people into categories, the scum HAVE to try to shake that up.

Just because it's possible does NOT make it more likely. Think how many games you've seen where scum has bussed another scum from early day 1 unflinchingly to their lynch. It just does NOT happen regularly enough to make it a decent possibility.

I think it's a fair bet to say that me, elvis, plum and pug are all town. In fact, I'm so confident of this I would lynch the rest of you one by one without ever imptinting anyone till we won. Remember this if I die.

Without kills, the scum have much less power. DO NOT GIVE THEM THAT POWER. You have enough to lynch all the scum without any roles, almost certainly.
I'm old now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

TheButtonmen wrote:
TheButtonmen wrote:And SC if DN is scum don't even try to pull the bullshit logic "oh look he's scum so that means I'm / Elvis is town"
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:52 pm

Elvis, pug, plum - vote me.

I need to flip to convince the remaining town members that my pleas are real, and we're in serious danger of letting the scum get a quick imprint.
I'm old now.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

EBWOP: Imprint: Pug, that's what I get for being exhausted and not hitting the preview button.

Although now that I think about it Buttonmen's a great candidate, too. I'll keep that vote where it is.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

fail

Imprint: Pug

There. Ugh, need slp.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by farside22 »

Come one come all to the WIFOM train that is SC.
Grab a tomato and throw

*sigh*

I seriously would rather lynch ek I have my reason as I think SC is blinded by smooth talk and did something without discussion with the rest of the town which is SCUMMY!!
UGH I'm going to say this once because my brain hurts. If someone kills a player with this power and unless they have the most fabulous reason for this kill they are scum.
No question, no thoughts and just so you know why I believe scum to buss their scum buddy day 1 with this set up is just look to the Open vanilla with 8-4 and is nightless.
It is a classic scum play to buss their scum buddy in that game in order to look town.
Now go look it up and stop with the WIFOM.

vote: EK
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:01 pm

If you think it's classic scum play, that I am SCUMMY!!! for doing something without town permission then vote me. I'm here and totally expecting it.
I'm old now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Farside, could you be talked into moving that vote to SC?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:10 pm

Also -

IF Starbuck THEN Vala.
Vala wrote:More general thoughts on the Starbuck vs SC/Elvis thing: The overall fight looks to me like a town vs town squabble more than it does a scum vs town or scum vs scum distancing squabble.
Vala wrote:Starbuck otherwise seems fairly town to me so I want her to be guilty by association first. If lewarcher flips scum, then their buddying with each other looks suspect.
If DN flips scum, it's not as strong a read imo
but still implicates her enough for me to take a second look at her. I want DN alive as long as we have overtly scummy people like lewarcher around because if he's scum, he seems the type to accidentally out his scumbuddies.
Vala wrote:
SC wrote:<--- is calling right now Starbuck scum with Deathnote. Write that down, keep it safe, check it on reveal.
...Really? When she's only made one post (not counting her "I'll post later" post)? I had a firmly neutral read on 183.
Vala wrote:And on that note, if I didn't already know DN's meta is to post very curtly and anti-townly like this, I would have buried him ages ago. If you can prove to me that you always sit back like this no matter your alignment, lewarcher, then I will cut you some slack, otherwise post moar or die.
Vala wrote:I want to get it out there that I'm also giving DN the benefit of the doubt for now due to meta reasons; I have read bits and pieces of many games on this website, including a couple that DN was in, and it seems that he always acts like this, and almost always gets lynched for it early on in the game. That said, I certainly don't want to give him an imprint any time soon. People with anti-town metas are far too much of a wildcard to risk something like that.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:If you think it's classic scum play, that I am SCUMMY!!! for doing something without town permission then vote me. I'm here and totally expecting it.
I really expect you to be more rational then this. Listen I have 2 scum suspect right now in mind.
What you did was clearly anti-town and why you feel the need to not discuss this with everyone instead of playing lets make a deal baffles me.

Lets say we lynch starbuck and she doesn't turn up scum. Then what? What glorious plan do you have after that?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Also, although I think that pic was unfairly applied farside, given that my 'next sentence' didn't contain ANY wifom at all, I loved it :D Thanks for the effort :D
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

TheButtonmen wrote:Farside, could you be talked into moving that vote to SC?
No because SC just hit on the other person I found scummy which I find unnerving as all hell now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by farside22 »

My case on VMD is more about her flip flop. She keeps bringing up that she finds people scummy who vote for themselves then does it.
She called Thebuttonman scummy for his meta breaking town win scanario and the reason I feel EK with VMD is that EK almost does this coach thing with her which I find off putting and yet doesn't call her scummy.

Plus the whole I think player X is town based on my read is oh so vague.

unvote:
vote: VMD
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:17 pm

Luckily by then I'll be dead so I won't have to think of the next plan :D

Seriously though - in that case we re-assess. I always said that my case on Starbuck was to be totally dropped if DN was town. I remain completley committed to doing that. If I'm wrong along the way, we discard the remaining theory and make a new theory.

Look - it's just how I play and unfortunatley it's effective. In /inv I picked rofl was fake softclaiming and was called a role fisher (by elvis amongst others) and was told i was anti town and I was a major part of busting open the scum team and winning that game. In commie mafia I used a case FULL of assertion and wifom to say that 2 of the 3 most townie people were the reamining scum and was lynched for it, but I was right and we won the next day.

I know this sounds like a 7 from 7 defence, but really what i'm saying to you is that your criticisms are noted, and i understand I sound more sure than I have a right to be, but this is how I roll and until it starts not working, I'm not going to change.

So vote me, then vote Starbuck.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote: So vote me, then vote Starbuck.
My thought vote VMD then we can argue who we find scummier between starbuck and EK if VMD flips scum. :P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”