Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

This game is certainly unusual.
farside wrote:@SC: Clearly I'm getting the impression you have never seen a scum buss another scum day 1.
Nope, that's not even close. I know I can explain this. Say scum bus their partners roughly 1/4 of the time on D1. I think this is high, but I'm making a point. So one out of every four times the scumbag will bus, 3 out of every 4 times they will not.

That means that purely statistically, the liklihood of someone pressing hard for a scum lynch D1 is 75%. This does not clear them (and will never clear them totally) but IT DOES MAKE IT SIGNIFICANTLY MORE LIKELY that this person is town.

Now in real life, you can look at other motivations - scum are less likely to bus early, and to push hard against their partner. They are more likely to jump on the wagon when it looks inevitable that that person will be lynched. So you can factor in those variables.

But the key point here is that although there is WIFOM, there is a conclusion you can draw as to what is more likely. It is clearly possible that your conclusion will be false, but it is also clearly more likely that the conclusion is correct, and in a game of limited information this is crucial. Saying it's 50/50 because scum could bus or not bus is naive and incorrect, in my opinion.

@elvis - don't lose sight of the goal. I get into these positions more than most, I have a slightly odd playstyle that often means I have little political capital. But remember that you have the ultimate tool - you can be confirmed upon death. When your targets start flipping scum and you flip town the town can check out what you said and you'll have done your part to win the game.

@farside - if buttonman gets credit for trying to break the game in the town's favour, why don't I?

@ buttonman thank you for answering. we as a group do indeed need to have the right to ask questions, and often explaining their motivation fully may cancel out the reason for asking them. If I said 'why do you support a lynch of person A' and when asked why replied 'because you never supported a lynch of person A and I want to try and trip you up' the question isn't going to work.

As it was, this is a question designed to get you and the group thinking about who is voting to imprint you and why. If you think there are likely to be no scum on your imprint list, as well as you not being scum yourself, you suddenly have 6 people of which 4 are scum. It's possible, but unlikely.

Also, DeathNote is imprinting all of you. This is surely somewhat suspicious given apparantly everyone now seems in the mood to lynch him. Why did you think 0 scum on your imprint list was an option when your biggest suspect was on there? Are you reasonably happy thinking that if he's scum the other 4 are town?

In all - Ohio (5) - Nevada, Florida, Arizona, Ohio, Colorado
Colorado (5) - Nevada, Ohio, Colorado, Iowa, Florida
Hawaii (5) - Nevada, Arizona, Kansas, Colorado, Hawaii

Deathnote, Starbuck, Limerick, Vala Del M, Messiah, XRECX farside and Buttonman are the unique individual members who are voting to imprint these three people.

Plum, Serial, elvis and Pug are not on this list.

I know for sure that there is scum on this list because I know my alignment, but surely most of you can see that with that many unique people there's almost certainly a heavy scum presence.

For me, I'll add to that that the four people off the wagon are perhaps the four people that I have the largest town read on.

Add to THAT the fact that the FIRST THREE PEOPLE on the DeathNote wagon are Plum, elvis and Pug. I would be on that list too were it not for the fact that I am voting Starbuck.

So of the people who found and started pushing the wagon that we all now think is scummy and have all jumped on, NONE of them are imprinting ANY of the 3 major imprint candidates.

There is definitely scum amongst those three, possibly 2/3 of them. I remain heavily not in favour of an imprint.
I'm old now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

SerialClergyman bold added by me wrote: @ buttonman ....

----

Also, DeathNote is imprinting all of you. This is surely somewhat suspicious given apparantly everyone now seems in the mood to lynch him.
Why did you think 0 scum on your imprint list was an option when your biggest suspect was on there?
Are you reasonably happy thinking that if he's scum the other 4 are town?
Uh?
TheButtonmen wrote:
Vote:SerialClergyman
Stop trying to put words in my mouth.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

My biggest suspect =/= DeathNote
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

SerialClergyman wrote: So of the people who found and started pushing the wagon that we all now think is scummy and have all jumped on
Again you don't speak for everyone. If we had all jumped on the wagon there would be a man up a tree by now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:07 pm

I concede all points. Not everyone has jumped on the wagon - rather mostly everyone (except DN and Starbuck, I believe) have expressed a willingness to see him lynched.

He is not your biggest suspect, but is it fair to say he's one of your biggest suspects? top 3?

So the language was slightly hyperbolic, now go back and read the content and tell me what you think.
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

I <3 post 450. So much win on it. When the guys posts stuff like that I wonder why nobody else thinks he's town.

I almost posted earlier about how certain people are represented repeatedly on all the high imprint vote-geters, but lost the will since I felt like nobody cares.

What I was going to say is slightly different than what SC has said (but arriving at the same point I guess).

Of the three people at 5 imprint votes, buttonmen makes the most sense to me, so I'm not looking at his voters as closely. Now let's look at the other two wagons.

Ohio (VMD)(5) - Nevada(DN), Florida(Limerick), Arizona(starbuck), Ohio(VMD), Colorado (MEssiah)
Colorado (Messiah)(5) - Nevada(DN), Ohio(VMD), Colorado(Messiah), Iowa(Reckoner), Florida(Limerick)

Notice they have almost all the same people on both imprint wagons.
DN, VMD, Messiah, Limerick are all the same. With Starbuck or Reckoner to round out the bunch.

It just seems weird to me that it's all the same people voting for each other here.

ANYWAY, that was my take on the matter earlier today, but perhaps SC's analysis that takes into account the buttonmen wagon is better.

I especially like these points by SC:
1) DN (The guy we are agreeing to hang by his neck), is voting all the people who look like they'll get imprinted.

2) The people who started the wagon on DN: plum, elvis, pug, are nowhere on the wagons to imprint the top vote getters.

3)And Plum, elvis, pug all have like nobody voting to imprint them.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

I just had a great idea...

Let's launch a counter offensive!

imprint pug; imprint plum
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by farside22 »

@farside - if buttonman gets credit for trying to break the game in the town's favour, why don't I?
What was your game breaking strategy? I'm sorry it really has been a long day.
Actually Pug was on my pro-town list so

imprint PUG
Basiclly it's pug, buttonman and recknor as my top 3 for imprints

EK 1 scum suspect and resident cheerleader. I need a moment for looking back at DN all the buddying between EK and SC really needs to end. If you're both town you would reconize this isn't winning you any rewards by validating each other. SC already said he is prone to do this.
SC just a follow up. Have you ever been in a game where EK was scum?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by farside22 »

@SC: saying that 5 votes to imprint and knowing your own alignment means you know mafia to be part of the imprint wagon is BS.
I give you DN as a possible 1 based on many comments but this is just on bottonman. Heck it's possible that there is 2 but that is the same for the other 2 wagon's going on being 1 to 2 scum on each wagon. Yes this does mean that 0 scum is unlikely I get that.
I swear it drives me freeking bonkers that every post I read is that unless people are siding with you and elvis they are scum or just not listening. Like wow I'm so not allowed to my opinion everyone. I just be mindless and just listen to EK and SC. :roll:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by farside22 »

@SC: I swear if the next statment I think your about to make is full of WIFOM I will seriously find a way to throw a tomatoe at you in my next post.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Farside there are eight unique people voting to imprint the three top imprint candidates. I am town and not one of them. That makes at least one scum amongst the eight.
I'm old now.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Limerickx »

SerialClergyman wrote:This game is certainly unusual.
Nope, that's not even close. I know I can explain this. Say scum bus their partners roughly 1/4 of the time on D1. I think this is high, but I'm making a point. So one out of every four times the scumbag will bus, 3 out of every 4 times they will not.

That means that purely statistically, the liklihood of someone pressing hard for a scum lynch D1 is 75%. This does not clear them (and will never clear them totally) but IT DOES MAKE IT SIGNIFICANTLY MORE LIKELY that this person is town.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but is this right? If scum only bus 1 out of 4, that ONLY means it's a 75% chance that scum are not bussing one of their own, right? I understand that it means that (if your 1/4 number is right) 75% of the time you might predict that it is a TOWNIE pushing hard, for SOMEONE, but you're assuming that the target is mafia. Or are you saying that a single mafia also presses hard for a lynch AT ALL 1 out of 4 times, regardless of their target? I'm just a little confused about the logic here, but maybe I'm just misunderstanding the flow of what you're trying to say.
SerialClergyman wrote:In all - Ohio (5) - Nevada, Florida, Arizona, Ohio, Colorado

Deathnote, Starbuck, Limerick, Vala Del M, Messiah, XRECX farside and Buttonman are the unique individual members who are voting to imprint these three people.

Plum, Serial, elvis and Pug are not on this list.

I know for sure that there is scum on this list because I know my alignment, but surely most of you can see that with that many unique people there's almost certainly a heavy scum presence.
Of course the chances that of the 4 people not voting for the top 3, all of them being mafia is almost zero. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if one of those top three are mafia. But the fact remains (for me) that when it comes down to placing my votes, I put them on the people I felt were most likely town. Two of them are up there. I am aware that statistically there is an extremely high chance that there is at least one mafia voting along with me, and also a good chance that at least one of the top 3 are scum (mafia voting bloc and such,) but when it comes down to it, I would feel uncomfortable moving my vote to someone that I feel is LESS townie just to satisfy that particular statistical likelihood. This though also goes hand in hand with my desire to imprint only a few people. Being aware that it is statistically likely mafia are voting for people I am, and being unaware of if it is because they want to fit in or if it is because the top three have mafia in it, keeping the number if imprints low becomes sort of a safeguard which allows me to keep my imprint votes on those I feel best about. I already said that for me personally, I'm willing to move my votes off WHOEVER I might have them on (myself excluded) to ensure that the number of imprints remain low.
SerialClergyman wrote: Add to THAT the fact that the FIRST THREE PEOPLE on the DeathNote wagon are Plum, elvis and Pug. I would be on that list too were it not for the fact that I am voting Starbuck
So of the people who found and started pushing the wagon that we all now think is scummy and have all jumped on, NONE of them are imprinting ANY of the 3 major imprint candidates

There is definitely scum amongst those three, possibly 2/3 of them. I remain heavily not in favour of an imprint.
Pug isn't voting to imprint ANYONE
Plum is only voting to imprint herself
Elvis is voting herself, and you. (Since this post she voted pug and plum, but at the time of this post, that wasn't the case)

As much as this is a very interesting point, it isn't like the first people on the DN train were voting for OTHER people who are 'better' options. Those three people had a total of three votes AT ALL for imprinting.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having a vote on Pug. Plum I am am neutral on, and Elvis I pretty much don't trust myself to be sure on way or another.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

elvis_knits wrote: I especially like these points by SC:
1) DN (The guy we are agreeing to hang by his neck), is voting all the people who look like they'll get imprinted.

2) The people who started the wagon on DN: plum, elvis, pug, are nowhere on the wagons to imprint the top vote getters.

3)And Plum, elvis, pug all have like nobody voting to imprint them.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....
In response;

1) DN is imprinting pretty much everybody so I have no idea what your trying to get at here.

2) Again not getting the thrust of this.

3) Plum's been lurkin, You are super suspcious looking and VMD is imprinting pug.

So what's so Hmmmmmm?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Now I can wifom tomato free!

I'm on my mobile so I'll find my game breaking later.
I'm old now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Ugh this is why I didn't want to answer his question, this new line of "logic" that Elvis and SC are throwing at us isn't helpful at all. As it's so full of WIFOM / Bad logic to be compeletly useless.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

So SC, you're basically saying that anyone who is attacked by anyone else is more likely to be town based on some bullshit percentage you pulled out of your ass? Riiiiight...

Smart scum will bus their scumbuddies if they think the benefits will outweigh losing a member. Period. For a scum attacking a scum!DN, they would receive far more benefits from bussing him early and hard than they would from keeping him alive, assuming he's as useless in the QT as he is here. If DN is scum I expect to find at least two of the scumbags on his lynch trying to make themselves look good, if not all three. You're completely disregarding the fact that he is a blatantly anti-town player, and not someone scum would probably want to keep around if he's going to undermine their strategies.

If the D1 lynch was on someone who mostly appeared townie but had made some small mistakes that got blown out of proportion by a few people until everyone wanted him or her lynched, that would be an entirely different scenario and I would be more inclined to agree with you.

To answer your question, I am guessing 1-2 scum will be on the imprint list of pretty much anyone who actually gets imprinted. Surely there's at least one among the ranks who's hoping to earn town points later for voting to imprint someone they'll hope will end up confirmed town later. I don't think any more than 2, though. It's too risky for scum to let a bunch of people have imprints, especially when they don't have a NK.

I don't understand the logic of "these people are voting to give people they think are town powers, so therefore THEY MUST BE SCUM COUNTER-OFFENSIVE GO". Is it really that surprising that several people would find several other people to be towny and have some semblance of a consensus on that point? I just don't get the logic at all.

-refreshes-

I see a few people have beaten me to the point. Oh well.
I am aware that statistically there is an extremely high chance that there is at least one mafia voting along with me, and also a good chance that at least one of the top 3 are scum (mafia voting bloc and such,) but when it comes down to it, I would feel uncomfortable moving my vote to someone that I feel is LESS townie just to satisfy that particular statistical likelihood.
Quoted for massive truth.
And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Messiah »

ek wrote:I especially like these points by SC:
1.) Uh, he's imprint-voting 10 of the 12 players, so he's also voting nearly all of the players who aren't going to get imprinted. How does this serve to case suspicion solely on three of the ten players he's voting?
2.) Really? Because I seem to recall being one of the players that started the wagon on DN.
Vote Count #2 wrote:Nevada (3) - Virginia, Colorado, Georgia
farside wrote:I swear it drives me freeking bonkers that every post I read is that unless people are siding with you and elvis they are scum or just not listening. Like wow I'm so not allowed to my opinion everyone. I just be mindless and just listen to EK and SC.
QFT
Lim wrote:Personally, I wouldn't mind having a vote on Pug.
Do you mean an imprint vote or a regular vote?

Preview edit: My points seem to have been made already, but eh.
It's times like this..
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #12=-

Nevada (6) - Virginia, Georgia, Montana, Iowa, Colorado, Florida
Virginia (2) - Arizona, Kansas
Alaska (1) - Hawaii
Arizona (1) - Alaska

Not Voting (2) - Nevada, Ohio

7 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #12=-

Ohio (5) - Nevada, Florida, Arizona, Ohio, Colorado
Montana (4) - Nevada, Ohio, Virginia, Kansas
Alaska (3) - Alaska, Nevada, Virginia
Florida (3) - Nevada, Florida, Ohio
Iowa (3) - Arizona, Iowa, Kansas
Georgia (3) - Nevada, Georgia, Virginia
Virginia (2) - Alaska, Virginia
Arizona (1) - Nevada
Kansas (1) - Nevada
Nevada (1) - Nevada

7 to imprint.

ALASKA = SerialClergyman
ARIZONA = Starbuck
COLORADO = Messiah
FLORIDA = Limerickx
GEORGIA = Plum
HAWAII = TheButtonmen
IOWA = xRECKONERx
KANSAS = farside22
MONTANA = Pug89
NEVADA = DeathNote
OHIO = Vala Mal Doran
VIRGINIA = elvis_knits
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:Farside there are eight unique people voting to imprint the three top imprint candidates. I am town and not one of them. That makes at least one scum amongst the eight.
Ah I misunderstood I thought you were just talking about Ben's imprint of people not all 3 people with the top score total.
Damn you didn't go the WIFOM I thought you would so no tomato but thanks for trying. :lol:
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:34 pm

unvote, vote deathnote

executive decision. Let's continue this after a flip.
I'm old now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

TheButtonmen wrote:I'm opposed to a DN lynch at the moment. Partially because right now it would mean
imprints getting handed out today/tonight.

So anyone hammering DN before we can figure out what the plan is in regard to imprints I will assume your scum.
Thanks for confirming my thoughts on you be scum, I only regret that I can't vote you more.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Limerickx »

Messiah wrote: Do you mean an imprint vote or a regular vote?
Imprint. My Bad.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Messiah »

Really? Because continuing the conversation we're all in the middle of would be nice.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Messiah »

That was @SC
It's times like this..
Limerickx