hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:55 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

EBWOP: I'm even happy *with my vote on myko, and not just when.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:57 am

Post by kyle99 »

Alright, just for you, I'll post more than a couple sentences.

hitogoroshi
replaced joe

Ugh, Joe asking to be jailed seemed so stupid. Either he was scum, and wanted to be cleared from being scum by letting his partner make the kill, or he's town looking for unneeded confirmation, both being stupid ideas.
mykonian

Voted to much, keeps hoping and joining bandwagons.
curiouskarmadog
replaced populartajo

Seems town.
Chaco

Lurking, don't have good read.
Qooq
replaced purple princess

Seems town.
kunkstar7
replaced drowmage

Not saying to much, don't have a good read.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:03 am

Post by mykonian »

hito: what if it made sure scum could make its kill, without accidentaly being blocked?

and Joe is not really a newby.

Further, you came into this game saying there wasn't enough coming from me. This was my try of getting the game going. If you want, it might help to see how my games have been going. I could give you some links. This isn't the first time I am trying to get the game active. This is probably the first time it fails every time.

Now you see someone asking for a lynch just after massprod. And it is weird. But now the question: how do I act when scum? Would I be acting weird. You can assume me not to be a newby anymore.

I see the going after kyle, and me, not as scumhunting, but going after weird things. Same happens with me and Joe, and all that I got out of it was people bandwagonning.

@ kyle: why is Joe scum, and not town with a weird action?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:08 am

Post by mykonian »

WAIT A MINUTE

I have barely followed onto bandwagons. Joe was the first vote. CSL was early. The thing you are accusing me is that I'm am not going with the town in my votes, and that I'm using it as a tool in conversing with people, that making that I vote a lot of people.

You just copied the accusations against me wrong, Kyle. Nobody has ever said I was bandwagonning. Why are you trying to follow others? The same with your case on Joe, blatantly copied from me, from the start of this day. When are the original idea's going to come?
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:08 am

Post by kyle99 »

mykonian wrote:hito: what if it made sure scum could make its kill, without accidentaly being blocked?

Further, you came into this game saying there wasn't enough coming from me. This was my try of getting the game going. If you want, it might help to see how my games have been going. I could give you some links. This isn't the first time I am trying to get the game active. This is probably the first time it fails every time.

Now you see someone asking for a lynch just after massprod. And it is weird. But now the question: how do I act when scum? Would I be acting weird. You can assume me not to be a newby anymore.

I see the going after kyle, and me, not as scumhunting, but going after weird things. Same happens with me and Joe, and all that I got out of it was people bandwagonning.

@ kyle: why is Joe scum, and not town with a weird action?
Because him being scum is the most likely, and even if he's town, doing that was being anti-town.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:23 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

mykonian wrote:hito: what if it made sure scum could make its kill, without accidentaly being blocked?
GinzkeyPlatz wrote:I am the Jailkeeper.

I won't use my action tonight because I think the tracker has better odds to pick my killer whereas I could accidentally block the tracker. So on with the lynch!
Firstly, 141 posts, and secondly, 'newbie' is here defined as 'not understanding the night dynamics of this game', not, 'hasn't played much mafiascum'.

But this is the point. The game is going now, in part because of the bandwagon on you. But neither CKD or I will ever later have to say, "that myko bandwagon was pure bullshit. I was just trying to get the game going." I personally think you're scum trying to go for an easy win after CSL more or less handed you the game. There's a lot of gameplay to be had as the town decides on this line of thought - and I won't need to apologize for any of it later. You, by contrast, have apparently decided to get the game going by playing anti-town and then later 'taking it back' because, hey, I was just trying to get the game going.

And "would I be playing weird as scum" is pure WIFOM. Don't bring that up.

One thing I do agree with you on, myko, is that kyles attack on you was very lazy and largely misinformed. And also:
kyle wrote: Because (Joe) being scum is the most likely, and even if he's town, doing that was being anti-town.
Please explain how Joe asking for the jailkeeper to use her action on him was anti-town. As in, describe the night actions that would unfold if a.) Ginz jailed no one and b.) Ginz jailed Joe, and then show me that b) is worse for the town that a). Because from my analysis, it seems as though it would have absolutely no bearing on the game, thus making it a weird newbie null-ploy.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:25 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

lol, you two (My and kyle)are so cute...I mention a link between the two and on cue, they start arguing and pointing fingers.

note, they havent actually voted or even FoSed each other....just a lot a smoke and fluff.

speaking of which, how is that policy vote feeling for you My?

more to come when I got time, couple posts I would like to comment on in the last page or so.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:26 am

Post by kyle99 »

hitogoroshi wrote:
GinzkeyPlatz wrote:I am the Jailkeeper.

I won't use my action tonight because I think the tracker has better odds to pick my killer whereas I could accidentally block the tracker. So on with the lynch!
Firstly, 141 posts, and secondly, 'newbie' is here defined as 'not understanding the night dynamics of this game', not, 'hasn't played much mafiascum'.

But this is the point. The game is going now, in part because of the bandwagon on you. But neither CKD or I will ever later have to say, "that myko bandwagon was pure bullshit. I was just trying to get the game going." I personally think you're scum trying to go for an easy win after CSL more or less handed you the game. There's a lot of gameplay to be had as the town decides on this line of thought - and I won't need to apologize for any of it later. You, by contrast, have apparently decided to get the game going by playing anti-town and then later 'taking it back' because, hey, I was just trying to get the game going.

And "would I be playing weird as scum" is pure WIFOM. Don't bring that up.

One thing I do agree with you on, myko, is that kyles attack on you was very lazy and largely misinformed. And also:
kyle wrote: Because (Joe) being scum is the most likely, and even if he's town, doing that was being anti-town.
Please explain how Joe asking for the jailkeeper to use her action on him was anti-town. As in, describe the night actions that would unfold if a.) Ginz jailed no one and b.) Ginz jailed Joe, and then show me that b) is worse for the town that a). Because from my analysis, it seems as though it would have absolutely no bearing on the game, thus making it a weird newbie null-ploy.
Newbie null-ploy are just stupid distractions for the town that just get in the way of scumhunting.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:14 am

Post by mykonian »

curiouskarmadog wrote:lol, you two (My and kyle)are so cute...I mention a link between the two and on cue, they start arguing and pointing fingers.

note, they havent actually voted or even FoSed each other....just a lot a smoke and fluff.

speaking of which, how is that policy vote feeling for you My?

more to come when I got time, couple posts I would like to comment on in the last page or so.
Someone is cleverly acting behind the scenes. Why FoS when you are attacking someone? Why wasn't I allowed to say something about Kyle without it being asked from me?

Everyone could argue for a link, even between you and me. I attacked you while you were just replacing, and then I go of to attack someone else. Obvious distancing. Then, when I am going the other way, you repeat the whole joke and attack me? How obvious can we get?

But what if it is all just a townie interaction? That could just as well be it, right? And someone so experienced as you would know better then to point out a link and then only see the points that make it seem like it exists, without questioning the hypothesis.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:20 am

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Chaco has requested replacement. - ToD

Vote Count 2.2
mykonian (3 == L-1) - hitogoroshi, curiouskarmadog, kunkstar7

curiouskarmadog (1 == L-3) - mykonian

Not Voting (3): Chaco, Qooq, kyle99
4 votes are required to lynch, 3 at deadline.
If deadline were to hit right now, mykonian would be lynched.
mykonian is at L-1.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:24 am

Post by mykonian »

Hito, how is attacking a known lurker before he gets in the game, and placing the first or second vote on him antitown?

How is placing a serious vote in the first page, RVS, on someone who unvotes and seems to be saying: "see, I don't want to mislynch!" antitown?

How is asking for placing the serious votes to lynch antitown, or scummy? Town, if they listened, would vote as they thought best, the people voted would defend against the accusations, and there would be discussion.

You accuse me of being antitown. I have taken every precaution exactly not to be that. Weird is ok, that gets reactions, but antitown is wrong, I know that very well. None of these instances were antitown, and you attacking me for it shows you found it weird, and associate weird with scum. Who is wrong here then?

The "would I play weird as scum" is purely meta. It is a question you should be asking yourself, being part of your finding scum. It shouldn't be part of my defense, as that says nothing.

On Joe being a newby: Newby is the wrong word, and that put me off. Joe is impulsive, and is probably not the person to think of an elaborate scum plan that would fool the town by drawing the JK. (disclaimer, That doesn't mean that the case on Joe wasn't sound. The reasoning was correct. But it would point at someone being weird, not scum, probably)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 am

Post by mykonian »

lets get some wifomy things in:

assume I'm town. Would scum-chaco request replacement, after having been out of sight the whole time, and me at L-1? I didn't think so. Even if I'm scum, and scums position is less great, scumchaco could just lurk on. Lets take him as town, shall we?

Following the reasoning above, Joe had no scum motive doing what he did, and as town his impulsiveness would explain what he did ( I expect Joe to be more careful as scum), so that would be town number two.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:35 am

Post by mykonian »

Qooq. Her indecisiveness and disappearance which were her latest posts make me doubt.

CKD: Like I said before he came, I won't be able to read him. His logic against me and tunneling throughout his catching up post are scumpoints, but I thought him to be weird (/antitown) often, so I can actually not say a lot about it. Policy lynch is the only solution I have against him, as I won't catch him.

Kyle's following are definate scumpoints. Being it following me against Joe, and following now while copying the case wrong (showing he didn't investigate) against me.

Kunkstar just didn't say enough to have any read on him.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:40 am

Post by kyle99 »

Alright, I'm now 99% sure mykonian is scum.

vote: mykonian
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:42 am

Post by mykonian »

lynch kyle for me :)
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:43 am

Post by kyle99 »

mykonian wrote:lynch kyle for me :)
Why are people going to lynch me when you flip scum?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:45 am

Post by mykonian »

you just answered your own question.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:45 am

Post by kyle99 »

mykonian wrote:you just answered your own question.
Uh, ok, whatever, I don't follow.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:47 am

Post by mykonian »

kyle99 wrote:
mykonian wrote:you just answered your own question.
Uh, ok, whatever, I don't follow.
poor scum, still has to play he is sure I'm scum.

Town would on this moment hope, not be sure, and be waiting for the releasing word of the mod, doubting their choice.

and not feigning ignorance.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:58 am

Vote Count 2.3
mykonian (4 == LYNCH) - hitogoroshi, curiouskarmadog, kunkstar7, kyle99

curiouskarmadog (1 == L-3) - mykonian

Not Voting (2): Chaco, Qooq
4 votes are required to lynch, 3 at deadline.

Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:23 am

"Well, I think Joe's one of the killers," says mykonian. "Clearly he knew either CSL or GP didn't really have the codes."

"Did CSL have a death wish or something? That was really stupid of him," complains Chaco, and a few of you agree with him.

"drowmage, speak up. You're not usually this quiet," says mykonian. A voice sounding only vaguely like drowmage responds, "Sorry, I'm drowmage's alternate personality. Call me kunkstar."

hitogoroshi says, "You know, I think kyle's been a bit off, but myk here's worse."

curiouskarmadog agrees. "Yeah, there's X, Y, and Z that he did that make me think he's one of the killers."

kunkstar7 and kyle99 decide that sounds too incriminating to ignore. All of you charge into mykonian's room, pick him up, and throw him headfirst through his monitor. kunkstar7 wipes mykonian's blood off the shattered CRT and sees... "Crap. He wasn't doing anything."

"Do you mean 'not killing' anything, or 'anything' anything?" asks hitogoroshi.

"From what I can see of his role... 'anything' anything."

Shaken, you return to your... office... it feels like a cell at this point. You start to go to sleep, but shudder at the thought of what might happen before tomorrow.

mykonian, Vanilla Townie, Lynched D2

It is now Night 2. Night will not end until a replacement for Chaco is found, and probably not until Monday, December 21 (because I will be out of town Friday-Monday.)

Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:57 am

Sotty7 replaces Chaco.

If all night actions are in before ~8:00 AM CST (GMT-6) on Friday, I will open the thread then. If not, night will end sometime on Monday. - ToD

Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:03 pm

What a restful night. You feel like you've slept for five days, and as you log back into the video chat, you feel refreshed and ready to go.

However, your rejuvenation turns to consternation when you notice, again, that one of you is not connecting. You realize it's curiouskarmadog who's failing to join you, and you run to his room to take a look.

What you see is not a pretty sight. curiouskarmadog's corpse is a sloppy mess, and you instinctively look away. Turning to his inbox, you find that he was just another honest worker, though one who couldn't do anything special to help find the killers.

You think for a bit. Three versus two... the prospect of guessing wrong again sends shivers down your spine. You return to your office and prepare for another day of discussion, knowing all too well that your life is on the line.

curiouskarmadog, Vanilla Townie, Killed N2

Vote Count 3.0

Not Voting (5): hitogoroshi, Sotty7, Qooq, kunkstar7, kyle99
5 alive means 3 to lynch.
As this is LyLo, a deadline lynch
will still require 3 votes.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

While the vengeful god part of me wants to smite kyle immediately, the rest of me knows that's unwise when we're at LYLO. Having a player slot that has literally never posted is also worrisome. First thing (and I dearly hope this is obvious) no one should vote until everyone has posted. We have the (albeit slim) chance of a lucky guilty track. Beyond that...well, we're in one hell of a situation.

With only seven (!) pages in the past it's gonna be hard to do any legitimate scum hunting. (Thank you for that, kyle...). I'm gonna dredge through what I can knowing CKD is town and see what happens.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:41 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Alright, this is obviously a crucial vote, so I agree with hitogoroshi that no one should vote until we have some sore of consensus on the vote. We don't have to much info to work with, so we have to be careful. I think the best thing to do is have each person give their view on the other 4 persons. I'll start.

Sotty7/Chaco - Chaco wasn't a big poster. If you use the dropdown at the bottom of this thread, you can see only one particular member's posts, and if you look at Chaco, it's pretty sad. He has only 5 posts.

Post 1: Saying he's sorry to the mod for not saying he's V/LA.
Post 2: Saying he's V/LA due to finals. Promises to post later.
Post 3: Says Joe must go, but doesn't need to be rushed. Gives no reasoning.
Post 4: Saying this game died when Saber self-hammered. Pointless post.
Post 5: Clarifing that Saber hammered in V1. Another pointless post.

As you can see, he has only 1 post that contained any info related to the game, and this was mearly joinining a bandwagon without giving any reasoning.. Sotty7 hasn't posted at all, so I would really like to hear from him.

Qooq - Qooq has only had one vote cast this whole game, and that was against CSL. CSL turned out town, but his fake jailkeeper claim was so stupid that I wouldn't think use this as criteria for scum behavior. Overall, his logic seems sound, and I have a pretty strong town read on him/her (not sure, sorry :))

Hitogoroshi - Hitogoroshi is the player I have the strongest town read on so far this game. His arguments are thoughtful and sound, and he seems most likely to be town.

Kunkstar7 - Now Kunkstar is playing interesting. He's only voted for 2 people this game, and both of those players flipped town. When he voted for mykonian, he didn't give any reasoning behind his vote, and this makes me suspicious. I'd like some explanation from him on his votes.

So right now, the most likely scumteam is Sotty7 and Kunkstar7. What do you guys all think?

Return to “Completed Open Games”