Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Town slip =/= twisted logic

Reckoner, answer my 363
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:13 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

Elvis - not one person feeling out whether any of my lynch DN then me type plans is a good idea and all of them being rejected out of hand suggests to me that DN is scum for the same reason you just came to your elvis and sc are town conclusion.
I'm old now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:30 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

SerialClergyman wrote:Elvis - not one person feeling out whether any of my lynch DN then me type plans is a good idea and all of them being rejected out of hand suggests to me that DN is scum for the same reason you just came to your elvis and sc are town conclusion.
That other players are literate and can use basic logic? Like what are you trying to say here.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Well, SC, both you and me have wanted DN dead since page 1, so it would be reasonable to atleast feel a little more townie about us if DN flips scum. The fact that nobody even wants to admit that we
probably
aren't scum with DN should be a sign.

It's unfortunate that some people who I think are probably town are as opposed to everything we say as the scum are.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Messiah »

SC wrote:Elvis - not one person feeling out whether any of my lynch DN then me type plans is a good idea and all of them being rejected out of hand suggests to me that DN is scum for the same reason you just came to your elvis and sc are town conclusion.
I can't speak for everyone, but the reason that I reject your plan has nothing to do with not wanting to lynch DN, it's because of the ridiculous "If I'm town than all of my reads are 100% correct and you should base all of your decisions on those instead of your own reads" thing.
It's times like this..
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:42 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Messiah wrote:
SC wrote:Elvis - not one person feeling out whether any of my lynch DN then me type plans is a good idea and all of them being rejected out of hand suggests to me that DN is scum for the same reason you just came to your elvis and sc are town conclusion.
I can't speak for everyone, but the reason that I reject your plan has nothing to do with not wanting to lynch DN, it's because of the ridiculous "If I'm town than all of my reads are 100% correct and you should base all of your decisions on those instead of your own reads" thing.
He's not saying that if he's town he's 100% correct.
SC wrote:I'm telling you I have a read of her as town. If I am killed and confirmed town myself, that means she went to a lot of effort to try to confirm a townie and you can be sure that my read of her is well-intentioned - both of these things make her more likely to be town.
He's saying that if he's town then you know he didn't say all this stuff with a scum agenda. And he knows me as a player, so he should have a good read of me. So you should just take what he says more seriously and stop with the paranoia.

OBV you should go by your own reads too, but if SC died and was town, that wouldn't influence you at all?

God, SC, I feel like we're Thelma and Louise.
Talk nerdy to me.

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:48 am

Lol.

Ok, new course of action. Let's get a lynch going. Who is up for a good old fashioned dn lynch? No one killing anyone necessarily the next day. Any takers?
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:01 pm

Also messiah, I'm not talking about individuals, I'm talking about the group. There are 4 scum amongst us, yes? So if I'm wrong and dn is town as well as me, I'd expect the scum to at least feel out the possibility of my plan working, even if as town they would find such a plan distasteful for whatever reason. If I'm town and dn is town, I'm handing them a double mislynch on a platter. But not one person expressed the slightest bit of enthusiasm.

Same deal if I were scum for Elvis - she would expect my scum mates to approve of her attempting to clear me but she's getting no support. So from her perspective it doesn't look like I have a scum team.

Does this make sense?
I'm old now.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by Messiah »

ek wrote:OBV you should go by your own reads too, but if SC died and was town, that wouldn't influence you at all?
Of course it would, but not to the extent that I would ever agree to lynch his two top suspects and imprint who he thinks is town just because he was confirmed, which is the way I interpreted those plans.
SC wrote:Ok, new course of action. Let's get a lynch going. Who is up for a good old fashioned dn lynch? No one killing anyone necessarily the next day. Any takers?
See, that's a much better plan. I'm down.

unvote, vote: DeathNote
for the reasons stated in these posts, and the "Just policy lynch me and get it over with :cry:" thing.
SC wrote:Does this make sense?
The first paragraph is re: lynching deathnote if you're town, correct? If so, yes, that makes a lot of sense. And the second would make sense from town-ek's perspective as well, but again I feel strongly that her perspective is heavily flawed.
It's times like this..
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

IMPRINTS, PLEASE. I think we should decide that before we lynch DN.

Also,
e_k wrote:On VMD: why do you see her vote on buttonmen as a town tell?
I though I explained that already. Anyway, I guess I didn't... but it was during her back and forth with him. To be completely honest, I'm too drained from exams to go back and do
another
re-read, so you'll just have to accept the fact that I got a gut town read from her posts, and it has not been retracted yet. Though, her recent down-spike in activity is discouraging.
green shirt thursdays
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Messiah »

Reck wrote:IMPRINTS, PLEASE.
Nearly slipped my mind.

Imprint: Messiah, VMD, Buttonmen
It's times like this..
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:16 pm

I'm not in favour of imprints for this lynch.
I'm old now.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Hmm, on second thought...
Unimprint: VMD, Buttonmen

If I haven't already:
Imprint: Messiah
. Which means I'm supporting myself and Messiah for this day.
green shirt thursdays
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #10=-

Nevada (5) - Virginia, Georgia, Montana, Iowa, Colorado
Virginia (2) - Arizona, Kansas
Alaska (1) - Hawaii
Arizona (1) - Alaska
Iowa (1) - Ohio

Not Voting (2) - Florida, Nevada

7 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #10=-

Ohio (5) - Nevada, Florida, Arizona, Ohio, Colorado
Hawaii (4) - Nevada, Arizona, Kansas, Colorado
Colorado (4) - Nevada, Ohio, Colorado, Iowa
Alaska (3) - Alaska, Nevada, Virginia
Florida (3) - Nevada, Florida, Ohio
Iowa (3) - Arizona, Iowa, Kansas
Virginia (2) - Alaska, Virginia
Montana (2) - Nevada, Ohio
Georgia (2) - Nevada, Georgia
Arizona (1) - Nevada
Kansas (1) - Nevada
Nevada (1) - Nevada

7 to imprint.

ALASKA = SerialClergyman
ARIZONA = Starbuck
COLORADO = Messiah
FLORIDA = Limerickx
GEORGIA = Plum
HAWAII = TheButtonmen
IOWA = xRECKONERx
KANSAS = farside22
MONTANA = Pug89
NEVADA = DeathNote
OHIO = Vala Mal Doran
VIRGINIA = elvis_knits

-=Limerickx has been prodded=-
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

@EK: I did it in games I modded where I neglect to mention that mafia have a kill. Example is here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... start=2225

Only one player was told they were immune to NK if they didnt' proform the kill but sometimes I just assume mafia knows they have a kill unless stated otherwise.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Pug89 »

SC wrote:You wouldn't agree to imprint me knowing I'd only have the chance to use it once if dn is town, even if I was scum?
Absolutely not. Even before you proposed your plan I didn't trust you but with this my read of you is getting scummier and scummier. And even one night of scum having abilities could be detrimental to town, especially if you thought you were likely to be lynched the next day anyway.
TheButtonmen wrote:Your trying to order lynch's in advance, your creating dichotomies and your still trying to get us to imprint elvis even though theres no reason to belive shes town.
QFT
SC wrote:If I put my own arse on the line and make this deal, I deserve some credit for being right about DN and I am cashing that credit in by asking for a second bite at an imprint, an imprint for the person I think is most likely town and a lynch for the person I think is scum with DN. You should want this stuff too if DN is indeed scum, because it'd be very unlikely I was scum, very unliekly elvis is scum and strongly likely SB is scum.
Even if DN and scum and you are town that doesn't make your read of elvis correct and your trust of elvis from the very first post of the game makes me think you are not being objective about her.
farside22 wrote:scum don't post or is this almost the evilant of lynching lurkers in this post that leaves a bad taste especially as not too long ago she was saying Plum was town.
My read of that post was that VMD was saying that there are enough people posting very little to make up an entire scum team not that she found every one of them scummy.
SC wrote:b) That one should not defend someone one thinks is town
No one has said that, the problem is when you defend someone as town with little solid reasoning
I think DN is scum myself but I'm not for your plan because I don't trust either you or elvis enough to imprint.

@SC: why aren't you for imprinting tonight?
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:Well, SC, both you and me have wanted DN dead since page 1, so it would be reasonable to atleast feel a little more townie about us if DN flips scum. The fact that nobody even wants to admit that we
probably
aren't scum with DN should be a sign.

It's unfortunate that some people who I think are probably town are as opposed to everything we say as the scum are.
Yes dear because there is no way scum would try and buss a scum partner to look town. :roll:
Would you like wine with your cheese?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Page one doesn't usually bring a lot of bussing.
Talk nerdy to me.

TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

xRECKONERx wrote:Hmm, on second thought...
Unimprint: VMD
What changed in your mind about VMD?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by Plum »

Sorry, late night and stuff. Real stuff is promised/prayed to happen tomorrow.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Gravest apologies for my inactivity these past couple of days; I forget if I mentioned this here or not already, but I had friends come in from out of town and that combined with the fact that I was having to share a mobile broadband USB card with my housemate for several days while we waited to get real internet hooked up has meant that I've been away from the computer too much to do any real posting. I'm making a post for my other game first mostly because I already have it half-done, but I wanted you guys to know ASAP that I am back.
And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:11 pm

@ farside:
SC a while ago wrote:My theory suggestion:

lynching is less dangerous to the town than imprinting. If we were to lynch without imprinting, the worst that happens is we're down to 7 townies and 4 scum and have a wagon's worth of information.
If we imprint without lynching, we get all sorts of random bits of information that will be genuinely hard to piece together, and worse case scenario is that we permanently give scum abilities.

Thus I'm in favour of a lynch and very few if any at all imprints.
If I was going to imprint someone, I'd like it to be someone who is affected by the result of the lynch. So if we imprint someone who are are pretty sure is scum or town depending on the DN flip, I'd be for that. But randomly imprinting 3 people who we jsut kinda reckon are town WILL lead to scum PRs that they will have for the rest of the game and as such is a bad idea, in my humble opinion.
I'm old now.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:14 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

How does lynching DN make us anymore sure who town is? Also imprinting people we think are town is the opposite of random.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:Page one doesn't usually bring a lot of bussing.
Says who? Seriously I so bussed my scum partner day 1 and on page 1 especially when Xtom was my scum partner in a game.
Please stop with WIFOM I can just show cause again how it could be contrarily.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:@ farside:
SC a while ago wrote:My theory suggestion:

lynching is less dangerous to the town than imprinting. If we were to lynch without imprinting, the worst that happens is we're down to 7 townies and 4 scum and have a wagon's worth of information.
If we imprint without lynching, we get all sorts of random bits of information that will be genuinely hard to piece together, and worse case scenario is that we permanently give scum abilities.

Thus I'm in favour of a lynch and very few if any at all imprints.
If I was going to imprint someone, I'd like it to be someone who is affected by the result of the lynch. So if we imprint someone who are are pretty sure is scum or town depending on the DN flip, I'd be for that. But randomly imprinting 3 people who we jsut kinda reckon are town WILL lead to scum PRs that they will have for the rest of the game and as such is a bad idea, in my humble opinion.
Yeah I'm leaning on lynch today and imprinting 2 players for information purposes right now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”