Legacy of the Ancients Mafia (That's All, Folks!)

Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by Sajin »

Snow_Bunny wrote:
Sajin wrote:Btw I just want to point out that snowbunny is very likely Slicey's mason outsider partner. The things she has said (I want to lynch shadow) match what Slicey said. And his role presumably would have a mason partner.

Just saying (and I still want to see that win condition)
Rolefishing. Nice. However, ani is scummier. But don't worry, I have my eyes on you.

Vote:ani

I still think the Ultimate claim is strange, and thus all his role pm could be fake. His claim contradictions doesn't help him either.
Its scum fishing. I am asking for a win condition.

Besides all but 2-3 people have claimed or softclaimed in the thread. Its essentially mass claim. Tell me why its scummy to ask for a claim against a likely 3rd party person?

Should I assume your non ancient then? Or are you claiming ancient? Inquiring minds want to know. I mostly want your claim so that we do not waste dramonics investigation on you if your going to be claiming outsider. Thanks.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by dramonic »

Vote: Ani

We may now proceed :)
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:12 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Melding Plague, n. - A general term for a set of nanite malfunctions wherein a set of nanites begins to splice DNA or other features of living organisms together, forcibly creating unwanted hybrid organisms. Melding Plagues are a serious concern to civilized races, both due to the ease with which such plagues spread and the difficulty of prevention (due to the sheer number of nanites involved in nanotechnology processes)."

- Encyclopedia Universalis entry

No prods needed.

EDIT: Whoops, knew I was forgetting something. You PASS the First Mod Deadline Review... barely. - Tar

The Sixteenth Vote Count (aka the "Oh Wait, It Is Seven To Lynch" Vote Count)

2) Sajin (0)
3) Trumpet of Doom (rep. Seraphim) (0)
4) zwetschenwasser (1) - animorpherv1
7) Vaya (0)
9) forbiddanlight (0)
11) dramonic (0)
15) Maemuki (0)
17) Starbuck (0)
23) Snow_Bunny (0)
24) animorpherv1 (4) - Trumpet of Doom, Vaya, Snow_Bunny, dramonic

Not Voting (6): Sajin, zwetschenwasser, forbiddanlight, Maemuki, Starbuck, Starbuck

Votes required to lynch:

FoS Count:

2) Sajin (1) - animorpherv1
3) Trumpet of Doom (rep. Seraphim) (0)
4) zwetschenwasser (1) - Trumpet of Doom
7) Vaya (0)
8) Xylthixlm (0)
9) forbiddanlight (0)
11) dramonic (0)
15) Maemuki (1) - Trumpet of Doom
17) Starbuck (1) - Trumpet of Doom
23) Snow_Bunny (1) - Trumpet of Doom
24) animorpherv1 (0)

Not FoS'ing (9): Sajin, zwetschenwasser, Vaya, forbiddanlight, dramonic, Maemuki, Starbuck, Snow_Bunny

Current Deadline:
December 28, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. GMT -6
Second Mod Deadline Review:
December 13, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. GMT -6
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:45 am

Post by Vaya »

@Sajin
I've thought about it a bit, and I've decided I'll tell you guys all about the Outsiders later today when I have more time. Let me just say now that Bunny is an Outsider(not Slicey's mason partner though), though she won't admit to it if you ask her directly(or she shouldn't), but she along with any other Outsiders, are innocent.

Also, let me make it clear right now that I am not an Outsider.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:07 am

Post by Maemuki »

Ok, I missed a lot. Sorry for that! This is a small post, so sorry. Again.

Anyway. Vaya, I hope you explain that post later okay? But...why won't she admit she's an outsider if outsiders are Ancient-aligned?

@ Trumpet, I'll answer that later. I have some thinking to do.

@ zwet, dude, what the hell? Even
I
have posted more than you. Which is kinda hard-ish to do.

So. Why aren't you going to claim?

Why is fl/UK scum? I mean, if you want people to believe you, say your reasons. Why are you not voting for her if you believe she's scum?

FoS: Zwet

@ ani, wait a damn minute. Second Ultimate? Explain.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:35 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Maemuki wrote:Ok, I missed a lot. Sorry for that! This is a small post, so sorry. Again.

Anyway. Vaya, I hope you explain that post later okay? But...why won't she admit she's an outsider if outsiders are Ancient-aligned?

@ Trumpet, I'll answer that later. I have some thinking to do.

@ zwet, dude, what the hell? Even
I
have posted more than you. Which is kinda hard-ish to do.

So. Why aren't you going to claim?

Why is fl/UK scum? I mean, if you want people to believe you, say your reasons. Why are you not voting for her if you believe she's scum?

FoS: Zwet

@ ani, wait a damn minute. Second Ultimate? Explain.

:roll: Once again, if I get lynched while in the graveyard, I get reomved from the game. You could try to look at posts, imo.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:35 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

unvote, vote animorpherv1
to help it along...
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Maemuki »

That's not an ultimate, that's a renumeration.

And posting said renumeration was the stupidest thing you did.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:40 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Maemuki wrote:That's not an ultimate, that's a renumeration.

And posting said renumeration was the stupidest thing you did.
It was under the Ultimates. Thereby, I consider it an Ultimate.

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:42 am

Post by Maemuki »

You didn't read your own role PM now did you. It's on pretty bolded text before said renumeration. If you had a killing ability, and said ability was called "Something Something", would you say "Something Something" or Active Ability?

Use your head.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:44 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I did read my PM. I'm just considering it in a different way then you are. Get used to it.

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Maemuki »

Meh, getting used to it is not the same as liking it, now is it?

And I still fail to see why you want to lynch yourself. Wouldn't you be more useful if you, uh, I don't know, tried to live longer to help the town? (by trying to live longer I mean defend yourself) The Ultimate would be a nice bonus then.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:08 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Maemuki wrote:Meh, getting used to it is not the same as liking it, now is it?

And I still fail to see why you want to lynch yourself. Wouldn't you be more useful if you, uh, I don't know, tried to live longer to help the town? (by trying to live longer I mean defend yourself) The Ultimate would be a nice bonus then.
Well, I've already got my grave dug. And like I've said before (maybe not in this thread) as long as I get to PLAY, I'm fine with getting lynched/killed, as it helps the town. And I don't think I'm able to cover up the dinosaur size tracks I've left.

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Nah, I wasn't serious about Sajin. I even asked if you guys wanted me to claim. So, no problem.

I'm not ancient, but I'm pro-town (I won't say what I am).

@ani: voting for yourself: bad. I'd hammer if I could, but sadly I already voted for you. If you are truly ancient, don't you think it helps the town more to stay alive and try to go for shadows? Not good. Not good.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:37 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Snow_Bunny wrote:Nah, I wasn't serious about Sajin. I even asked if you guys wanted me to claim. So, no problem.

I'm not ancient, but I'm pro-town (I won't say what I am).

@ani: voting for yourself: bad. I'd hammer if I could, but sadly I already voted for you. If you are truly ancient, don't you think it helps the town more to stay alive and try to go for shadows? Not good. Not good.
I'll still be living anyways, and I'll get a little bit of shock from faces when you see I'm town.

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by dramonic »

This day has dragged long enough, someone end it please.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by Vaya »

Alright, here's everything to know about The Outsiders. This is going to be a pretty big post because I have a lot to explain about the mystery behind the Outsiders, so bare with me. tl;dr version in my next post for those of you who understandably don't care to read all of this, so you can skip over all these long details and explanations in this post if you wish.

I'm not positive this is the right thing for me to do, but its obvious that Bunny's an Outsider right now, and I don't want people thinking she's scum. I don't know how many more Outsiders the faction can afford to lose.

I am Slicey's mason partner, however, I am not claiming to be an Outsider like he was.

First off, they are not exactly Ancient-aligned, perhaps the way Slicey said they were pro-town is a slightly misleading way of putting it. The Outsiders are their own faction, with their own win condition. However, in working towards that win con, they are not working against the Ancients in any way, but in fact, are aiming to assist them against the Shadows in the War of Light and Shadows.

Flavor says that the Outsider's government has not officially taken a stance in the war, however, the Outsiders here wish to help the Ancients, thought they do happen to care about their own safety as well.

Let me start off with the Outsider's win condition. This is what (Tar says it should) look like.
Win Condition (Outsider) wrote:
Win Condition (Outsider):
You win if the Outsider faction has thirteen points or more at the end of the game. Your faction may or may not count as a faction when calculating the standard factional win condition.
(Your faction does not have the standard factional win condition.)
To cover the issue of how the Ancients are supposed to eliminate all other factions, pay attention to the second sentence of the win con. That may sound like you guys might still need to eliminate the Outsiders, however, there happened to be an error in Slicey's role pm that proved to be quite telling.
Slicey's Role PM wrote:
Win Condition (Outsider):
You win if the Outsider faction has thirteen points or more at the end of the game.
Your faction does NOT count as a faction when calculating the standard factional win condition.
Your faction may or may not count as a faction when calculating the standard factional win condition.
(Your faction does not have the standard factional win condition.)
When Sajin started asking about the win con, I took another look at it and noticed something odd about it. Look at the second and third sentence to see what I mean, it repeats and contradicts itself. I confronted Tar about this and he pretty much explained the truth to me.

I was told that the role PM should look like the first one I posted, and that is the real won condition which was(probably) given to all the other Outsiders. In addition, he explained to me that the Outsiders do NOT count as a faction when calculating the standard factional win con, but he decided later on not to tell The Outsiders that. He said something about his reviewers being worried that The Outsiders could just claim their win condition to clear themselves as not scum(though honestly, I don't quite understand this, due to the Mandate I'm about to cover soon).

However, Tar forgot to delete the line where he said they do not in Slicey's PM, so now I know for a fact that The Outsiders DO NOT count as a faction for calculating the standard win, so the Ancients do not need to kill them off to meet their win condition.

Anyway, now about those points The Outsiders need to accumulate to win. They have three methods of accumulating them.

1.)
Self-Preservation Mandate wrote:
Self-Preservation Mandate
- At the end of the game, if you survived to the end of the game and you did not claim that you were a member of the Outsider faction during the game, the Outsider faction will gain a point.
(Being outed as an Outsider by another player or by death reveal will not break this condition so long as you do not personally confirm via post that you are an Outsider.)
This is why bunny, and no other Outsider will ever admit to being an Outsider. As it says though, its alright for others to say it for them, as long as they don't outright admit that person is right. This is why Slicey wouldn't say he was an Outsider when asked Day 0, and why bunny won't admit to it now.

2.) Survival

From what I know, each Outsider gains a point if they are alive by the end of the game. This was the reason for Rec's survivor-like behavior Day 0(actually, I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that he never drew the conclusion that Outsiders are not bad). However, Slicey's was a bit different than what the other Outsiders' probably are.
Lover's Unity wrote:
Lover's Unity
- At the end of the game, if both you and your Mason partner survived to the end of the game, the Outsider faction will gain a point.
It would be impossible for any Outsider Masons to gain a point this way right now, so their survival isn't as important as that of bunny's or other potential Outsiders. If any town protective roles want to be nice and help out your Outsider allies, you should focus on protecting bunny please. I'm not sure the Outsider faction can afford to lose another that can gain a point through survival.

3.)
Outsider's Disdain wrote:
Outsider's Disdain
- Whenever you are on the lynch wagon of a player of the Shadow Faction, the Outsider faction will gain a point.
This is the Outsider's main method of gaining points, and why people like Slicey and Bunny will want to be on every lynch wagon. Pretty self-explanatory, really.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by Vaya »

tl;dr version:

I am Slicey's mason partner, though I am not confessing to being an Outsider like he was.

The Outsiders are here to assist the Ancients in the war against The Shadows.

The Outsiders DO NOT have the standard factional win con, NOR do they count as a faction when calculating the standard win condition(I know this to be true due to mod error). This means that the Ancients do not need to eliminate them in order to meet their win condition, and the Outsiders meeting their win con doesn't interfere with the Ancients at all.

The Outsiders win by surviving to endgame, not admitting they are Outsiders, and lynching Shadows.

Alright, is there anyone here who doesn't believe what I'm saying, and still thinks the Outsiders are scum, or cannot be trusted(Sajin? Starbuck?)? If so, explain why, because I haven't seen a single reason to distrust the Outsiders.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Was Reck in your mason group?

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by dramonic »

thats an interesting tidbit :3
I'm a hoot
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Vaya »

animorpherv1 wrote:Was Reck in your mason group?
Its just the two of us, me and Slicey.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Vaya wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:Was Reck in your mason group?
Its just the two of us, me and Slicey.
Then how do you know Bunny is an Outsider?????

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

EBWOP:

To word it better, is there any way then in THIS thread you
learned
that Bunny is an outsider?

Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Vaya »

I can easily tell by her behavior. She really wants to lynch Shadows, and she won't admit what faction she is from.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Oh, I underdstand. Thank you.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”