Newbie #851 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:57 am

Post by Einlanzers »

@PCE, not sure what you mean by "play up pure towniness". Do you mean it looks like he's trying to hard to keep a townie image (major scumminess there) or what? In any case though I still find him scummy, but I think he may have slipped below S4L (but not by much).

Yes it would be nice to hear from S4L. There's a lot of discussion going on about/to him...
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Spinach »

Pierre:
Don't you think it's a wrong to try and stir discussion, and then complain about how there is too much?
How did you think posting bad reasoning on purpose is better than posting good reasoning? How did you think this would stir discussion more?
PorkchopExpress wrote:
Spinach wrote: I then reversed back to split because at that point I thought one of them had to be scum, and
I thought that scum would know if cop existed or not, so I was thinking that one of them would claim cop, and I could deduce from that who was scum
, but they both were Vanilla so that didn't happen.
While you're right that scum will know the set up and would know if Cop was a safe claim, it's not the best way to find scum (I've learnt from personal experience). You should definitely be wary of a PR claim after another PR has been eliminated, but the set up with both happen.
Yes, I realized I was wrong with this looking back. I should have relied less on this and more on the other actions.
You just lost the game.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:30 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #18=-

Not Voting (5) - Einlanzers, Pierre Sickle, PorkchopExpress, Spinach, Kyiv

3 to lynch.

-=Kyiv replaces swimmer4lyfe=-
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:10 pm

Post by Kyiv »

Popping my head in to say hello. I'm replacing swimmer4lyfe. Just give me a bit of time to read through the thread (there's a lot of walls to read -.-).
TTFN
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Alright, so it may have been.

But there was a theory I had in that from a thing I learned in another game.

With me, making a quite pointless case against you, I was hoping that some sort of sheep or another would follow blindly.

Thus, I would've been on their case firmly.

Mafiosso or not, they were still being bad players.

Now, I know the risk in all that, so I might just put this up now.

Bad idea doing this in a game with such low activity.

But hey, the arguments looked real didn't they? In the other game, the dude just kept on saying that it was a hunch.
There's a destination a little up the road
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Einlanzers »

Welcome Kyiv. Please post your thoughts ASAP as I think most people are waiting on your thoughts before continuing.
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

At this point, I'm not really sure what Pierre is talking about.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by Spinach »

PorkchopExpress wrote:At this point, I'm not really sure what Pierre is talking about.
He was responding to post 426 of mine.
You just lost the game.
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:18 am

So, Pierre, let me get this straight... you made a case that you didn't believe in during LyLo as part of a gambit to stir up discussion and we're tot take that as town because... they looked real? Despite not being in earnest at all? Also, this was done to entrap players following your lead as you articulated a case that "Seemed real" and would vote on this as bad play, regardless of if it truly indicated mafia alignment or not. Did I miss anything?
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Kyiv »

Sorry this is taking me so long to build a case, but I can still answer any question thrown at me, and any leftover questions you had for S4L, for instance, this one:

As a replacement, I can't really answer to why S4L flip-flopped on his read of Pierre, and I can only imagine the reason. The one that makes the most sense to me is because of last night's flips. He had suspected 3 players of scum, and two of those players died yesterday, both flipping town. It's entirely possible that the flips caused him to waver in his ability to scumhunt, especially when they were one right after another. The town being in Lylo and not hitting a single scum so far could not have helped, either.

In any case, I promise to come back to you with a case, and my thoughts on the game's progress so far.
TTFN
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by Kyiv »

Err... English fail. Instead of "waver in his ability to scumhunt", it should read "waver in his confidence of his ability to scumhunt".
TTFN
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by Einlanzers »

Kyiv wrote:Sorry this is taking me so long to build a case, but I can still answer any question thrown at me, and any leftover questions you had for S4L, for instance, this one:

As a replacement, I can't really answer to why S4L flip-flopped on his read of Pierre, and I can only imagine the reason. The one that makes the most sense to me is because of last night's flips. He had suspected 3 players of scum, and two of those players died yesterday, both flipping town. It's entirely possible that the flips caused him to waver in his ability to scumhunt, especially when they were one right after another. The town being in Lylo and not hitting a single scum so far could not have helped, either.

In any case, I promise to come back to you with a case, and my thoughts on the game's progress so far.
That would make some sense, but still if you feel strongly about a certain player then all your views change you should still have the evidence to back up your original suspicions..you shouldn't completely disregard them, so I'm not 100% believing that claim, but you aren't S4L and I can't really hold that against you (I can keep it in mind though).

In any case: Please post your thoughts of each player after a full read, so that we can finally get everyone's opinions straightened out.
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:10 am

Post by Kyiv »

Pierre Sickle wrote:Anyway, seeing as there isn't much for me to chain down on, I'm going to go on basics. I'm still on Spinach's tail for the reasons before...
Whoa, I must have missed something... what were your reasons before, exactly?
...and now, for just hammering Alv. It's basically nothing, but it could get the game moving on. I've claimed, and with that claim, I can stand behind it. For Spinach, I think that he's scum mainly because of just jumping the bandwagon.
Didn't you do exactly the same thing with S2R? You aren't looking much better, figuring that you completely disappeared with a no vote D2.
But yes, the town did actually need to get someone out of the way. But it would've made more sense if he got me. One being, that the majority of the town really doesn't like my vibe, even after sending in a claim, though I must admit did seem shaky after re-reading, and, I even had a case on him.
I'm confused here. Are you saying that you don't believe Spinach is scum because it would make more sense for him to be on your case? If so, why? If not, clarify. C'mon now, testify! (sorry... I was on a roll..)
Pierre Sickle wrote:Alright, PCE, you really gotta slow down man. This scumhunting is a good idea, getting mafia to crack under all the questions.

But sometimes, it's all too much, I'll be spending the next half-hour or so gathering quotes on S4L, and to get things cleared up out of the clear. I have to say now that calling Spinach's hammer was only to spark some sort of discussion, not so much of an accusation. In my opinion, I'll have to check up some more onto who Spinach's buddy is.
Please clarify this post. It makes no sense to me, and looks very odd. What I've been able to gather, is that you're telling PCE to stop scumhunting because it's too much. Thinking on it now, it looks like you're berating Porkchop for going at Spinach too strong... like you're worried that Spinach will be quicklynched. However, so far all I've been able to gather is that you possibly have a case on Spinach (still can't find it) so why the worry? And then the last sentence, you seem to implicate that Spinach is obvscum... Pierre, I must ask: What is your stance on Spinach?

Porkchop: Is this your entire case on Spinach?

Post 341

Post 348
TTFN
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:49 pm

And this post.

Spinach's defence is pretty ridiculous. Not quite as ridiculous as Pierre's being though. Kyiv are you sensing a PS/Spinach pairing?
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:10 am

Post by Einlanzers »

Kyiv wrote:
Pierre Sickle wrote:But yes, the town did actually need to get someone out of the way. But it would've made more sense if he got me. One being, that the majority of the town really doesn't like my vibe, even after sending in a claim, though I must admit did seem shaky after re-reading, and, I even had a case on him.
I'm confused here. Are you saying that you don't believe Spinach is scum because it would make more sense for him to be on your case? If so, why? If not, clarify. C'mon now, testify! (sorry... I was on a roll..)
I think this quote is a major diversion tactic of some-sort. He talks about how we should have lynched him. Then he goes on to say that he had a valid case on him (not sure if he means Alv here or not)
Kyiv wrote:
Pierre Sickle wrote:Alright, PCE, you really gotta slow down man. This scumhunting is a good idea, getting mafia to crack under all the questions.

But sometimes, it's all too much, I'll be spending the next half-hour or so gathering quotes on S4L, and to get things cleared up out of the clear. I have to say now that calling Spinach's hammer was only to spark some sort of discussion, not so much of an accusation. In my opinion, I'll have to check up some more onto who Spinach's buddy is.
Please clarify this post. It makes no sense to me, and looks very odd. What I've been able to gather, is that you're telling PCE to stop scumhunting because it's too much. Thinking on it now, it looks like you're berating Porkchop for going at Spinach too strong... like you're worried that Spinach will be quicklynched. However, so far all I've been able to gather is that you possibly have a case on Spinach (still can't find it) so why the worry? And then the last sentence, you seem to implicate that Spinach is obvscum... Pierre, I must ask: What is your stance on Spinach?
This quote seems like a major scum-tell to me. He's telling someone else to STOP scum-hunting. You should NEVER stop scum-hunting. Even if you have 1 person you are positive is scum..there's still 1 more out there, so you should always be on the prowl for a pair you deem scum-worthy. And he's also saying that he only made a case against someone to "spark discussion"? I guess that's valid if you're still pressuring the person with questions or find the person to be town and pressure someone else, but he's done neither... he seems to think Spinach is scum, but doesn't seem to give very many reasons...nor does he actively ask direct questions to Spinach.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Pierre Sickle and Spinach have been prodded=-
Pierre Sickle
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Pierre Sickle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Pierre Sickle »

Activity confirmation. I'll get to reading the thread more after school.
There's a destination a little up the road
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Spinach »

Pierre, why create a fake case on me when you could create a real one? Why call for less discussion after you tried to spark it with a 'fake' case, and admitted this game had low activity in 429?

Kyiv: So I'm assuming you think me and Pierre are scum?
You just lost the game.
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:32 pm

So, Kyiv, how is that Spinach read coming along?
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:36 pm

Hey Pierre, who's scum again? I don't think you are solidly on the record for anyone being scum...
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by Kyiv »

PorkchopExpress wrote:So, Kyiv, how is that Spinach read coming along?
Sorry, I want Pierre to answer my questions first, which unfortunately might take a while...
TTFN
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:24 pm

Guys, Deadline is on the 12th. We don't really have the luxury to wait and see what happens here. No Lynch or running the deadline is not an option since Night= Town is boned. Anyone dragging their feet at this stage is palpably scummy.

So, Kyiv, more opinions now and less questions.

Pierre, those that you actually think are scum.

I'm going to start voting soon.
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Einlanzers »

I think everyone (with the exception of Pierre) finds Pierre scummy. And he doesn't seem to be responding readily to questions directed to him (read: lurking). So why don't we start the voting...actually why don't we take a vote to whether we should vote or not (and make it Democratic).

Vote: Start-Voting
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by Spinach »

Vote: Start Voting.

I don't see anything we need to wait for, and I'm pretty sure that if Pierre posts it will be:
A) Dodging.
B) Bad reasoning that isn't worth anything.
You just lost the game.
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:26 pm

I don't think it would come as any surprise where I weigh in on the Voting.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”