Newbie 848 - The Bunny Mafia Family - over finally!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Jase »

Haylen wrote::lol: VRK is so scum that it hurts to read his posts. And Jase's pushing for my lynch and completely disregarding what I say about VRK just makes it more likely that he is scum with him. Failing that, it's Neto.

Any fool could see that he's scum. Seriously, I usually find it difficult to scumhunt, he's the most transparent scum I've ever seen. :lol:
Ok, so, lemme get this straight. I'm scummy because I think you're scummy, and I'm not defending VRK? Is that right?
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:12 am

Post by Haylen »

Nope you're scummy for the reasons ive already given. And you've barely mentioned VRK at all. Hence why you are most likely his scumbuddy.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Unvote, vote: No Lynch

There's really no point in lynching today, and I'm interested in seeing the results of the night. Another confirmed townie and possible cop results can't hurt. We can resume this argument tomorrow, when, hopefully, we can see things a bit more clearly.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #7 of Day 3

No lynch (2) <-~ Haylen, Netopalis

Not voting (4) <-~ Bwian, Jase, Vel-Rahn Koon, Nachomamma8

With 6 alive, 4 votes will do it.

[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Jase wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Jase wrote:I'm going to ask you to answer my question first, Nacho.
Why? I'm accusing you of parroting what other people say, and I asked you to provide a suspect list first. Now stop stalling and post an analysis already.
You don't really need me to tell you why I want you to answer first do you?

Fine, I want you to answer first because you're lack of suspicion about haylen seems illogical, and if you don't have a good reason you'll earn yourself a high place on that list.
Jase. You're stalling. You haven't scumhunted since day 1, you haven't posted ANYTHING of substance almost this entire day, and the only reason you're stalling is because you don't have suspects other than Haylen because you've been tunneling her since VRK came into the game. But, I'll post this Haylen read when you promise me that your next post is an actual scumlist. If you post anything else, I'm voting you, MyLo or no MyLo.

First off, Haylen's unvote was scummy to everyone except for me. Since I am the only person in this game who is 100% positive I am town, I find that her choice to unvote instead of lynch was a protown one. Why? Because a mislynch is ALYWAYS better than a no-lynch. In other words, the only way that the unvote was anti-town was if Haylen was scum with me. So Jase, when you make your OMGUS case against me, I suggest you look for connections between us and make a decent case against us being scum together ;)

Second reason is based on Haylen's meta, both town meta and scum meta. Scum meta is actually pretty damn good; she's active and active and active (doesn't post cases though), lots of bussing or buddying. Haylen's town meta is a bit less active, and tends to joke around on the RVS, and jokes around during the game, with good cases few and far between.

Thirdly, she's drawn a few people to her like moths to the light, and they've really shown their scummy sides. I now have some damn strong town reads and some better scum reads on you know. At first they came from noticing one or two posts, and with an iso and quick reread it just clicks.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:23 am

Post by Haylen »

Nacho wrote: Scum meta is actually pretty damn good; she's active and active and active (doesn't post cases though)
Uh oh, you're the first one to voice an opinion on that (the doesnt post cases bit)...now everyone will know and I'll need to up my scum play :(
Nacho wrote: Haylen's town meta is a bit less active, and tends to joke around on the RVS, and jokes around during the game, with good cases few and far between
Up til recently, I've REALLY hated my town play. It's getting better though, still needs a lot of improvement. Not the meta, i didn't really know what my meta was until Nacho mentioned it, my scumhunting ability. It sucks big time. I can't scumhunt Day One at all.
Nacho wrote: Thirdly, she's drawn a few people to her like moths to the light, and they've really shown their scummy sides.
wahooooo! I'm being described as the light rather than as a - yeah... It's true though, the thing i've noticed is that people like to try and get me lynched and these people are usually scum, the rest are just followers. I just have to find the two biggest moths and i'm onto something. I don't call it OMGUS, since I'm usually right about it. It's not that they're attacking me, it's what they say to attack me, that's how I differentiate.

Sorry guys, my cactus is dying. I am really upset about this :cry:

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:05 am

Post by Jase »

Ok, that was pretty much what I expected. A mislynch is not always better than a no lynch. It allows scum to keep around a scummy player, who will probably be lynched the next day, and get rid of a pro town player, and it leaves the town without as much information. If I thought I could get a no lynch as scum without being obvious about it I would take it over the mislynch. I just wouldn't be so brazen about it. Your meta argument doesn't mean much to me, because she was the one who pointed it out in the first place, and because as has already been said, she's aware of her meta, and that means she can play to her town meta as scum. There isn't a whole lot of support for your third point, because you seem to be the only one who thinks so.

Anyways, my scum list is:

Haylen, no surprise here, the case against her is plenty conclusive.

Nacho, as the ONLY ONE who doesn't think haylen is scummy...really at all apparently, I'm assuming that you're guilty simply by association.

Neto, he's still been pretty quiet. He really hasn't done much despite his promise to improve his play today.

Bwain, and VRK aren't drawing any significant suspicion from me at the moment.

Also, I was not stalling I needed to make sure you didn't have a good reason for your town read on haylen before I went ahead and said you where scummy for it.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Haylen »

I DONT KNOW MY TOWN META! read the post above yours.

Pretty conclusive? Me thinks not. It's a rediculous case. And it's pretty obv that VRK should be lynched before me because he's as scummy as hell.

Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:11 am

Post by Jase »

Haylen wrote:Nope you're scummy for the reasons ive already given. And you've barely mentioned VRK at all. Hence why you are most likely his scumbuddy.
That isn't what you said in your post. You said essentially that I'm scummy for my suspicion of you, and for not jumping in with my opinion when you bash VRK.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:12 am

Post by Jase »

Netopalis wrote:
Unvote, vote: No Lynch

There's really no point in lynching today, and I'm interested in seeing the results of the night. Another confirmed townie and possible cop results can't hurt. We can resume this argument tomorrow, when, hopefully, we can see things a bit more clearly.
Do you think we should just no lynch now?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Haylen »

When I bash him? Im just saying what's been going on all game.

What has he done that makes you think he is town?
What about scummy things?
In fact, what's your opinion on him in general?

And you're meant to give your opinion when someone makes a case against someone. That's what mafia's all about.

And yes, I do think you're scummy for jumping on me. Why? Because it's always the scum who jump on me hardest. Always. It never fails. I'll give you some games if you like? Or you could just find them yourself.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:16 am

Post by Haylen »

Also, bash suggests that you're defending him. Because it's that sort of emotive word. CHAINSAW DEFENSE. SCUMMY.

HUZZAH!!!

JASE AND VRK SCUM TEAM.

Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:21 am

Post by Jase »

Haylen wrote:I DONT KNOW MY TOWN META! read the post above yours.

Pretty conclusive? Me thinks not. It's a rediculous case. And it's pretty obv that VRK should be lynched before me because he's as scummy as hell.
Haylen wrote:Neto wrote:

Therefore, I fail to see why I should take experience into account in evaluating your play.

Because you should.

This is how I play as scum: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0

PS: Neto, you lost. ^.^
Contradiction.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Haylen »

THAT'S MY SCUM META.

I DONT HAVE A TOWN META. I'M JUST A CRAP TOWNIE.

Are you saying that's im actually playing as I did in Zachtown? :lol:

And please, explain, how that is a contradiction to your quote.

Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Jase »

Haylen wrote:When I bash him? Im just saying what's been going on all game.

What has he done that makes you think he is town?
What about scummy things?
In fact, what's your opinion on him in general?

And you're meant to give your opinion when someone makes a case against someone. That's what mafia's all about.

And yes, I do think you're scummy for jumping on me. Why? Because it's always the scum who jump on me hardest. Always. It never fails. I'll give you some games if you like? Or you could just find them yourself.
What has he done to make me think he's town? Nothing. You could ask me what you've done to make me think he's town. I would answer "Being scummy, and make desperate attacks against him." I can't see you flipping town, and so anyone who you attack looks a lot less suspicious.

What about scummy things? I'd bet the game on you being scum, and since your so obviously out for blood against him it would be illogical for me to suspect him.

My general opinion of him is that, if you're scum he must be town.

I'm not the only one who hasn't said much about your attacks on VRK, why have only brought this up against me?

That may be but that would be easy to manipulate as scum.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Haylen »

Jase wrote: What has he done to make me think he's town? Nothing. You could ask me what you've done to make me think he's town. I would answer "Being scummy, and make desperate attacks against him." I can't see you flipping town, and so anyone who you attack looks a lot less suspicious.
HAHAHA! DESPERATE ATTACKS! Lol. Go back and see the logic in those attacks. And of course i'm desparate. If a townie is lynched today or tomorrow then town lose. Comprende?

You didn't answer my question. I asked you what scummy things VRK has done this game. And the dude he replaced.

Who else hasn't said much about my attacks on him? And also, there's a difference, I'mm 99% sure that you and him are a scumteam.

Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Jase »

Haylen wrote:THAT'S MY SCUM META.

I DONT HAVE A TOWN META. I'M JUST A CRAP TOWNIE.

Are you saying that's im actually playing as I did in Zachtown? :lol:

And please, explain, how that is a contradiction to your quote.
It doesn't matter, even if you don't know your town meta, you know your scum meta and can try to play differently from that. It's a contradiction because it doesn't really matter what kind of meta it is, if you know any of your meta, we can't trust a meta defense from you. If you had said you didn't know your scum meta it would have been the same.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Jase »

Haylen wrote:
Jase wrote: What has he done to make me think he's town? Nothing. You could ask me what you've done to make me think he's town. I would answer "Being scummy, and make desperate attacks against him." I can't see you flipping town, and so anyone who you attack looks a lot less suspicious.
HAHAHA! DESPERATE ATTACKS! Lol. Go back and see the logic in those attacks. And of course i'm desparate. If a townie is lynched today or tomorrow then town lose. Comprende?

You didn't answer my question. I asked you what scummy things VRK has done this game. And the dude he replaced.

Who else hasn't said much about my attacks on him? And also, there's a difference, I'mm 99% sure that you and him are a scumteam.
Go back and see the logic? There really wasn't any and that's why it's scummy.

The only scummy things I can think of off the top of my head for those two is broncos claiming that I lied early on, and VRKs being all listmodd-y when he first showed up. I could go back and search for stuff, but that's your job since you're the one who suspects him.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:21 am

Post by Haylen »

I suspect both of you. There was a lot of logic in my posts. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise. Tell me what was illogical. The burden of proof is on yourself as the prosecution afterall.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Jase wrote:Ok, that was pretty much what I expected. A mislynch is not always better than a no lynch. It allows scum to keep around a scummy player, who will probably be lynched the next day, and get rid of a pro town player, and it leaves the town without as much information.
But a mislynch allows a townie dead, and leaves the players who led the wagon in the first place under heavy suspicion. Also, I was super scummy the first day. I was super scummy the first day. Was I lynched in the end? No.
If I thought I could get a no lynch as scum without being obvious about it I would take it over the mislynch. I just wouldn't be so brazen about it.
Do you think she thought she could get a no lynch without it being obvious? Because if you do, you are wrong.
Your meta argument doesn't mean much to me, because she was the one who pointed it out in the first place, and because as has already been said, she's aware of her meta, and that means she can play to her town meta as scum. There isn't a whole lot of support for your third point, because you seem to be the only one who thinks so.
Show me where she said she was aware of it.
Anyways, my scum list is:

Haylen, no surprise here, the case against her is plenty conclusive.
Yeah, VRK was pretty convincing. But you and Neto kinda tore it apart for me with how much you just smiled, nodded, and let him take the wheel.
Nacho, as the ONLY ONE who doesn't think haylen is scummy...really at all apparently, I'm assuming that you're guilty simply by association.
That's all you have on me and I'm your number 2? Let's not forget that I'm also the other person not just buying the case and nodding.
Neto, he's still been pretty quiet. He really hasn't done much despite his promise to improve his play today.
Yeah, he's also made a few anti-town comments that you haven't noticed at all.
Bwain, and VRK aren't drawing any significant suspicion from me at the moment.
Oooh, that's saying alot.
Also, I was not stalling I needed to make sure you didn't have a good reason for your town read on haylen before I went ahead and said you where scummy for it.
Obviously you were. How long did it take you to type up that scumlist, five minutes? Three minutes? Not worth the wait. That wasn't a real scumlist, even. Is this the best you can do, Jase?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Haylen »

You know, im still pretty sure that VRK's lurking.

And where's Bwian? and Neto?

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:50 am

Post by Netopalis »

Sorry...I've got finals coming up in a few days, so my MS activity has suffered. Jase's recent arguments are absolutely ridiculous and push him into the scum category for me...Particularly 664 in which he finds me town because he finds me scummy.

However...Haylen's recent attacks just confirm why I really don't like her play today. She just keeps screaming, "META! META!" and then throwing out wild accusations of scumteams. It's not helping the town out at all and seems extremely desperate.

Beyond that, though, no lynch is still the best play. Losing ANYBODY at this point gives us information. We can find whether that person's arugments were scum-driven or not, get rid of a player that is suspicious and hopefully give everybody a chance to cool down over the night phase.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:01 am

Post by Haylen »

Neto wrote: However...Haylen's recent attacks just confirm why I really don't like her play today.
At least they're logical.
Neto wrote: She just keeps screaming, "META! META!"
I shall add it to my list of things not to do as town :D Pretty sure i got whined at about that before...
Neto wrote: throwing out wild accusations of scumteams.
Go look at the logic behind them.
Neto wrote: It's not helping the town out at all
I beg to differ. When VRK is lynched and flips scum, you'll see that Jase is the most likely scumbuddy for him. Although your posts are REALLY giving me a dark feel.

Pfft to the desperate comment. This is the first time in a mafia game that I've been so confident about someone being scum. And he will be lynched!
Neto wrote: We can find whether that person's arugments were scum-driven or not, get rid of a player that is suspicious
No.
Tomorrow, we get rid of the person we are sure is scum. Because it might be our last chance. We haven't hit scum yet. Tomorrow is lylo, we mislynch, we lose straight away.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Netopalis »

I meant that we can find two things from a no-lynch:

1) Whether a person's arguments were scum-driven OR

2) We eliminate a suspicious player through the scum kill.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:11 am

Post by Haylen »

How will we know 1)? Scum are hardly gonna kill one of themselves...although that would be good guys!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”