Newbie 848 - The Bunny Mafia Family - over finally!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:54 am

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #2 of Day 3

Netopalis (1) <-~ Nachomamma8

Not voting (5) <-~ Bwian, Netopalis, Haylen, Jase, Vel-Rahn Koon

With 6 alive, 4 votes will do it.

[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Bwian »

Nachomamma8 wrote:@VRK: If you are a townie, are you willing to risk the entire game on the fact that Haylen is scum? Because after your statement in 514, I'm willing to bet my head on the fact that one of you is scum. So would you agree to being lynched after a Haylen town flip?
Was that somehow ment as a trick question or did you forget we lose if we mislynch today?
If I'm not back in five just wait longer.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Well, if today's MyLo..
Unvote

I'm also recommending a no lynch after some discussion because there isn't really a super protown player right now. Also, Jase... Stop lurking. Please.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Jase »

I disagree with a no lynch today. We may not have any super pro town players but I doubt it would really narrow our lynch pool. I mean, the person who would be night killed if we no lynched today probably wouldn't be in any danger of being lynched anyways.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by Jase »

Also, Haylen, what happened to that content you promised earlier?
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Well, if today's MyLo..
Unvote

I'm also recommending a no lynch after some discussion because there isn't really a super protown player right now. Also, Jase... Stop lurking. Please.

I have no idea whether we should no lynch or not. I've never been in a no lynch situation before (that I remember), so I don't know if it would be a good idea.

Also, nacho can you explain the term MyLo? I've not heard it before and I can't find it in the Wiki. How is it different from LyLo?
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Netopalis »

MyLo is Mislynch-Lose. It means that you can No-lynch and survive to the next day, but if you lynch a townie, the game's over.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:31 am

Post by Netopalis »

My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:39 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Thanks Neto.

Nacho, since you suggested it, what information do you think will be gained from a No Lynch today? Do you think that it will significantly help the Town's chances tomorrow of catching scum if we narrow the field from 6 to 5?

Does anyone besides Jase and Nacho have an opinion on this?

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:46 am

Post by Netopalis »

I would support it. Honestly, there's not a single player left in this game that I can really rule out, and it would give a potential cop an opportunity to get in an extra investigation. Additionally, although it's generally frowned upon, I do think that hte identity of the deceased could be useful as well.

Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:10 am

Post by Jase »

Seriously Haylen, it's been almost 24 hours for a post you said you were writing "at the moment". Where is it?

Also neto, there probably isn't any cop, as he would have claimed today in all likelyhood.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:Thanks Neto.

Nacho, since you suggested it, what information do you think will be gained from a No Lynch today? Do you think that it will significantly help the Town's chances tomorrow of catching scum if we narrow the field from 6 to 5?

Right now, there is no extremely pro-town player. I can see every one of us being scum. Looking at it statistically-wise, if we no lynch today, we'll have a 50% chance of hitting scum on a random lynch. If that random lynch is successful, we have a 2 town versus 1 scum situation, which is the best chance we have right now. If we lynch and manage to hit scum, we'll still be in MyLo, and we'll have 3 townies versus one scum instead. I have full confidence that a no-lynch today will improve the town's chances dramatically, regardless of who the scum decides to kill.
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:42 am

Post by Bwian »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Looking at it statistically-wise, if we no lynch today, we'll have a 50% chance of hitting scum on a random lynch.
With 5 players left you have four other players you can vote of which two are scum. For a town player that gives you 2/4 = 50% chance if you select at random. That is as far as I can follow your reasoning.

Could you please explain how voting randomly could ever result in lynching a scum player?

As long as mafia doesn't vote on a mafia player all town players must agree upon who is scum in order for us to lynch scum. If two town players (one player tomorrow if we no-lynch today) votes for the wrong person mafia will win the game.
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:11 am

Post by Bwian »

Jase wrote:Also neto, there probably isn't any cop, as he would have claimed today in all likelyhood.
Only reason for a cop to claim is if (s)he have information to share.

Odds are pretty good we've got a cop and/or a doctor.

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=F11
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:21 am

Post by Bwian »

It caught my attention when an experienced player doesn't keep track of the current votes, and what effect his own vote might have. It seems so sloppy and detached. Would you please explain yourselfs?

VRK did it in post 426 and Nachomamma8 in post 527.
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:33 am

Post by Bwian »

VRK wrote:Wasn't one of the reasons for not lynching her and going after LurkerTown Sposh so that we could get more info out of Haylen today?
Haylen wrote:Screw that. I'm gonna explain why in the post im writing at the moment.
Jase wrote:Seriously Haylen, it's been almost 24 hours for a post you said you were writing "at the moment". Where is it?
Haylen, I think it would be a very good idea to share that content very soon.
If
you're town this path of yours risc leading us to a mislynch.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Bwian wrote:It caught my attention when an experienced player doesn't keep track of the current votes, and what effect his own vote might have. It seems so sloppy and detached. Would you please explain yourselfs?

What do you mean?
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Jase »

Bwian wrote:
Jase wrote:Also neto, there probably isn't any cop, as he would have claimed today in all likelyhood.

It's unlikely that the people who a cop investigates would all be nightkilled.
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:31 pm

Post by Bwian »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Bwian wrote:It caught my attention when an experienced player doesn't keep track of the current votes, and what effect his own vote might have. It seems so sloppy and detached. Would you please explain yourselfs?

What do you mean?
I'll quote the unvoting.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Well, if today's MyLo.. Unvote.
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:Sorry huge mistake, and thanks for post 423 Bwian. I should have looked at the vote count before I voted.
I thought you were experienced players but yet you've voted and few posts later unvoted motivating the behaviour with not knowing what your vote might contribute to. You're supposed to be into the game, making analysis of everything, but fail to keep track of Incognitos posts. Those are the only real hard facts we've got.
mod wrote:With 6 alive, 4 votes will do it.
Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by Bwian »

Jase wrote:
Bwian wrote:

It's unlikely that the people who a cop investigates would all be nightkilled.
There might be many reasons for a town aligned power role not to claim.

- Being a doctor
- A police might have been roleblocked and/or selected persons that ended up being nightkilled.
- A police that havn't been convinced there's anything to gain from claiming role at this point.
- A police that is waiting to see if anyone would lie and claim his role.

What do you hope to gain from discussing the possibility of town aligned power roles still alive?
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Jase »

Bwain: We don't really gain much from the speculation about power roles. Somebody used the possibility of an additional investigation as a reason for a no lynch today. That being said, I realized if we don't no lynch today we should do it tomorrow. May as well be today.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Incognito »

Haylen has been prodded.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:20 am

Post by Haylen »

Whoot! VRK is doing stuff again that an experienced player knows full well they shouldn't do.

Yeah, i've been lurking site wide. It's a defence mechanism. I do it when everyone's attacking me.

That post? It got lost, along with 3 other analysis posts and a 5000 word coursework essay that was due in the next day. The result? Everyone thinks im lurking and I've probably failed my course. Huzzah. How nice. Have a nice day.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:59 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:Thanks Neto.

Right now, there is no extremely pro-town player. I can see every one of us being scum.
Looking at it statistically-wise, if we no lynch today, we'll have a 50% chance of hitting scum on a random lynch. If that random lynch is successful, we have a 2 town versus 1 scum situation, which is the best chance we have right now. If we lynch and manage to hit scum, we'll still be in MyLo, and we'll have 3 townies versus one scum instead.
I have full confidence that a no-lynch today will improve the town's chances dramatically
, regardless of who the scum decides to kill.
How can you possibly reconcile the two bolded statements?

If you can't find a pro-town player today, how are you going to find one tomorrow? A No Lynch today means that we're down to LyLo tomorrow. If you can see any one of us being scum, how is getting rid of only one person going to dramatically improve our chances tomorrow?

Don't take this as me saying I don't think we should No Lynch. I'm not saying that at this point. What I am saying is that I think your logic is flawed and that you're not doing anything to convince me that a No Lynch is the way to go. If everyone is of the opinion that we should No Lynch, I'll go with it, but I'd feel better about it if we had solid reasons why it's going to help us. Right now, if we No Lynch we'll still be stuck with the same group of all scummy-looking players. I don't see how that's going to help us.

Bwian
Bwian
Goon
Bwian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Bwian »

Haylen, in one breath you say lurking is a defence mechanism of yours. In the next part you're saying it's due to lack of time. You're not consistent with what you're saying.

If it really was a defence mechanism it's counterproductive. You should know better.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”