Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

Energetic Penguin
Energetic Penguin
Townie
Energetic Penguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by Energetic Penguin »

Vote Count, Day 1
hiphop ( 0 )
Budja ( 1 ) - SpyreX
charter ( 0 )
crypto ( 4 ) - Hoopla - Energetic Penguin charter - CSL
CSL ( 5 ) - RedCoyote - sigma - Pads - idiotking
elvis_knits ( 2 ) - Vi roflcopter
Energetic Penguin ( 4 ) - hitogoroshi - popsofctown - hiphop - imaginality
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 0 )
imaginality ( 0 )
Infinis ( 1 ) - RayFrost
EtherealCookie ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 1 ) - Infinis
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Psychologic ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 1 ) - sotty7
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 1 ) - Budja
Vi ( 0 )
Unvote ( 4 ) - EtherealCookie - Psychologic - Maemuki - idiotking
Total Votes ( 24 )

With 24 alive, 13 needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 1st, 11am EST

SpyreX wrote:You know we could all just do the mod a fav and go ahead and lynch Budja.

Just saying.

I mean after all that hard work not keeping up, wagoning, defending said wagon under not one but multiple spurious (and mimicked) reasons.

We should just give that spot a rest. A permanent one.
On what page(s) was your case?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

SpyreX wrote:
Mae wrote:@ Everyone who is making excuses to cover crypto: why are you making excuses?
Hi, my name is unnecessarily loaded question, how are you doing today?

LOOK, can we all just come together, hold hands and lynch Budja. Its the right choice, and we all know it deep in our hearts.
Why does Spyro make me laugh so? Why?
SpyreX wrote:You know we could all just do the mod a fav and go ahead and lynch Budja.

Just saying.

I mean after all that hard work not keeping up, wagoning, defending said wagon under not one but multiple spurious (and mimicked) reasons.

We should just give that spot a rest. A permanent one.
lol!

Might want to consider doing that for CSL. Replacing out in his fashion is very much against the spirit of mafia, and so is lynching him, but, what can you do? If that's his pattern (there was too many posts to go through in that newbie Vi, did he replace out?) then that's probably how we have to vote.

I'm saying it mournfully because mafia isn't supposed to be about voting people for that reason, not because CSL wasn't formerly high on my list. He was right under EP (i had the mental list going and i kept on waiting for someone to ask about it but no one did :( )
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh CSL could use a rope/bullet as well. No questions there. As well as e_k.

That doesn't change the fact that Budja jumped on a spurious wagon under spurious reasons and then tried to turn on the cruise control for cool.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by crypto »

Pops, if someone does something scummy, you lynch them for it. It doesn't matter
what
it is. That's how it works.

This is a twenty-five-player game. We'll have more than enough chances for more orthodox lynches.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Vi »

popsofctown 751 wrote:Might want to consider doing that for CSL. Replacing out in his fashion is very much against the spirit of mafia, and so is lynching him, but, what can you do? If that's his pattern (there was too many posts to go through in that newbie Vi, did he replace out?) then that's probably how we have to vote.
He replaced in, got put (rightfully) under pressure, spazzed, threatened to replace out, didn't, got Copped that Night and then lynched. Most of those posts came between CSL getting Copped and getting lynched and serve no actual purpose tbh.
crypto 753 wrote:Pops, if someone does something scummy, you lynch them for it. It doesn't matter
what
Note: Being Awesome at Mafia includes knowing when to break this rule.
SpyreX 752 wrote:That doesn't change the fact that Budja jumped on a spurious wagon under spurious reasons and then tried to turn on the cruise control for cool.
*hits the Mute button on this subject*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Idiotking »

So... why exactly aren't we going to wait for a replacement and then judge the replacement by his or her own merit? Shouldn't we at least give the replacement a chance?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

crypto wrote:Pops, if someone does something scummy, you lynch them for it. It doesn't matter
what

This is a twenty-five-player game. We'll have more than enough chances for more orthodox lynches.
Oh, reading this reminded me that I didn't
unvote, vote: CSL
. Sorry about that.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by crypto »

Vi wrote:Note: Being Awesome at Mafia includes knowing when to break this rule.
Did you just claim scum or whatever? :P
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Vi »

Idiotking 755 wrote:So... why exactly aren't we going to wait for a replacement and then judge the replacement by his or her own merit? Shouldn't we at least give the replacement a chance?
Usually the answer is a resounding "not really".
Since it's CSL ordinarily I would be willing to make an exception here, but these last few posts from CSL have made me :? .

@crypto: No. I'm saying that calculated policy lynching > blind policy lynching.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Why you gotta mute me? I WILL NOT BE SILENCED. DOWN WITH THE PROLETARIAT.

That said I agree with 758.
Show

Proud member of BaM
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

@IK: because the act of replacing + other stuff he's done has put him past the threshhold for lynchery. It's exceedingly rare for someone to actually do something that makes their slot less scummy. The way mafia works, everyone starts at zero and starts dipping into negative numbers. Maybe if you play awesome, the whole game, craziness, you get up to 1 or 2. But mostly people just get more and more scummy, that's just how it works.

Another way to put it, here's an analogy. A five year old who isn't old enough to make eye contact and lie and a 10-year career con man break a vase together. You walk in and see the vase in pieces. You ask the five year old who broke the vase and he is decidedly unconvincing when he tells you "we didn't play catch with the vase because that would be wrong!" Should I ask the con man who broke the vase? Should I even adjust my opinion after listening to someone who is comparatively superior in deception?

In the same way, it's pointless to listen to the replacement. In all likelihood he'll be a better player who seems more pro-town, but CSL supplied information about his role more accurately, just like the five year old supplies information about the vase more accurately.

Actually, I could say it's like checking the time on a sundial after you've seen it on a Rolex.

Or like asking a family doc for a second opinion on what your cardiologist said about your heart.

Note to self: don't try to do analogies or expect to stop, ever.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Where is Psychologic? I can't wait for his first post!! I am eagerly awaiting his arrival.
"Well, I..."
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by crypto »

SpyreX wrote:Why you gotta mute me? I WILL NOT BE SILENCED. DOWN WITH THE PROLETARIAT.

That said I agree with 758.
Claim: mafia silencer. Night action target attained.

Oh, wait, this isn't EM.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by popsofctown »

EM?
"Well, I..."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

God I haven't played on there in forever. That would be, by far, the WORST role to exist on MS.

EM = epicmafia. Go there if you want your brain to melt. ;)

And I like pops's a bit dramatic personification of replacements. They are a bane.

Mod Note: Oh how I yearn for the day that I'm well enough respected to run a bastard mod setup and include silencers.!
Show

Proud member of BaM
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I heard there's a magical place on the internet where people play mafia games and there are no needs for replacement, ever. It's a magical land of mystery and wonder. You know where it is? Me neither. :(
"Well, I..."
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by crypto »

How many mafiosi are there typically in a 25-player game?

EM is fun with the right players (obviously). The rare game without trolls/lurkers/flakers/morons is amazing.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

How do you know this crypto? Did you spectate one?
"Well, I..."
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Vi »

crypto 766 wrote:How many mafiosi are there typically in a 25-player game?
Scum usually make up between 25% and 33% of your starting population, so seven or eight. Six would be pushing it.
It's pretty comfortable as far as having to choose which scummy person you want to lynch tbh - especially when there are two scumgroups so there's not as much resistance if a scumwagon starts building.

@pops: I've just finished modding two games that had a sum total of two replacements.

This topic is derailing quickly. If there's nothing important to say, there are a number of people who need the spotlight.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by crypto »

Okay, thanks, Vi. I thought so. Watch this.

RedCoyote

crypto

SpyreX
hiphop

popsofctown

elvis_knits
Sotty7

sigma
Vi

hitogoroshi

Idiotking
RayFrost

Hoopla

Psychologic

Budja
Maemuki
CSL
Energetic Penguin
roflcopter
Infinis
Pads

imaginality
EtherealCookie

charter

Reads get hard as hell now.

charter

imaginality
Infinis

roflcopter
Energetic Penguin
CSL
Maemuki
Budja
Idiotking
sigma

elvis_knits
SpyreX

imaginality
roflcopter
Energetic Penguin
CSL
Maemuki
Budja
Idiotking
elvis_knits

That's the best I can do and the forced reads probably make it >70% inaccurate. In fact, it's at the point where I know at least half those last scum reads are wrong and I don't even care. The hell with it.
popsofctown wrote:How do you know this crypto? Did you spectate one?
I've played on EM for a few weeks now.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by roflcopter »

feh

unvote, vote: csl
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Infinis
Infinis
Goon
Infinis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by Infinis »

IioA - duly noted. Ad hom - duly noted. Conciseness - duly noted.

Honestly I feel budja and CSL's pain. I go to work come home sit down to read and the thread has enlarged dramatically per 24hr period. It is daunting to keep up.

@mae My vote is a direct result of Crypto's case. I've tried telling you it's good analysis, I tried emphasizing the key points, and now let me try analogy. Let's use Evolution. Can I not say I believe in Evolution because of what Darwin wrote or do I have to go out and make my own case for evolution. At this point, as was the switch to you from sigma, there are better scum candidates to pursue.

Vi wagon hopping is a scum tell in my book.
Crypto going off like a man possessed seems like a genuine annoyed townie
roflcopter and Spyrex pushing wagons with nothing more than shouting scum into the wind is at best lazy town, at worst scum distracting town.
elvis_knits posts have struck me wrong, gut reading (sry shouldnt bring that up again)

Now the interesting part is the many wagons that have formed and disintegrated. Congrats to whomever started doing the wagon compilations, this thread is so epic in length I couldn't find it by skimming and a single two hour reading session a day is all I'm going to commit to a game I'm playing for fun.

For question fans, why hasn't confid wagon before his daykill been addressed? Sure cursory analysis has been done but I see nothing concrete. Could it be that confid's wagoners are afraid or perhaps they are the loudest and will shout down any and all accusations?

I'll reread tomorrow looking at EP EK.
Unvote

Vote: CSL
empathy not sympathy.

Lastly as an aside since my sarcasm detector seems to be broken, hoopla's avatar is scary?!? Really?! roflcopter a tween, I wouldn't be surprised though
Games Played: Mini 741, Newbie 764
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by popsofctown »

My subtlety goes to waste? Oh well.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

my post is directed at 769 btw
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Hoopla's avatar is very unpleasant to look at.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”