Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by CSL »

Vote Count, Day 1
hiphop ( 0 )
Budja ( 1 ) - SpyreX
charter ( 0 )
crypto ( 4 ) - Hoopla - Energetic Penguin charter - CSL
CSL ( 4 ) - RedCoyote - sigma - Pads - idiotking
elvis_knits ( 3 ) - Vi roflcopter - crypto
Energetic Penguin ( 4 ) - hitogoroshi - popsofctown - hiphop - imaginality
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 1 ) - idiotking
imaginality ( 0 )
Infinis ( 1 ) - RayFrost
EtherealCookie ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 1 ) - Infinis
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Psychologic ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 1 ) - sotty7
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 1 ) - Budja
Vi ( 0 )
Unvote ( 3 ) - EtherealCookie - Psychologic - Maemuki
Total Votes ( 24 )

With 24 alive, 13 needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 1st, 11am EST

Hoopla wrote:Whoever hasn't got a vote on anyone, needs to do so in their next post. There's no excuse for not having one down at the moment.
Then I'll just throw
Vote: crypto
in there then.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by sigma »

Sotty7 wrote: You have since implied that I value the RVS scum tell above bandwagoning, active lurking and non scum hunters something I never said.
You are making that leap because you look at my vote and see it only for the RVS stand point.
The way you called up these three other factors of scumminess
just sits wrong with me. It's almost as if you are saying
“Okay yeah, I might have done something a little scummy but it wasn't as scummy as
these
guys.”
The green is absolutely right. I had to make that leap, because you didn't say anything other than the RVS standpoint. So yes, I implied that either you valued that scum tell above the others I mentioned, or you weren't giving the entire case. Apparently it was the second one. That's the point I'm trying to make here, but you really never gave me anything to defend myself with.

Other than that, in brown, it seems we come back to 'you feel like scum.'

It feels like tunneling not because you're ignoring others (and you're not, you are scumhunting others, let me make that clear before you accuse me of misreping again) but because I don't feel like you're really looking at my argument in an unbiased way anymore.

I think we've exhausted this argument.

----

Wow @ CSL's new post. Lynch this guy please. He's not even defending himself this game. Wayyy scummier than crypto.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by Budja »

Sorry but this game is just too much for me.
@mod, please replace me.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by Vi »

Sotty7 wrote:
Vi Post 695 wrote:That's because none of the people who are being voted are people I particularly want to lynch.
Why, exactally, does my behavior make me
more likely to be scum
(not intentional) and
more likely to be annoying
(entirely intentional)?
Like I said earlier, it just seems out of character, but then I don't think I have ever played a large game with you.
I change my meta as often as I change my mood (and I'm kind of moody >.> ). After all, I don't like playing as anyone but myself, however arrogant and condescending I may be at any given time.
Sotty7 724 wrote:Lets say you are the only one who has a say in todays lynch. Who is your pick and why? Picks two and three would be nice too.
Lynch preference is currently somewhere around this order:
*elvis_knits (weak presence throughout, chasing easy targets, covering her poorly-advised jump on the crypto wagon with "I didn't read the N0 flavor", not getting an updated avatar of the puppy)
*Energetic Penguin (may be a n00b, but a n00b with awfully convenient timing!)
*Hoopla (not at all seeing the Hoopla-obv-Town, definitely seeing the Hoopla-obv-wagoning - plus that blatant misrepresentation of me apparently defending crypto was
really
telling)
*RedCoyote (I believe in my meta tell)
*Maemuki (her recent posts have been
everything
they've been picked apart for, previous Town read be darned)
*imaginality, Budja, Infinis, etc.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Idiotking »

elvis_knits wrote:
Your vote had to impress me because you said you don't vote willy-nilly and it's your first vote of the game.
I find that CSL is a good choice for a lynch, given the fact that if saved until late-game, such useless people give scum an easy route to pressure/lynch.
CSL doesn't really seem town to me, so in that sense I guess it's an okay vote. But there's like a hella other stuff going on more important than CSL, and you aren't very involved.
I don't like being involved in pointless bickering. It's not really going anywhere until there's solid fact to draw from. Such solid fact isn't available on D1 (well, except for a daykiller role in this instance). So I propose we lynch a useless person today rather than run the risk of getting screwed for letting them live later on.
Also you voted CSL and said "are you happy now, ray/hoopla?" like the vote was more to please them than because you actually thought he was scum.
Ok, I get it. I'll leave sarcasm out of every single post I ever make.

Are you happy now?

Combined with my earlier dislike of how you said we can't learn anything from the confidwagon/kill. And you've really flip flipped a lot on crypto.
I've been pretty consistent in my opinion that crypto's acting normally, as crypto goes. Where have I flip-flopped?

And when did I say "we can't learn anything from the confidwagon"? When did I use those words? Hmm?
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by CSL »

Well, how the hell am I supposed to defend myself? I've fucking had it. I'm out, yo.

Replacement Requested
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by Idiotking »

... Ok. So that's... uh...

Unvote

So I suppose I wait for the replacement to show up, then. My, but there are a lot of replacing out today, isn't there?
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by Idiotking »

hiphop wrote:With my understanding from your post, only you can be wordy.
Sarcasm.
Also forgive me for not saying you are town, because you did not ask for a replacement, for it is all a bunch of wifom.
That's a reasonable statement to make. You'd be stupid to think I was town for that reason.
However you are playing to your town meta from the last game, except you don't have any case this time. Do you believe that you will get a case before the lynch, or are you just hoping for one?
I don't know. From the way people are shifting around, we could be lynched in the next five minutes for all I know. I hate D1.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Idiotking »

"Lynching", not "Lynched".
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by crypto »

Unvote. Vote: CSL.

1. I remember reading somewhere that CSL hates being scum.
2. Too many replacements.
3. I hate adjusting my read on a particular player slot for the incoming replacement. It's infinitely worse when the original slot occupant is both scummy and VI.

CSL is getting hanged today.

Announcing scum read on Idiotking, in case it wasn't clear before. Not very interesting, though.

That is all.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by crypto »

Oh, and EC is town.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by crypto »

Also, EC—page 10, eh? You've just passed through the portal of no return.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Looking over the vote counts as I put them into my graph, I noticed something.

Mod: Is the vote count for Maemuki on the top of pages 23,24 correct? Or should those be '2's?

Also I obviously agree about what people are saying re:CSL but why aren't we saying these things about penguin? He is doing the same thing, and he's been doing it for longer.

Apologies for the rather sparse content here. Just a nice gristly lump of projects right now. Rest assured I'm not replacing out and I'm following along more or less with the game - I'm just not too up for digging right now. Hopefully this will resolve itself in a couple of days.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by zoraster »

Looking for a replacement for Budja. I'll let CSL calm down and reconsider, as that would be really lame and contrary to the spirit of mafia as a whole.

Votes will be updated later tonight.

hit wrote:Mod: Is the vote count for Maemuki on the top of pages 23,24 correct? Or should those be '2's?
The vote number was wrong. I fixed it, but that means I probably misplaced another vote. I'll make sure it's correct when I get back home tonight. Thanks for your keen eye!
Energetic Penguin
Energetic Penguin
Townie
Energetic Penguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Energetic Penguin »

hitogoroshi wrote:Looking over the vote counts as I put them into my graph, I noticed something.

Mod: Is the vote count for Maemuki on the top of pages 23,24 correct? Or should those be '2's?

Also I obviously agree about what people are saying re:CSL but why aren't we saying these things about penguin? He is doing the same thing, and he's been doing it for longer.

Apologies for the rather sparse content here. Just a nice gristly lump of projects right now. Rest assured I'm not replacing out and I'm following along more or less with the game - I'm just not too up for digging right now. Hopefully this will resolve itself in a couple of days.
What am I supposed to defend myself of? I've apologized for being inconsistent.

@Vi: I'm a Newb, not a N00b.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

You can't 'defend' anything, because
you haven't done a goddamn thing
. You jump in, vote with the prevailing bandwagon for a reason someone else said, and then leave. Consistency has nothing to do with it and I don't know why you think it does. The only inconsistent thing you could do right now is participate. I could quote every post you've made (including the posts you quoted in those posts) and it wouldn't be over the word count limit.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by CSL »

@ Mod: I'd rather be replaced now, then be in a state of what I call, "Newb825remakephobia", in which I'll be really detrimental to the town, and that would be called bad spirit.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

charter wrote:
popsofctown wrote:So anyway guys, sometimes i post before i finish reading a page. It's funner that way.

But reading the rest of the page, I saw Crypto quote himself and Charter's paraphrasing seems way too strong. As it actually was, Crypto never waffled and there's nothing wrong with crypto as far as the last two pages go at least.
I didn't paraphrase anything, I quoted his words. Crypto did backtrack.

His quote where he made everything large he said first, then later he said "Again, I would not be surprised if there is only one scum team" after he was called on his claimed fact.
Ugh. That creates so much back and forth that I have to actually go back to pages i've already read to see for sure...

Yeah, he does say it. Kind of backpedalish, and reminiscent of the bizarre "is IIoA a good tell" discussion. But reading it in context it's not as bad. as when you quoted it.

Hey, i'll post this now, bet by the time I've read up someone will have said something and i won't be a double poster.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Energetic Penguin
Energetic Penguin
Townie
Energetic Penguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Energetic Penguin »

hitogoroshi wrote:You can't 'defend' anything, because
you haven't done a goddamn thing
. You jump in, vote with the prevailing bandwagon for a reason someone else said, and then leave. Consistency has nothing to do with it and I don't know why you think it does. The only inconsistent thing you could do right now is participate. I could quote every post you've made (including the posts you quoted in those posts) and it wouldn't be over the word count limit.
then lynch me since I'm obviously scum./sarcasm.

ok I'll post more and only vote if I can provide my own reasons bt I don't think I should be lynched for this.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Vi »

CSL 741 wrote:
@ Mod: I'd rather be replaced now, then be in a state of what I call, "Newb825remakephobia", in which I'll be really detrimental to the town, and that would be called bad spirit.
Fine print: CSL was scum in Newbie 825

NOW I'm starting to like this CSL wagon.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You know we could all just do the mod a fav and go ahead and lynch Budja.

Just saying.

I mean after all that hard work not keeping up, wagoning, defending said wagon under not one but multiple spurious (and mimicked) reasons.

We should just give that spot a rest. A permanent one.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by Vi »

Energetic Penguin 743 wrote:ok I'll post more and only vote if I can provide my own reasons bt I don't think I should be lynched for this.
Please start now.
Vouching for yourself doesn't do much, btw.

@SpyreX: Would you like to be trendy and vote someone else who everyone is more interested in?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'll set my own trends. For now.

I'm not sure what the secret 2KOOL decoder ring this game is to get people to LOOK AT YOUR CASE but seriously the "everyone else is doin it" doesn't get me all stoked for a case.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Vi »

SpyreX 747 wrote:I'll set my own trends. For now.

I'm not sure what the secret 2KOOL decoder ring this game is to get people to LOOK AT YOUR CASE but seriously the "everyone else is doin it" doesn't get me all stoked for a case.
Setting your own trends isn't trendy in this game, and my vote history proves as much.

Considering I kind of launched the SpyreX wagon and that's the bulk of your case I'm not inclined to follow.
Rereading I'm kind of inclined to think that Budja making skeletal posts and saying he's behind is probably more genuine than previously given credit would suggest considering he's replacing out.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by crypto »

No, Spyre, we're expected to follow the chopper like dogs.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”