Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:54 am

Post by charter »

Vote Count, Day 1
hiphop ( 0 )
Budja ( 1 ) SpyreX
charter ( 0 )
crypto ( 1 ) charter
CSL ( 1 ) - RedCoyote
elvis_knits ( 1 ) crypto
Energetic Penguin ( 5 ) hitogoroshi - popsofctown - hiphop - imaginality - Vi
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 4 ) RayFrost - Hoopla - sigma - elvis_knits
imaginality ( 0 )
Infinis ( 1 ) roflcopter
Juls ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 2 ) - Infinis - Pads
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Psychologic ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 1 ) - sotty7
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 1 ) - Budja
Vi ( 0 )
Unvote ( 6 ) - Idiotking - EtherealCookie - Psychologic - Maemuki - CSL - Energetic Penguin
Total Votes ( 24 )

With 24 alive, 13 needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 1st, 11am EST

popsofctown wrote:
Charter wrote:298, Pops is a third scum. If I was a daycop this game... His post comes back to OMGUS on me, then accuse me of "sprinkler scumhunting" on page five or whatever. Also claims to be suspicious of the Crypto/Confid pairing but does nothing about it.
The next clause of that sentence is you parroting what I said. Explain why I'm scummy. At the very least, explain how I'm wrong.
In response to this, this is wrong. I'm saying that you claimed to be suspicious of Crypto/Confid, but you didn't do anything with that initially. Just added support to that verbally but didn't actually commit until it was pretty clear Confid was going down, and then you took your vote off immediately afterwards.

I wasn't parroting what you said, I was accusing you of claiming to be suspicious of Confid, but not voting them.

After a quick reflection, I think that the scummiest thing you've done is accusing me of faking my scumhunting after my first post, which I want you to describe how you arrived at a clearly wrong conclusion. I don't think a townie would have possibly thought that up. Next scummiest would be saying you're suspicious of Confid as he's going down, and then voting someone else who had no votes. Pretty clear you're scum.

Will go take a look at Elvis's crypto point and see if it doesn't add up.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:01 am

Post by crypto »

And the fact that you voted mae before you knew what your reason was... supports my suspicion that you did not have a reason.
That is not a fact. That is your stance that you are misconstruing as a fact to throw together a more convincing argument against me, despite zero evidence in its favor.

And like I said, you don't know what intuition is.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

I think there's more evidence to suggest I am right than suggest you are right.

My evidence is you never saying anything bad about mae before people called her town, AND that you voted her before knowing what your reasons were.

Your evidence is just your assurances... which add up to nothing.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by crypto »

You're right. It's much more plausible that I concocted that entire scheme by the seat of my pants after burying myself in the scumminess of a pronounced gut read.

Totally scummy play. How could I have been so blind?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

It wasn't a scheme. It was scum's most basic nature, to want to keep the lynch pool full of potential mislynches. You didn't even have to think about it to do it.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by crypto »

Sigh.

You are so hysterically wrong.

One townie is not a threat to scum. But that's not even the point. Scum limit the list of suspects all the time.

Using the fact that I attacked someone two other players happen to have a town read on is a horribly flawed joke. I'm stunned if you really are dense enough to think this.
Unvote. Vote: elvis_knits.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

roflcopter wrote: pops, what do you think of spyrex's vote?
Answering this before i read the rest of the thread. Bad form, I know.

Asking me what I think of spyrex's vote, to me, seems to be asking about its sincerity and its accuracy.

For its
sincerity
, the spyrex-town I remember from my last game is more than ready to get indignant over something like meta-reasoning and put his vote on top of it. So it doesn't seem out of place, in spite of the fact it's automatically suspect for OMGUS and whatnot. Iirc, Spyrex believes in zero meta. He doesn't want to hear it.

I do want to hear it, I believe meta is part of everything (i'm metaing spyrex right now), and as a result I think Spyrex is
inaccurate
with his vote, and he's putting it on Budja because Budja has different game theory beliefs than he does, not because he can actually see a dark force behind his posts.

(not rejecting Budja-scum, rejecting that reasoning. Haven't heard any cases besides Spyrex's as i recall)
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by roflcopter »

yeah pops is town. charter, you should help me lynch infinis.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by Vi »

@Maemuki 478: I called you "an easy wagon". Not "easy". With that said, less defending, more attacking.

@Sotty7 480: You are correct; normally I hate every bandwagon except the one I'm on. However, I expressed interest in all of the wagons I've been on long before I joined them.
imaginality and Hoopla are two more people that come to mind that I'm curious about. (To answer your next objection, I was the one who
started
the imaginality suspicion as well.)

I'm having a difficult time reading RedCoyote, and for reasons a couple of people here know about I'm very worried about that.

e_knits' case against crypto is lame IMO, largely because it consists of crypto doing something I wouldn't expect to do as scum, and crypto's responses saying exactly that.

Sotty7 is now comfortably Town, and I'm willing to agree with roflcopter that pops is too.
Infinis reads like newbscum and wouldn't be a terrible lynch, but I'd like to stay with my E-Pengy vote right now.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by zoraster »

EtherealCookie replaces Juls.

Thanks, Ethereal!
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by crypto »

I agree that Sotty looks town. Not Pops, though.

Not sure why Infinis is getting so much bad press.

Preview edit: Oh, no ...
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by roflcopter »

crypto wrote:I agree that Sotty looks town. Not Pops, though.

Not sure why Infinis is getting so much bad press.

Preview edit: Oh, no ...
define "so much bad press," then please give a legitimate reason to defend infinis rather than making vague unhappy statement designed to dissuade anyone from voting for him without giving reasons he shouldn't be voted for
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by Vi »

crypto 510 wrote:Not sure why Infinis is getting so much bad press.
Terrible formatting aside, over half of Infinis' posts is made of filler. Read it for yourself.

pops is partly meta. A good comparison would be RayFrost plus experience minus hyperposting.

I feel like there's some kind of pun I should be able to make on E-Cookie's name, but I can't think of one OTH.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by crypto »

I just don't see what earns him a scum read. He seemed to be thinking independently with his shots at Sigma, which strikes me as town.

Er, while I was skimming the iso. I saw his join date. He's been around since January. I've been reading him as new to the site. That changes things. I'll have to take a look at his meta.

Vi, the Pops/RayFrost comparison doesn't help me much. What are RF's virtues?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by roflcopter »

crypto wrote:I just don't see what earns him a scum read. He seemed to be thinking independently with his shots at Sigma, which strikes me as town.

Er, while I was skimming the iso. I saw his join date. He's been around since January. I've been reading him as new to the site. That changes things. I'll have to take a look at his meta.

Vi, the Pops/RayFrost comparison doesn't help me much. What are RF's virtues?
not seeing what earns him a scum read is a terrible reason to try to influence someone else's read on him away from scum. unless you're scum with him, in which case carry on making yourself obvious.
soi soi soi

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Vi »

crypto 513 wrote:Er, while I was skimming the iso. I saw his join date. He's been around since January. I've been reading him as new to the site. That changes things. I'll have to take a look at his meta.
Vi 508 wrote:newb
scum
Infinis has never been scum.
crypto 513 wrote:I just don't see what earns him a scum read.
Vi 512 wrote:over half of Infinis' posts is made of filler. Read it for yourself.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

bolds mines
charter wrote:
This was in response to my first post, and already Pops has accused me of faking scumhunting. Please explain how that works.
It works when you post content your first post of the game, and that post is scummy.

And yeah, the things I pointed out there are probably insubstantial in the long run, but at that point, that was all I had to go on, so I point it out instead of just an empty post.
Thin and silky reasons are fine page one. Absolute thin air isn't allowed at any point in the game.

Please explain how I "want someone else to follow up" on my accusations, and how you determined that off of my first post.
As the scumCharter story goes, and you skepticism is already noted, i think you did it so that if any of those five people gained popularity you could claim founding fatherdom. And because I have never seen such broad and light FoS flinging be used as pro-town scumhunting

Other than a bunch of weak votes from you, I find nearly all of your posts to be reactionary to what other players are saying or doing.
I find myself to be rather proactive. Shall we agree to disagree or can you give me more to work with?

charter wrote:
popsofctown wrote:
Charter wrote:298, Pops is a third scum. If I was a daycop this game... His post comes back to OMGUS on me,
then accuse me of "sprinkler scumhunting" on page five or whatever
. Also claims to be suspicious of the Crypto/Confid pairing but does nothing about it.
The next clause of that sentence is you parroting what I said. Explain why I'm scummy. At the very least, explain how I'm wrong.
In response to this, this is wrong. I'm saying that you claimed to be suspicious of Crypto/Confid, but you didn't do anything with that initially. Just added support to that verbally but didn't actually commit until it was pretty clear Confid was going down, and then you took your vote off immediately afterwards.
I said "the next cluase of that sentence." I meant part of the same sentence, in context the same sentence in which i OMGUS was mentioned, which means the part I've underlined. (so, underlining mine) So this is miscommunication. The underlined part is parroting, because unless "using that dang sprinkler argument" is in the public consciousness as being a scumtell, you've got more analysis to do to explain how I'm scummy.
Charter wrote: After a quick reflection, I think that the scummiest thing you've done is accusing me of faking my scumhunting after my first post, which I want you to describe how you arrived at a clearly wrong conclusion.
Here is your opening post:
charter wrote:
VOTE SPYREX!
Traitorous scum!

Now that that is out of the way, I think pops is scum. I actually have like five likely scum candidates, which is kind of awesome. Others to include: imaginality, Energetic Penguin, and hitogoroshi.

unvote, vote Pops

Pops for his K7 tangent and his 'why aren't you opposed to Hoopla's avatar' comments.

imaginality for posting to say he isn't going to post.

Energetic Penguin for his FOS of Sigma and then vote for Hoopla.

hitogoroshi because I don't like his last two posts.

I don't think sigma is scum.
I italicized mere information. I colored the analysis bright red with blue polka dots. I am sooo not a fan of thread narrators, and that's why I jumped on you out of the gate.
Charter wrote: I don't think a townie would have possibly thought that up. Next scummiest would be saying you're suspicious of Confid as he's going down, and then voting someone else who had no votes. Pretty clear you're scum.
Zero votes on Energetic Penguin isn't the way I recall it, but maybe so. Even so, public opinion against EP was polarizing so EP was a viable alternative to ConfidAnon, and i decided if I could kill one on the spot it would be EP so that's who I voted for.

@all - Can we not cuss ITT? If you'll indulge me.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by crypto »

Vi, I don't think filler is much of a scum tell.

Roflcopter, too much summary and too little analysis is not a convincing case given our options. That said, I'm not terribly interested in debating this with you.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

IioA is one of the best tells ever. For serious.
"Well, I..."
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by crypto »

popsofctown wrote:IioA is one of the best tells ever. For serious.
Yeah, I knew I shouldn't have said that but I did anyway. :? I can't recall seeing it in any of my games.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I can't recall a game without it.
"Well, I..."
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by RayFrost »

popsofctown wrote:IioA is one of the best tells ever. For serious.
QFT

when I saw the bold responses in the quote, I thought "OMG, Vi is right that pops and I are similar O.o"

Also QFT pops' post right above this one
don't you feel silly now?
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Hello, Crypto, Charter, other people, like Ray, and what not.
Sweet damn, 21 pages to catch up on?
Give me some time. I'll try to read all of it on the weekday. Going to be long.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Read the rules too... carefully.
don't you feel silly now?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by charter »

Checking the facts about Crypto.

192, rofl says Mae is town (I think he's the first)
193, Vi agrees.
crypto votes Mae in post 248.

Then crypto spends his time being vague and fighting off others when they ask for his reasoning.

He finally gives a case? (not really a case, a useless commentary on most of her posts) in post 307. None of the posts he mentions in there are after his vote.

I think it's much worse how he was very argumentative after people asked why he voted. He did wait until people call Mae town before he votes her, but I don't think any of his reasons are good for thinking she's scum. The only thing leaving doubt in mind is crypto looked a lot like Confid's buddy.

Pops:
You don't explain how, from a single post of mine, you determine that I am faking scumhunting. You just say my post is scummy. Accusing me of a scummy post is way more vague and general than the very specific faking scumhunting, which I'm positive you can't determine from one post.
Pops wrote:I italicized mere information. I colored the analysis bright red with blue polka dots. I am sooo not a fan of thread narrators, and that's why I jumped on you out of the gate.
You forgot to color the part of my post where I call them "likely scum candidates" since I'm pretty sure that their posts weren't tagged with a "hey guys, I'm scum" stamp. That is me analyzing their posts. I also gave my analysis on sigma saying I don't think he's scum, since he was the top voteholder at the time, but hey, I guess that's just me keeping all my options open like you're saying.
Pops wrote:As the scumCharter story goes, and you skepticism is already noted, i think you did it so that if any of those five people gained popularity you could claim founding fatherdom. And because I have never seen such broad and light FoS flinging be used as pro-town scumhunting
You don't really know how I play, I don't wait for people to gain popularity, I pick who I think is scummy and I make them gain popularity.

If you guys are all going to let Pops pull the wool over your eyes, I'm voting crypto because of his argumentative attitude when people asked for his reasons for voting. It might be understandable (not actually, though) if he later said he wanted reactions. I think his 517 is scummy too. Trying to get his opinion out but not justify it, just trying to get rofl to accept what he's saying. Not to mention his point is wrong, and then he says he knew that two posts later, which is also scummy. Crypto's vote for Elvis looks a preemptive OMGUS vote

rofl, why should I be voting infinis?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”