Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by crypto »

Vote Count, Day 1, Post ConfidAnon Daykilled
hiphop ( 0 )
Budja ( 1 ) SpyreX
charter ( 0 )
crypto ( 1 ) Hoopla
CSL ( 1 ) - RedCoyote
elvis_knits ( 0 )
Energetic Penguin ( 2 ) hitogoroshi - popsofctown
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 0 )
imaginality ( 0 )
Infinis ( 0 )
Juls ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 2 ) - crypto - Infinis
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Psychologic ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 0 )
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 3 ) - RayFrost - Budja - hiphop
Vi ( 0 )
Unvote ( 14 ) - Idiotking - Juls - imaginality - Psychologic - Maemuki - sigma - CSL - roflcopter - elvis_knits - Pads - Vi - Sotty7 - Energetic Penguin charter
Total Votes ( 24 )

With 24 alive, 13 still needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 1st, 11am EST

Dunno, but moar voats on Maemuki.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by RayFrost »

unvote

Hrrrmmmm... is there a reason I can't remember seeing a post from imaginality?

or hiphop for that matter?
don't you feel silly now?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

I never saw that coming . . . Bah! Go town!
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Hiphop is active lurking. I can't decide if that's scummy enough to warrant a vote, though; it's possible that he's got a perfectly towny reason to lay low, though I don't know exactly what it could be.
Energetic Penguin
Energetic Penguin
Townie
Energetic Penguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:35 pm

Post by Energetic Penguin »

@hitogoshi: I Haven't been paying as much attention as I should to this game and I have been inconsistent so I apologize.

Idiotking wrote:Hiphop is active lurking. I can't decide if that's scummy enough to warrant a vote, though; it's possible that he's got a perfectly towny reason to lay low, though I don't know exactly what it could be.
This seems to me like scum fishing for a power role.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Energetic Penguin wrote:
Idiotking wrote:Hiphop is active lurking. I can't decide if that's scummy enough to warrant a vote, though; it's possible that he's got a perfectly towny reason to lay low, though I don't know exactly what it could be.
IdiotKing's rolefishing is noted.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by roflcopter »

vote: infinis
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by crypto »

RayFrost wrote:
Energetic Penguin wrote:
IdiotKing's rolefishing is noted.
So is his general play. Distinctly less pro-town than usual.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by RayFrost »

crypto wrote: So is his general play. Distinctly less pro-town than usual.
Care to explain? I've never played with 'im, so I don't know.

Rofl:

reasoning for infinis vote?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by roflcopter »

he's scum
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by RayFrost »

roflcopter wrote:he's scum
How'd you come to that conclusion so easily?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by roflcopter »

he provides summary instead of analysis. and he ignored me twice, which is a capital crime.
soi soi soi

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

roflcopter: Post numbers for Infinis's IioA? He did ignore you, that was pretty lame of him.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

This thread has some go-juice. Again.

I do like crypto's 307 quite a bit - even if I don't agree with it. I think Mam is pretty town thus far BUT the approach makes sense and is solid - especially for playing catchup.

However, once again, lets look at where my vote lays:
Budja wrote:I didn't really notice ConfidAnon until he was pointed out. His comment of Spyrex being too defensive was bad. He comes of as very passive/going with the flow. Moderatly scummy.

I can't say Spyrex has done much to change my opinion of him. Dislike early claim, I'm assuming that the martyr claim is not a joke.

crypto's push on Maemuki seems silly. There are better wagons.

CSL is a bit scummy. A bit iffy here as it seems to be his meta. But I do really dislike his 203.

I feel no need to shift my vote.
First off trust me if I'm going to claim, you'll know it. Martyr is a function of the PLAY, nothing else. However, that does beg the question of what in the hell would a roleclaim have to do with your reasoning that I am scummy (meta + wagons are good).

Then, in the glorious light that is qualitatitive langue we see a "silly" push on someone when there are better wagons (note the lack of alignment on either of them for this) AND back to meta and "a bit scummy".

Yea, I will be pushing this wagon. I
guarantee
there's scum on that early shift and all signs point to the musketeers who are down a member.

Pads 321 is... something?
321 wrote: Alright, that wagon was fun, but we have plenty of other leads now, and I see no reason good enough to stay on it (it was my random vote anyway). That's not to say I think SpyreX has been particularly pro-town. His responses have had components of both self righteous bristling (town) and dismissive, redirecting (scum).
I'm not sure how many fences one could put together to build a house of fences but, yea. If you asked me what his read of me was after that paragraph I couldn't tell you. And there's an unvote.

RedCoyote's logic in 333 is solid (although I'd disagree with crypto and sigma as scum (and due to the post-count a little less weary of hiphop) and budja as town).

---

MORE LATER (400 wordsish)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Hoopla wrote:ConfidAnon, crypto or SpyreX need to be lynched by page 25. If day 1 goes any longer than that, I think I'm going to cry.
To elaborate on this point yesterday, I'd much rather have a little less information by pushing out an earlier than usual lynch, if it means D1 will become easier to analyse. Games with 40+ page D1's tend to require another 20 just to sift through it all, and a lot of people won't read the thread in that situation, resorting to the out of context, watered down tactic of iso-reading. More information is better is not always true, when towns aren't capable of analysing it properly.

Having said that, this seems to be partially solved by a day kill. Lets start up a new wagon on crypto please.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by SpyreX »

All other issues aside, I am 100% behind 414. To the depths of hell with information paralysis.

(I'll be talking in real time while I wait for more catchup, spirit of the letter and all).
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Energetic Penguin wrote:
T'wasn't rolefishing. I think it's possible that hiphop could be a townie (regardless of role) just trying to stay alive long enough to get a bead on what's going on. I know I'm having similar problems, so I can see why he'd be under duress. However, if hiphop is used to playing large normal games, the active lurking is suspicious.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Idiotking's rolefishing seems too blatant to actually be able to possibly work. His other posts pique my interest many times more - he has a fake air about everything he says. I won't accuse him of lurking/active lurking yet as it's early, and he said he wasn't available to Sunday, but the fact he accused hiphop of active lurking is a little odd.

Note the tentative language used by Idiotking (in green);

Excuses, outs, and general fakeness in blue;

Idiotking wrote:
Sigh. Finished rereading. You people are evil, I hate you
all
, do you hear me?

Hiphop
bothers
me.
Something about his posts
(they're mostly one-line and have very little substance) makes me think he's just trying to float by without actually doing anything substantial. For example, his last two posts are more concerned with chiding people for word count rather than doing something useful.
It just seems
like active lurking to me,
even though the game's only been going for this long.

I don't think Crypto is suspicious either, given my knowledge of his play style. He does tend to make a whole lot of pretty meaningless posts, though when he does make a meaningful one it is substantial.

I don't know
about either ConfidAnon for SpyreX.
I just... I can't get a read on either of them
Then again, I do tend to have difficulty seeing scumminess on rereads
, so maybe I'll be able to get a picture of them now that I'm available to post.
Idiotking wrote:Hiphop is active lurking.
I can't decide
if that's scummy enough to warrant a vote, though;
it's possible
that he's got a perfectly towny reason to lay low, though
I don't know
exactly what it could be.
His first paragraph describing hiphop's play is the most suspect, when you consider how many words he uses to articulate a very simple point. It's the definition of filler.

If I can't get votes on crypto, I'm swapping to Idiotking.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Hoopla wrote: To elaborate on this point yesterday, I'd much rather have a little less information by pushing out an earlier than usual lynch, if it means D1 will become easier to analyse. Games with 40+ page D1's tend to require another 20 just to sift through it all, and a lot of people won't read the thread in that situation, resorting to the out of context, watered down tactic of iso-reading. More information is better is not always true, when towns aren't capable of analysing it properly.
This is a point I hadn't thought of yet. With such large numbers I might have to cast off my usual aversion to quick-wagoning before we all drown in a pool of data. Regardless, at the moment unless everyone wants to join me on penguin there's no one else I'm quite up for lynching yet. I'll lower my standards if this creeps along too much longer, though.

Also, let me be the first in thread to say happy birthday, Hoopla!
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:27 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Hoopla is always having a birthday... >.>"

that said, I like 417
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

it's hard not to.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Post by hiphop »

Maemuki- This is the second time that you have refused to acknowledge my questions. I don't put your name in a sentence just to make the sentence look good. Now answer my 296, and stop ignoring me.
fos Maemuki

Crypto- I didn't mean to be rude, but 1. I didn't know if you remembered the rule, like spyrex didn't remember,( though with you being cryto, I don't know what I was thinking.) and 2. with as many posts as we get the longer posts will bog people down more. With your long post on one person, another person makes a long post, we get a chain reaction, and put it all together, a whole lot of replacements. I just found a few, so I too have games where I played in, that scum called people townies. It isn't hard to get rid of these people like somebody said, just nk them. Also about post 400, don't start that again. Remember what happened last time.

@rc- It is not hoopla's birthday, she changes it everyday. I thought I explained my csl vote. I voted him for his sig, not because of anything he did scummy. It says in his sig that he will v/la(not posting) during the weekdays. 5 days, out of seven, of not posting. It should be the other way around, and it better be. As for my spyrex vote keep reading.

@Sotty- Only one reason, same as Hoopla's, bandwagon. I used to hate early bws, but after the last game with Hoopla( it ot me) I love them for long games. If I can't do something with them, somebody else can.

@ idk- About the first sentence in post 361. Don't expect sympathy from me, I remember what you did in the last game that you played with me.
roflcopter wrote:redcoyote gets lynched next when confid flips scum
why?
Energetic Penguin wrote:Pops, awesome new avatar.

I currently find confianon scummy for the things already brought up and if Pops insists that hoopola will actually post content then I'm gonna,

Unvote, Vote: Confidanon
First big scumtell. This post is growing so I will explain later.
unvote
vote Energetic Penguin

Vi wrote:@hiphop: Oh hi. Post.
What do you think is best, an, "I am reading." post , a "Can't finish reading now." post, a "here is what I have so far post" or a post like this when I am caught up? If you want to clutter up the thread more, points one and two work great. If everybody posts everyday, I am looking at a page. More than that, and we get 5 to 10 pages.

I do believe that ConfidAnon's death was a good thing. 1. one less person, 2. the way it looked, he was going to be lynched, this way the town gets to choose who they want dead second instead of scum. (Always a good thing.)

4 days in and you guys want a lynch. :lol: If this goes through, probably the shortest day one ever. I guess Energetic's post isn't as scummy as I thought, but still pretty scummy.

@pops and ray- if you guys agree with hoopla, where are the votes.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Post by Idiotking »

@Hoopla:

To hell with concision. I'm a wordy person. Get used to it.

And feel free to check my meta. I'm using the same phrases I've always used, and since your main problem with my posts seem to be my word choice, there's little I can say in my defense.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by hiphop »

Than why are we evil?
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Idiotking wrote:@Hoopla:

To hell with concision. I'm a wordy person. Get used to it.

And feel free to check my meta. I'm using the same phrases I've always used, and since your main problem with my posts seem to be my word choice, there's little I can say in my defense.
Why haven't you put a vote down on anyone in 17 pages?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”