Open 183 - Polygamist Mafia (Game Over!)

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Adel »

SensFan wrote:@Adel:

Do the numbers 76 604 20 mean anything to you? Yes or no only, please. This will be explained after all QTs have been quoted.
please explain.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:20 am

Post by SensFan »

Game 76, (over before 604, as per the thread title), post 20 by Adel in iso. The game is the first running of this set-up, I believe.
I did spend a bit of time trying to figure out the best way to explain the scumtell I have against zombie slayer and biochomp. I could've just said "they admitted to talking pregame" but I don't think that would've made much sense to most of you.

I intended it to partially clear a few couples, starting with dcorbe and Panzerjager.

When I designed this game I intended for each lover group to be able to daytalk, since there is no night phase. I forgot to explain that, so only pregame conversation happened. That got me thinking about what kind of difference that would make. Each group of lovers was assigned a quicktopic thread. Scum have more motivation to plan and analyse the setup before the game start -- they had to get their story straight. A group of four people given a quicktopic thread will usually have a couple of people who are active, and a couple who isn't. When I am scum I like to talk and talk and plan as much as I can. When I am in a scum group of three there is almost always one player who doesn't bother to talk much at all, and that is when we use the mafiascum PM system with its default email notification. Quicktopic's email notification is not on by default. Out of the four scum, probably two turned up and were active, and they partnered up.
That's the relevant bit, anyways. Basically, I agree with the theory that Scum have mroe reason to talk pregame than Town do, and so will probably talk more.

---

You said earlier that the numbers made sense to you, Adel. Had you caught that, or were you just trying to give people (ie: Scum) the impression that you had?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Chaco »

DeathNote wrote:Yes I typed the names above each persons line.
And you did this....why? When straight copy-pasting would've done the same.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:51 am

Post by Adel »

SensFan wrote: You said earlier that the numbers made sense to you, Adel. Had you caught that, or were you just trying to give people (ie: Scum) the impression that you had?
They made sense to me because they each correspond to game numbers.
I was in open 76, you were in mini 604. On page 20 of 604 Phoebus was under assault for his cop claim, and it was the last page you were alive. I suspected that you might be referencing open 20, or mafia 20, but none of the players in this game were in either of those games, but I thought that perhaps you'd identified an alt or something.

I didn't think to look at my own posts in 76 in isolation or at your posts in 604 in isolation. I did look at post 20 of both open 76 and mini 604.

~~~

why did you breadcrumb that post? Like, what is that supposed to show?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:57 am

Post by SensFan »

I was just bringing up the theory you had, since I agree with it. I figured it was easier to do it like that, than be accused of only bringing it up if it served my goals after the QTs had been posted.

Adel, did you at any time in the pre-game ask the Mod if you could:
*Quote your dialogue in your QT?
*Quote the title of your QT?
*Post a screenshot of your QT?
*Ask about the legality of any other attempts to 'solve' the game that I haven't mentioned?
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Adel »

yes. screenshots are illegal. I didn't ask about the title, since those were words the mod wrote.
in th e rules our mod wrote:19) Mod and PM quoting: If you quote a PM from you to me/me to you, you will die. If you quote your team number you will die. Don't be a smartass and paraphrase/code/whatever those info either. If I catch you, you WILL be modkilled. However, you can quote your role PM if you wish, but it’s an open setup...
to be honest, even if I could answer you, I don't see how that would illuminate my alignment.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:15 am

Post by SensFan »

I know screenshots are illegal, and I know quoting the team number is illegal.

I'm asking if you asked about quoting of any of the above, including just straight dialogue from the QT.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Adel »

sorry, "yes" was supposed to cover everything, except for the title.

~~~

in the order of appearance:

SensFan & ChacoChaco 11-10-2009 08:43 PM ET (US)
Sup Sens?

Sens 11-10-2009 08:43 PM ET (US)
Not much. You?

Chaco 11-11-2009 06:58 AM ET (US)
Just sick. So anything you want to know, need me to know before we start?

Sens 11-11-2009 12:30 PM ET (US)
Don't post until I do when the thread opens. Trust me, I have a plan.

Chaco 11-11-2009 08:59 PM ET (US)
Care to enlighten or are we going about this blindly?

Chaco 11-12-2009 04:59 PM ET (US)
So you're essentially saying we can quote you and auto clear ourself? Not cool.

Adel & SpyreXadelisscum 11-12-2009 04:38 PM ET (US) Lets urge people to wait until day 2, but I don't want to waste too much time arguing over it.

older runs of this setup:
open 76 mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8448
open 83 mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8809
open 88 mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9086
open 135 mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11158
open 145 mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11397

note the following rules from our mod's rule set:

5) Deadlines: Deadline will be 3 weeks.
6) Mass Inactivity: In an act of pure villainy, I may shorten the deadline if I deem the activity level is unsatisfactory. You will be warned if I want you fellows to pick up the pace.
7) Deadline Lynches: If no single player has enough votes for a lynch at the deadline, The person with the highest votecount will be lynched. Deadlines are there for a reason.

Because of the deadline rules it is to the advantage of scum to lurk and stall. Therefor "scumtells" in this setup must include lurking and stalling. After day 1 (when an active pair of players will probably get lynched by another active pair of players, unless a village idiot pulls a noose over his head and tightens the knot) I expect that whomever types the most will probably win. Beware of townie apathy -- it could kill us in this game.

SpyreX 11-12-2009 01:08 AM ET (US) I know last time we talked about partner claiming on day 2 and I think it will work, what are your thoughts?

(and yea, no bad blood - lets win this piggy)

adelisscum 11-11-2009 11:46 PM ET (US) 'sup Spryex. I'm happy to share an alignment with you again. Our last game together wasn't too friendly, but I'm sure we will both have more fun this time.

I think we should keep from claiming partners until day 2. I remember putting a lot of thought into the theory behind why, but I don't recall all of the reasons why it is a good idea right now.. but I'm sure it will come back to me.

have you played against any of these people before? I only recognize, SensFan and ZazieR. I don't have a meta on ZazieR, but I am something 3-0 or 4-0 against SensFan. If he is scum I don't think he will try to lynch me, and if he is town I think he might be willing to work with me.

SpyreX 11-10-2009 10:43 PM ET (US) Sup Adel - kinda funny we end up together again. Hopefully we can pull it out through some more voodoo like last time.

Deathnote & Yankee11-12-2009 10:43 AM ET (US)
lol, good luck to you too

11-11-2009 02:36 AM ET (US)
I am DeathNote. This is just my name for all my QTs. Sorry if I confused you... :/

I don't know what we could talk about pre game as we don't know anything yet... but I will wish you good luck!!!

11-11-2009 01:03 AM ET (US)
lol! you too..... Also, i thought it was DeathNote as my lover, are you a replacement or something?

11-11-2009 12:09 AM ET (US)
I love you Yankee... so much.

yabbaguy & saberwolfSaber's my lover and did not post in the QT at any point.

Nikanor & DarkLightANikanor

11-10-2009 08:31 PM ET (US)
Whooo! Hey lover! <3
Most important thing: What do you think about claiming day one? I think a massclaim first thing is probably the best way to go. How about you?

DarkLightA

11-12-2009 10:19 AM ET (US)
Sorry, I didn't realize that this was up. Claiming day one is probably best. Do you know anything about the other players?

-DLA

Zaz & CuetlachtliZaz

11-12-2009 11:14 AM ET (US)
Good thing of a mass lover claim:
Due to everybody being lovers, you'll have to focus on multiple players. For example, Saberwolf may act scummy, but his claimed lover Sensfan has been extremely pro-town. Both share the same allignment. By killing one, the other will die too. So will you vote scummy SW, while knowing it will kill very likely townie SF as well?
This question is very important and with a mass lover claim, we can focus on it a lot.

The negative thing is that the claims are out, meaning that the scum have to keep their fake claims up. This might result in less information from the scum.

Cuetlachtli

11-11-2009 02:53 PM ET (US)
What is the point of a mass lover claim if everyone claims monogamist? What are our alternatives?

Zaz

11-11-2009 07:09 AM ET (US)
As said by Dram, we're dealing with 4 town pairs and one group of scum, consisting out of four members.
This is basically a lovers set-up. And in both, it's important that you look at connections. Because if one scum die, they all die. Meaning that the scum will be more careful, which is what we should use in our advantage.
Another thing that might be useful is meta. As said, if one dies, all scum die. It might be possible that some players adjust their playstyle for this reason. The scum also might give tips to each other to help each other out after they may not talk in the QT anymore. This is another reason why meta may be useful.

Also, don't lie low. Our objective is catching scum, not surviving.

Some other things:
-I know from Sens that he likes to random lynch a player in the Lovers set-up. He might do this as well in this game.
-Adel uses Vote Counts to look for scum in polygamist games as it can show possible connections.
-The scum will most likely use the 48 hours to make two pairs in case a mass lover claim comes.
*Also, about this, can you state here if you're in favor of a mass lover claim and why?
-Every player has only 48 hours to talk in their QT's, including the scum. This may be useful during the game as we can ask what each claimed pair has discussed during pregame. Townie pairs will speak the truth, the two scum pairs will most likely have to fake it. This is what happened in a previous polygamist game.
This should only be used after a mass lover claim.

Can't think of anything else right now.

Cuetlachtli

11-11-2009 05:39 AM ET (US)
The polygamist PM ends with "you win when your group composes at least half the town." Therefore, the soonest that the polygamist can win is Day 3.

I say we lay low during the beginning and hope one of the 6 polygamist makes a mistake. Thoughts?

Cuetlachtli

11-11-2009 05:29 AM ET (US)
So there are 12 players. Dramonic's example PMs imply that the monogamist teams consist of 2 players, while the polygamist teams consist of 3 players. So if these numbers are true, then there should be 2 teams of polygamist and 3 teams of monogamist. Or: 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 12.

Cuetlachtli

11-11-2009 12:09 AM ET (US)
Ahoy! So this is my first "lovers" game. Do you have any strategic plans in mind?

Would everyone please rate these claims, in order of least scummy to most scummy? I would like this to go in a certain order.

I want DarkLightA to answer first, and for him to name who answers next. The order of listing the scumminess of the claims will proceed in popcorn fashion from there.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:26 am

Post by SensFan »

Adel wrote:sorry, "yes" was supposed to cover everything, except for the title.
Alright.

And don't think I'm tunelling on you, or focussing on you, or even that I think you're scummy, necessarily. I'm just trying to get some hunts into your alignment, since I have vastly more meta on you than anyone else, and I also think you will be the most helpful player, if Town.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Yankee »

1). Zaz & Cuetlachtli
2). yabbaguy & Saberwolf
3). Sensfan & Chaco
4). Abel & SpyreX
5). Nikanor & DarkLightA
6). Deathnote & Yankee (obviously)
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Yankee »

Vote: Zazier

Basically their QT sounds like it actually happened, but i believe they edited some of it, and it almost sounds as if they just switched monogamist with polygamist in most of the posts....
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:59 am

Post by SensFan »

Adel wrote:I want DarkLightA to answer first, and for him to name who answers next. The order of listing the scumminess of the claims will proceed in popcorn fashion from there.
Reading is tech.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Adel »

Yankee wrote:
Vote: Zazier

Basically their QT sounds like it actually happened, but i believe they edited some of it, and it almost sounds as if they just switched monogamist with polygamist in most of the posts....
why Zazier and not Cuetlachtli, who already has votes?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by dramonic »

You look at your watch. 7:41.

"It's in your blood..."

The Fourth Count: 7:41

Deathnote (3): Chaco, Sensfan, SpyreX
Sensfan (1): Zazie
Cuetlachtli (1): Adel
Zazie: (1): Yankee

Not voting (6): DeathNote, saberwolf, Cuetlachtli, Nikanor, DarkLightA, Yabbaguy

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Deadline is December 3rd

Cuetlachtli has requested replacement. I shall now go search for one!"
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by SensFan »

What do people think of the possibility that Cuetlachtli (who was apparently VERY active pre-game) has requested replacement because Zazie 'made' him say something he doesn't appreciate?
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Chaco »

It's an idea, but nothing you can count on.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by SensFan »

What other reason could there be?

He's been active around the site, posting in other games, never posted in this thread, and replaced out soon after Zazie posted a dialogue he has (that makes him look like he didn't read the first post).
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by Chaco »

Because it's an assumption, however good it may be.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by SensFan »

It's not an assumption, its an educated guess.
Without Cops in this set-up, the best we can do is make an educated guess.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by Chaco »

Point taken.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by dramonic »

Cpat Replaces... That guy who needed replacement with the weird name.

Effective NAO!
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Vote: Cuetlachtli

At the moment, his rather lengthy QT seems the most likely to be doctored. His sudden replacement after one vote seems odd and hopefully there is an actual reason.

Mod. Can you ask why Cuet requested replacement?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by dramonic »

Ask him postgame if you really care :P
[/color]
I'm a hoot
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Aww but I wanted to know now! It could be used as evidence!!!!
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:42 pm

Post by Adel »

hmmm...

Return to “Completed Open Games”