Open 183 - Polygamist Mafia (Game Over!)

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Open 183 - Polygamist Mafia (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by dramonic »

You awake abruptly to a scream tearing through the night. The voice sounds somewhat familiar, but you can't put your finger on it. You turn around to look at your love. He is asleep, hogging the blankets as usual. Smiling weakly, you brush his cheek with the back of your hand. You’re about to lie down and go back to sleep when you hear a gunshot.

"This is too much..." You think as you get to your feet and pick up a flashlight. You head outside, followed by your yawning sweetheart, woken by the noise.

You head to the town square, from which you believe originated the sounds. Soon you are joined by other couples which you don't recognize due to the darkness. When you arrive, the scene that appears before you is almost too much to bear:

You see Haylen, lying lifeless on the ground, her limbs bent in unnatural angles. Her eyes are wide open and glazed and she rests in a pool of blood. You approach a bit and see that she was definitely assaulted.

A second body lies next to her. His left hand is wrapped around Haylen's right hand, as in to bid her farewell, and a single bullet wound seems to have been shot through his heart. You recognize him as J-Fox, Haylen's lover.

You ponder as to why someone would kill these two individual, when you feel something hard in the man's right hand. He is holding a gun in a surprisingly firm grip for a dead body. Judging by the timelapse since you heard the gunshot, the one who shot him would have had to be... himself.

"Nobody leaves the square, we have a killer on the loose!"
"Wait a sec, there's something here..."

One of your neighbours take a piece of paper out of Haylen's pocket and unfolds it:

"When the struggle is over, you'll have joined us in enlightement. Those too blind to see the light will be the next to have our visit.

With love,
The Polygamists"

The name provokes a wave of fear among the group. The Polygamists are a group of mafia extremists, named so for their belief towards love.

You pick up the gun J-Fox used to end his life. Two bullets are left.

"Everybody, go get dressed. When the clock strikes 7:30, the hunt for the killers shall begin. Spend some time and talk with your love, as this could be our last safe hours."

OPEN 183 – POLYGAMIST MAFIA

Still in love

Nikanor, polygamist, forced a lot of loving in endgame
SpyreX, polygamist, forced a lot of loving in endgame
Adel, polygamist, forced a lot of loving in endgame
DarkLightA, polygamist, forced a lot of loving in endgame

Loveless and dead

Haylen
, passionate lover NPC, killed pregame

J-Fox
, passionate lover NPC, suicided pregame

Sensfan
, monogamist, modkilled for breaking rule 19 day 1

Deathnote
, monogamist, heart cleaved day 2
Yankee
, monogamist, heart cleaved day 2

Chaco
, monogamist, commited suicide day 1

ZazieR
, monogamist, loved to death in endgame
Cpat
Yabbaguy
Saberwolf
, monogamist, loved to death in endgame[/i]

Important links

modkill
endgame
Last edited by dramonic on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by dramonic »

General Rules

Modified, but stolen from Vi with... its... permission. (And now I notice I still don't know what Vi's gender)

1)
Starting and Ending States:
The game starts during the Day. This is a nightless game, so once I post a lynch scene we proceed directly to the next day. The game will end when one faction has fulfilled its win condition, unless otherwise specified.
2)
Day Procedures:
Each player may discuss the game and cast a single vote at a time against people they want to lynch. A day ends when either the deadline hits or a strict majority of the votes are on one person.
3)
Voting:
Votes should be in
bold
in order for them to count, for instance:
Vote: Haylen
. If you wish to vote for a different player, you MUST unvote, also in
bold
. As long as I can tell who you're voting for, I don't care if you abbreviate someone's name when you vote them.
4)
No Lynch:
In this game, you may not No-Lynch
5)
Deadlines:
Deadline will be 3 weeks.
6)
Mass Inactivity:
In an act of pure villainy, I may shorten the deadline if I deem the activity level is unsatisfactory. You will be warned if I want you fellows to pick up the pace.
7)
Deadline Lynches:
If no single player has enough votes for a lynch at the deadline,
The person with the highest votecount will be lynched
. Deadlines are there for a reason.

8)
Twilight:
N/A

9)
Night Length and Procedures:
N/A
10)
Night Action Resubmission:
N/A
11)
Role Overlap Policy:
N/A

12)
Bolding Stuff:
Bolding something is how you get the mod to notice it. It's that simple.
13)
Mod Color:
If the mod needs to edit your post, it will be done in
brown,
italicized and bolded. Don't impersonate me.
14)
Activity, Prods, and Replacements:
You will be prodded if three days have passed since your last post. You will be replaced if you do not post after another two days, or if you need to be prodded three times throughout the game. If you know ahead of time that you will not be able to participate for at least 48 hours, go ahead and announce it in-thread so nobody (such as
the mod
) thinks you're lurking. I reserve the right to blacklist flakers or people who maliciously replace out.
15)
"Last Words" for replacements:
If you request replacement, you may PM me a message that you would like to have passed on to the person who replaces you.
16)
"Bah!" Posts:
If your player slot is killed off, it's probably because people don't want you around. Unless your role specifically states you can keep talking/voting/playing parcheesi with me, you are allowed one informationless "bah" post and then scram til endgame.
17)
Outside Discussion:
Don't discuss this game outside of this thread with anyone unless your Role PM lets you do otherwise.
18)
Post Edition:
Editing or deleting posts is not allowed (and usually not possible). Doublepost with your changes instead.
19)
Mod and PM quoting:
If you quote a PM from you to me/me to you, you will die. If you quote your team number you will die. Don't be a smartass and paraphrase/code/whatever those info either. If I catch you, you WILL be modkilled. However, you can quote your role PM if you wish, but it’s an open setup...
20)
Modkills:
Breaking any of the above three rules (or flagrantly violating Rule 16) will result in you getting modkilled. Modkills can be retroactive. If a living player breaks any of these rules, the day may or may not end, depending on what would disadvantage that player's faction the most. A dead player breaking any of these rules will result in someone from the same faction getting modkilled. In addition, getting modkilled results in an instant loss for that player, along with my general hatred. In short, follow the rules. Note that I'm not planning to keep a blacklist of people to refuse in my games, but I have goooood memory

21)
Win Mentality:
Play to win.
22)
Policy:
Have fun. Or else. And remember, it's a game - keep it classy and don't take things personally; everyone's doing what they have to to win.
23)
Setup Design:
N/A

The role PMs look like this.

Town
Greetings XYZ.

You are a
Monogamist

You don't care if your neighbours are straight or gay or what they think about you, all that matters is the presence of
ABC
by your side. You and him share an intimate and marvelous relationship. If something were to happen to him, you... you don't know if you could withstand the pain.

Looking down on the lifeless body of J-Fox, you think to yourself you'd probably have done the same had it been your lover. You're scared of what might happen in the next few days. All is not lost though:
These wretched Polygamists may be twisted, but if they love as much as you do, catching one of them should suffice...

-You may post and vote, like any normal person.
-You are a lover with
ABC
. If
ABC
dies, you will commit suicide in grief and sorrow.

Your QT is:

You win when the polygamist mafia is no more.
Scum
Greetings XYZ.

You are a
Polygamist

You are a member of an extremist underground mafia cell. Your... choice is looked upon very negatively by many others. They are idiots, ignoring the scream of their carnal lust, unwilling to experience the soothing feel of flesh smothering your body from all sides. It would be a lie to say that you share the same type of love as the others, but yours isn't all focused on a single being.

It is fortunate that not everyone is blind to the pleasure and luxury of polygamy.
ABC, DEF and GHI
share your belief that picking a single lover is missing our on the real beauty of this metaphysical link that is love. It is up to you four to show the others what love is really all about... the mafia way.

-You may post and vote, like any normal person.
-You are a lover with
ABC, DEF and GHI
. If any of you die, the others will suicide in grief and sorrow.

Your QT is:

You win when your group composes at least half the town.
Polygamists and lovers, you may now begin talking in your QT. You have 48 hours, after which the game will begin (unless you all PM me wanting to begin now.)
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by dramonic »

You look at your watch. 7:30, everyone is back.

"Alright... Let's begin. Does anyone has any idea who the culprits are?"

The First Count: 7:30

Not voting (12): DeathNote, SensFan, saberwolf, ZazieR, Cuetlachtli, Nikanor, Yankee, DarkLightA, SpyreX, Yabbaguy, Adel, Chaco

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Deadline is December 3rd
I'm a hoot
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

I'm extremely low in the self-esteem department today.

Vote: yabbaguy
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by Adel »

yabbaguy wrote:I'm extremely low in the self-esteem department today.

'k

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Unvote, Vote: Adel
for taking advantage of my lowered self-esteem.

Opportunism in action. :P

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Stop voting my lover!!!
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by SensFan »

Chaco 11-10-2009 08:43 PM ET (US)
Sup Sens?

Sens 11-10-2009 08:43 PM ET (US)
Not much. You?

Chaco 11-11-2009 06:58 AM ET (US)
Just sick. So anything you want to know, need me to know before we start?

Sens 11-11-2009 12:30 PM ET (US)
Don't post until I do when the thread opens. Trust me, I have a plan.

Chaco 11-11-2009 08:59 PM ET (US)
Care to enlighten or are we going about this blindly?

Chaco 11-12-2009 04:59 PM ET (US)
So you're essentially saying we can quote you and auto clear ourself? Not cool.
I already cleared this plan with the Mod. Above, I quoted (timestamps included) everything in the QT between Chaco and I, with the mod's posts removed. I expect everyone to do this in their next post.

With love,

Sens
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by Chaco »

Oh, happy birthday Sens.

And I second the action.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by SensFan »

@Adel:

Do the numbers 76 604 20 mean anything to you? Yes or no only, please. This will be explained after all QTs have been quoted.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by Adel »

@sens: yes those numbers do mean something to me.
adelisscum 11-12-2009 04:38 PM ET (US) Lets urge people to wait until day 2, but I don't want to waste too much time arguing over it.

older runs of this setup:
open 76 mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8448
open 83 mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8809
open 88 mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9086
open 135 mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11158
open 145 mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11397

note the following rules from our mod's rule set:

5) Deadlines: Deadline will be 3 weeks.
6) Mass Inactivity: In an act of pure villainy, I may shorten the deadline if I deem the activity level is unsatisfactory. You will be warned if I want you fellows to pick up the pace.
7) Deadline Lynches: If no single player has enough votes for a lynch at the deadline, The person with the highest votecount will be lynched. Deadlines are there for a reason.

Because of the deadline rules it is to the advantage of scum to lurk and stall. Therefor "scumtells" in this setup must include lurking and stalling. After day 1 (when an active pair of players will probably get lynched by another active pair of players, unless a village idiot pulls a noose over his head and tightens the knot) I expect that whomever types the most will probably win. Beware of townie apathy -- it could kill us in this game.

SpyreX 11-12-2009 01:08 AM ET (US) I know last time we talked about partner claiming on day 2 and I think it will work, what are your thoughts?

(and yea, no bad blood - lets win this piggy)

adelisscum 11-11-2009 11:46 PM ET (US) 'sup Spryex. I'm happy to share an alignment with you again. Our last game together wasn't too friendly, but I'm sure we will both have more fun this time.

I think we should keep from claiming partners until day 2. I remember putting a lot of thought into the theory behind why, but I don't recall all of the reasons why it is a good idea right now.. but I'm sure it will come back to me.

have you played against any of these people before? I only recognize, SensFan and ZazieR. I don't have a meta on ZazieR, but I am something 3-0 or 4-0 against SensFan. If he is scum I don't think he will try to lynch me, and if he is town I think he might be willing to work with me.

SpyreX 11-10-2009 10:43 PM ET (US) Sup Adel - kinda funny we end up together again. Hopefully we can pull it out through some more voodoo like last time.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by DeathNote »

11-12-2009 10:43 AM ET (US)
lol, good luck to you too

11-12-2009 08:26 AM ET (US)
12 hours :3

11-11-2009 02:36 AM ET (US)
I am DeathNote. This is just my name for all my QTs. Sorry if I confused you... :/

I don't know what we could talk about pre game as we don't know anything yet... but I will wish you good luck!!!

11-11-2009 01:03 AM ET (US)
lol! you too..... Also, i thought it was DeathNote as my lover, are you a replacement or something?

11-11-2009 12:09 AM ET (US)
I love you Yankee... so much.
Here is mine!! Hope you don't mind me posting this lover.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by Chaco »

Vote: Deathnote

If you copied it all, the names would have been included. You would have had to purposefully take them out, heya scum.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Saber's my lover and did not post in the QT at any point.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

@DeathNote-6: That implies lover with Adel, I believe. Adel's allegedly aligned with SpyreX, though. Explain, please.

Unvote

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by dramonic »

DeathNote wrote:
11-12-2009 08:26 AM ET (US)
12 hours :3
As stated by rule 19, quoting me in any form, way or shape will result in a modkill.

I'll let this one slip, but only because I posted this exact message in all 5 QTs.

No more mistakes fellows. EVEN with messages that are in all topics.
I'm a hoot
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by SensFan »

DeathNote wrote:Stop voting my lover!!!
Adel and yabba are the only two to have posted at this point.

[Adel claims Spyrex-lover]
yabbaguy wrote:Saber's my lover
----

Does anyone see a way that at least one Scum isn't in the Adel-Death-yabba triangle? And if Death isn't Scum, he's a lover with one of the others, leaving us the third to lynch.

Vote: DeathNote
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by SensFan »

SensFan, the correct version wrote:
DeathNote wrote:Stop voting my lover!!!
Adel and yabba are the only two to have
posted
been voted at this point.

[Adel claims Spyrex-lover]
yabbaguy wrote:Saber's my lover
----

Does anyone see a way that at least one Scum isn't in the Adel-Death-yabba triangle? And if Death isn't Scum, he's a lover with one of the others, leaving us the third to lynch.

Vote: DeathNote
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by Adel »

vote:Deathnote
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by DeathNote »

I don't understand... I copied and pasted it like I was supposed to then clicked the quote button after I was done. The only thing I changed was deleting dramonics posts and even then... i missed one (sorry mod)

My first post was jest, I had no intentions of revealing my lover but then others started to do it so I assumed it was ok.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by dramonic »

For future reference, votecounts will be once every page, barring a hammer. If I don't get a post on a page I'll edit the votecount in the
LAST POST
of the page.
[/color]
I'm a hoot
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by Chaco »

If you directly copied and pasted it, the names would've been included. When you changed you would have HAD to purposefully delete the names, there's no two ways about it.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by SensFan »

This is what it looks like if you actually copy-paste:
Chaco #
11-10-2009 08:43 PM ET (US)

Sup Sens?
Sens #
11-11-2009 01:13 AM ET (US)

Not much. You?
Chaco #
11-11-2009 06:58 AM ET (US)

Just sick. So anything you want to know, need me to know before we start?
Sens #
11-11-2009 12:30 PM ET (US)

Don't post until I do when the thread opens. Trust me, I have a plan.
Chaco #
11-11-2009 08:59 PM ET (US)

Care to enlighten or are we going about this blindly?

Chaco #
11-12-2009 04:59 PM ET (US)

So you're essentially saying we can quote you and auto clear ourself? Not cool.
Yours does not look like that, at all.

*Note that where ever there is a pound sign, I edited out the post-number associated with the post, to avoid showing where and how often the Mod posted, based on the gaps in numbers.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by DeathNote »

ok well, don't lynch me until Yankee gets his say in because your essentially lynching both of us.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by SensFan »

How, specifically, did you copy-paste it?

Did you actually just click and drag to highlight the diaglogue, because that might explain the fact yours doesn't have names?

(Please, dear God, no one else so much as comment on this post until he does.)

Return to “Completed Open Games”