Mini 867- TTGL Mafia: GAME OVER: Roles posted.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Jahudo wrote: One solution I'm hoping for is a role to take care of the situation, like a cop or vig, but if I feel there is no better lynch at deadline I will join her wagon. I don't have a reason to believe she is town, but I have reasons to place other people ahead of her in my scumlist.
Eh. A cop should never, ever investigate a useless lurker. That's just a waste of a cop investigation; if the person comes up guilty, then it's worthless because they would have been lynched anyway, and if the person comes up innocent, then the cop ends up having to claim and probably get nightkilled just in order to prevent a useless lurker from being lynched.

If someone's a useless lurker, you don't waste a cop investigation on them; most cop investigations will come up innocent, so it's best to use them on people who will actually be useful if they become a confirmed innocent. It's better to just lynch them and investigate someone else.
Yosarian2 wrote:Your attacks, your whole behavior today, really seems off to me, Jahudo.
What about my attacks?
[/quote]

Most of them kind of seem to be coming out of left field. Your original reaction to the Seraphim claim seemed a little strange to me. You also went through kind of a weird thought process in trying to figure out who made that day-kill, in a way that didn't really seem town to me; it seems like you're assuming the daykiller would come on, post in the thread, and make the day-kill at exactly the same time, when of course, if the second daykiller is scum, it would have made more sense for him or her to make the daykill without posting so as to be less conspicuous. Based on that weird logic, you then decided the daykiller had to be "Cobalt, Monkey, or Yos", and you've been sticking to that ever since.

I'm also getting a vibe that you were trying to manipulate me into getting into a fight with Monkey and/or Snow_Bunny, by trying to force me to create a case against them; I'm really wondering if you were trying to stir up a fight there, possibly to derail me from attacking Xofelf.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Chaco »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Chaco wrote:Yos seems rather adamant about me using my ability D1.
(nods) Yeah. I think you're town, but honestly, the only use your ability has is that it's testable. Otherwise, giving the ability to someone to end the day early without a majority lynch is probably much more likely to hurt the town then help it, even if that ability is in the hands of a pro-town person. (For evidence, see: every Bad Idea mafia game ever.)
The only true good use I can think of is in a sure environment such as endgame, however, I will not hold out that long. And will oblige to lynch at L-2.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Chaco »

72 hours for Jebus~

Maybe he'll post now!

More like 120. I'll prod him. Sorry about not handling it sooner
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:49 am

Post by Vi »

Jahudo: Is xofelf a "good lynch"?

Yos2: Is Cobalt (not Chaco) a "good lynch"?

Chaco: Could you clarify more about the flavor behind your role?

I'm honestly agreeing more with Yos2 atm. Then again, it's difficult to scumhunt in this game because literally half of the living players are either lurking or being useless, including both of the people that are being argued about between Jahudo and Yos2.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:57 am

Post by Vi »

I changed my mind.
Chaco doesn't need to answer the question I just asked.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:12 am

Post by Jahudo »

Xof's lack of content is not a scumtell in my opinion. I see it as a playstyle tell. Really I can't find a single scum or town tell on the girl. Lynching her before I have a reason to think she is scum (besides random odds) make it a bad lynch for me right now.

Vi, didn't you say yourself that we're getting what we should expect from xof? I know we shouldn't excuse her for that, but how sure are you that this is a good lynch for finding scum?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:28 am

Post by Vi »

Jahudo 480 wrote:Vi, didn't you say yourself that we're getting what we should expect from xof? I know we shouldn't excuse her for that, but how sure are you that this is a good lynch for finding scum?
Based on what I've randomly skimmed of her other games, yes.
The conjecture then becomes: If the game is half-full of people who should be mass-vigged, and f-light is the bastard mod we all want her to be and Jebus gets replaced without further consideration, then xofelf is the one who is acting LEAST like a Townie in that she's putting forth the least useful effort. But she AtEs well.
Or is Cobalt worse?

EDIT: Holy cats.
@mod: Cobalt last posted here six days ago. Where are you?

@mod: Seraphim last posted here six days ago. What are you doing?

With Jebus that's almost a lynching majority not playing this game just on the activity count, and it IS a lynching majority not playing this game based on content.
Seriously?

/me has been lazy. I'm sorry, I'll get right on that.

EDIT: Also, Kamina Hijiri?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:43 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Prods have been given to Seraphim, Cobalt, and Jebus over the past 24 hours.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:31 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Jahudo wrote:Xof's lack of content is not a scumtell in my opinion. I see it as a playstyle tell. Really I can't find a single scum or town tell on the girl. Lynching her before I have a reason to think she is scum (besides random odds) make it a bad lynch for me right now.

Vi, didn't you say yourself that we're getting what we should expect from xof? I know we shouldn't excuse her for that, but how sure are you that this is a good lynch for finding scum?
The Xof wagon is not necessarily because she has a definate scumtell, it's because here play is anti-town. If she's not going to do anything useful, she should be lynched.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:12 am

Post by Vi »

Vi wrote:
EDIT: Also, Kamina Hijiri?
S/HE DIED FOR YOUR SINS
and hir own too BUT THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT

It's still amazing.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Vi wrote: Yos2: Is Cobalt (not Chaco) a "good lynch"?
Eh, I'm not really suspicious of Cobalt at the moment. He's been reasonably active (albiet with mostly short one or two line posts, but at least they've been game-relevant posts and he's been posting them every day), his suspicions so far this game generally seem reasonable and understandable to me, as do his reactions to different things going on in the game. Jahudo is right that Cobalt voting an unlynchable is a little odd, but to me it looks like an understandable reaction to Cobalt's frustration with Seraphim's "Hey, let me confirm my role, ok now I'm confirmed so I don't need to post any more" lurking behavior. We're obviously not going to lynch Seraphim again, but I'm never going to criticize someone for trying to get a lurker to post.

I wouldn't say I have a strong town read on Cobalt yet or anything, but he wouldn't be in any list of my top suspects at the moment.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

EBWOP: To be clear, Cobalt WAS reasonably active from the start of the game until Wednesday of last week, when he suddenly vanished. Hopefully he'll respond to the prod and we'll hear back from him soon.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Chaco »

Vi wrote:I changed my mind.
In all honesty, it could clarify quite a bit, and I believe it could help. Know or then would be the key.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Vi »

Chaco 487 wrote:
Vi wrote:I changed my mind.
In all honesty, it could clarify quite a bit, and I believe it could help. Know or then would be the key.
If you like, you may.
It occurred to me when I made that post that I should have asked about the flavor behind a Miller claim sooner - but because of your ability claim, there's no need to attempt to verify your flavor at this time.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Chaco »

I'll save it for now then. It could prove quite useful later.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:21 am

Post by Vi »

*griping about the activity in this game goes here*

Chaco is Town.
I'm Town.
In a surprise twist, Snow_Bunny is Town. (reasons, ongoing game, etc.)
One of Yos2 and Jahüdo is likely Town. (this needs further testing, but etc.)

Assuming three scum, if there is just one scum slot in the active players then there would be two in the
in
active players. (and MonkeyMan)

Seraphim is a tested Unlynchable and I sense he's not scum anyway.
That leaves two scum in the remaining four players.
Therefore punishing a lurker at this point is probably going to be more profitable than lynching one of the active players.

There's one key thing xofelf said that I'm caught my interest, hence why I initially put Jebus higher on my lynch list. I'll see if it surfaces again.

For now all I can do is watch the
deadline
tick down and wait impatiently for the replacements or to see our favorite post: "Behind, will catch up soon".
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:18 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Well, Vi, how do you feel for a MM lynch? In fact, who do you want to see lynched today?

How do you feel about your weight? Bet you wish you could lynch the incredible amount of excess fat you carry, lardass!
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Jahudo »

Jebus' lurking is uncharacteristic of my experiences with him where he was town (Mafia 86, Martyr Mafia). And he's posting in other games while ignoring this one. @Jebus: What are you doing?

I'd support a Monkey, Cobalt or Jebus lynch.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:30 am

Post by Vi »

Snow_Bunny 491 wrote:Well, Vi, how do you feel for a MM lynch? In fact, who do you want to see lynched today?
I don't know; I would have to reread.
However, I think hitting a lurker would be the best option statistically.

As far as WHICH lurker goes, ideally we could figure that out with what we know now and some meta/extra knowledge. The latter is what I'm waiting on from xofelf. My meta on Jebus is, for the moment, inconclusive (although I'm not sure what Jahudo is talking about with Jebus not lurking as Town; see his exceptional Town performance here). I don't know much about Cobalt and I'm not good at reading MonkeyMan.

So if you made me pick now, I would feel best about a Cobalt lynch.

Anything further than what I just said OTH will have to come tonight when I'm not running out the door.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Jahudo »

Jebus was fairly active day 1 in Kirby Mafia, had some bursts of activity in Mafia 86 and was a complete spammer in Martyr Mafia. Martyr was a more recent game whereas the other two happened when he was still new, which is why I still think he's playing uncharacteristically.

I'm not taking into effect content vs non-content posts. Just activity.

Kirby Mafia
25 posts over 39 game days = .64 posts per day
Night 1 = Oct. 11, 12, 13

Mafia 86
48 posts over 102 game days = .47 posts per day
Night 1 = Oct. 7, 8, 9
Night 2 = Oct. 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
Night 3 = Dec. 8, 9, 10, 11
Night 4 = Jan. 18

Martyr Mafia
103 posts over 75 game days = 1.37 posts per day
Night 1 = Feb. 22, 23, 24
Night 2 = Mar 27, 28, 29, 30

Gurren Lagann
8 posts over 19 game days = .42 posts per day
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:07 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

If Jebus continues to post just barely enough to not be replaced, I wouldn't mind lynching him. I still think xofelf's behavior is even worse.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:06 am

Post by Chaco »

Xofelf pretty much just refuses. I'd go there.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:26 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Btw, aren't we, like, close to deadline?

Well, you vapid, lifeless, bitch, if you read the votecounts which actually aren't too infrequent for an FL game, you'd know that deadline hits in a little less than 4 days. FURTHER, if a stupid cow like you bothered to read the rules, you'd know you could vote on an extension of one week.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:39 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Snow_Bunny wrote:Btw, aren't we, like, close to deadline?
(checks rules)

Yeah, you're right. It says 21 days, which I think means we only have until this saturday.

Pro tip. Deadline is shown in EVERY VOTECOUNT. I'll dispense insults when I get back from choir btw
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Vi »

Jahudo 494 wrote:Jebus was fairly active day 1 in Kirby Mafia, had some bursts of activity in Mafia 86 and was a complete spammer in Martyr Mafia. Martyr was a more recent game whereas the other two happened when he was still new, which is why I still think he's playing uncharacteristically.
I can buy that. Plus he IS avoiding this thread.

Either one works for me then.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”