Newbie 848 - The Bunny Mafia Family - over finally!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Netopalis »

Er. the vote yesterday. Blech.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #6 of Day 2

Haylen (2) <-~ MichelSableheart, Bwian
Sposh (2) <-~ Jase, Haylen

Not voting (4) <-~ Nachomamma8, Vel-Rahn Koon, Netopalis, Sposh

With 8 alive, 5 will do it.

[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Netopalis »

Oh, forgot to vote.

\vote: Haylen
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Sposh »

Vote: Haylen

She's now at L1. I don't think ANYONE SHOULD HAMMER UNTIL VEL RAN KOON (SP?) HAS A CHANCE TO CATCH UP.
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:37 am

Post by Haylen »

*sigh*

Claim: VT

I DONT THINK ANYONE SHOULD HAMMER.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Haylen »

why are you voting me, Splosh?

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Haylen »

Actually, you insult me. I'm a much better scum player than you are suggesting.

Neto, as an experienced player, if Nacho had been scum, I would have bussed him and therefore hammered him. Which would suggest to everybody else that i was town because I wouldn't have wanted to lynch my buddy, no?

On the other hand, if Nacho had been town, I would have wanted him lynched as scum, wouldn't I? Cause it would mean another town death.

The logic behind the case on me isnt very good.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Netopalis »

Nacho's alignment doesn't matter. It's a very convenient play for you as scum - you refuse to lynch on principle, then if he's lynched the next day and is town, you point to it and say "Oh, why would I have done THAT if I was scum?"

As an experienced player, you also know that no lynch on D1 hurts town significantly. Therefore, I fail to see why I should take experience into account in evaluating your play.

Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:30 am

Post by Jase »

I'm back now. I'll read up on what I missed while I was gone in a few hours but for now I need to unpack and generally get settled in again.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:02 am

Post by Haylen »

Neto wrote: Therefore, I fail to see why I should take experience into account in evaluating your play.
Because you should.

This is how I play as scum: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0

PS: Neto, you lost. ^.^

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Netopalis »

Exciting.

Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Jase »

Netopalis wrote:I missed the second point by Michael, and that is a valid one. However, I feel that one of our biggest problems right now is that we really don't have any way of narrowing it down. Almost any player in the game could be construed to be scum right now, and practically any kill by the mafia would help us.
3 players were my top suspects. I said that I got a town read on the other players, I didn't exculpate them from any suspicion. Bronco has been prodded and will probably be replaced.
I disagree with this. There are a few players who I think are helpful to the town, and while nobody is cleared yet, there are also players where it is very unlikely for a case to be made. I'm of the opinion that we should try to make a lynch today so we don't lost one of our most pro town players needlessly. I think it's pretty obviously wrong what you say. All players are not equally scummy. Comments?
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:13 am

Post by Jase »

Haylen wrote:Like I have said to many other people on this site. I have a very unique playstyle. And I'm not changing it for anyone, cause in the end I'm always right. Sometimes I don't like to post straight away, I like to take a step back and observe what's going on to try and get a deeper understanding of things and make good conclusions.

Because people aren't being active, this process is taking longer. And people forcing me to post, just distracts my thought process.

I still think michel is scum, and possibly bronco too. Jase im trying to work out.
The problem is not if you can accurately detect scum, it's that your playstyle is one that would be beneficial to scum. Also, would you please rehash why you think michel and bronco are/might be scum?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Haylen »

I will post why I think Michel is scum tomorrow, I never said i thought Bronco was scum so your trick questions has failed. Which begs the questions: Why try to trick anyway?. I have had a lost of confidence like i always do after i win a game. Going to bed now.

Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:24 am

Post by Jase »

Bwian wrote:
Netopalis (356) wrote:Also, if we're not going to wait for a Bronco replacement, perhaps we should just lynch him? I don't know of anyone who really supports his play yesterday, and he was arguably as much at fault as Haylen.
Remind me, who besides Haylen wasn't voting day one?

Incognito's Final Vote Count of Day 1 (243) wrote: Nachomamma8 (3) <-~ foilist13, Bwian, Sposh
TheBeanBurrito (4) <-~ MichelSableheart, Jase, Nachomamma8, broncofaninmd

Not voting (2) <-~ TheBeanBurrito, Haylen
I hadn't noticed this, bronco was on one of the major wagons yet you say he was as much at fault for the no-lynch as haylen? I don't like what you're doing here.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Jase »

Bwian wrote:
Netopalis wrote:I'll make a post in a bit, I need to get caught up. Although I can say right now, Bwian, you can't expect to hold me liable for The Bean Burrito's lack of a vote Day 1. It was due to inactivity and was before I was replaced. Had I been here, I would have been supporting a lynch.
Why should bronco be held liable for the actions of your predecessor?

Since you are the same role card with your predecessor we are going to associate you with him. I havn't said you personally didn't vote, but the lack of vote wasn't on bronco but the one who held your role card.
I might agree with you here, but the lack of vote was almost certainly due to lack of activity.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:30 am

Post by Jase »

Haylen wrote:
Jase
: I can't comment until I know how many games you have played and your experience level. I know the others, roughly, cause I'm taking into account experience levels when I'm making my judgements.
I've been in two games that have gone to completion and two that have not. Do you want me to link you to them?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:32 am

Post by Netopalis »

Jase: If you notice, a few pages ago, I repudiated those comments and came around to the lynch-on wagon.

Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Jase »

Haylen wrote:Actually, you insult me. I'm a much better scum player than you are suggesting.

Neto, as an experienced player, if Nacho had been scum, I would have bussed him and therefore hammered him. Which would suggest to everybody else that i was town because I wouldn't have wanted to lynch my buddy, no?

On the other hand, if Nacho had been town, I would have wanted him lynched as scum, wouldn't I? Cause it would mean another town death.

The logic behind the case on me isnt very good.
If we had lynched nacho and he flipped scum you being on the wagon wouldn't have said much because it's a fairly obvious move for scum to get on the wagon of their buddy if they think he's doomed.

If you were scum and knew nacho was town you might want him lynched, but a no lynch leaves the town floundering for information so that would have been good for scum to.

Also I'm not sure but I think that might be WIFOM (I can never seem to nail it down).
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Jase »

Haylen wrote:I will post why I think Michel is scum tomorrow, I never said i thought Bronco was scum so your trick questions has failed. Which begs the questions: Why try to trick anyway?. I have had a lost of confidence like i always do after i win a game. Going to bed now.
Uh, you should look at the quote more closely. You said you thought michel was scum and possible bronco too.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:43 am

Post by Jase »

Netopalis wrote:Jase: If you notice, a few pages ago, I repudiated those comments and came around to the lynch-on wagon.
So then you agree that all players are not equally scummy? And what about your statement that bronco could've been said to be just as much at fault as haylen? That, like your earlier statement, is pretty obviously wrong.

Also, sorry for all the posts in a row. Just wanted to make sure I didn't forget to respond to anything so I posted as soon as I saw something I wanted to comment on while I was reading up.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Netopalis »

Oh, I agreed before that not ALL players were equally scummy, just that almost all players in this game are scummy.

As for Bronco's fault D1...Looking back, maybe not AS MUCH, but certainly at fault for being a pathetic bump.

Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Jase »

And Finally...

Confirm Vote: Sposh

He's changing his opinion over and over without contributing much, if at all.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:53 am

Post by Jase »

Netopalis wrote:Oh, I agreed before that not ALL players were equally scummy, just that almost all players in this game are scummy.

As for Bronco's fault D1...Looking back, maybe not AS MUCH, but certainly at fault for being a pathetic bump.
Ok so maybe I have a bit more to say.

I can think of at least two players off the top of my head that would be bad to lose. Especially for no reason. Also, just to be perfectly clear, are you still in favor of a no lynch?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:55 am

Post by Netopalis »

I am not in favor of a no lynch. I explicitly stated so a few posts ago and a few pages ago.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”