Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

SerialClergyman wrote:DDD, you were obvtown to me, which is good, but your tunneling on your first read despite massive, gamechanging posts from me was both frustrating and dangerous. If cam hadn't died we might ahve been in trouble.

But your decision at the end was top notch, I'm defintiely glad there was no real push to lynch Socrates, one of the only two vanilla claims left.
I did start to lose confidence in your lynch at the end of the day, hence why I mentioned mathcam as being a better lynch. But frankly even if you were town I needed to see you dead because my prior suspicions would've probably wrecked us if we ended up in LYLO together. Had to play my gut instincts and had to protect my town reads (charter and Raskol) and your death combined 'em both in the most efficient way for me.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:20 pm

Post by Raskol »

If I remember, we had this discussion in MD already, Sens, and you didn't have much to say there.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:20 pm

Post by charter »

Holy crap! Just read the scum QT. Hoopla, you are a diabolical mastermind! That was ridiculous. I've tried using codes as scum before, but it was like 'if I start a post with Ummm, it means bus'.

I wouldn't have shared that quicktopic and recycled that, or at least edited it out or something. That would be really useful in the future. Now I want to go invent some kind of code like that.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by Raskol »

And yes, the code was a great idea, and I'll probably be using something similar in my future scum games.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

SC, you have way too much energy and enthusiasm for this game.
Tell my other neglected games that :P

Charter can testify - I just need to get drawn in. In the /inv I posted 3 or 4 times on D1, but slowly got into the game and became ridiculously active. Same here, I went for long times with low activity because I just couldn't get any traction on my reads. As soon as my theory began and I started to feel I was onto something, I wrote a thesis every post.

I felt innocuous most of the game. KK nominated me for a best new player scummy somewhere aroudn the start of the D3 and I PMed him saying I was surprised given how awfully I was playing in his modded game. I was very, very gratified to learn that my theory, despite it's humble evidence, was dead on the money.

I don't agree with Sens, btw. If there's no policy argument, I think it's not optimal to say under any circumstaces vote self-hammer.
I'm old now.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Hoopla wrote:Hey kublai, did you ever find out who Haramafuji was?
Man, that was weird...

I had this series of PMs with him before he vanished:
Kublai Khan wrote:Hey Harumafuji,

Two questions:

Are you capable of communicating clearly in english?

Are you an alt account of another poster?
Harumafuji wrote:Hey KK.

Yes, I'm a gimmick alt. I write my posts normally as I would in any other game, then run each sentence through "http://www.translationparty.com" before posting. (except for votes, FoSes, etc).
Kublai Khan wrote:Hmm.. okay. I suspected as much.

As long as you seem to be playing to your win condition of trying to eliminate all threats to the town, I guess it's not my place to tell you *how* to play.
Harumafuji wrote:Check the other game I'm playing.
Kublai Khan wrote:Link?
Then nothing. I'm pretty glad that SerialClergyman didn't continue the gimmick. I've seen people impose post-restrictions on themselves as a possible gambit. I reasoned that maybe he was doing it as a townie to trick scum into NKing him?

I never learned who it was. Good riddance, I guess.

I was a little sad that le Chat disappeared. He was a little green to the conventions of this site, but I think he had potential to be a really good player.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by Hoopla »

charter wrote:Holy crap! Just read the scum QT. Hoopla, you are a diabolical mastermind! That was ridiculous. I've tried using codes as scum before, but it was like 'if I start a post with Ummm, it means bus'.

I wouldn't have shared that quicktopic and recycled that, or at least edited it out or something. That would be really useful in the future. Now I want to go invent some kind of code like that.
The thing is, we didn't really use it much, because we weren't ever under pressure. I found myself agreeing with whatever new position Cyberbob would take as the right way to play. Talking for the sake of talking seemed pointless - I think we had a good unexplained understanding of each other's play, which is more important. I'd like to be scum with Cyberbob again.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:28 pm

DDD - you make a fair point, but my play in the secondh alf of D3 was much much different.

That and when I specifically asked you about lylo you said essentially zero chance of changing your mind - that was when I knew I, you or scum had to die.

But as I said, you were obvtown, and at least your honesty and self-recognition of yoru position allowed us to make a decision that set us up for a win in lylo. :)
I'm old now.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:44 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Hoopla wrote:The thing is, we didn't really use it much, because we weren't ever under pressure. I found myself agreeing with whatever new position Cyberbob would take as the right way to play. Talking for the sake of talking seemed pointless - I think we had a good unexplained understanding of each other's play, which is more important. I'd like to be scum with Cyberbob again.
<3

Funny thing about this game - I really didn't find myself having to fake many of my positions, at least in the sense that I wouldn't have held them if I was town.

I also do agree with charter about self-voting.
In hindsight
unvoting Raskol was the "right" thing to do, because he was town, but with the information at hand he was being unbelievably scummy.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:00 pm

Post by Socrates »

Mmm... I wasn't exactly the paragon of pro-town play when I came in, with all of my scum reads on townies. I guess I still need to get better at reading people.

One thing I don't get is why Cyberbob and Hoopla picked me as their mislynch target instead of Raskol. There was heavy evidence in favor of me being prob-town and there were multiple players who would have jumped on a Raskol lynch in a heartbeat. Was I acting scummy at the end of day 3 or something?

I also find it funny that scum would probably have won if they had just claimed Vanilla, or gone 1/1 on power roles, as people would probably have a harder time buying DDD's role if there wasn't other, more out of place roles like JOAT, and if they were going to try to pick a scum out of vanilla claims once again Raskol looked likely.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:08 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Socrates wrote:One thing I don't get is why Cyberbob and Hoopla picked me as their mislynch target instead of Raskol. There was heavy evidence in favor of me being prob-town and there were multiple players who would have jumped on a Raskol lynch in a heartbeat. Was I acting scummy at the end of day 3 or something?
It was a spur-of-the-moment decision brought on by momentary panic and DDD's role apparently having been bought so well by charter.
Socrates wrote:I also find it funny that scum would probably have won if they had just claimed Vanilla, or gone 1/1 on power roles, as people would probably have a harder time buying DDD's role if there wasn't other, more out of place roles like JOAT, and if they were going to try to pick a scum out of vanilla claims once again Raskol looked likely.
Thank you for this stunning revelation.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by Socrates »

Looking at the scum QuickTopic, Cyberbob, was your ignorance of popcorn style and me having already claimed faked? They were both mentioned in there.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:11 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Socrates wrote:Looking at the scum QuickTopic, Cyberbob, was your ignorance of popcorn style and me having already claimed faked? They were both mentioned in there.
No (why would I fake that?) and sort of.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:13 pm

Post by Socrates »

No (why would I fake that?) and sort of.
I don't know, I just thought it was weird how Hoopla had mentioned Popcorn in the QuickTopic but when it came up in thread you didn't know what it was.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:20 pm

Post by Raskol »

Cyberbob wrote:with the information at hand he was being unbelievably scummy.
Bah. I remember people saying so, but I also remember challenging people at the time on multiple occasions to explain why, and no one was able to bring a case against me that couldn't be dismantled in 5 minutes by a 5th grader.

I really do think it was simply a case where people really did just let an unthinking kneejerk reaction govern their play. In a sense, I expected that, but I also expected people to be more swayed by the fact that they'd be completely unable to justify their reactions.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:51 pm

Post by Talitha »

Can anyone point to another mod error please? I want to start the game over with the same players!

I haven't followed along 100% but pretty impressed with everyone who played the game to the (or their) end. The replacements were all fantastic, thank you so much.

Thanks for a brilliantly modded game, KK.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:28 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Talitha wrote:Can anyone point to another mod error please? I want to start the game over with the same players!

I haven't followed along 100% but pretty impressed with everyone who played the game to the (or their) end. The replacements were all fantastic, thank you so much.

Thanks for a brilliantly modded game, KK.
Sorry for killing you so early, I remember Cyberbob wanting to go after someone else. I just had a niggling feeling you might have gone after me for some reason. Part of the reason was also a kill that didn't draw any obvious ties with us, which strengthened our position, considering we both bussed Peabody really hard.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:40 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

I wanted to kill le Chat. :P
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:49 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Cyberbob wrote:I wanted to kill le Chat. :P
We so should of.

I'm surprised how right I was at guessing the powerroles:
As for my roleblock, I'm going to use it on Sens. I'm 60% sure he's a powerrole. When we were discussing the possibility of a 2:10 set-up, he seemed adament this game couldn't be balanced with 10 town. This implies he has some sort of powerful role that would not work with a 2:10 set-up. I'm thinking vig or cop. See post 526 by Sens for reference.
I'm not getting powerrole vibes from mathcam, to be honest.

Charter or le Chat would be my next picks for powerroles - probably favouring le Chat. I don't know if it's a playstyle thing, but he tends to lay low, not offend anyone, and stay out of the limelight. Plus he looks quite town.

I think we should kill and roleblock Sens and le Chat - I don't know which for which though. I like the idea of killing Sens for the Vaya WIFOM aspect.
Sens, was your discussion about the set-up and possibility of a 2:10 (here) influenced by your role at all, or was I imagining things?
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:55 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Thriller finish, and good ending. Good job town :) Once again sorry for being only a burden in this game.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:21 pm

Don't be like that, Cathart - you played fine. We should be blamed for lynching you :D
I'm old now.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:16 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I forgot to thank Peabody. He took being bussed that hard very well, and didn't leave any obvious ties with myself or Cyberbob. The wifom gambit was an interesting play that looked like it could have worked, but it ended up hindering us, unfortunately. Like I said here;
Hoopla wrote:
CoCo wrote: My theory is scum may have planned for such a thing. "If you get lynched, name a townie as scumbuddy."
I think that's a pretty stupid theory. If scum were going to plan for possible D1 scenarios, surely claiming a powerrole to prevent your own lynch and/or out another would be a better outcome for them. Claiming a scumbuddy guarentees your lynch and not necessarily a mislynch the next day. Claiming a powerrole can get a mislynch D1, and possibly out another role.

It's safe to assume it was a renegade gambit by a new player, thinking it was the right thing to do. Peabody's stable demeanor does not suggest a bitter player trying to ruin the game for a partner.
It was never planned, and I'd have preferred Peabody going for a cop claim, which would have probably bought him an extra day, and the chance for him to claim a guilty on someone else tomorrow. He still did a good job though.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:50 am

Post by SensFan »

Hoopla wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:I wanted to kill le Chat. :P
We so should of.

I'm surprised how right I was at guessing the powerroles:
As for my roleblock, I'm going to use it on Sens. I'm 60% sure he's a powerrole. When we were discussing the possibility of a 2:10 set-up, he seemed adament this game couldn't be balanced with 10 town. This implies he has some sort of powerful role that would not work with a 2:10 set-up. I'm thinking vig or cop. See post 526 by Sens for reference.
I'm not getting powerrole vibes from mathcam, to be honest.

Charter or le Chat would be my next picks for powerroles - probably favouring le Chat. I don't know if it's a playstyle thing, but he tends to lay low, not offend anyone, and stay out of the limelight. Plus he looks quite town.

I think we should kill and roleblock Sens and le Chat - I don't know which for which though. I like the idea of killing Sens for the Vaya WIFOM aspect.
Sens, was your discussion about the set-up and possibility of a 2:10 (here) influenced by your role at all, or was I imagining things?
Ummm...in a sense, you were wrong. At least, you totally mis-guessed that it was a good idea to kill me, or roleblock me.

And no, it wasn't. 2:10 is balanced in theory with no power at all, and I doubted that (even with my basically-vanilla role) KK would have made a mountaneous game.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by Peabody »

Wowie! Great games guys.

I thought for sure that Cyberbob's bus on me would give him some easy sailing. This was true until the mass roleclaim.

Good job town for a job well done. Kublai, thanks for modding this game, it was really a great game!
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Post by Raskol »

to prevent the MD thread from getting sidetracked, response to SC's post goes here:

Well, that's actually what I started out doing, if you'll remember. My first couple of posts were pure case on my top suspect. Then I got attacked hard for not doing a full PBPA and it escalated from there. I probably got a little overheated, but I did plenty of scumhunting---as much or more than anyone else in the thread at the time, in fact (whether or not I was right about my targets is another story).

I don't think it's fair to call my votes OMGUS, anyway. It's true that some of the people I attacked were attacking me, but I didn't attack anyone just for being on my wagon, nor did I attack everyone on my wagon. What I did was point out incredibly scummy votes and people who were pushing me based on terrible cases and personal grudges. I had other evidence on my targets as well, from voting records to scum connections---many of which hadn't been brought up before.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”