Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:37 am

Post by Raskol »

Well, I will say at least this: it has a much better chance of helping our position if I don't explain how it helps our position.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:39 am

Post by Raskol »

Actually, let me say one more thing: the only scenario in which no lynch doesn't turn into a town auto-win leaves us off no worse than we are now.

And that's seriously going to be it.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:41 am

Post by Hoopla »

Raskol wrote:Well, I will say at least this: it has a much better chance of helping our position if I don't explain how it helps our position.
So, we just go out on a limb and blindly trust you? Even if your intentions are pure, they could still be wrong and costly. And what if you were to die?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:52 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Here's how a no lynch goes: I attempt to kill Hoopla-scum. They roleblock me for a third straight time because if I die then the game is over for them and Hoopla's death also blows open the game for the town. They've built Socrates as the other lynch candidate so they'll keep him alive because his death indicts Cyberbob. Charter-doc will protect his one town read in you Raskol and then get iced himself.

So if we're going to do this we might as well do it now because I don't think that scenario helps us at all unless you've got some super-secret plan that you're not telling us.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:10 am

Post by charter »

Yeah, no lynch isn't going to help us out any.

I have a big post coming, but first Cyberbob needs to explain why he tracked who he did.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:13 am

Post by Raskol »

Well, you're right, Danny. It doesn't help us at all if it goes like that. Which is exactly why it would have been best not to let anyone know how to make it not help.

I don't think that scenario would hurt terribly if it did happen---after all, from my POV it would be exactly the way it is now, except I don't have to convince charter to go my way if it comes down to the hard choice. And after all, there's always the chance scum wouldn't have thought it through thoroughly and handed me the win.

There's not much point in doing it now, though. Scratch it.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:14 am

Post by charter »

I am also sad that Hoopla did not say what role she was last game.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:15 am

Post by charter »

Raskol wrote:Well, you're right, Danny. It doesn't help us at all if it goes like that. Which is exactly why it would have been best not to let anyone know how to make it not help.

I don't think that scenario would hurt terribly if it did happen---after all, from my POV it would be exactly the way it is now, except I don't have to convince charter to go my way if it comes down to the hard choice. And after all, there's always the chance scum wouldn't have thought it through thoroughly and handed me the win.

There's not much point in doing it now, though. Scratch it.
Frankly, I don't trust anyone who self votes to pick right at lylo. And scum would obviously have thought of that plan as well.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Hoopla »

charter wrote:I am also sad that Hoopla did not say what role she was last game.
Sorry - I was a cop. How is this helpful?
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Raskol »

So anyway, Charter and I really are cleared now. It's now pretty obvious that the scumteam is either Cyberbob/Hoopla or Danny/Socrates.

On the bright side, this means we only have to make the right choice once. After that, no need to worry overmuch about who the scumpartner is.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Hoopla »

Raskol wrote:So anyway, Charter and I really are cleared now. It's now pretty obvious that the scumteam is either Cyberbob/Hoopla or Danny/Socrates.

On the bright side, this means we only have to make the right choice once. After that, no need to worry overmuch about who the scumpartner is.
Barring an elaborate gambit by DDD where he is Cyberbob's buddy, bussing to incriminate me and set-up my lynch tomorrow - then yes, those are the only real plausible scum teams.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:28 am

Post by charter »

Hoopla wrote:
charter wrote:I am also sad that Hoopla did not say what role she was last game.
I want to know.

Also, I reread some, and I am about 90% sure Hoopla is scum. But must wait for Cyberbob first.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:30 am

Post by Hoopla »

charter wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
I want to know.

Also, I reread some, and I am about 90% sure Hoopla is scum. But must wait for Cyberbob first.
Based on what?
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Raskol »

I wouldn't mind hearing that either.

And from Danny, why he found mathcam so suspicious.

Need to hear Socrates' response to all this as well.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:31 am

Post by charter »

charter wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
I want to know.

Also, I reread some, and I am about 90% sure Hoopla is scum.
But must wait for Cyberbob first.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:50 am

Post by charter »

Hoopla, why did you investigate Sens night one?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:59 am

Post by Hoopla »

charter wrote:Hoopla, why did you investigate Sens night one?
A few reasons. I didn't like his jump on the Peabody wagon - I thought if anyone was bussing, it would probably have been his vote. He was the one that put him at L-1. Second was the way he buttered up toward me at the end of D1, every time I've played with him as town we always get into petty fights, so I found it kind of odd. And third, because I find him hard to read.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:20 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Raskol wrote:And from Danny, why he found mathcam so suspicious.
My trend analysis picked him up as highly likely scum, from there he fell into a too easy lynch on day two and seemed to be undercontributing and just content to snipe at the easy and incorrect targets of le chat and then both you and I on day three.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:26 am

Post by Socrates »

Okay, so Cyberbob is scum and in order for Raskol to be scum then {Charter, Hoopla, DDD} would all be town, which would mean 5 pro-town power roles, which seems like too many. This means that Raskol is probably town.

So one of {Charter, Hoopla, DDD} is the other scum from this perspective.

I need to think more, but based upon people's reactions to the mass claim, I am more inclined to think that DDD is town because he would have to be pulling some kind of gambit and bussing Cyberbob to be scum at this point.

I need to look at the claimed night actions again.
Raskol wrote:
Socrates wrote:Well since I am vanilla, I know for a fact that cyberbob is lying, so he must be scum to me.
How does the (supposed) fact that you're vanilla have anything to do with how
you
know that Cyberbob is lying? I mean, do you think people often think to themselves in their heads---"Wait, I'm vanilla! Cyberbob must be lying!" Or did you think: Cyberbob said I was at Hoopla's last night? Bullshit! He's lying scum!"

Also, the way you phrased this---"so he must be scum to me" is a little strange.

Overall, it sounds like you're trying to reason through what you would be thinking if you
were
a vanilla townie---not like you're reacting spontaneously
as
a vanilla townie.
Eh? My thought process was "I didn't target ANYONE last night, because I am vanilla. He is lying scum!" I didn't even read who he said I targeted at first because the mere fact that he claimed I could target is a lie. The fact that I am vanilla is proof that Cyberbob was lying.
IOW, you're approaching your vanilla-townie self as an outsider would. You posted something that I can see myself thinking
about
you---you know, from the outside. This is the kind of thought process people have when they're thinking about things they're unsure of, or that they know are fictional. It's probably my favorite "stylistic scumtell".
Dude, I need to prove it to you guys. I don't need to prove it to myself, so of course I am going to argue it from an outsider's perspective.
Interesting that he claims he tracked me to Hoopla, as this would mean he is implying that I am a scum roleblocker, or something.
I don't remember cyberbob saying anything like that, or even hinting at it. It may be implied by his posts, but he gave no sign that he recognized that.

The reason this is relevant is that of the two of you, you were the first to bring up the idea of a mafia roleblocker. You did it defensively, too. Not the greatest thing for you imo, though I don't find it as telling as the above quote.
What other role could I possibly have in the situation that cyberbob is claiming? He is saying I targeted Hoopla who's kill did not go through. Try thinking before you post.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:30 am

Post by Socrates »

charter wrote: Socrates, I protected you since you were the ONLY person no one was considering scum. You seemed like the obvious NK, and you might have been if DDD is town.
I know, I understand the logic, but remember that I had already claimed vanilla, and going into lylo they only need one suspicious person the get mislynched. It wouldn't be unreasonable for scum to attempt to kill a power role instead of me.
Hoopla wrote:
Socrates wrote:WAIT! That doesn't necessarily incriminate Hoopla as since both DDD and Hoopla have claimed blocked actions, so even if one is lying there is still probably a scum roleblocker.

Scum probably DO have a roleblocker, and Cyberbob is trying to make me out to be him. Was anyone blocked night 1? That would shoot that theory down right now, as I was roleblocked myself then.
Half the town is dead. Anyone could have been roleblocked on night 1 and taken it to the grave. Or a vanilla could have been blocked.
I know, I was just hoping that someone could say that, as it would be a big help to proving that Cyberbob is lying.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Socrates »

I wrote:
I need to think more, but based upon people's reactions to the mass claim, I am more inclined to think that DDD is town because he would have to be pulling some kind of gambit and bussing Cyberbob to be scum at this point.
Note that this also applies to charter.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:40 am

Post by Raskol »

Socrates wrote:What other role could I possibly have in the situation that cyberbob is claiming? He is saying I targeted Hoopla who's kill did not go through. Try thinking before you post.
Trust me, I did think before I posted. A bit more than you did, apparently (yet again).

You could have been a mafia doc targeting Hoopla, your scumpartner, who actually targeted mathcam and was lying about the DDD vig.

Of course, that's off the table now, with the new info that's come since then. But at the time it was a definite possibility.

I'm satisfied with your explanation as to your wording; it fits with what I expected if I was wrong.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:26 am

Post by charter »

Hoopla wrote:
charter wrote:Hoopla, why did you investigate Sens night one?
A few reasons. I didn't like his jump on the Peabody wagon - I thought if anyone was bussing, it would probably have been his vote. He was the one that put him at L-1. Second was the way he buttered up toward me at the end of D1, every time I've played with him as town we always get into petty fights, so I found it kind of odd. And third, because I find him hard to read.
Interesting. Is there any reason you didn't investigate Coco or Vaya, or vig either of those two?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:31 am

Post by charter »

Or why you repeatedly didn't vig Vaya or Coco?
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

(sorry about the delay, I went to bed after my last post and only just woke up)

In answer to your question charter:

- I tracked Cathart N1 because even though I found CoCo scummier at that time, Cathart's play was such a confusing mix of scumminess and the occasional good pro-town post that I wanted to see whether I could figure him out the most.
- N2 I (attempted to) track CoCo because I really really thought he was scum and I could tell that I was going to have a hard time convincing certain people (mathcam etc) of my case without something more solid.
- N3 I tracked Socrates because of the reasons I mentioned before: I had reasonably good reads on everyone except for him, and with us being in LyLo/No Lynch today I wanted to figure him out one way or the other. I had completely forgotten about Vaya's previous claim, but even if I had remembered I'm not sure that I still wouldn't have tracked him.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”