Newbie 841 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 am

Post by havingfitz »

Tororingu-chan wrote:
havingfitz
:arrow: His case against Pablo D2 wasn't that great. I'm more inclined to attribute that to inexperience than anything else... I've taken a look at his first game and he pretty much spend the entire time going "?????" before he got lynched! ._.
Hey! I still like my case on Pablo. And in my first game I think I did all right. I didn't lynch any town and voted for scum on Day one and therefore got NK'd due to my suspicions towards scum.
Tororingu-chan wrote:
Pablo Molinero
:arrow: I do think that his D3 attempt against PaltryExcuse and havingfitz is pretty weak, even if I don't like to lynch people for that. (But hey, I can if you guys insist it is a scumtell...) He somehow gets it from somewhere that both scum HAD to be on the OMGLyncher wagon and therefore one of PE or fitz must be scum! o_O;; Mislynches are scum-driven? Sure, that's why DeathNote was on it... Afterwards, he goes "I'm townie because scum vote for townies."
In regards to Pablo...he has not really paid much atention to me IMO on Day three and had shifted his focus on Paltry (as evidenced by their long exchanges and the vote on Paltry). As soon as Starbuck comes in with both guns blazing on me (shooting blanks I might add)..he immediately flips back to me when Starbuck 'reminds him' of his earlier case on me...even though he had changed his opinion of me based on my case towards him
(see Post 358)
. I think the term used throughout this game is 'opportunistic scum'? Pablo thinking both scum were on the wagon only benefits him as he is the only unconfirmed player left who was not on the wagon. I would argue, and have, that it is more common for both scum to not be on a townie day one lynch. I gave examples supporting this. No one has commented on those examples. Also, his entire analysis on the day one lynch is ridiculously weak and completely self serving. His complete disregard for any stance on Almightybob is worth noting and his defense of that complete disregard is his attentions are focused on ABR. Well my attentions were focused on ABR as well (who admittedly had some good points against him, no defense for my suspicions of him, and whose posts did not impress Starbuck) and yet I found time to give my thoughts on almightybob and TC's case on him. I may very well be wrong on Pablo but I think he has the strongest case for being scum. And I might add...I have consistently felt that way for most of the game and not been wishy-washy with my votes.

On a side note....@Paltry. Someone had asked everyone what their experience was with Mafia. I couldn't find your response. Could you answer that question? Thanks.

@Starbuck...still no comments on any of my questions to you? Especially the last set in Post 539?

And last question (for this post). How do you insert a link directly to a quote? I have managed to link to a page starting with the desired quote but I think that is a work around.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:55 am

Post by havingfitz »

havingfitz wrote:On a side note....@Paltry. Someone had asked everyone what their experience was with Mafia. I couldn't find your response. Could you answer that question? Thanks.
@Paltry....disregard the question above. I found your response (to your own question in fact...d'oh!).

PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:57 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

havingfitz wrote:@Paltry. Someone had asked everyone what their experience was with Mafia. I couldn't find your response. Could you answer that question? Thanks.
It was me who asked the question, ironically enough. And I answered it in the same post:
PaltryExcuse wrote:Also, a random question aimed more at the newbies, how much experience have you at this type of mafia (forum-based)?

Personally, I only have the bit of lurking and reading other games on this forum. I've played mafia with friends, but never before on forums with people I've never met. This is my first game.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:05 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Dual post for the lose.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:15 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

Pablo Molinero - 1 (havingfitz)
havingfitz - 2 (Starbuck, Pablo Molinero)

Not Voting - 2 (PaltryExcuse, Tororingu-chan)

3 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Sunday, November 8.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:34 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

@havingfitz: Oops, were you NK'd that game? sorry, I don't really remember. ^_^;; All I know is that you were still figuring things out and you played much less aggressively!
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:52 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Here’s how I see things at this point:

Day 1
: Pablo and Fitz act a bit odd, and find each other scummy. Fitz’s actions, i.e. the odd voting habits, are much more scummy the Pablo’s odd starting behaviour. Fitz seems to go with the town on this one, and uses ‘what the town wants’ as an excuse for his actions. 1-0, Fitz to lynch.

Day 2
: Pablo vs. Fitz… not much to say that hasn’t been said already. It IS, however, odd to not comment on case going on around you of the magnitude of Bob vs. T-chan. Every active person except Pablo commented on the case, including two (fitz and ABR) who were pointing at others. This is distancing and possibly deliberately distracting, IMO. 1-1, tie game.

Day 3
: Fitz’s opening comment is a common scum-tell according to the wiki. Pablo only votes me because of the case on him. However, the timing is just a little bit wonky. I am only scummy because of my case? And you’re willing to start a lynch on me so early in the day when you’re only 60-40? The final kicker was this:
It starts in post 447, where I question why your case on fitz has no bearing. Despite you quoting it in post 449, it goes unheeded. Magically, your faith in your own case is refurbished upon Starbuck’s acknowledgement. 2-1, Pablo to lynch.

Vote: Pablo Molinero
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:01 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

I'm still not convinced that havingfitz is scummier than Pablo.... @_@;;

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:12 am

Post by Starbuck »

Thanks for waiting for me to reply to him. Started my new semester this week and had my Physical Readiness Test for the Navy.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:42 am

Post by havingfitz »

Tororingu-chan wrote:I'm still not convinced that havingfitz is scummier than Pablo.... @_@;;

I just hope we're right on Pablo and he flips scum since Starbuck has her sights locked on me and if she's forced to choose between me and Paltry on day four....Paltry will have played a good game and scum will be in line to win.

BTW Starbucks...you mentioned the military in an earlier post and now you are telling us you're in the Navy (which of course is already obvious from your profile)) . Wouldn't bringing your military service into the game be considered introducing an outside alliance? I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I'm just genuinely curious for basic knowledge and since you aren't the only military member in the game.

Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:31 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

.... Nope, you guys are going into LyLo. Good luck, Starbuck.

T-c, we'll be having words after the game.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:51 am

Post by Starbuck »

Why would the fact that I'm in the Navy (and have been for the past 6 years) have anything to do with an online forum game?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:16 am

Post by havingfitz »

Starbuck wrote:Why would the fact that I'm in the Navy (and have been for the past 6 years) have anything to do with an online forum game?
You really do have a hard time answering questions from me...don't you Starbuck. As evidenced by a question for an answer and the several outstanding questions I have towards you. If you don't want to give me your interpretation of a game rule just say so. Like I said...I was just curious why your military affiliation was something that needed mentioned in the game and if you
(or VRK for that matter)
thought it was allowed within the game.

Hopefully you don't have the same problem with requests from me that you do with questions.

-- If Pablo is being truthful with his last post...at least give me the courtesy of making my case on Paltry before you go through with your chiseled in stone vote for me.

I'll wait to go to the trouble until VRK confirms but we have all put too much effort into this game to see it go down as a quick loss to scum.

Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:19 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

havingfitz wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Why would the fact that I'm in the Navy (and have been for the past 6 years) have anything to do with an online forum game?
You really do have a hard time answering questions from me...don't you Starbuck. As evidenced by a question for an answer and the several outstanding questions I have towards you. If you don't want to give me your interpretation of a game rule just say so. Like I said...I was just curious why your military affiliation was something that needed mentioned in the game and if you
(or VRK for that matter)
thought it was allowed within the game.
...No really, why the hell should it matter?
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Starbuck »

You are definitely trying to start up an issue where there isn't one. Most people that play with me regularly know that I'm in the military and that I'm currently stationed in Sicily. I'm Active Duty in the United States Navy and this week was my PRT, along with the fact that I am working on my Associate's Degree on my off time as well. People do have lives outside of Mafiascum, and yes, I did not get a chance to get up my reply to you before today.

I was working on my reply to you when T-chan voted Pablo. I still haven't finished it (as I work on all my replies in Notepad) and I will reply to you after we see what Pablo flips. I definitely do not think that he is scum, and more than likely if you are, you will kill me tonight.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:03 am

Post by havingfitz »

Pablo Molinero wrote:...No really, why the hell should it matter?
Is that you Starbuck?
Starbuck wrote:You are definitely trying to start up an issue where there isn't one. Most people that play with me regularly know that I'm in the military and that I'm currently stationed in Sicily. I'm Active Duty in the United States Navy and this week was my PRT, along with the fact that I am working on my Associate's Degree on my off time as well. People do have lives outside of Mafiascum, and yes, I did not get a chance to get up my reply to you before today.

I was working on my reply to you when T-chan voted Pablo. I still haven't finished it (as I work on all my replies in Notepad) and I will reply to you after we see what Pablo flips. I definitely do not think that he is scum, and more than likely if you are, you will kill me tonight.
How am I trying to start up an issue? I'm asking for a rules interpretation from you (or VRK) in regards to bringing outside allegiances into the game? I didn't think it was allowed. It really is a simple question with no hidden agenda. Don't be so paranoid. I don't care if Pablo answers as the IC but I don't need a "why the hell from him". Asking a simplae question should get a simple answer. Try answering it first and then asking why instead of all the questions for questions.

Also..you can't be serious about you not surviving the night. That makes as much sense as you tunnelling of me. And no comment on my request?

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Starbuck »

How is what I do for a living an outside allegiance?
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

OK let's curtail this discussion for now.

fitz, I'm with Starbuck and Pablo - I have NO idea where you're getting this idea from, but no it's not disallowed. Her being in the military (or anyone being at any job for that matter) has no bearing whatsoever on the game or this website so I don't understand why you'd even consider asking.

I agree with you that Starbuck should have just answered the question outright (
hint, hint, Starbuck
) but I can see exactly why she didn't. I had the same reaction she did when I read the question.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

Pablo Molinero - 1 (havingfitz, PaltryExcuse, Tororingu-chan)

havingfitz - 2 (Starbuck, Pablo Molinero)

Not Voting - 0 ()

3 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Sunday, November 8.
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

After a bad case of hyper-focusing and tunnel vision, the town decides to lynch Pablo because...honestly, I don't remember. There was so much stuff in there my eyes glazed over pages ago :?

Pablo Molinero,
Townie
, lynched Day 3

Night has begun. Those of you with night actions must submit your choices before Tuesday, November 3.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:19 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

As expected, Toror does not survive the night. The remaining unconfirmed Council members turn their eyes towards Starbuck, and prepare their cases against one another as the fate of the town hangs in the balance.

Tororingu-chan,
Cop
, killed Night 3

Day 4 has begun. With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch. Deadline is the end of Monday, November 23.

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:36 am

Post by Starbuck »

Going back with my suspicion....
Vote: Havingfitz

Also, to address the conversation prior to Night, I really didn't know how to answer that question because I still don't get how what I do for a living would have anything to do with this game.

Leave it for after the game - from a PM from fitz it seems as it was more of a curiosity than anything.

-Vel
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:39 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Vote: havingfitz
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Final Vote Count

havingfitz - 2 (Starbuck, PaltryExcuse)

Not Voting - 1 (havingfitz)

3 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Monday, November 23.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:19 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Discussion?!? We don' need no stinkin' discussion!!!

That's what you think!

havingfitz,
Townie
, lynched Day 4

Starbuck,
Townie
, killed in Engame

PaltryExcuse
wins the game for the
Mafia
team!!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”