Gregory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:00 am

Post by Gregory »

guys, I will post more tomorrow ( a lot more I hope),
I'm too busy with school right now,

sorry
Death solves all problems - no man, no problem.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:55 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

KK wrote: Hmm.. hewitt is called out for pushing a pro-scum strategy and suddenly he is clueless about basic hider strategy. Nevermind that the hider role is detailed in the opening posts and the Hider role is detailed in the mafia wiki.
As much as I'd like to say not understanding the hider strategy is a scum-tell, game I got the idea from points to it not being a scum-tell.
I didn't particularly like this post from RayFrost. It seems he's just adding votes to someone opportunistically, especially considering SA did post content (IMO). Speaking of which,
unvote
. Definitely not enough for a vote on RF though.
dramonic wrote:So, are we doing that hypoclaim or what?
If everyone's agreed to it, I don't see why not. I'll check that after this post.

General comments about the hypoclaim
  • Don't give the same name for Night 0 and Night 1.
  • Say you hid behind someone Night 0 if and only if you did/would have hidden behind someone Night 0. Possibly obvious, but if someone who was against hiding Night 0 (a couple of people already said they wouldn't have hid) and claims a Night 0 target, it's fairly obvious that person isn't the hider.
As for the KK/scien situation, I don't particularly like either of them. A few posts ago, i would have said KK was scummier, but I liked his last post, so now I'm not so sure. Yes, I'm basically fencesitting right now.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by hewitt »

Sleepless Assassin wrote:I predict that Hewitt calls me scum in his next post because I'm a threat to him now and votes for either me or Charter.
That was a pretty silly statement. The problem with statements like this is once the player gets a chance to respond back it paints them as scum if they call out things you do as scummy and if they don't then it looks like they're playing weak. That was a nice attempt at trying to make me look bad no matter what my response is. Your points against me mean nothing to me though.
Scien wrote:As an aside to the whole Hewitt thing, I never saw a slip that suggested that he was not legitimately confused about how the hider worked. Does someone want to point me in that direction? If he was honestly confused, I can see almost every post of his making sense from someone who doesn't know the mechanics yet. And that seems to be about half Hewitt's posts.
Yeah when things confuse me sometimes I have a problem not shutting my mouth when it should be. My bad but hey at least I get it now.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:10 pm

Post by RayFrost »

DRK:

We disagree regarding SA, then. I don't really see how it (the vote) is opportunistic, considering that:

1. I was the first one to even say what I was saying (nobody even hinted at it~)

2. there aren't any other serious votes on SA (IIRC)

Do explain what you feel is so opportunistic about my vote.
don't you feel silly now?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:54 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Well, I wouldn't say my vote on him was un-serious. The fact that he could be qualified as a lurker for the most part and as soon as he made a decent post (in terms of content level), you voted him for IIoA, which, even when I try to look at it from your perspective, is a bit of a questionable charge IMO.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:33 am

Post by RayFrost »

DeathRowKitty wrote:Well, I wouldn't say my vote on him was un-serious. The fact that he could be qualified as a lurker for the most part and as soon as he made a decent post (in terms of content level), you voted him for IIoA, which, even when I try to look at it from your perspective, is a bit of a questionable charge IMO.
Do you know of ANY charges that WOULD NOT be questionable in the first 7 pages? If so, by all means do tell.

Also, the italics are
mostly
mere comments taht don't give a solid position, feel, read, etc on it.
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:24 am

Post by Scien »

Kublai Khan wrote:First, I really don't like how you're putting scummy words in my mouth. Second, I really don't like how you're putting a scummy spin on the situation.
I'm putting words in your mouth? Where?
I'm spinning what you say into a scummy light? Eh, I would say its there with no spin at all. That's why I am questioning you.

I would argue using your analogy that what you did was less calling "Hey someone call 911" to the crowd to see what reactions you got, and more calling "Hey does someone think this guy needs help" to the crowd to see if it was safe to pursue your course of action.

I'm not claiming I don't understand what you are saying about group dynamics and motives. I understand that. I just don't think that was your motive with this initial statement. It definitly sounded more like polling to me. Can you point out how it wasn't?
Khan wrote:This is just weird. I've been active and haven't dodged any questions.
Nice try, I never said you were lurking OR had dodged questions. I said I wanted to hear more from you. There is a difference.
DRK wrote:As for the KK/scien situation, I don't particularly like either of them.
Way to not explain why. Anyone can say stuff like that, but its not helpful unless you back it up.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:45 am

Post by charter »

Ok, this game is already stagnant. Bandwagon on Hewitt to revive it. The other acceptable target is DRK. They are probably both scum.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:56 am

Post by dramonic »

I'm more ready for a SA bandwagon. His play is scummy and he's laying scum-questions.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:06 am

Post by charter »

I don't see where SA has asked any questions, other than "what's the plan?". What do you think of Hewitt and DRK?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:23 am

Post by dramonic »

I have no issues with keeping Hewitt alive. He's giving me a town vibe.
DRK I could understand, but he's the one who brought up the hypo-claim idea, yes?
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Scien wrote:I'm putting words in your mouth? Where?
Bolded.
Scien wrote:I understand asking the town how they feel about someone to feel out pairs, but that's not 100% accurate of what you did there. You completely layed out a case to the town and asked them if they bought it. You were not asking about Charter as much as you were asking the town
"hey, can I get away with pushing this?"
I didn't ask that at all. That's *your* spin on the situation.
Scien wrote:I'm not claiming I don't understand what you are saying about group dynamics and motives. I understand that. I just don't think that was your motive with this initial statement. It definitly sounded more like polling to me. Can you point out how it wasn't?
Look, I've stated my motives and you've stated what you think my motives are. I can't prove what my motives were any more than you can prove your wild theory. So why are you asking for a negative proof?

@charter: I'm down with a bandwagon on hewitt. He's been dodgy and unhelpful.

unvote; vote: hewitt
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Gregory
Gregory
Goon
Gregory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:46 am

Post by Gregory »

charter wrote: Now that I actually go back and look, Sleepless Assassin isn't posting a whole lot, but he's not really lurking either.
that's not the point. ray is voting him for lurking.
charter wrote: However, pressuring people who fall in to this middle ground is a solid strategy early game, so I don't see anything wrong with RayFrost's vote, other than he didn't really ask any questions to SA.
I agree, but 2 votes is overkill. the first vote should be enough. the second vote doesn't add anything. just a meaningless vote.
charter wrote: Gregory is saying that RayFrost is voting him just so Ray looks like he's doing something, but then Gregory's vote on Ray is pretty much the same thing, just voting Ray to look like he's doing something.
fair, normally, I vote very late, I did different this time.
but there is a difference
Ray is voting SA because of lurking, so He doesn't know anything of him, except that SA hasnt posted a lot.
I am voting ray because he did something meaningless. Unessecary.

I'm not saying ray is scum, I'm not keeping this vote till end of day (unless more stuff is coming) but this was only a vote to give a statement.
I could also have said something of it, and then just let it be.

KK, why do you want to wait with telling who we are going to hide behind?
Death solves all problems - no man, no problem.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:57 am

Post by charter »

Gregory, I don't know what your fixation with Ray is, but Ray was pretty specific with his reasons when he voted for SA. It wasn't lurking, it was posting information but not analyzing it, which is scummy.

What do you think of Hewitt and DRK, Gregory?
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

So you guys are saying I don't think Hewitt is scum? I voted him, looked at his posts, said why they look bad, and left my vote. Of course I think he's scum.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:05 am

Post by hewitt »

Sleepless Assassin wrote:So you guys are saying I don't think Hewitt is scum? I voted him, looked at his posts, said why they look bad, and left my vote. Of course I think he's scum.
The funny thing though is that your points against me don't even make sense. You're trying way too hard to push your vote on me with a really crappy case.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Gregory wrote:Ray is voting SA because of lurking, so He doesn't know anything of him, except that SA hasnt posted a lot.
Wasn't for lurking. Don't mix me up with DRK. Also, misrep/chainsaw is/are noted.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Sleepless Assassin wrote:So you guys are saying I don't think Hewitt is scum? I voted him, looked at his posts, said why they look bad, and left my vote. Of course I think he's scum.
You may think it wholeheartedly, but you didn't give much of a reason on it.

Looking at it from the "u r haz reasons" perspective:

1. some WIFOM

2. an accusation based off of said WIFOM

3. missing the logic anywhere that is called analysis~

also, EBWOP on previous thing:

misrep / possible chainsaw
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:39 am

Post by Kaiveran »

Octupis got a visit from the prod man.

I've been really busy and consequently haven't been able to give this game my full attention. Sorry for any inconvenience.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:45 am

Post by dramonic »

Well anyways...

If I'm hider I'll go behind Ray tonight
I'm a hoot
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:46 am

Post by RayFrost »

If I'm hider, I'll go behind KK tonight.

If I'm hider, I hid behind charter last night.
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:04 am

Post by Kaiveran »

Votecount #2: La-la-land

hewitt
- 3 - Sleepless Assassin, charter, Kublai Khan
Octupis
- 0 -
DeathRowKitty
- 0 -
Kublai Khan
- 1 - Scien
dramonic
- 0 -
charter
- 0 -
Gregory
- 0 -
Sleepless Assassin
- 1 - RayFrost
RayFrost
- 1 - Gregory
Scien
- 0 -
ekiM
- 0 -

ekiM is due for a prod as well.
Last edited by Kaiveran on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:42 am

Post by ekiM »

Crap, I can't be here this weekend. I will catch up later this evening.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:43 am

Post by ekiM »

Don't do hider hypo-claim yet.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Gregory wrote:KK, why do you want to wait with telling who we are going to hide behind?
Stating a hider target at the beginning of Day 1 is pretty much just pure guesswork. Why not have people state their hider choice for Night 1 at the end of the day after they've been able to get some reads on people?

As it stands now, people like dramonic and RayFrost will probably be changing their choices throughout the day as they get new reads.

Reduce confusion, wait until the lynch choice is settled (though obviously not lynched yet--maybe somewhere around L-2 with two people having announced their willingness to hammer.).
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated

Return to “Completed Open Games”