3 Mobsters (Death Angels)

1 Role Cop (Investigator)

2 Watchers (Surveillance Officers)

1 Hider (Deceiver)

5 Townies (Civilians)

Night Start.

THE STORY

Earth, 2021.

Willis Meine, a renowned artist, made this now-infamous statement on March 12th, 2020:

"The A-bomb made many wars impossible. Now the E-bomb will make these wars inevitable."

4 days later, he was vaporized by one.

------------------------------------------------

The E-Bomb was born out of an environment of impending war; a time of decreasing natural resources, growing international tension, and societal collapse. "The perfect recipe for apocalypse," a writer called it.

The "E" stood for Enlis crystals, an energy source discovered in 2019 by Franz Enlis, a scientist under employ by the U.S government. He was on an expedition in the recently surfaced Keylen Islands in the Pacific Ocean when he happened upon the unique compound. The crystals were found to be of a never-before seen chemical composition, with remarkable properties. "They are definitely emitting some kind of energy", Enlis wrote in his journal. "I attempted to take one of the crystals from the wall, and some sort of arc discharge shot out from it, burning my fingertips." It was then clear that they were dealing with something completely unknown particles or gamma rays as expected, but

------------------------------------------------------

Just a cool setpiece, will finish later. Just know for now that the complex plot will end with you in a post-apocalyptic mob-controlled ghetto of sorts, with the pro-town factions trying to overthrow the mob and rebuild their country.

THE CAST

hewitt
Octupis
DeathRowKitty
Kublai Khan
dramonic
charter
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Gregory
Sleepless Assassin
RayFrost
Scien
ekiM

Guest Starring:

Willis Meine (NPC)

THE RULES

General Rules

Above all, this is a game – have fun!
Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not communicate with anyone outside this thread. Even then, only communicate when your role PM states you can.
Do not quote any communication you have with me, the moderator of the game. In most cases, paraphrasing things I have sent you (such as a role PM) is okay, but under NO circumstance may any information be directly quoted. If you are unsure if something is legal, feel free to ask me via PM.
. I’m only human, and as such, I’m bound to make mistakes. If you believe I have made one, feel free to send through a PM and tell me what you think is wrong. Some mistakes are minor and can be corrected, but other mistakes may not be correctable. These will stand as final to be discussed at the end of the game.
Be courteous to your fellow player. This is just a game, and any blatant personal attacks on another player will not be tolerated. Remember that everyone just wants to have fun!
Corfu Pink is the mod's color. Don’t use it.
Just kidding. Concord Grape is a much more becoming choice.
Either way, don't impersonate the mod, k? ^_^

Voting, Lynching and Deadlines

8. For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form
Vote: playername
. The colon is optional. You may also vote no lynch by posting
Vote: No Lynch
You must
unvote
a current vote before voting another. Failure to unvote will cause the vote to not be counted.
A lynch will occur at n/2 + 1 vote then rounded down, where n is the number of players currently alive. Once a lynch is achieved, votes may not be changed.
At a deadline, lynch can occur with a lower number of votes (approximately half the original amount). If there is not a majority by the deadline, then the person with the highest number of votes above the quota will be lynched and night will begin. In the case of a tie vote above the quota, one of the candidates will be selected at random to be lynched. If no person has a number of votes above the quota, there will be no lynch.
If a lynch occurs, then the game enters ‘twilight’, where all alive players including the lynchee may converse until I lock the thread and confirm the lynch. No votes may be changed during this phase.
Once you are dead, you are free to make one death post, but nothing more. This post cannot contain any information relevant to the game.

Activity

. Treat this game as a commitment, and try your best to stay active. If you will be unable to participate for a period longer than 3 days, please post in the thread or PM me saying so, and I will note you in thread.
If a player has not posted for a duration of 3 days, a prod will be sent upon request from a player. If the prod is not picked up within 2 days, you may be replaced. If you are prodded three times, you will be replaced.
All days will have a deadline of three weeks (21 days). Extensions may be available upon request, up to a total time of six weeks.
All nights will have a deadline of 72 hours. If an action is not sent in during this time, no action will be performed.
Last edited by Kaiveran on Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:29 am, edited 27 times in total.
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Kaiveran »

INFO CENTER
[/u]

CURRENT GAME STATUS

bold
= confirmed
* = number of prods

Alive (1/12)

Dramonic, Mafia Goon,
won the game Day 5

Dead (11/12)

Debonair Danny DiPietro
, killed Night 0,
Role Cop

Sleepless Assassin
, lynched Day 1,
Townie

hewitt
, killed Night 1,
Watcher

DeathRowKitty
, killed Night 1,
Hider

Scien
lynched Day 2,
Mafia Goon

RayFrost
, killed Night 2,
Watcher

Kublai Khan
lynched Day 3,
Mafia Goon

charter
, killed Night 3,
Townie

Octupis
, killed Night 4,
Townie

Dragonfly13
, lynched Day 5,
Townie

Adel
, endgamed Day 5,
Townie

ROLE PMs

Mobsters
:
You three are
Death Angels.
With terror and crime you reign over the survivors of the nukecaust and exploit their needs and fears for your own ends...and you love it. You get luxuries and freedoms that few people can even think of having now. However, there is resistance in the air. A group of people have initiated
the Nightwatchmen
, a resistance movement against the Angels, aiming to break free from your control and build their own vision of the future. They must not know you very well. Those in power never cede to the weak. Within weeks you had identified the main hotbed of resistance, and have ordered a deadly-force lockdown on the entire area. No one goes in or out, and there is nowhere to hide. Now all that's left is to hunt down the resistance. However, don't get found out. This is a clandestine operation, and these people mean business; if they really want to, they'll find ways to kill you.

<playerA>, <playerB>, and <playerC>, you all are
Mafia Goons.
You may talk amongst yourselves at night using this Quicktopic: [link]

Have one person from the group PM me the name of the player on behalf of the mafia. The named player will be killed. You win when at least half of the living players are mafia, or when nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via reply.
Role Cop
:
You are an
Investigator
working for the
Nightwatchmen
. Things seemed to be going well for the resistance until The
Death Angels
came. They've locked down your sector and are now hunting you actively, but you knew this wouldn't be easy. Luckily you've got skills that just might help you. You can investigate one person a night and reveal their true identity. However, you are unable to detect who is affiliated with the Death Angels in this neighborhood, as they have gone undercover. You and your fellow Nightwatchmen will need to rely on deduction, logic, reason, and a bit of luck to come out on top.

You are the
Role Cop.
Every night, you may pick one person to investigate. You will learn any abilities they have. However, you are unable to detect the secret activities of the Mafia; as such, they will appear no different than normal townies. You win when the Mafia are dead

Watchers

You are a
Surveillance Officer
working for the
Nightwatchmen
. You are the eyes and ears of the resistance, and you have constructed remarkable surveillance and intelligence systems to keep your kind safe. Unfortunately, The
Death Angels
have discovered you. They've ordered a complete lockdown on the entire area, and you know it's because they're coming to kill you. If you manage to take them down, this could be the first step towards your revolution. However, your occupation offers you little benefit at present. The Angels are working undercover, and they'll know if they're being actively watched. Thus, you have resorted to using your skills to protect your fellow Nightwatchmen. Once every night, you will go to someone's house and plant a bug, revealing anyone who intruded on that house.

You are a
Watcher.
Every night, you may pick one person to monitor. If they were targeted by any night action, you will learn who targeted them. You win when all Mobsters are dead.

Hider
:
You are a
Deciever
, and you are all about survival. You once were an active fighter against the
Death Angels
, but after you saw what happened to other people who resisted, you decided that it was best to worry about your own survival and stay as incognito as you could. You live off the grid, never staying in one place and never letting people close to you. You can effortlessly deceive and manipulate people to your own ends. As if incited by karma for your immoral behavior, you have been caught in a lockdown, trapped in a resistance hotbed with the
Nightwatchmen
you once fought with. They might forgive you and shelter you, but you have a profile with the Angels, and they'll sooner kill you than hear a word from your mouth. Can you rely on your wits to carry you through this time?

You are a
Hider.
Every night, you may pick one person to hide behind. You will be protected from night-kills. However, if you pick a person the mafia decides to kill, you will be found at their house and killed as well. If you try to hide behind a mobster, the mobster will betray you and you will die. You win when all the mobsters are dead.

Townies
:
You are an ordinary
Civilian
, fed up with the
Death Angels
' tyrannical rule and wanting to establish justice. As such, you found yourself a willing servant of the Nightwatchmen resistance group. However, the Angels have brought dreadful retribution upon you. They have locked down the area and dispatched a 3-member undercover team to hunt down resistance members. However, they underestimate the power of the common people. Will you eliminate the Death Angels and take a stand for your people?

You are a
Townie.
You are armed with only a vote. You win when all the mobsters are dead.

Last edited by Kaiveran on Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:32 am, edited 23 times in total.
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

I am pissed off to the EXTREEEME.

I spent 40 minutes on the role PMs and drafting the story for my game, and due to one faulty click on a bookmark, I lost all of my work. I am not typing all that again. Don't expect the game until tomorrow.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Okay, all role PMs have been sent and Confirmations are officially underway. Hold on to your butts...
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:00 am

Post by Kaiveran »

Unlocked for any questions and comments you may have.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Gregory
Gregory
Goon
Gregory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Gregory »

/confirm yayaya
Death solves all problems - no man, no problem.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:53 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Question: Why did dramonic send me a link to this?
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:56 am

Post by hewitt »

/confirm
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:01 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Wow...I'm stupid. I posted the wrong URL (I posted that from the school library so I was using a proxy that I accidentally pasted the URL of). It was supposed to be a link to a youtube video that I received in a private message from dramonic saying the mod told him to send it out.

Also, aren't we supposed to be confirming by PM? o.O
Scien
Scien
Goon
Scien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Scien »

Confirmation by PM was the impression I got from my PM.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Dramonic, that link wasn't to the game.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

About dramonic: I asked him to send the link to the game to other people in case they got confused. Looks like he either was at school using a proxy or took the opportunity to mess with people.

In any case, yes, I would like for confirmations to be by PM, but I'll accept the confirmation posts thus far since it might not have been completely clear.

As stated before, this is for any questions you may have, so if you have them, fire away.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Still waiting on Octupis and RayFrost to confirm.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by dramonic »

Oh wow... I fucked up the link, must have picked the URL of the video I was watching by accident. Sorry everyone ^_^;

It's still a great vid though
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Post by RayFrost »

dramonic wrote:Oh wow... I fucked up the link, must have picked the URL of the video I was watching by accident. Sorry everyone ^_^;

It's still a great vid though
obv scum misleading the town :P
don't you feel silly now?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:59 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

obv scum misleading the town
Vote: dramonic
. Quick! Maybe we can lynch him before the game starts!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:05 am

Post by RayFrost »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
obv scum misleading the town
Vote: dramonic
. Quick! Maybe we can lynch him before the game starts!
obv scum bussing

vote: DeathRowKitty DRK, DRK, DRK
claim: quadruple voter :P
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:10 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

You caught me : (

Vote: DRK
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:12 am

Post by RayFrost »

DeathRowKitty wrote:You caught me : (

Scum claim.

Town, let's lynch DRK :D
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:14 am

Post by dramonic »

Octupis left!

Alas, I'm voteless...
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:58 am

Post by Kaiveran »

Octupis has not even read his role PM. We might need a replacement before the game even starts...

I think 3 days is more than sufficient for confirmation. If he doesn't confirm by 9 tomorrow, he will be replaced.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:04 am

Post by RayFrost »

Usually, mods start the game when we only have one person unconfirmed... so the others aren't waiting around...
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:23 am

Post by Kaiveran »

Well, I guess it can't hurt too much.

My replacement policy for Octupis will still stand.
Octupis has confirmed.

I will start the game soon.
Last edited by Kaiveran on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:05 am

Post by Kaiveran »

Game has started. It is now Night 0.

Night 0 will end at 10:05 AM US Central DST, Friday, October 23, 2009.

Send in your night choices, people
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Kaiveran »

Slept iiiin. Stupid alarm not going off. Day will start promptly.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you

Return to “Completed Open Games”